- Kodak to seek court approval for $406 million rights offer
Eastman Kodak Co. on Tuesday evening announced that a group of creditors has agreed to invest $406 million in a rights offering for common stock once Kodak emerges from Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Coast Professional to add 103 jobs; COMIDA OKs tax breaks
Coast Professional Inc. plans to lease space in Henrietta and add 103 full-time workers, officials said Tuesday.
- URMC to buy Lakeside Hospital building, other assets
The University of Rochester Medical Center has struck a deal with Lakeside Health System and First Niagara Financial Group Inc., the bank holding Lakeside’s debt, to buy the recently closed Lakeside Hospital building and other Lakeside assets, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- Monroe County tops fiscally distressed list
Monroe County ranked first among fiscally distressed municipalities in New York whose fiscal year ends Dec. 31, a report released Tuesday by the state comptroller shows.
- Opening set for apartment community in Canandaigua
Rochester-based Riedman Cos. on Friday is marking the opening of the Hammocks at Canandaigua, a 200-unit luxury-style apartment community.
Most back surveillance to fight terrorism|
While the majority of respondents to this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll supports surveillance to combat terrorism, more than 70 percent say such programs should be more transparent. See dozens of comments from readers.
Stuck without jobs|
Some have called this a jobless recovery. At a glance the data seem to tell a different story, however.
This year, 50 is magic number for small business|
The face of small business is changing--to one that is more seasoned than ever before.
More From RBJ
- Regulation is a necessary evil. But there are risks with regulation.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.Check out photos from the recent Forty Under 40 Alumni Golf Outing and Reception.
New York State Headlines
- Airbus clocks 59 orders for new A350 wide-body jet (6/19/2013 7:42:17 AM)
- Japan formally OKs new nuclear safety requirements (6/19/2013 7:39:19 AM)
- Israel to export 40 percent of its natural gas (6/19/2013 7:38:29 AM)
- Banks fall short in helping struggling homeowners (6/19/2013 7:33:53 AM)
- A guide to the life and mystery of Jimmy Hoffa (6/19/2013 7:33:47 AM)