- Colleen Wegman named president and CEO of Wegmans
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has named Colleen Wegman as president and CEO, the company announced Wednesday. Danny Wegman is now the grocery retailer’s chairman.
- Paychex third quarter net income rises
Paychex Inc. on Wednesday reported third-quarter net income of $202.5 million, an increase of 12 percent from a year ago.
- Xerox unveils new product line
Xerox Corp. Wednesday announced its single largest product launch with devices geared toward a more technological and mobile workforce.
- RIT's College of Imaging Arts and Sciences dean to step down
Rochester Institute of Technology’s dean of the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences, Lorraine Justice, will step down as of March 31 due to health reasons, officials announced Wednesday.
- Fortune magazine recognizes ESL
ESL Federal Credit Union has been named to a list of the 40 best workplaces in financial services and insurance by Fortune magazine.
- Pinnacle North welcomes first tenants this weekend
The first residential tenants are about to start moving into Pinnacle North, the $120 million mixed-use development project on the north shore of Canandaigua Lake.
- Finalists named for World Video Game Hall of Fame
The Strong has announced 12 finalists vying for induction into the World Video Game Hall of Fame this year: Donkey Kong, Final Fantasy VII, Halo: Combat Evolved, Microsoft Windows Solitaire, Mortal Kombat, Myst, Pokemon Red and Green, Portal, Resident Evil, Street Fighter II, Tomb Raider and Wii Sports.
- Rochester jobless rate rises in February
Rochester’s economy continued to wane in February, with an increase in the jobless rate and a loss in private sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Tuesday.
- NYS ranks low on quality of government services
New York State taxpayers have the fifth worst return on investment nationwide, a new analysis from WalletHub shows.
- SOHO Rochester 2017 set for WednesdayThe 16th annual Small Business Show, known as SOHO Rochester 2017, takes place Wednesday at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Majority: Firing hurts corruption fight|
This month President Donald Trump fired Preet Bharara as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York after the prosecutor reportedly declined to resign. Roughly 67 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Snap Poll expect his departure to hurt efforts to reduce corruption in New York.
A boost for electric cars|
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday announced a $70 million program to provide electric car rebates and pay for an outreach initiative—another step toward greater market acceptance.
Automation and job losses: Which way now?|
Many observers of the American workplace are concerned about the malign impact that automation is having and will continue to have on the demand for labor.
More From RBJ
- Stymied pitcher reclaims love of baseball in FranceRealpolitik over health care: The American Health Care Act--U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan's "repeal & replace" law--proves the truth of the maxim: "Laws are like sausages -- it is best not to see them being made" (misattributed to Otto von Bismarck).
- Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- U.S. judge says arrested Mexican 'Dreamer' can be released (3/29/2017 10:01:37 AM)
- Spicer has no information about how Nunes got into the White House (3/29/2017 9:38:58 AM)
- Sean Spicer knocks critics of his ‘spirited back-and-forth’ with April Ryan (3/29/2017 9:07:43 AM)
- The one time Samsung didn’t copy Apple, everyone’s accusing it of copying Apple (3/29/2017 9:07:25 AM)
- Spicer calls on reporter April Ryan first following harsh exchange (3/29/2017 9:03:16 AM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >