Digital Rochester on Thursday presented its 2012 Technology Woman of the Year award.
The recipient was Jennifer Kruschwitz, principal engineer at JK Consulting. The presentation came during a breakfast event at Locust Hill Country Club.
The award recognizes and celebrates the achievements of women in the technology field in Rochester, officials said. Kruschwitz was one of 11 nominees named earlier this month.
Kruschwitz accomplishments include being a senior member of the Optical Society of America and a member of the International Society of Optical Engineers. Kruschwitz has published more than 20 journal articles and magazines. She is also an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Rochester and holds two patents as well as two patents pending in the areas of laser cinema display and color.
The other nominees were:
- Elizabeth Amato Fleck, manager of health information technology, Innovative Solutions Ltd.
- Cheryl Carney, regional director, Windstream Corp.
- Jessica DeGroote Nelson, research and development manager, Optimax Systems, Inc.
- Dawn DePerrior, senior director of enterprise clinical systems, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Uma Gupta, CEO and founder, PlanetGPA
- Jennifer Indovina, president and CEO, Tenrehte Technologies Inc.
- Sally Loughry, director of customer Service, M5 Networks Inc.
- Robin Louvain, software program manager, Carestream Health Inc.
- Cheryl Nelan, president and owner, CMIT Solutions of Monroe
- Jennifer Shanley, CEO, Zwirlz Inc.
(c) 2012 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.