- Xerox anticipates loss in Q3 due to incomplete projects
Xerox Corp. said Tuesday it expects a third-quarter loss after learning that some projects in its government health care business would not be completed.
- New-car sales in September improve from a year ago
New-car sales showed improvement last month from year-ago sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Harris unit gets $10M order for wideband tactical radio systems
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems Segment continues to land multimillion-dollar orders. The Rochester-based operation Tuesday said it has received a $10 million order for its wideband radio systems to support an undisclosed Southeast Asia nation.
- Eastman School to host top programs at Music College Fair
The Eastman School of Music plans to host top music specialty programs from across the country at the 10th annual Music College Fair in Upstate New York, officials said Tuesday.
- Event aims to highlight Rochester's Downtown Innovation Zone
High Tech Rochester Inc. and AT&T Corp. are teaming up for Rochester Venture Adventure on Oct. 17, an event aimed at helping community members embrace Rochester’s Downtown Innovation Zone.
- Pitoniak honored by Professional Football Writers of America
Rochester Business Journal sports columnist Scott Pitoniak has earned first-place honors in the Professional Football Writers of America’s 2015 Dick Connor Writing Awards.
- Elio Motors showcases three-wheeled car at Nazareth College
More than 46,000 people are on a waiting list to buy a car like the one that rolled onto the Nazareth College campus Tuesday, and Nazareth students will be helping to sell more.
- Duffy named chairman of leadership council for photonics institute
Robert Duffy, president and CEO of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc., has been appointed chairman of the $600-million Integrated Photonics Institute for Manufacturing Innovation’s Leadership Council.
- Harris' segment here receives $66M in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received $66 million in orders to provide wideband tactical radios and support services to nations in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Constellation Brands stock hits all-time high
Constellation Brands Inc. hit a new all-time high Monday, less than a week after the wine, beer and spirits maker reported stellar second-quarter financial results driven by growth in its beer segment.
- Entrepreneurs to share stories of failure
Digital Rochester Inc.’s Entrepreneurial Special Interest Group is holding its third “The Failure Sessions,” an event Oct. 13 where entrepreneurs will share stories of failure to help others learn from them, officials said.
Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say|
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
The worth of the Finger Lakes plan truly will be demonstrated if it guides the region no matter the outcome of the Upstate Revitalization contest.
Energy Star rebates are sometimes a good idea|
From the standpoint of both consumers and the utility companies, utility rebates are sometimes a good idea.
More From RBJ
- "Voice of the Amerks" Don Stevens is still scoring with his hockey broadcasts.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- As jobs are lost to automation, how should we respond?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Former NBA star Odom found unconscious at Nevada brothel (10/13/2015 6:12:00 PM)
- USA home skid worst since '97 as Costa Rica wins 1-0 (10/13/2015 6:00:47 PM)
- Sheriff says former NBA star Lamar Odom found unresponsive at Nevada brothel, hospitalized (10/13/2015 5:58:24 PM)
- Ex-NBA champ Odom reportedly 'fighting for life' (10/13/2015 5:48:29 PM)
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton revises trade history in Dem debate (10/13/2015 5:41:12 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >