- Brighton Securities names new CEO
Brighton Securities Corp. has appointed Jai Ramachandran as CEO, replacing Alexandra Conboy, who resigned to pursue other opportunities, company officials said.
- IEC notified of potential $20M in orders
IEC Electronics Corp said Wednesday it has received notification from a customer to start procuring materials in anticipation of at least $20 million in orders.
- Report compares U.S. demographics with Rochester
Rochester ranks among the top cities that most resemble the U.S. as a whole, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Time Warner Cable reports major outage; N.Y. launches probe
Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants the state Department of Public Service to investigate Time Warner Cable Inc.’s internet outage as part of its review of the company’s proposed merger with Comcast Corp., he said Wednesday.
- Strong West center to open Tuesday in Brockport
The long-planned Strong West ambulatory surgery center is slated to open Sept. 2, University of Rochester Medical Center officials said Wednesday.
- Chesonis to speak at UVANY forum in Syracuse
Sweetwater Energy Inc. Chairman and CEO Arunas Chesonis will be featured at an Upstate Venture Association of New York forum in Syracuse.
- Deadline approaching to buy GREAT Award tickets
The deadline to purchase tickets for Digital Rochester Inc.’s Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievements in Technology Awards is Sep. 4.
- Crosman approved as foreign trade subzone, may add jobs
Bloomfield-based Crosman Corp. has received federal approval for a foreign trade subzone; a move that could result in additional jobs.
- Pittsford firm among nation's top independent advisers
LVW Advisors LLC in Pittsford is ranked 26th, up 49 spots from last year, on Barron’s list of the Top 100 independent financial advisers.
- Tops parent narrows net loss in second quarter
Tops Holding II Corp., indirect parent company of Tops Friendly Markets LLC, narrowed its net loss in the second quarter, though net sales dropped roughly 1 percent.
- Rochester ranks poorly on safe cities for drivers list
Rochester has been named one of the least safe cities for driving among the nation’s largest 200 cities, a study from Allstate Insurance Co. reports.
- Field & Stream seeks workers for new Marketplace store
American Sports Licensing Inc.’s Field & Stream is hiring for its location in the Marketplace Mall.
- Farm breweries see giant boost since 2013 law passed
Farm-based manufacturing of alcoholic beverages in New York has doubled since 2011, and the total number of manufacturers has grown 105 percent, officials say.
- Wegmans partners with seafood coalition
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is partnering with the Gulf Seafood Marketing Coalition to provide customers with fresh seafood from the waters of the Gulf of Mexico through Sept. 6.
Is Rochester friendly to small business?|
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents give mostly passing grades to the Rochester region for its friendliness to small business and for the ease of launching a small business here.
Majority picks Pegulas for next Bills owner|
As the process to sell the Buffalo Bills moves into its next phase, speculation about bidders for the NFL franchise continues to mount. More than half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents say Terry and Kim Pegula are their No. 1 pick for next owner of the Buffalo Bills.
What if the “skills gap” truly does not exist?
More From RBJ
- Here's some free advice on how to put new life in baseball.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Sinai militant group says it beheaded four Egyptians (8/28/2014 2:46:02 AM)
- Ukraine's Poroshenko says Russia forces have invaded Ukraine (8/28/2014 2:29:37 AM)
- Egypt raises new charge against ex-president Morsi (8/28/2014 2:25:34 AM)
- WHO says Ebola outbreak could strike 20,000 people (8/28/2014 2:20:50 AM)
- Pakistani protest leader Qadri says talks with government fail (8/28/2014 2:18:46 AM)