Digital Rochester Thursday presented its annual Technology Woman of the Year award to Amy Carey, director of customer services at Veramark Technologies Inc.
As of director of customer services, Carey leads a technical team with a customer satisfaction rate of 98 percent, said Digital Rochester.
Carey is also the leader for Digital Rochester’s Women in Technology focus group. Through the organization she has worked with Girl Scouts of Western New York and Rochester Institute of Technology on education events for girls, ages 7 to 16, centered on computer game design and development.
The award was presented Thursday morning during an event at Casa Larga Vineyards in Perinton. Carey was one of 10 nominees named earlier this month.
The other nominees were:
- Amy Castronova, president and CEO of Novatek Communications Inc.
- Anna Hadnagy, chief information officer of Gradfly
- Holly Holevinski, a professor of engineering technologies at Monroe Community College
- Jean Kase, executive director of The Entrepreneurs Network
- Santosh Kurinec, professor of microelectronic engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology
- Beth LaRocca, director of IT at Harter Secrest and Emery LLP
- Diana Nole, president of digital medical solutions at Carestream Health Inc.
- Marcia Olson, president and CEO of AviSmart Technologies Inc.
- Amy Rigatti, optical manufacturing group leader at the University of Rochester.
(c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.