- Iron Smoke touts medals at recent competitions
Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, now known as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won silver medals at the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition and the recent New York Wine & Food Classic held by the RDP Management and the New York Wine & Grape Foundation.
- $1 million state fund to benefit farmers
Farmers across New York are in line to receive grants from a $1 million fund announced Friday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
- Number of state's farm cideries triples in two years in state
The number of farm cideries in New York State has tripled in two years, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Seneca Foods posts net loss in Q1, stock declines
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a first-quarter net loss despite an increase in sales. It reported a net loss of $100,000, or a penny a diluted share, versus net income of $300,000, or 29 cents a diluted share, for the same period the year prior.
- Wegmans to offer invasive Florida Lionfish in six states
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. now is offering Florida Lionfish in stores in six states, officials announced Thursday.
- State expands credit to wine, spirits and cider industries
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday the Beer Production Credit—now known as the Alcohol Production Credit—has been expanded to include the state’s wine, spirits and cider industries.
- Wine educators group coming to the Finger Lakes region
The Society of Wine Educators brings one of its signature mini conferences to the Finger Lakes region on Thursday and Friday, Visit Rochester leaders have announced.
- New loan program to benefit region's agricultural industry
The Genesee County Economic Development Center, in conjunction with Empire State Development Corp., has created a revolving loan program to assist the agricultural industry in the Finger Lakes region.
- Growing organics? FSA programs can help
The strength of the rural economy rests upon growing, making and creating products that people want to eat, buy and use.
- Two area food companies form partnership
Two local businesses have joined forces to give restaurants and other companies a better way to purchase local, sustainable meats sourced directly from local farms.
- New York Wine & Grape Foundation selects its next leader
The New York Wine & Grape Foundation based in Canandaigua will have a new leader starting Jan. 1.
- Farm breweries on the rise, including in Monroe County
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday announced that 43 farm breweries have started in New York since November 2014.
- Environmental Services Providers
- Landmark Society identifies five sites for revitalization
The Landmark Society of Western New York Inc. has released its 2015 Five to Revive—a list of historic sites it has identified as opportunities for targeted, strategic revitalization.
- Plenty of space for expansion
- Cidery takes root at century-old apple farm
- Entrepreneur raises latest business on farm
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for $18M beet-processing facility
The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency approved Tuesday tax incentives for an $18 million project that is expected to create 89 jobs over the next three years.
- The adventures of a winery owner
Douglas Hazlitt, co-leader of family-owned Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, is not one to spend his time behind a desk
- Cultural Attractions