Five area women have been nominated to receive the Canandaigua Athena Award. Winners are to be announced at a dinner Nov. 16 at Finger Lakes Community College’s new Student Center.
The nominees are:
- Edythe Gansz, owner, Empire Appraisal Associates;
- Diana Griffith, CEO and president, Park West Hair Design and Spa;
- Sharon Gullo, psychiatric nurse, Canandaigua Lake Counseling;
- Sharon Joslyn, controller/human resources manager, Bristol Harbour Resort; and
- Aimee Ward, owner, Finger Lakes Gallery and Frame.
For the third year, the Canandaigua Athena program will award a Canandaigua Athena Young Professional Leadership Award to an emerging woman leader who is 40 or younger and who demonstrates excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession.
The five nominees for the Young Professional Leadership Award are
- Amy Calabrese, vice president member services, Reliant Community Federal Credit Union;
- Jenny Goodemote, director, Wood Library;
- Lynn Holcomb, sales/marketing/e-commerce administrator, Randall Buick-GMC-Cadillac;
- Margaret Meyer, assistant vice president, personal banking and insurance services
- manager, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Co.; and
- Lindsay Morrow-Lilly, banking officer and corporate communications manager, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Co.
A portion of proceeds from the event benefit women’s scholarships. Tickets to the gala are $50 and can be purchased at the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce.
For details, visit www.canandaiguachamber.com.
(c) 2012 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.