- Rochester School for the Deaf names new superintendent, CEO
The Rochester School for the Deaf has a new superintendent and CEO after the retirement of longtime leader Harold Mowl.
- Nathan's Soup, Three Brothers Winery to open at Eastview
Eastview Mall in Victor will be adding Nathan’s Soup and Salad and Three Brothers Winery to its retail offerings this fall.
- Home health aide charged with Medicaid fraud
An area home health aide has been charged with felony Medicaid fraud for turning in phony time sheets, Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- RF Communications equipment gets security certification
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications division has received a security certification for some of its equipment, which allows the company to field its radios for secure voice and data communications up through the top secret level of information assurance.
- Roc City Realty launches on Atlantic Avenue
A ribbon cutting ceremony was scheduled for Wednesday morning to celebrate the grand opening of Roc City Realty.
- Xerox to lay off more than 120 workers at Webster facility
Xerox Corp. plans to lay off more than 120 workers at its Webster site this fall, according to a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act notice filed with the state Labor Department. The company notified employees Monday.
- Collecto gets tax break, plans to add 30 jobs
Massachusetts-based Collecto Inc. plans to lease additional space and add 30 employees to its Brighton location.
- SUNY Brockport president to retire next August
John Halstead announced Tuesday his intention to retire as president of SUNY College at Brockport in August 2015.
- URMC gets $4 million for cardiology research
A University of Rochester Medical Center cardiology research team has won a $4 million National Institutes of Health grant to study a genetic disorder that causes heart arrhythmias and can lead to sudden death, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- Rochester Airport to get $1.4M to lengthen taxiway
The Greater Rochester International Airport will get $1.4 million to lengthen a taxiway by 850 feet, officials announced Tuesday.
- RGRTA, subsidiary unveil million-dollar new look
The Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority and its Regional Transit Service subsidiary introduced new names and logos Tuesday as part of an estimated $1 million rebrand.
- Suit takes issue with language of redistricting amendment
A lawsuit was filed Monday appealing ballot language approved by the state Board of Elections for a November proposition to establish a redistricting commission.
How not to promote the use of hybrid automobiles|
Sound research convincingly demonstrates that a policy which appears to be both useful and “free” is neither.
Majority picks Pegulas for next Bills owner|
As the process to sell the Buffalo Bills moves into its next phase, speculation about bidders for the NFL franchise continues to mount. More than half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents say Terry and Kim Pegula are their No. 1 pick for next owner of the Buffalo Bills.
The sort-of recovery|
Any remedy for the income inequality situation must start with this question: Why has the divide between rich and poor broadened?
More From RBJ
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.The tragedy that took young racer Kevin Ward's life should not have happened.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Lynx's Moore wins WNBA MVP award (8/21/2014 5:50:30 AM)
- Indonesia's top court rejects appeal by losing presidential candidate over alleged poll fraud (8/21/2014 5:50:01 AM)
- SAfrican lawmakers protest presidential scandal (8/21/2014 5:42:25 AM)
- Julianne Hough dances back to 'Dancing' as judge (8/21/2014 5:37:46 AM)
- Bank of America agrees $17 bn deal over dodgy mortgages (8/21/2014 5:21:33 AM)