The honorees have been selected for the 15th annual Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 awards, which recognize professionals younger than 40 years of age for service in their jobs and in the community.
A luncheon and presentation of awards will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
The 2009 honorees are:
- Marvell Adams, administrator, the Living Center at the Highlands at Pittsford.
- Kevin Aman, senior manager, marketing communications, Harris Corp. RF Communications Division.
- Carrie Andrews, labor relations specialist, New York State United Teachers, and Monroe County legislator.
- Jennifer Arbore, partner, Eldredge, Fox & Porretti LLP.
- Kymberly Bailey, senior search consultant, Cochran Cochran & Yale LLC.
- Drew Bielemeier, vice president of operations, Heritage Christian Services Inc.
- Josh Bouk, vice president of customer services, Veramark Technologies Inc.
- David Bovenzi, vice president, U.S. Trust, Bank of America Corp.
- Megan Broomfield, partner, Mengel, Metzger, Barr & Co. LLP.
- Andrew Cappotelli, director of finance and controller for the human resources services group at Paychex Inc.
- Peter Connoy, vice president of finance, Paetec Holding Corp.
- Stephen Cook, assistant professor of pediatrics, Golisano Children's Hospital at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Daniel Diefendorf, vice president and area director, Ciber Inc.
- Maria Thomas Fisher, 311 project leader, city of Rochester.
- Elizabeth Fredericks, managing partner, Vitalwork Inc.
- Christopher Gamble, president, Kroner Gamble & Co. CPA P.C.
- Daniel Goldstein, chief financial officer and partner, Buckingham Properties LLC.
- David Hou, senior associate, Boylan, Brown, Code, Vigdor & Wilson LLP.
- Stephen Jones, partner, Nixon Peabody LLP.
- Matt Jones, marketing and business development, Wegmans Food Markets Inc.
- Daniel Kinel, partner, Harter Secrest & Emery LLP.
- Jennifer Martlew, senior audit manager, Insero & Co. CPAs P.C.
- Sheri McKenna, director of marketing, Continental Service Group Inc.
- Clayton Millard, vice president and wealth management adviser, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Christopher Mooney, director of client services, Cobblestone Capital Advisors LLC.
- Michael O'Leary, office managing partner, Ernst & Young LLP.
- Sean Ossont, associate vice president of strategic planning, University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Kara Painting, managing partner/creative director, Dixon Schwabl Advertising Inc.
- Rachael Phelps M.D., medical director of surgical service, Planned Parenthood of the Rochester/Syracuse Region Inc.
- Delmonize Smith, assistant professor of management, E. Philip Saunders College of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Kari Smoker, assistant professor, St. John Fisher College.
- Tom Tehan, AERS senior manager, Deloitte & Touche LLP.
- Marina Tharayil, member of research and tech staff, Xerox Corp.
- Barry Thornton, senior vice present of transformation management, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.
- James Traylor, director of the special care program, Financial Architects.
- Peter Van Putte, business banking manager, HSBC Bank USA.
- Kyle Van Putte, president, landscape division manager, Van Putte Gardens.
- Jay Wegman, vice president, Wegman Cos. Inc.
- Angelette Williams, university relations manager, ITT Corp.'s Space Systems Division
- Nancy Goldsmith Zawacki, vice president of marketing and communication, Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc.
A panel of judges, all previous honorees, chose this year's group: Kevin Best, Best Times Financial Planning Inc., class of 2007; Stephanie Schaeffer, Paychex Inc., class of 2008; Malik Evans, M&T Bank, class of 2008; Mark Murphy, class of 2008; and Nicole Marro, Nixon Peabody LLP, class of 2008.
(c) 2009 Rochester Business Journal. Obtain permission to reprint this article.