- Partners + Napier acquires firm
Partners + Napier Inc. has acquired Post Central Inc. The acquisition was effective Dec. 6 and expands the marketing communications company’s reach to include content creation and video production services, with the launch of Content Central, a new internal division.
- Roberts Wesleyan selects new leader
Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary have named a new president. Deana Porterfield was named the 11th president of Roberts Wesleyan and the third president of Northeastern Seminary, the boards of trustees of the institutions announced Monday.
- Calero Software to be based here with 200 employees
Clearlake Capital Group L.P. this morning announced the formation of Calero Software LLC, which will have its headquarters in Henrietta and employ more than 200 workers here. Calero was formed through the merger of Veramark Technologies Inc.; Pinnacle, a Windstream Corp. company; and Atlanta-based Movero Inc.
- Xerox to cut some finance jobs here
Xerox Corp. is cutting some of its local finance positions in a companywide effort to reduce costs.
- Moldavian man admits to Internet scam
A Moldavian man accused of running an Internet scam that bilked would-be car buyers pled guilty to wire fraud charges Thursday in Rochester.
- Cooper Cos. shares drop after Q4 earnings miss
Shares of Cooper Cos. Inc. stock sank some 6 percent by midday Friday after the company’s fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted earnings missed expectations.
- Defense officials to visit Eastman Business Park, RIT
Two officials from U.S. Department of Defense’s procurement division will tour the Eastman Business Park and two Rochester Institute of Technology manufacturing facilities Monday with Rep. Louise Slaughter, officials said Friday.
- Air Force Thunderbirds to appear here in 2014
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will return to Rochester next summer after a year’s hiatus because of federal budget cuts, officials said Friday.
Majority: Firms can't refuse to follow law|
Businesses should not have the right to refuse to comply with federal law based on the owners’ religious beliefs.
Finding joy in someone else's misery can be tricky|
Any reform plan that truly targets what ails the U.S. health system will be disruptive.
In Congress' court|
Congress can--and should--resolve the issue of interstate sales tax collection for Web sales.
More From RBJ
- Red Wings GM Dan Mason hopes the Frozen Frontier will be a sports spectacle.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.Does the ACA's tax on medical devices make any sense?
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
- Trial begins in Montana newlywed killing case (12/9/2013 3:48:56 PM)
- Sundance announces 2014 premiere lineup (12/9/2013 3:39:42 PM)
- Odom pleads no contest to DUI, gets probation (12/9/2013 3:35:05 PM)
- French army battles militias in Central African Republic's capital (12/9/2013 3:26:41 PM)
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face federal charges (12/9/2013 3:25:47 PM)