Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- State to fund research on hops, malting barley
New York will provide $350,000, a portion of which will go to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park in Ontario County, to research hops and malting barley to determine which varieties work best for state agriculture.
- Casa Larga expands tour offerings
Casa Larga Vineyards Inc. is expanding its winery tour program to include tours conducted in American Sign Language and Spanish.
- Schumer touts cider plan in Wayne County
Sen. Charles Schumer on Wednesday unveiled a plan to allow the sale of hard cider at a fruit farm in Williamson.
Information was provided by individual wineries that responded to an email or fax survey. The survey area was the Finger Lakes Region.
- Seneca Foods repurchases shares
Seneca Foods Corp. has repurchased shares in a private transaction totaling roughly $25 million, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- NY, Finger Lakes farms among leading producers
New York continues to be a leading agricultural state, with 36,300 farms producing $4.7 billion in products annually, a report from the state Comptroller’s Office shows.
- Wegmans tills organic surge
- Seneca Foods appoints new CFO
Seneca Foods Corp. has named a new chief financial officer and treasurer, effective June 11.
- Firm's technology used to grow food indoors
- Seneca Foods, Allens terminate negotiations on planned merger
Seneca Foods Corp. and Allens Inc. Friday morning said their merger negotiations have been terminated.
- Allens to become Seneca Foods unit in pending merger
- Leader is nuts about the job and the product
- Finger Lakes' beauty reaps big benefits for wineries
- Fast Start: Rochester's farmers markets
- Bumper crop proves a bummer for Seneca Foods
- Partnership puts millions of worms to work
- Sales fall, profit shrinks at Seneca Foods
A drop in selling prices coupled with higher inventory levels contributed to a decrease in fourth-quarter sales and a net loss for Seneca Foods Corp.
- Genesee Land Trust protects 627 acres in Sodus
Genesee Land Trust now is protecting 627 acres of prime farm land in Sodus, Wayne County, and tributaries of Sodus Bay, the Rochester-based non-profit said Monday.
- State Farm Bureau re-elects Elba man as president
Dean Norton, a dairy farmer and agricultural consultant from Elba, Genesee County, was re-elected as president of the New York Farm Bureau during the organization’s annual meeting in Long Island, the agency announced Wednesday.