Twenty-two individuals and two organizations were honored Tuesday at the Rochester Business Journal’s 2014 Health Care Achievement Awards luncheon. This year’s honorees are the 12th group to receive the awards.
Roughly 450 people attended the event at Hyatt Regency Rochester.
The Health Care Achievement Awards recognize individuals and groups whose contributions to health care have been deemed outstanding by their colleagues, patients and supervisors.
Award nominations were made by community members, who supplied biographies, testimonials and other supporting information to the Health Care Achievement Awards committee.
Individuals and groups were eligible for consideration in eight categories: innovation, management, medical professional, nurse, physician, senior care, special needs and volunteer.
The honorees for 2014 are:
- David Borkholder, Bausch & Lomb associate professor, microsystems engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Todd Massey M.D., associate professor of surgery and surgical director, program in heart failure, artificial heart and transplantation, University of Rochester Medical Center.
- PharmaSmart International Inc.
- Holly Anderson, executive director, Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester.
- Cynthia Gordon R.N., director of telehealth, Rochester General Health System.
- Sankar Sewnauth, president and CEO, CDS Monarch Inc.
- Karin Caracci, phlebotomist, Rochester General Hospital and Clinton Family Health Center.
- Elaine Duckey, senior home health aide, Visiting Nurse Service of Rochester and Monroe County.
- Kelly Luther, director of social work and patient and family services, University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Kathleen Doerner R.N., senior nurse manager, Lipson Cancer Center, Rochester General Health System.
- Ann Harrington, director of nursing practice, Highland Hospital.
- Sheila Miller-Serafin, nurse specialist-medication/medical systems manager, Hillside Family of Agencies.
- Babak Jahromi M.D., surgical director, URMC Stroke and Cerebrovascular Center, departments of neurosurgery, neurology and imaging sciences, the University of Rochester.
- Krishnakumar Rajamani M.D., chief of endocrinology at Unity Health System and head of the Unity Diabetes Center.
- Jane Salamone M.D., associate chief of medicine, Rochester General Hospital, and medical director, Rochester General Medical Group.
- Daniel Katz, CEO, Jewish Senior Life.
- Scott Schabel M.D., senior medical director for facility-based long-term care, Rochester General Health System.
- Chantel Truax, elder advocate, St. John’s Meadows and Brickstone.
- Marco Altieri, CEO, Angels in Your Home.
- Sharon Marble, executive vice president for program operations and organizational development, CDS Monarch Inc.
- Family Dental Center, CP Rochester.
- Lorraine Clarke, volunteer, Rochester General Health System.
- Thomas Richards, board member, University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Paul Speranza Jr., chairman, health care planning team, Rochester Business Alliance Inc., and chairman, High Blood Pressure Collaborative, Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency.
Co-sponsors of the event are Advantage Federal Credit Union, KeyBank, MVP Health Care, Simon School of Business master’s program in medical management, Bulb Direct and Time Warner Cable Business Class.
(c) 2014 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.