- Monro Q4 sales rise 14% but net income and EPS fall
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Tuesday reported increased sales for the fourth quarter, a result of improved sales from new stores. The quarter, however, saw a drop in profits.
- Area's unemployment rate drops to 7.2 in April
The Rochester metropolitan area continued to improve in April, with a decrease in the unemployment rate and an increase in the number of jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- Keep your eye on Xerox, Burns tells shareholders
Xerox Corp. is evolving into a services-led, technology-driven company, its leaders said at the firm’s annual meeting of shareholders in Connecticut.
- Trulign lens by B&L gets FDA approval
Bausch & Lomb Inc. has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for its Trulign lens, company officials said Tuesday.
- Muller Quaker Dairy to open June 3
The Muller Quaker Dairy—the Greek yogurt manufacturing venture between PepsiCo Inc. and the Theo Muller Group—will open June 3, officials announced Tuesday.
- N.Y. homeowners received nearly $2B under settlement
New York homeowners so far have received $1.92 billion in National Mortgage Settlement money, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday.
- Trade publication includes area firms among 'Fab 50'
Two local firms, Spoon Exhibit Services Inc. and RES Exhibit Services LLC, have been named to Event Marketer Magazine’s “Fab 50” list.
- Magazine recognizes Mann's Jewelers
Town & Country, a national fashion and lifestyle magazine, has named Mann’s Jewelers in Pittsford to its 2013 list of “America’s Leading Independent Jewelers.”
- Group honors Pier 45 among top outdoor dining spots
For the second consecutive year, Rochester’s Pier 45 has been selected as one of the Top 100 Restaurants for Outdoor Dining in the U.S. by OpenTable, an online real-time restaurant reservation service.
- IEC posts preliminary second-quarter results with $1.1 million loss
IEC Electronics Corp. on Monday reported preliminary estimated second-quarter financial results and said it has not been able to finalize the results due to the need to restate its fiscal 2012 numbers.
- Carestream inks contract for Norwegian hospitals
Carestream Health Inc. has won a contract to supply 35 Norwegian hospitals with digital imaging equipment and picture-archiving systems.
- Career expo at FLCC set for Thursday
More than 40 employers and agencies that help job seekers will gather at Finger Lakes Community College on Thursday for the first “Why I Love the Finger Lakes” Career Expo.
State of the city is 'fair,' plurality says|
The plurality of respondents say Rochester is in "fair" condition, but nearly 60 percent say the city is in better shape than it was two years ago before Mayor Thomas Richards took over.
A willingness to speak plainly about hard facts is necessary but not sufficient to lead the city. The ability to plan for the future and get things done is essential, too.
Affordable health insurance for N.Y.'s small firms|
By making the health insurance market work better for New York's small businesses, the law is letting them focus on what they do best: delivering great products and services, creating jobs and growing our economy.
More From RBJ
- NTID makes a big contribution to the local economy and promotes Rochester's "brand" worldwide.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.
- Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Check out photos from the recent Forty Under 40 Alumni Golf Outing and Reception.
New York State Headlines
- UK coalition to last despite rifts, infighting: deputy PM (5/22/2013 3:35:32 AM)
- Ryan Gosling breaks Cannes' heart, misses premiere (5/22/2013 3:34:32 AM)
- Conn. rail service returns to normal (5/22/2013 3:29:26 AM)
- Mortar lands in Congo as UN chief arrives (5/22/2013 3:28:13 AM)
- Life-saving face transplant performed in Poland (5/22/2013 3:19:41 AM)
Shortly after midnight on Jan. 19, 2012, Eastman Kodak Co. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. You can read our ongoing digital and print coverage online.
Learn More >