1. Kitty Van Bortel
2. Karma Culture LLC
3. API Technologies Corp.
4. Rolla Huff
5. John Kavazanjian
7. Gordon Black, founder and former CEO of Harris Interactive Inc.
9. M&T Bank Corp. chairman and CEO Robert Wilmers
10. 13.5 percentage points
11. $68.8 million
12. Gov. Andrew Cuomo, speaking in Rochester on New York's economic assets
13. Partners + Napier
14. Former Rochester mayor William Johnson Jr., who finished second to Thomas Richards in the mayoral special election
15. The 100 best small companies in America
16. Trader Joe's
17. Rochester Mayor Thomas Richards
18. Upstate National Bank
19. Allens Inc.
20. ITT Exelis Inc.
21. Zero. The Rochester Top 100 is limited to private firms.
22. First Niagara Financial Group Inc.
23. Windstream Corp. president and CEO Jeffery Gardner
24. Harris Corp. RF Communications
25. Arunas Chesonis, former Paetec Holding Corp. CEO and new chief executive of Sweetwater Energy Inc.
12/30/11 (c) 2011 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or e-mail email@example.com.