- Icahn becomes Xerox second-largest shareholder; stock rises
News that billionaire investor Carl Icahn has taken a 7.1 percent stake in Xerox Corp. caused the company’s stock to jump in after-hours trading Monday, but it drifted lower Tuesday.
- Area's unemployment rate falls to 4.5 percent
Rochester’s unemployment rate continued to fall in October, as the number of private-sector and non-farm jobs rose, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- QVI donates equipment to establish lab at RIT
A new metrology lab is being established at Rochester Institute of Technology with a donation of three measuring systems by Quality Vision International Inc.
- Rochester ranks No. 12 on top cities to shop local
Rochester ranked No. 12 on Yelp’s 2015 list of the Top 20 Cities to Shop Local, officials announced Tuesday.
- Waste Management-owned site receives conservation award
High Acres Nature Area, owned by Waste Management Inc. in Perinton, has been honored with the 2015 International Conservation Award by the Wildlife Habitat Council, an international non-profit that accredits programs that create wildlife habitat on corporate lands. It has recognized 600 sites around the world.
- Paleo food truck expands to South Ave. location
Effortlessly Healthy LLC, a paleo meal delivery service and food truck company, has expanded to open a dining and takeout location at 1021 South Ave.
- Strathallan acquires Century Club
The Strathallan, a DoubleTree by Hilton and Hilton HHonors Hotel, has acquired the Century Club of Rochester, the historic mansion on East Avenue, across from the hotel.
- Doyle Security acquires Alert Protective Systems
Doyle Security Systems Inc. has acquired Alert Protective Systems Inc. for an undisclosed price, officials announced Monday.
- RIT receives nearly $2 million from NSF
Rochester Institute of Technology has received nearly $2 million in partnership with Raytheon Vision Systems to develop infrared detectors grown on silicon wafers for ground-based astronomy, university officials said Monday. The technology also could have applications for use in homeland security, remote sensing and biomedical imaging.
- Kolb receives Canandaigua Athena Award
Lauren Kolb, vice president and business development officer at Genesee Valley Trust Co., received the Canandaigua Athena Award at an awards celebration Friday evening at Finger Lake Community College Student Center.
Most worried about terror attack threat|
Nearly three-quarters of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are personally worried about the threat of a terrorist attack, and 29 percent report being very worried.
The final Regulation Crowdfunding rules seem to achieve the right balance.
Let's end turf battles that squelch our region's growth|
Collaboratively, we must do a better job of promoting our strengths and assets.
More From RBJ
- What happens if the minimum wage goes to $15 for all sectors in New York?Columnist expresses his gratitude for the many blessings the world of sports has bestowed.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Lawyer for Chicago police officer says video 'distorts images': CNN (11/25/2015 5:04:38 AM)
- UK keeps 2015/2016 gilt issuance plans, but to sell more T-bills (11/25/2015 5:03:10 AM)
- Orders for US durable goods rise strong 3 percent in October (11/25/2015 5:01:46 AM)
- Teen charged as adult in Philadelphia trooper shooting (11/25/2015 4:48:07 AM)
- U.S. jobless claims fall more than expected (11/25/2015 4:38:00 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >