- Judge issues order to end
trio of county LDCs
A judge has issued an order that puts the final nail in the coffin for three local development corporations and returns oversight of their functions to Monroe County.
- Carestream wins patents in U.S., internationally
Carestream Health Inc. won 43 new U.S. patents and 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries in 2016, Carestream officials said Tuesday.
- UR dean to step down
University of Rochester leaders announced Wednesday that Richard Feldman, dean of the College for the last decade, is stepping down at the end of this academic year.
- RHA unveils renovated homes
The Rochester Housing Authority held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for four renovated homes on Garson Avenue, near the Public Market.
- Schneiderman joins call to nix EPA chief bid
New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday that he has added his name to a letter urging a U.S. Senate committee to scotch the nomination of Scott Pruitt to head the Environmental Protection Agency.
- FluxData acquired by U.K. firm
FluxData Inc. has been acquired by Halma PLC, a United Kingdom-based safety, health and environmental safety group.
- COMIDA OKs breaks for $3.3 million bowling center
Radio Social LLC was approved for tax breaks by the County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency Tuesday for its new $3.3 million bowling center in the city.
- SED rebrands, partners with Vt.-based SunCommon
Sustainable Energy Developments Inc., a renewable energy company based in Ontario, Wayne County, announced Tuesday it is rebranding through a partnership with the Vermont-based SunCommon.
- Final headliner acts for jazz festival announced
The remaining headliner acts for the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival were announced Tuesday. The acts include the United Kingdom rock group King Crimson and British soul singer Joss Stone (at right). All performances are scheduled to take place at 8 p.m. in Kodak Theatre during the nine-day festival, June 23 to July 1.
- Former SUNY Alfred president dies
The campus community at SUNY College of Technology at Alfred is remembering its former president, William Rezak, who passed away Saturday following a battle with cancer.
- RIT named core academic partner of new robotics institute
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Golisano Institute of Sustainability has been named as a core academic partner of the Advanced Robotics Manufacturing Innovation Hub announced by the Department of Defense.
- Sunnking's new equipment to boost profitability
Brockport-based Sunnking Inc. has purchased new equipment to help the firm become more efficient in dealing in end-of-life electronic equipment, officials said.
- Survey: Business activity grows for N.Y. manufacturers
Business activity continued to grow modestly in New York in January, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicates.
Snap Poll: Readers divided on Obama performance|
Opinions on Barack Obama's performance as U.S. president remain polarized as he prepares to leave the White House.
Not part of the plan|
Inefficiency in local government is not the sole reason for high property taxes.
Business ethics in the coming Trump era|
Donald Trump needs to realize that business—and indeed, politics—is not a game.
More From RBJ
- The Bills have become the laughingstock of the NFL, and not only because of their endless on-field futility.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Will "Trump: The Movie" be a thriller or horror flick?Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Even before taking office, Trump has changed the presidency (1/18/2017 11:32:28 PM)
- One more day: Obama in his final hours in the White House (1/18/2017 11:28:54 PM)
- 'Many dead' in avalanche-hit hotel after Italy quake (1/18/2017 11:28:42 PM)
- Carter tells AP more US troops will not fix Iraq or Syria (1/18/2017 11:24:08 PM)
- The Latest: Italian authorities: 30 missing in avalanche (1/18/2017 11:21:15 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >