- Eastman Business Park agreement creates $49 million trust fund
State officials and Eastman Kodak Co. have agreed to operating terms for the Eastman Business Park, which includes a $49 million environmental trust fund, as Kodak emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, officials said Wednesday.
- Cuomo's Tax-Free NY legislation makes changes, including name
The final legislation for Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s tax-free initiative broadens the eligibility for state colleges and universities, and caps the amount of tax-free personal income.
- Brighton, Papyrus among new retailers at Eastview
Eastview Mall continues to add to its growing list of new stores.
- Assembly chooses not to vote on bill to bring MMA to N.Y.
Despite studies suggesting potential for huge economic impact in cities such as Rochester, the bill to legalize mixed martial arts in New York State has once again been knocked down.
- Ganondagan gets $1M from state for new art center
Ganondagan State Historic Site's Seneca Art and Culture Center has received a $1 million state grant that will allow it add some high-tech touches to the interior of its planned facility.
- Vision Automotive buys Hastings Buick GMC
Vision Automotive Group has purchased Bob Hastings Buick GMC. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- Kodak to seek court approval for $406 million rights offer
Eastman Kodak Co. has announced that a group of creditors has agreed to invest $406 million in a rights offering for common stock once Kodak emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Woodson among Press-Radio Club award honorees
Rochester Business Journal columnist Rick Woodson, who died in March, was among the honorees at Tuesday evening’s Rochester Press-Radio Club’s 64th annual Day of Champions Dinner.
- Schneiderman responds to report that Wells Fargo did not comply
A bad report issued Wednesday on Wells Fargo & Co.’s compliance with National Mortgage Settlement terms bolsters his resolve to seek further action against the bank, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said.
- Coast Professional to add 103 jobs; COMIDA OKs tax breaks
Coast Professional Inc. plans to lease space in Henrietta and add 103 full-time workers, officials said Tuesday.
- URMC to buy Lakeside Hospital building, other assets
The University of Rochester Medical Center has struck a deal with Lakeside Health System and First Niagara Financial Group Inc., the bank holding Lakeside’s debt, to buy the recently closed Lakeside Hospital building and other Lakeside assets, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- Monroe County tops fiscally distressed list
Monroe County ranked first among fiscally distressed municipalities in New York whose fiscal year ends Dec. 31, a report released Tuesday by the state comptroller shows.
- Opening set for apartment community in Canandaigua
Rochester-based Riedman Cos. on Friday is marking the opening of the Hammocks at Canandaigua, a 200-unit luxury-style apartment community.
Most back surveillance to fight terrorism|
While the majority of respondents to this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll supports surveillance to combat terrorism, more than 70 percent say such programs should be more transparent. See dozens of comments from readers.
Stuck without jobs|
Some have called this a jobless recovery. At a glance the data seem to tell a different story, however.
This year, 50 is magic number for small business|
The face of small business is changing--to one that is more seasoned than ever before.
More From RBJ
- Regulation is a necessary evil. But there are risks with regulation.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.Check out photos from the recent Forty Under 40 Alumni Golf Outing and Reception.
New York State Headlines
- Bulger trial: The hit man of Country Club Lane (6/19/2013 11:00:46 PM)
- Victims' relatives to testify in Bulger trial (6/19/2013 10:51:12 PM)
- AP PHOTOS: Bangladesh collapse left many amputees (6/19/2013 10:47:56 PM)
- Niger's worst power cuts in years threaten economy (6/19/2013 10:38:24 PM)
- China astronauts float water blob in kids' lecture (6/19/2013 10:38:22 PM)