- Wilmorite's casino gets green light from Gaming Facility Location Board
The $425 million Lago Resort & Casino, proposed to be built in Tyre, Seneca County, has been given the green light by the New York Gaming Facility Location Board.
- Cuomo plans to ban fracking in New York
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration will move to ban hydraulic fracturing for shale gas development in New York.
- State grants $5 million to FLHSA for planning
Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency has won a $5 million state grant, officials said Wednesday.
- Rochester among top third of college communities
Rochester is among the top third of college cities nationwide, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Constellation finalizes joint venture for glass plant in Mexico
Constellation Brands Inc. has finalized its joint venture with Owens-Illinois Inc. and completed the acquisition of Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV’s glass production plant, which is located adjacent to Constellation’s brewery in Nava, Coahuila, Mexico.
- Rochester ranks No. 3 on top communities for volunteering list
Rochester is among the most service-minded communities in America, a report released this week from the Corporation for National and Community Service and the National Conference on Citizenship shows.
- Pittsford gets funding from state for canal projects
The Town of Pittsford has been awarded funds for canal-related projects from the New York State Regional Economic Council, town supervisor William Smith and Pittsford Village Mayor Robert Corby announced Wednesday.
- Funding to benefit area's first peer respite program
East House and the Mental Health Association of Rochester have been awarded $500,000 from the Monroe County Office of Mental Health to establish a peer respite program, the first of its kind in the area.
- Ceremony marks Button Lofts grand opening
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held Wednesday to celebrate the grand opening of the Button Lofts’ residences.
- Kodak names new top legal officer
Eastman Kodak Co. has promoted a longtime company attorney to the post of general counsel.
- State awards millions for railway, airport repairs
The Rochester region has been awarded more than $1.3 million for railway repairs and more than $1.7 million for airport repairs from the state’s Passenger and Freight Rail Assistance Program.
- Genesee Valley Trust board names new CEO
The Genesee Valley Trust Co.’s board of directors has voted unanimously to appoint Joy Ryen Plotnik as CEO, effective immediately.
- RF Communications lands $38 million order from Australia
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications division has received a $38 million order to deliver radios that will provide Australia’s armed forces with tactical voice and data communications.
Plurality rates nation's economy as fair|
Forty-seven percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll rate the state of the U.S. economy today as fair. Thirty-seven percent rate it good. Only 4 percent gave the economy an excellent rating, while 12 percent said it is poor.
As a leftover, turkey ranks atop the pecking order|
Now turkey takes many forms, with sales year-round.
It's easy to understand why the health of the Great Lakes is critically important. But that vitality has been jeopardized by two centuries of development.
More From RBJ
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!Caledonia native and UR senior lecturer Curt Smith hits a home run with a new book on the first President Bush.
- Improving city schools in Rochester: a steep hill to climb.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
New York State Headlines
This feed is currently not available.
- Somalia's former prime minister nominated to post again (12/17/2014 10:00:14 PM)
- 1 dead, several injured as car hits pedestrians (12/17/2014 9:55:12 PM)
- NY rapper Bobby Shmurda faces gun, drug charges (12/17/2014 9:52:10 PM)
- Fed rate wording boosts Asian stock markets (12/17/2014 9:47:43 PM)
- Year after W.Va. river spill, execs face charges (12/17/2014 9:39:05 PM)