- Venture Ecosystem Awards nominees announced
The 2016 Venture Ecosystem Awards nominees are finalized, Upstate Venture Connect announced Thursday.
- Downtown transit center lauded as project of year
The Regional Transit Services downtown transit center in Rochester was recently named a 2016 Public Works Project of the Year by the American Public Works Association.
- Northwest Bank parent recognized by Forbes for trustworthiness
Northwest Bancshares Inc., the parent of Northwest Bank, made Forbes’ list of the nation’s most trustworthy financial companies for the fifth year.
- Mendon gets $60k in federal funding for health-wellness program
The Mendon Fire District will receive $60,620 in federal funding to help first responders improve their capability to respond to fires and emergencies.
- Labor group files suit to revive RCSD school modernization deal
The Rochester Building Trades Council has filed a state court action in a bid to reinstate a canceled labor agreement covering the Rochester City School District’s $1.3 billion school modernization project.
- Xerox inks $5.5 million contract with Tenn. finance department
The state of Tennessee has selected Xerox Corp. to provide benefits cards to 120,000 citizens receiving child support, unemployment compensation and state pension payments.
- UR grad students celebrate NLRB ruling they can unionize
A decision that clears the way for graduate assistants to unionize inspired a news conference at the University of Rochester Wednesday as students, adjuncts and the Service Employees International Union discussed a local organizing drive.
- News10NBC names news director
News10NBC has named Casey Clark news director effective Aug. 29.
- The Entrepreneurs Network seeks applicants for boot camps
Applications are being accepted for The Entrepreneurs Network Class XXI, supporting science and technology startups as well as small businesses tapping new markets or expanding their product lines.
- Rochester contracts among those approved by state comptroller
The state comptroller has approved 1,462 contracts valued at $1.72 billion and payments of almost $6.3 million in July, including four that affect the Rochester area.
Snap Poll: Trump should release returns, most say|
More than 80 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Donald Trump should release his income tax returns to the public.
Rochester continues to have key assets in advanced industries and soon could gain more with the photonics hub.
Main and Clinton site is best fit for theater|
The city is facing a difficult choice considering plans for the heart of downtown Rochester.
More From RBJ
- The legendary life of racing's lovable loser Zippy Chippy.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Using census data to analyze opportunities for black professionals in Rochester is far from straightforward.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday (8/25/2016 5:00:59 PM)
- California boy in legal fight dies after ventilator removed (8/25/2016 4:56:20 PM)
- Report: Explosion rocks sports center in Belgian town of Chimay, at least one dead (8/25/2016 4:52:44 PM)
- Fed officials tell activists rate hikes won't derail economy (8/25/2016 4:39:18 PM)
- Yellen, in speech Friday, could send signal about next hike (8/25/2016 4:26:08 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >