- Adarza BioSystems of Henrietta raises $17 million in financing round
Adarza BioSystems Inc., a Henrietta-based company, has raised $17 million in its Series C financing round, officials said Friday.
- Eastman School teams with ArtistShare
Eastman School of Music has announced a partnership designed to help launch the careers of students and alumni.
- Canal designated as a National Historic Landmark
The New York State Canal System, which includes the Erie Canal in Rochester, was designated a National Historic Landmark by the National Parks Service on Jan. 11.
- Trio of exhibits slated for NTID
Three exhibits are slated to open Jan. 27 at Rochester Institute of Technology’s National Technical Institute for the Deaf.
- Nocon receives 31st Athena Award
Nannette Nocon, private wealth adviser for Nocon & Associates, Ameriprise Financial Services Inc., received the 2017 Athena Award at a luncheon Thursday. Melisza Campos was the Athena Young Professional Award recipient.
- Developer claims Wegmans 'kills Chick-fil-A site' in Brighton
The developer of the Whole Foods Center in Brighton said Thursday plans to put a Chick-fil-A restaurant there are unlikely. Danny Daniele said he believes traffic concerns voiced by Wegmans Food Markets Inc. would make getting approvals and permits for the restaurant too difficult.
- Eastman Business Park to get battery plant with $1.2M ESD grant
Empire State Development, the region’s economic development agency, is providing $1.2 million from the Upstate Revitalization Initiative toward a new manufacturing facility at the Eastman Business Park for the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium Inc.
- Rochester Rattlers to play 2017 season at Rhinos Stadium
The Rochester Rattlers of Major League Lacrosse will play 2017 season home games at the Rhinos Stadium, officials announced Thursday.
- Rochester Brainery launches co-working space
Rochester Brainery LLC has launched Freelance Fridays, a co-working space to encourage entrepreneurial co-working, officials announced Thursday.
Snap Poll: Low expectations for Trump presidency|
Sixty-one percent of respondents think Donald Trump will do only a fair or poor job as president.
The true things|
In a time of uncertain moral leadership, business leaders must do what's right.
ACA repeal and unintended consequences|
The risks of repealing the ACA without a plan to take its place are just too great.
More From RBJ
- The Bills have become the laughingstock of the NFL, and not only because of their endless on-field futility.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Will "Trump: The Movie" be a thriller or horror flick?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- National Park Service tweeting again after suspension (1/21/2017 8:16:21 AM)
- LeBron considering return to US Olympic team under Popovich (1/21/2017 8:14:59 AM)
- Rooney becomes Man United's record scorer with 250th goal (1/21/2017 7:57:23 AM)
- Hackers in Russia claim to shut down African Cup website (1/21/2017 7:43:49 AM)
- Washington Metro reports surge in ridership on day of women's march (1/21/2017 7:39:03 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >