Fifteen women will vie for the 2013 Athena Award.
These finalists have been chosen by the Women’s Council of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc.
The Athena Award recognizes women who best reflect the values of business achievement and community service. These women also support others in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
The recipient is to be announced at a luncheon Jan. 24 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
Last January, Judith Ford Baumhauer M.D. received the 2012 Athena Award. She was honored as the associate chairwoman of academic affairs for the University Rochester Medical Center Department of Orthopaedics and longtime leader of URMC’s ankle division within orthopedics.
The 2013 finalists come from varied backgrounds, including health care, law, education, non-profit and business sectors.
- Rachel Baker August, executive director, Seneca Park Zoo Society
- Dianne Cooney Miner, founding dean, Wegmans School of Nursing, St. John Fisher College
- Jane Glazer, founder, president and CEO, QCI Direct
- Roberta Goheen, president and CEO, Synthesis Management Group
- Anne Kress, president, Monroe Community College
- Dolores Kruchten, president, document imaging, Eastman Kodak Co.
- Elizabeth Lattimore, child administrative officer, Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Debra Martin, assistant attorney general in charge, New York State Office of the Attorney General
- Suzanne Nasipak-Chapman, market executive and regional director, First Niagara Financial Group
- Kathy Palokoff, president and CEO, Customericity
- Kimberly Puglia, director, Excellus Inc.
- Susan Roberts, executive vice president and chief compliance officer, Bausch & Lomb Inc.
- Ginny Ryan, news anchor/reporter. WHAM TV-13
- Christine Wagner, executive director, St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- Laurie Zaucha, vice president, human resources and organizational development, Paychex Inc.
(c) 2012 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.