- Harris completes $4.75 billion acquisition of Exelis
Harris Corp. completed its acquisition of Exelis Inc. on Friday. The deal combines two companies that together generate $8 billion in annual revenue and employ more than 3,200 workers in the Rochester region.
- Graham posts higher profit, sales in Q4
Graham Corp. on Friday reported an increase in fourth-quarter profit and sales, due in part to increasing sales in the refining and chemical/petrochemical markets. However, its stock slid and is trading near its 52-week low.
- American Fuel Cell gets funding for R&D
Seven companies statewide, including American Fuel Cell LLC in Rochester, have been selected for funding to help scale up or demonstrate innovative approaches to energy storage. Each company gets $250,000 to support its research and development efforts.
- NTID named major subcontractor on FCC contract
Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Institute for the Deaf has been tapped for its expertise by the Federal Communications Commission, RIT leaders said.
- HCR Home Care to expand into three area counties
HCR Home Care is expanding its operations into Livingston, Ontario and Wayne counties, following approval from the state Department of Health.
- MCC graduation slated for Saturday
Monroe Community College is slated to hold its 52nd annual commencement Saturday. MCC graduate Timothy Wentworth, president and chief operating officer of Express Scripts Holding Co., will address the graduates.
- Seneca Foods deal with California firm terminated
Seneca Foods Corp. and Pacific Coast Producers Inc. said Thursday the asset purchase agreement between the two companies has been terminated because of delays in getting the deal approved.
- Slaughter: Harris considering bringing up to 200 jobs here
Rep. Louise Slaughter on Thursday urged the governor to help in her efforts to bring some 100 to 200 out-of-state jobs to the Rochester area at Harris Corp.
- New York Wine & Culinary Center launches food truck
The New York Wine & Culinary Center has launched a new food truck, center officials announced Thursday.
- Jazz Festival show sells out
Tickets for the Wheels of Soul Summer Tour 2015 on June 25 at the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival have sold out, festival organizers announced. The show is to feature the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings with special guest Doyle Bramhall II.
Dinolfo favored for county executive|
If the 2015 Monroe County executive election were held today, 63 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say they would favor Republican Cheryl Dinolfo over Democrat Sandra Frankel.
What the numbers say|
Increasing economic opportunity is the best way to reverse the city’s long-term population trend.
Spread the sad news about Red Wing peanut butter|
The faithful have claimed that Red Wing is so superior it is easily distinguished from the rest of the field. With them, “nearly identical” doesn’t count.
More From RBJ
- Tom Brady's reputation has been permanently stained. And Roger Goodell will continue to be perceived as a puppet of Pats owner Robert Kraft.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- In an effort to make the assessments more reliable, we've stepped over some invisible line.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Top-ranking Mormon leader L. Tom Perry dies from cancer (5/30/2015 2:17:11 PM)
- Church spokesman: Top-ranking Mormon leader L. Tom Perry dies from cancer at age 92 (5/30/2015 2:13:18 PM)
- Munoz wins rain-shortened IndyCar race in Detroit (5/30/2015 2:08:19 PM)
- More flooding in Texas after week of storms (5/30/2015 1:54:23 PM)
- Historic Gay Head Lighthouse completes 135-foot move (5/30/2015 1:50:50 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >