- Foodlink names Batiste and Tedesco as co-executive directors
Foodlink Inc. has a new set of co-executive directors after appointing the interim leaders to the position on a permanent basis.
- RIT-backed charter school set to open
A new school developed in a partnership of Uncommon Schools and Rochester Institute of Technology is slated to open its doors on Monday.
- First Niagara, M&T rank among insurance brokerage fee leaders
Brighton-based First Niagara Risk Management Inc. ranked sixth nationally and M&T Bank Corp. was 10th on a list of 20 banks with the largest insurance brokerage fee income for 2013.
- Medication technician admits to stealing narcotics
A Rochester medication technician has pleaded guilty to stealing some 650 prescription narcotics from patients at the Heather Heights assisted living facility in Pittsford, officials said Friday.
- U.S. gives city $11.3 million for anti-poverty efforts
The city of Rochester will receive $11.3 million for anti-poverty activities, including nearly $8 million for the Community Development Block Grant program.
- Farms, small firms get U.S. funds
Casa Larga Vineyards in Perinton and TreeCrisp2Go Inc. in Wayne County each have been awarded $200,000 in federal funding to enhance their operations, officials said this week.
- Area companies make Inc. list of fastest-growing firms
More than a dozen companies in the region earned spots on the 2014 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies nationwide.
- Forbes reports bids for Bills are each below $900 million
The three non-binding bids for the Buffalo Bills each are less than $900 million, with Terrence Pegula’s offer the highest at $890 million for a franchise valued at $935 million, Forbes magazine reports.
- N.Y. to receive $800 million of Bank of America settlement
New York is slated to get $800 million as its share of a nearly $17 billion settlement announced Thursday between Bank of America Corp. and the Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities Working Group.
- Area unemployment rate drops in July
Rochester’s economy continued to improve in July, with an increase in the number of jobs and a decrease in the unemployment rate, the state Department of Labor reported.
- VirtualScopics names new CFO
VirtualScopics Inc.’s board of directors has appointed James Groff as chief financial officer, effective immediately, officials said Thursday.
Groff, 44, has been the company’s acting CFO since last August.
- City ranks in top half of list rating friendliness to first-time buyer
Rochester ranks among the top half of cities nationwide for its friendliness to first-time home buyers, a new report from WalletHub shows.
Is Rochester friendly to small business?|
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents give mostly passing grades to the Rochester region for its friendliness to small business and for the ease of launching a small business here.
Majority picks Pegulas for next Bills owner|
As the process to sell the Buffalo Bills moves into its next phase, speculation about bidders for the NFL franchise continues to mount. More than half of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents say Terry and Kim Pegula are their No. 1 pick for next owner of the Buffalo Bills.
What if the “skills gap” truly does not exist?
More From RBJ
- Here's some free advice on how to put new life in baseball.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- Morality, not a particular moral code, anchors a good society.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Cirque du Soleil takes Beatles tribute to airports (8/22/2014 11:19:39 AM)
- Coalition sues over immigrants' access to lawyers (8/22/2014 11:15:59 AM)
- Lawsuits challenge FAA drone, model aircraft rules (8/22/2014 11:11:36 AM)
- Mexico creates special economic-crime force (8/22/2014 11:11:02 AM)
- White House encouraged by changes in situation in Ferguson, Missouri (8/22/2014 10:55:27 AM)