- Transcat's stock edges upward on first-quarter profit jump
Transcat Inc.’s stock was up more than 4 percent Wednesday, after the company reported a strong start to its fiscal year. Net income for the quarter increased to $601 million, or 8 cents a diluted share, compared with $445 million, or 6 cents a diluted share a year ago.
- URMC wins $1.65M grant for nurse practitioner residency
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Department of Family Medicine has won a $1.65 million grant to fund creation of nurse practitioner residency, URMC officials said Wednesday.
- Area firms named 43North semifinalists
Several area firms are among 110 semifinalists from a pool of more than 3,000 submissions in a Buffalo business idea competition with a first prize of $1 million.
- Rochester gets points for healthy real estate market
Rochester has a healthy real estate market among the nation’s largest metro areas, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- IBM collaborates with RIT on cybersecurity program
IBM Corp. is teaming up with Rochester Institute of Technology to advance education for students in the cybersecurity program.
- RGRTA to add service, make improvements to Henrietta routes
Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority plans to add service and make improvements to some routes in Henrietta, company officials said this week.
- University of Rochester earns StormReady certification
The University of Rochester is the first private university in New York to be certified StormReady by the National Weather Service, officials announced Wednesday.
- Schumer seeks change in rule that limits use of security software
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., issued a call to the federal government on Wednesday to suspend a proposed rule that limits Upstate New York’s electrical power grid companies, banks and telecommunication companies from some protections against cyberattacks.
- Upgrade to Bausch & Lomb complex gets boost from RG&E
A planned $200 million upgrade of Bausch & Lomb’s Rochester manufacturing complex on Tuesday got a nearly $1 million boost from Rochester Gas and Electric Corp.
- URMC wellness center to kick off partnership with YMCA
The University of Rochester Medical Center and the Greater Rochester YMCA this week are officially kicking off what the organizations believe to be a first-of-its-kind collaboration for this area with URMC’s move into 6,000 square feet of the Eastside Family YMCA’s new 20,000 square foot addition.
- Batavia builder to work on MCC's downtown campus
Manning Squires Hennig Co. Inc. has been selected as the general trades and interior construction contractor for the Monroe Community College Downtown Campus, officials said Tuesday.
- UR Medical Faculty Group taps financial expert
The University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group has named Daniel Cavallo as its senior financial director, officials announced Tuesday.
- Bills training camp kicks off Friday at St. John Fisher
The 16th annual Buffalo Bills Training Camp starts with the first practice at 9 a.m. Friday at St. John Fisher College.
- Vuzix's eyewear available in safety-glass format
Vuzix Corp. Tuesday said its Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses product is now available in a prescription-capable, safety-glass format.
Readers weigh in on U.S.-Cuba relations|
Three out of four respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll approve of President Barack Obama’s decision to restore diplomatic relations with Cuba.
The third way|
How to plug New York’s glaring “LLC loophole”? Let’s count the ways.
In the community's interest, put politics and turf aside|
Our community must shed its political, geographic and demographic divisions and truly operate as one team to create the new Rochester.
More From RBJ
- Van Miller, the longtime Voice of the Bills, died over the weekend. Read Scott's 2014 tribute to Miller.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- The newly appointed state Education Commissioner has a big job ahead.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- US official: Debris in photo belongs to Boeing 777 (7/29/2015 1:44:32 PM)
- Troy Tulowitzki still shocked by trade to Toronto (7/29/2015 1:39:11 PM)
- US court says drug-sniffing dog fails the smell test (7/29/2015 1:39:00 PM)
- US official: Debris in photo belongs to same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia plane (7/29/2015 1:31:29 PM)
- Lew informs Congress he extending debt-limit measures (7/29/2015 1:29:30 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >