- Golisano Foundation to honor six with Move to Include Awards
The B. Thomas Golisano Foundation plans to celebrate its 30th anniversary by presenting its first Move to Include Awards, honoring those who promote inclusion for people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Randi Zuckerberg to speak at RIT Saunders College series
A powerhouse in the media world headlines a popular lecture series next week at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Henrietta distributor partners with craft brewer
Shmaltz Brewing Co. is partnering with Henrietta-based distributor Lake Beverage Corp., officials said.
- STAMP in Batavia attracts first tenant; more than 1,000 jobs likely
More than 1,000 full-time jobs stand to be created in the Finger Lakes region with the announcement Wednesday of the first tenant of the Science and Technology Advanced Manufacturing Park in Batavia.
- Food Venture Center gets $7M in funding
New York’s wine and beer industries are getting a boost with a $7 million investment announced Wednesday for Cornell University's food-research facility in Ontario County.
- Beer drives up profits for Constellation Brands
Constellation Brands Inc. posted an increase in profits for the second quarter, driven by its beer business.
- Germany's Pfisterer Group acquires Lapp Insulators
Lapp Insulators Holding—the parent company of Lapp Insulators LLC in LeRoy, Genesee County—has been acquired by the Pfisterer Group of Germany for an undisclosed sum.
- Wesson Group wins $8M contract for Braddock Bay restoration
An upstate company has been awarded an $8 million contract for a restoration project on Braddock Bay, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced on Wednesday.
- Consumer confidence falls in September
Confidence among upstate consumers took a turn for the worse in September, a quarterly report from Siena Research Institute shows.
- UR names entrepreneurship center for Mark and Carolyn Ain
The Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Rochester is being named the Ain Center for Entrepreneurship, officials announced Wednesday, in recognition of the generosity of Mark Ain and his wife, Carolyn.
- National experts to participate in Upstate Social Sessions
Upstate Social Sessions—a collaboration of social media experts from national and local companies—begins Oct. 31 at the School of the Arts on Prince Street.
- Arnold to join anchor team of 'Good Day Rochester'
13WHAM News has added Alexis Arnold to the anchor team of “Good Day Rochester,” effective Oct. 12, officials said.
- Holiday Inn Rochester Downtown plans opening
Business travelers and other visitors to the area will have a new hotel option with the Holiday Inn Rochester Downtown grand opening Friday.
Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say|
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
The worth of the Finger Lakes plan truly will be demonstrated if it guides the region no matter the outcome of the Upstate Revitalization contest.
Energy Star rebates are sometimes a good idea|
From the standpoint of both consumers and the utility companies, utility rebates are sometimes a good idea.
More From RBJ
- "Voice of the Amerks" Don Stevens is still scoring with his hockey broadcasts.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- As jobs are lost to automation, how should we respond?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- U.S. drops Pentagon program to train Syrian rebels: NYT (10/9/2015 4:04:18 AM)
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta (10/9/2015 4:03:30 AM)
- Shell asks shippers exporting Nigerian oil to sign guarantee (10/9/2015 4:03:03 AM)
- Ebola's persistence in survivors fuels concerns over future risks (10/9/2015 3:54:14 AM)
- Plane carrying Eritreans leaves Italy under new EU plan (10/9/2015 3:53:20 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >