- iCardiac rolls out
iCardiac Technologies Inc. has launched QPoint, a platform that supports the growing need for electronic clinical outcome assessment services, known as eCOA, in drug development.
- Conduent posts loss in first solo report
Conduent Inc. reported a year-over-year drop in fourth-quarter sales and a net loss; it was the company’s first separate financial results following its split from Xerox Corp. in January.
- Music hall announces 2017 inductees
Joe Beard, Uncle Roger and Samuel Adler are among 2017 inductees to the Rochester Music Hall of Fame announced Wednesday.
- Region ranks No. 2 in N.Y. for solar installs
The Finger Lakes region saw the second-highest growth in solar installations across the state in the last five years, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday.
- Cultural diversity represented in Rochester
Rochester’s cultural diversity ranks among the top 25 percent nationwide, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Wegman to speak at commencement
Colleen Wegman, president of Wegmans Food Markets Inc., is scheduled to deliver the keynote address to St. John Fisher graduates during their commencement ceremony May 13.
- Postal worker charged with phone theft
A former mail handler charged with stealing cell phones from the Jefferson Road U.S. Post Office was allegedly a selective thief.
- North American Breweries breaks ground on Eco-Brewery District
North American Breweries Inc., the parent company of the Genesee Brewing Co., broke ground Tuesday on a 13,000-square-foot brewery “cold block” on St. Paul Street. The groundbreaking is part of the brewery modernization project.
- RIT, Markin Tubing team up on project
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Center of Excellence in Advanced & Sustainable Manufacturing is teaming up with Wyoming County-based Markin Tubing, a dba of Markin Tubing Disc Corp., to better service the automotive industry, officials said.
- Domino's franchisee to appear in national commercial
A franchisee of Domino’s Pizza Inc. locations in Rochester area will be one of five owners in a national commercial for the pizza chain, officials said Tuesday.
- Report finds optimism grows among middle-market executives
Middle-market executives are twice as optimistic about the U.S. economy as they were last year, according to a new report from JPMorgan Chase & Co. that surveyed small and midsize businesses just before President Donald Trump took office.
- Valeant deal with EyeGate bolsters B&L offerings
Bausch & Lomb Inc. parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. has signed an agreement giving the eye-care company exclusive rights to manufacture and market EyeGate Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s post-eye surgery products, officials of the companies said Tuesday.
- Trio of area schools named to Fulbright list
Three area colleges and universities have been named to the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs list of U.S. colleges and universities that produced the most 2016-17 Fulbright students.
- First American lauded for company culture
First American Equipment Finance in Perinton was recognized for its company culture, ranking 14th among large business on a list developed by Entrepreneur magazine.
Snap Poll: Readers divided on millionaires' tax|
Readers are narrowly divided on whether New York’s so-called “millionaires’ tax” should be allowed to expire this year.
The notion that New York’s high earners will simply stay and pay does not hold up under scrutiny.
Can Trump bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs?|
Trying to recreate the U.S. manufacturing sector of the 1950s and 1960s would be difficult and costly.
More From RBJ
- No matter how you feel about UConn'sGeno Auriemma, there’s no denying the guy can flat-out coach.The village of Cherry Creek recently voted to dissolve. Its residents and local officials should be applauded.
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- North Korea lashes Malaysia over Kim assassination (2/22/2017 7:06:00 PM)
- US envoy Tillerson in Mexico to soothe ties (2/22/2017 5:36:10 PM)
- Administration lifts transgender student bathroom guidance (2/22/2017 4:28:27 PM)
- Hug a tree while you still can: U.S. forests are disappearing (2/22/2017 3:22:21 PM)
- Polls show Trump is unpopular but carries clout (2/22/2017 3:15:51 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >