- Natcore to expand, add jobs
at Eastman Business Park
Natcore Technology Inc. will add 27 jobs at its research and development facility at the Eastman Business Park as part of a $914,000 expansion, officials announced Friday.
- Mayor presents $481.7 million Rochester budget
The 2013-14 budget for Rochester is 2 percent smaller than the current spending plan and cuts property taxes for typical businesses by nearly $500, Mayor Thomas Richards announced Friday.
- Most readers see value in social media
More than half of respondents to this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say social media use is important in their business.
- AMA chapter here honors the marketers of the year
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association announced the winners Thursday of the 2013 Pinnacle Awards, Marketer of the Year Awards and Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award.
- Reid added to Wegmans LPGA Championship
England’s Melissa Reid will be added to the Wegmans LPGA Championship after accepting an invitation as the sponsor’s exemption, tournament officials announced Friday.
- Report: Rochester region adds jobs in April
The Rochester metropolitan area economy continued to improve last month, with an increase in the number of non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor said Thursday.
- Paychex names new senior vice president of service
Paychex Inc. has announced a new senior vice president of service. The Penfield-based company said Thursday that John Gibson will be appointed to the position and become an officer of the company.
- Vuzix stock jumps 26 percent; firm posts Q1 loss
Vuzix Corp. reported a net loss for the first quarter as its sales continued to decline. Still, shares of the company’s stock were up 26 percent Thursday afternoon.
- Bills promote Whaley to GM
The Buffalo Bills on Thursday announced Doug Whaley was promoted to general manager. He replaces Buddy Nix, who on Monday announced he had relinquished his duties as GM and would transition to a special assistant with the team.
- Trio of stores coming to Eastview Mall
Three new stores are making their way to Eastview Mall this summer.
- Planned Parenthood branches plan merger
Planned Parenthood of the Rochester/Syracuse Region and Planned Parenthood of Western New York are merging to create a single entity providing service to the entire region.
- DSS shares decline after Q1 report
Shares of Document Security Systems Inc. were down nearly 6 percent Thursday as the company widened its net loss during the first quarter.
State of the city is 'fair,' plurality says|
The plurality of respondents say Rochester is in "fair" condition, but nearly 60 percent say the city is in better shape than it was two years ago before Mayor Thomas Richards took over.
A willingness to speak plainly about hard facts is necessary but not sufficient to lead the city. The ability to plan for the future and get things done is essential, too.
Affordable health insurance for N.Y.'s small firms|
By making the health insurance market work better for New York's small businesses, the law is letting them focus on what they do best: delivering great products and services, creating jobs and growing our economy.
More From RBJ
- NTID makes a big contribution to the local economy and promotes Rochester's "brand" worldwide.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.
- Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Check out photos from the recent Forty Under 40 Alumni Golf Outing and Reception.
New York State Headlines
- Rays hit 2 HRs, beat Orioles 3-1 for 3-game sweep (5/19/2013 1:41:33 PM)
- Rangers put Kinsler on DL, recall Profar (5/19/2013 1:39:39 PM)
- Phillies' Ruiz, Howard set for MRI exams (5/19/2013 1:38:54 PM)
- Officer shot in Marathon showdown wants to work (5/19/2013 1:07:20 PM)
- Sweden wins world hockey title (5/19/2013 1:05:42 PM)
Shortly after midnight on Jan. 19, 2012, Eastman Kodak Co. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. You can read our ongoing digital and print coverage online.
Learn More >