- Coast Professional to add 103 jobs; COMIDA OKs tax breaks
Coast Professional Inc. plans to lease space in Henrietta and add 103 full-time workers, officials said Tuesday.
- URMC to buy Lakeside Hospital building, other assets
The University of Rochester Medical Center has struck a deal with Lakeside Health System and First Niagara Financial Group Inc., the bank holding Lakeside’s debt, to buy the recently closed Lakeside Hospital building and other Lakeside assets, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- Monroe County tops fiscally distressed list
Monroe County ranked first among fiscally distressed municipalities in New York whose fiscal year ends Dec. 31, a report released Tuesday by the state comptroller shows.
- Opening set for apartment community in Canandaigua
Rochester-based Riedman Cos. on Friday is marking the opening of the Hammocks at Canandaigua, a 200-unit luxury-style apartment community.
- Veramark terminates merger pact, agrees to new acquisition deal
Veramark Technologies Inc. has terminated its merger agreement with Varsity Acquisition LLC and All Big Ten Holdings Inc., announced in early May, in favor of a more lucrative deal with Hubspoke Holdings Inc. and TEM Holdings Inc.
- Sonic to expand into Rochester market
Sonic Corp., the largest chain of drive-in restaurants in the nation, said Monday it is planning five locations in the Rochester market in the next four years.
- EarthLink to acquire West Coast firm
EarthLink Inc. on Monday announced an agreement to acquire CenterBeam Inc., a privately held information technology service provider based in Silicon Valley, for $22 million.
- Brooks Court development opens in 19th Ward
The Brooks Court housing development in the 19th Ward was christened Monday, with a new street and 11 single-family, owner-occupied homes completed.
- N.Y. manufacturing survey delivers mix results
Conditions for New York manufacturers improved modestly in June, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- NYSE accepts IEC plan to meet listing requirements
IEC Electronics Corp. said Monday the New York Stock Exchange has accepted the company’s plan to regain compliance with the continued listing requirements of the exchange.
- RF Communications gets multimillion deals
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester announced two multimillion deals this week.
Most back surveillance to fight terrorism|
While the majority of respondents to this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll supports surveillance to combat terrorism, more than 70 percent say such programs should be more transparent. See dozens of comments from readers.
Stuck without jobs|
Some have called this a jobless recovery. At a glance the data seem to tell a different story, however.
This year, 50 is magic number for small business|
The face of small business is changing--to one that is more seasoned than ever before.
More From RBJ
- Regulation is a necessary evil. But there are risks with regulation.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.Check out photos from the recent Forty Under 40 Alumni Golf Outing and Reception.
New York State Headlines
- US futures waver in light trading (6/19/2013 4:10:23 AM)
- Royal Mail workers vote against sell-off (6/19/2013 4:09:53 AM)
- FedEx 4Q profit drops as economic growth is weak (6/19/2013 4:08:48 AM)
- Suicide bomber embraces and kills Sunni politician in Iraq (6/19/2013 4:08:33 AM)
- 5 Somalis, 7 militants die in attack on UN office (6/19/2013 4:07:26 AM)