- Report shows commuters here waste 39 hours a year
Rochesterians spend 39 hours a year sitting in traffic and waste 20 gallons of gas doing it, a new report from Texas A&M Transportation Institute and INRIX Inc. shows.
- Xerox launches new brand strategy
Xerox Corp. has launched a new brand strategy that focuses on making work easier to navigate.
- Home Properties sets meeting for deal approval
Home Properties Inc. plans to hold a special meeting of stockholders in October asking for approval to be acquired by a global private-equity firm.
- Snap Poll: Rochester airport gets fair grades
Nearly 90 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll frequently use Greater Rochester International Airport for business travel and the plurality gave the airport a fair grade for airfare costs and number of daily flights to destinations of choice.
- Trillium Health, MOCHA Center merge
Trillium Health Inc.’s board of directors announced Friday it is merging with the MOCHA Center Inc.
- Envision Graphics opens its new location
Envision Graphics Inc. is holding an opening event until 7 p.m. today at its new location at 2340 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road.
- Program to help some customers lower AC costs
New York State Electric and Gas Corp. and Rochester Gas and Electric Corp., subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA Inc., launched a program to help residential and business customers manage their air-conditioning costs.
- URMC to receive $1.26 million in state funding for research
As one of a dozen top-tier awardees in the 2015 round of New York’s Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program, the University of Rochester Medical Center’s clinical research programs is in line to receive $1.26 million over the next two years, state officials said Thursday.
- Paychex lists top regulatory issues affecting businesses
The top regulatory issue affecting businesses this summer has been the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Paychex Inc. said Thursday.
- Monroe County ranks 4th in N.Y. for mortgage approvals
Home buyers are more likely to be approved for mortgages in Monroe County compared with most other counties statewide, a new report from SmartAsset shows.
- Sequels Home Furnishings to hold opening in Victor
Sequels Home Furnishings LLC will hold the opening of its 5,000-square-foot store in Victor, Ontario County, on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m., officials said Thursday. The new showroom is located at 5 Railroad St.
Snap Poll: Most readers support pay-ratio disclosure|
Nearly 70 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll approve of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s new rule requiring public companies to disclose the ratio of CEO compensation to median worker pay.
The new regs|
It’s not easy to find examples of bipartisanship in Washington, but the Jumpstart Our Business Startups or JOBS Act surely was one of them.
Blink twice, and this month is already gone|
August is the fastest month of the year. It annually arrives following a somewhat lackadaisical July.
More From RBJ
- Here's a look at some sports traditions that resonate.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Uncritical faith leads to irrational policy. Consider Republicans' faith in tax cuts.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Sales of unearthed Atari games total more than $100,000 (8/29/2015 10:20:10 AM)
- Bank of England stance on rates unchanged by China - Carney (8/29/2015 10:17:38 AM)
- Harris County Sheriff: Suspect in fatal shooting of deputy at gas station still being sought (8/29/2015 10:09:11 AM)
- Golf club owner agrees to pay $100,000 over manure incident (8/29/2015 10:02:48 AM)
- Donald Trump says he'll decide on third party bid soon (8/29/2015 9:55:25 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >