- Mr. Dominic's owner buys Green Lantern Inn in Fairport
The Green Lantern Inn restaurant in Fairport has a new owner. John Tachin, owner of Mr. Dominic’s at the Lake in Charlotte, purchased the property for $782,000 from the previous building owner, Matt Laurence.
- Xerox executive named 2014 Technology Woman of the Year
Digital Rochester Inc.’s 2014 Technology Woman of the Year Award was presented to Anne Bell, vice president of enterprise and corporate applications at Xerox Corp.
- First Niagara net income falls 13% in Q1
First Niagara Financial Corp. on Thursday reported a 13 percent drop in first-quarter net income.
- Kodak to expand manufacturing of Sonora plates in Ga.
Eastman Kodak Co. said Thursday it will add a plate manufacturing line at its Columbus, Ga., facility dedicated to producing Kodak Sonora process-free plates.
- Net income climbs in Q1 for Five Star Bank parent
Financial Institutions Inc. reported a 19 percent jump in its first-quarter profit and beat Wall Street estimates by a nickel a share.
- Finalists selected for AMA Rochester Pinnacle Awards
The Rochester chapter of the American Marketing Association has named 22 finalists for the 2014 AMA Rochester Pinnacle Awards competition.
- Carestream inks contract with Johns Hopkins
Carestream Health Inc. scored a contract to supply the Johns Hopkins Health System with a picture archiving system.
- Gannett Q1 net profit falls 43 percent
Gannett Co. Inc., parent of the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle Media Group and USA Today newspapers, saw its net profit fall by 43 percent in the first quarter. The dip was attributable to recent acquisition of Belo Corp.
- Auto dealer pleads guilty to fraud
A former auto dealer who used the same vehicles to obtain financing from two different lenders has pled guilty to wire fraud.
- Community Bank parent Q1 profit up nearly 10 percent
The parent of Community Bank N.A. in the Rochester market reported a 9.5 percent increase in quarterly profits, beating Wall Street estimates by 2 cents a share.
- Partners + Napier pairs with Witchita firm to promote new account
Partners + Napier Inc. has joined with Invista to promote its recently acquired Tecgen brand account.
- RockVentures launches fitness program
RockVentures Inc. has launched ClimbFit, a high-intensity fitness program that combines rock climbing with core exercises, battle and suspension ropes, tractor tires and sledgehammers and climbing skills.
Majority backs Paycheck Fairness Act|
Nearly 60 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say a national gender wage gap exists. A similar majority supports the Paycheck Fairness Act. See dozens of comments from readers.
Yelp lawsuit is a wakeup call for small businesses|
The smart business owner monitors the Web for comments about his or her business and has a strategy for responding.
Will this chance be wasted?|
Ten years down the road, how the nation’s fiscal picture looks will largely be the result of actions taken now.
More From RBJ
- A harrowing Boston Marathon experience only strengthens her resolve.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- How the ACA has changed health coverage for the poor.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
- Plane lands at Bali airport in suspected hijacking: Indonesia air force (4/24/2014 11:32:01 PM)
- Northwestern players vote on union question (4/24/2014 11:29:03 PM)
- Russia's Lavrov accuses Washington of distorting Geneva accord on Ukraine (4/24/2014 11:26:42 PM)
- Ukraine says no let-up in 'anti-terrorist' operation (4/24/2014 11:21:46 PM)
- Sina suspends book site after pornography reported (4/24/2014 11:14:49 PM)