- Seneca Foods deal with
California firm terminated
Seneca Foods Corp. and Pacific Coast Producers Inc. said Thursday the asset purchase agreement between the two companies has been terminated because of delays in getting the deal approved.
- Slaughter: Harris considering bringing up to 200 jobs here
Rep. Louise Slaughter on Thursday urged the governor to help in her efforts to bring some 100 to 200 out-of-state jobs to the Rochester area at Harris Corp.
- New York Wine & Culinary Center launches food truck
The New York Wine & Culinary Center has launched a new food truck, center officials announced Thursday.
- Jazz Festival show sells out
Tickets for the Wheels of Soul Summer Tour 2015 on June 25 at the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival have sold out, festival organizers announced. The show is to feature the Tedeschi Trucks Band, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings with special guest Doyle Bramhall II.
- Sutherland Global Services plans to add 200 jobs
Sutherland Global Services Inc. is looking to add 200 employees in Rochester. Along with a partnership with the New York State Department of Labor, the customer service provider will host a recruitment event May 28.
- Unemployment rate falls as jobs climb in April
The unemployment rate in Rochester continued to fall last month as the number of jobs climbed, the state Department of Labor reported Wednesday.
- Law firms' practices ranked on Chambers & Partners lists
Practices at Rochester-based Harter Secrest & Emery LLP, Buffalo’s Hodgson Russ LLP and Phillips Lytle LLP earned band 1 designations on the Chambers & Partners 2015 law-firm lists.
Dinolfo favored for county executive|
If the 2015 Monroe County executive election were held today, 63 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say they would favor Republican Cheryl Dinolfo over Democrat Sandra Frankel.
What the numbers say|
Increasing economic opportunity is the best way to reverse the city’s long-term population trend.
Spread the sad news about Red Wing peanut butter|
The faithful have claimed that Red Wing is so superior it is easily distinguished from the rest of the field. With them, “nearly identical” doesn’t count.
More From RBJ
- Tom Brady's reputation has been permanently stained. And Roger Goodell will continue to be perceived as a puppet of Pats owner Robert Kraft.Check out this week's Seen page. You might recognize someone ... maybe yourself!
- In an effort to make the assessments more reliable, we've stepped over some invisible line.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- U.S. warns G7 of global economy 'accident' without Greece deal (5/29/2015 6:16:23 AM)
- FGM campaigners: Nigeria ban welcome, but work not over (5/29/2015 6:15:20 AM)
- South Africa brings in tough entry rules for children to curb trafficking (5/29/2015 6:14:13 AM)
- Stocks open slightly lower after economic data disappoints (5/29/2015 6:11:01 AM)
- US consumer sentiment drops in May (5/29/2015 6:10:59 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >