- Multimillion dollar gift helps UR make fundraising history
Their name graces two buildings on campus already in honor of their generosity to the university. This time, a multimillion dollar commitment by Robert and Pamela Goergen puts the University of Rochester over the top of its largest fundraising campaign in its history.
- Brookings report shows drop in jobs near area residents
The number of jobs near residents in the Rochester metro area has fallen since the beginning of the millennium, with jobs in high-poverty areas experiencing the steepest declines, a new report from the Metropolitan Policy Program at the Brookings Institution shows.
- Paychex reports boost in profit, sales
Paychex Inc. reported $704.3 million in total revenue for its fiscal third quarter, beating analyst expectations and representing what company executives call “good progress” against sales initiatives.
- Kraft, with operations in Avon, to merge with Heinz
H.J. Heinz Co. and Kraft Foods Group Inc.—which has local operations—announced Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create the Kraft Heinz Co., forming the third-largest food and beverage company in North America.
- Hillside Family of Agencies affiliates with Binghamton-area facility
Hillside Family of Agencies is expanding its footprint to the Binghamton area with a new affiliation with the Stillwater Residential Treatment Facility.
- SUNY Brockport names new dean
The newest dean at SUNY College at Brockport brings more than 25 years of experience as a health educator.
- Roberts Communications founder dies at 89
Roberts Communications Inc.’s founder Walter Roberts died Monday after a battle with cancer. He was 89 years old.
- Bills to erect statue of Ralph Wilson Jr.
The Buffalo Bills will commission a statue of Ralph Wilson Jr. for display outside Ralph Wilson Stadium, the organization announced today.
- Nominees chosen for technology woman of the year honor
Digital Rochester Inc. has announced 11 nominees for the 2015 Technology Woman of the Year Award.
- Nearly 5,000 area travelers enrolled in TSA Precheck
Upstate New York regional Transportation Security Administration Precheck enrollment centers are some of the busiest in the country, with nearly 5,000 Rochester area travelers enrolled in the system since it opened last year.
- Fairport whiskey wins bronze at competition
Fairport-based Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, doing business as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won a bronze medal for its “Rattlesnake Rosie’s Apple Pie” whiskey at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
Readers split on minimum wage hike|
By 53 percent to 47 percent, respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll narrowly oppose an increase in the state’s minimum wage.
Investments downtown are a very positive sign for the heart of the city.
Three myths confuse conflict-of-interest rule|
Sponsors have a meaningful stake in the game. They ignore it at their own peril.
More From RBJ
- Social service "block grants"? Why not just give them cash?Suggestion that Jim Boeheim step down after his SU program was penalized created quite a stir.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Jury examines models of bombs used in Boston Marathon attack (3/26/2015 10:54:46 AM)
- US, Iran nuke talks enter critical round ahead of deadline (3/26/2015 10:41:58 AM)
- Saudi strikes Yemen rebels as Iran warns of 'dangerous step' (3/26/2015 10:37:57 AM)
- Uncle denounces police claim that California kidnap was hoax (3/26/2015 10:30:53 AM)
- Suburban Chicago cousins arrested in Islamic State case (3/26/2015 10:25:31 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >