- URMC, Noyes Health exploring formal affiliation
The University of Rochester Medical Center and Noyes Health are exploring a formal affiliation, officials said Tuesday.
- Rochester area unemployment rates drops to 5.8%
Rochester’s economy continues to improve, with a drop in the unemployment rate and increases in private-sector and non-farm jobs last month, the state Department of Labor reported.
- KeyBank consolidates its upstate regions
KeyBank N.A.’s markets in Rochester and Buffalo have been consolidated into the rest of Upstate New York and will operate as a single region, the Cleveland-based bank announced.
- How happy are New Yorkers?
New York ranks in the bottom half of states for resident happiness, a report from WalletHub states.
- Intel Labs exec to speak at RIT
Anthropologist Genevieve Bell has a reputation as a technological fortune-teller, tracking the hopes and fears of people as it relates to technology.
- Ex-Simon School dean Plosser plans to retire from Fed next year
Charles Plosser, who left the Simon School of Business after 28 years to become president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in 2006, will retire next year, officials announced Monday.
- Three firms receive business ethics award
Three Rochester companies have received the 2014 Ethie Award, presented by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation. The awards were handed out Monday evening at the 12th annual awards event held at Geva Theatre Center.
- Rubik's Cube, bubbles among 12 finalists for Toy Hall of Fame
The finalists are in for the 2014 election to the National Toy Hall of Fame. The Strong announced the group of toys up for election to the hall of fame. Inductees are chosen based on factors including innovation, longevity and icon-status.
- BME Associates CEO Boncke to retire Oct.1
Bruce Boncke, CEO and a founding partner of BME Associates in Fairport, plans to retire Oct. 1. He is to be replaced by Peter Vars, who has served as president since 2010.
- Funding complete for Inner Loop project
The Inner Loop redevelopment project in the East End will be funded fully when work begins this fall.
- Executive retires from Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union
Jerry Zehr, president and CEO of Ontario National Bank during its acquisition by Community Bank N.A. in 2006, has retired as senior vice president and chief financial officer at Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union.
Snap Poll: Most want the GOP to control Congress|
Nearly two-thirds of RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents want Republicans in control of both the Senate and House of Representatives after the midterm elections.
N.Y. should stay the course on Common Core standards|
New York stumbled when it rushed the tests and incorporated the Common Core throughout all at once.
Strength of leadership|
URMC has thrived under Dr. Berk’s leadership. There’s every reason to believe it will continue to do so with Dr. Taubman as CEO.
More From RBJ
- New York stumbled when it incorporated the Common Core throughout all at once.Heat intensifies as Roger Goodell and the NFL fumble major issues.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- 5 things to know about spending on state races (9/23/2014 8:05:36 PM)
- Spending on state races' ads tops US Senate (9/23/2014 8:03:57 PM)
- Poor supports Brazil's president in re-election (9/23/2014 8:02:50 PM)
- Today in History (9/23/2014 8:00:36 PM)
- Samsung to launch new phone in China before Apple (9/23/2014 7:56:57 PM)