Carestream Health Inc. was awarded 64 patents last year, officials said Wednesday.
That’s a 49 percent increase compared with 2012, when Carestream was awarded 43 patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Patents awarded to the medical imaging and X-ray film firm’s researchers by the USPTO last year included patents for innovations in radiology imaging, health care IT, dental imaging and other areas.
Highlights of the new patents earned include:
- Innovations in Carestream’s growing portfolio of wireless digital X-ray detectors that can enhance medical image quality while helping improve patient care for a wide range of healthcare providers;
- New software enhancements for Carestream’s Vue Picture Archiving and Communication System that provide flexible, cost-effective review, management, distribution and archiving of medical images;
- Advancements in dental imaging, dental image processing and software, and new dental restoration systems;
- New technology in intraoral optical camera systems and dental radiography sensors;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features from Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films applying innovative silver nanowire technology that allows for exceptional conductance and superior optical performance on a flexible surface.
“The investment by Carestream in intellectual property is a reflection of our commitment to delivering high-quality products and solutions to our customers that exceed their expectations,” said Susan Parulski, chief patent counsel for Carestream. “The increase in U.S. patents over last year illustrates the depth of talent and dedication of our technical team.”
Carestream was also awarded 33 patents from countries outside the U.S.
(c) 2014 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.