Five area financial executives were honored Tuesday at the annual Financial Executive of the Year Award luncheon, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year.
The awards luncheon, co-presented by the Rochester Business Journal and the local chapter of Financial Executives International, was held at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.
Warren Hern, president and CEO of Unity Health System, delivered the keynote address to a crowd of nearly 450. Hern was chief financial officer of Unity Health System before assuming the top post in 2010.
Susan Gurak, chief financial officer of Monroe Community College Foundation, was the award recipient in the small organization category.
Thomas Johnson, executive vice president and CFO of Conifer Realty LLC, received the award for medium organizations.
In the large organization category, James Stenger, Lewis Tree Service Inc.’s senior vice president, CFO, secretary and treasurer, was honored.
In addition, Efrain Rivera, senior vice president, CFO and treasurer of Paychex Inc., was the public company honoree. And Raymond Steinmetz Jr., senior vice president, CFO and corporate secretary of Upstate National Bank, was honored as turnaround specialist.
Other finalists were:
- Jay Baker, chief financial officer, iCardiac Technologies Inc.; and
- Leonard DiSalvo, CFO, JML Optical Industries LLC
- Tracy Petrichick, vice president of financial and business operations, Arc of Monroe County; and
- Gita Ramachandran, CFO, ACM Medical Laboratory Inc.
- Paul Perrotto, CFO and strategic development officer, Hillside Family of Agencies;
- Jack Whittier, CFO and corporate treasurer, the Palmer Family of Cos. Inc.
FEI is the leading advocate for the views of corporate financial management. Its 15,000 members hold policymaking positions as CFOs, treasurers and controllers at companies in every major industry. Members participate in the activities of 86 chapters, 74 in the United States, 11 in Canada and one in Japan.
(c) 2014 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.