- Next Xerox CEO highlights key role of Rochester-area operations
On his first business trip since being named the next CEO of Xerox Corp., Jeff Jacobson visited Monroe County to meet with employees and customers and to underscore the importance of local operations to the company.
- Constellation Brands tops expectations for Q1 profit, revenues
Constellation Brands Inc. reported double-digit percentage increases in its first-quarter sales and profit Thursday, driven by growth in its beer business.
- Paychex posts 11% rise in Q4 profit; nears $3B in '16 revenues
Paychex Inc. now is a $3 billion company—almost. The company’s total revenue reached $2.95 billion in fiscal year 2016, or $3 billion rounded.
- City nixes Port of Rochester project
Mayor Lovely Warren Thursday pulled the plug on the proposed hotel and condominium development at the Port of Rochester in Charlotte. The mayor said developer Edgewater Resources had failed to meet a June 30 deadline to submit detailed financing for the project.
- Kodak assets, Alibaba investment behind new e-commerce firm
Eastman Kodak Co. announced Thursday that a new e-commerce company, eApeiron Partners LLC, has launched, created chiefly from some Kodak assets along with an investment from China-based Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Trustee Keegan commits $1.5M to create professorship in pricing
The University of Rochester’s largest fundraising campaign in history has reached another milestone, officials announced Wednesday.
- Gas prices at lowest in more than decade
Prices at the pump heading into the Independence Day weekend are at 11-year lows for this time of year, while road trips and the accidents that accompany them are up.
- Sentry Safe approaching last day of operations here
The owner of the homegrown firm SentrySafe is making the final arrangements to move the local operation out-of-state.
Readers give Clinton edge over Trump|
If the 2016 presidential election were held today, Democrat Hillary Clinton would be the top vote-getter among RBJ Daily Report readers.
A very small step|
In the last days of the legislative session, few thought leaders would take action on ethics reform, yet they did.
The elusive digital news business model|
Belief in the digital future remains nearly universal in the newspaper industry today.
More From RBJ
- It didn't take long for tennis star Serena Williams to make an impression on her hitting partner, Brad Thyroff.Check out this week's Seen page. You might see someone you know.
- Just like the U.K., we're better off in the world than outside it.Hattie Bryant hosts Small Business School. Daily videos educate you on small business operations.
- See the best bets for things to do this week in Rochester. Plus, the complete Explore listings.Rick Woodson - 1940-2013. Learn about the life and career of RBJ's longtime, award-winning columnist.
- Boston police captain's son indicted on new charges in alleged bomb plot (6/30/2016 2:40:38 PM)
- Canadian teen golf star Henderson grabs LPGA lead (6/30/2016 2:39:26 PM)
- US man killed by grizzly while biking in Montana (6/30/2016 2:28:57 PM)
- Trump talks trade at shuttered NH factory (6/30/2016 2:25:13 PM)
- Shootout win sees Ronaldo's Portugal into Euro 2016 semi-finals (6/30/2016 2:08:13 PM)
Get the most up-to-date data on the Rochester business community from the RBJ List Center. Download and purchase RBJ Lists and the complete Book of Lists in Excel format.
Learn More >