To identify the companies that rank among the RBJ 75 and to measure their performance in the most recent fiscal year, the Rochester Business Journal conducts a thorough analysis of available data. The methodology is designed to make fair, meaningful comparisons among businesses operating in a wide range of industries.
Following are the definitions of the key terms used throughout this special section:
Annualized total return-Total return, compounded monthly with dividends reinvested, stated on an annual basis.
- Earnings (loss) per share-End of fiscal year, as stated in the annual report.
- Market value-Share price on Mar. 30, 2011, multiplied by the common shares outstanding on that date.
- NA-Not available.
- NM-Not meaningful.
- NR-Not ranked.
- Net income-As stated in the annual report.
- Return on sales-Net income divided by net sales.
- Sales-Net sales as stated in the annual report. For financial institutions, total interest income plus other operating income.
To purchase extra copies of RBJ 75, contact the Rochester Business Journal circulation department at (585) 546-8303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/29/11 (c) 2011 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or e-mail email@example.com.