- Wilmorite's proposed casino awards $31 million in contracts
The $425 million Lago Resort & Casino, proposed to be built in Tyre, Seneca County, has awarded $31 million in contracts.
- URMC hires successor to CFO Goonan
The University of Rochester Medical Center has named a longtime Boston Children’s Hospital financial official to replace URMC chief financial officer Michael Goonan, who is retiring Dec. 31.
- Geva launches $10 million capital campaign
Geva Theatre Center on Thursday announced a $10 million capital campaign to grow its endowment and complete the extensive renovation of its nearly 50,000-square-foot facility.
- Rochester region lost jobs in October
The Rochester region in October saw a dip in the number of non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Young professionals honored at Forty Under 40 luncheon
Roughly 850 people cheered 40 young professionals at the 20th annual Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 awards luncheon on Thursday.
- Orville's Home Appliances holds opening in Henrietta
Buffalo-based Orville’s Home Appliances Inc. will hold an opening event at its location in Henrietta on Sunday.
- B&L completes solar power installation
Bausch & Lomb Inc. has finished building one of the area’s biggest solar power installations, officials said Thursday.
- New-car sales roughly flat from a year ago
New-car sales in Monroe County in October continued to outpace 2013 sales, data from the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. shows.
- Duffy picked to succeed Parker as RBA president, CEO
Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy will succeed Sandra Parker at the helm of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc. Duffy is slated to start as RBA chief on Jan. 5. Parker retires at the end of this year.
- Legal Aid Society of Rochester leader to retire
Longtime Legal Aid Society of Rochester president and CEO Alan Harris plans to retire at the end of this month, society officials said this week.
- 5 area firms score perfect for corporate equality
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has given five locally founded companies perfect scores for maintaining lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender-friendly workplaces and publicly supporting LGBT issues.
- Aldi to open Irondequoit store next month
National low-price grocery chain Aldi will open in Irondequoit in December.
Snap Poll: Majority confident about retirement|
Recent stock market volatility has brought concerns about retirement savings and income into sharper focus, but the majority of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents are confident that in retirement they will be able to maintain their current standard of living.
High home costs hurt U.S. economy|
The effects of high home prices in desirable cities on the economy are insalubrious.
An improbable opportunity|
Is it any surprise that the federal deficit has largely disappeared as a political issue?
More From RBJ
- Reflections on the heroic life and legacy of Buffalo Bill James Robert Kalsu.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Translating the Common Core into tests fuels criticism.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Japan's lower house dissolved for snap election (11/20/2014 7:21:56 PM)
- Williams leads UNC to 45-20 rout of No. 25 Duke (11/20/2014 7:20:47 PM)
- Thai leader pats reporter on head, tugs his ear (11/20/2014 7:04:26 PM)
- Eyeing 2016, Clinton, Bush weigh in on Obama's immigration plan (11/20/2014 7:03:22 PM)
- No. 12 Kansas State beats West Virginia 26-20 (11/20/2014 6:52:54 PM)