- Cultural Attractions
- Wegmans bakery team among presenters at organic meeting
The New York Certified Organic meeting is next month in Geneva.
- National Grid helps fund Intergrow expansion
National Grid PLC is providing economic development and energy efficiency grants to support a $15.2 million project at Intergrow Greenhouses Inc. in Orleans County.
- State ranks in top 3 for apple, grape production
New York State is the second-highest producer of apples and the third-highest producer of grapes in the nation, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday.
Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- State to fund research on hops, malting barley
New York will provide $350,000, a portion of which will go to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park in Ontario County, to research hops and malting barley to determine which varieties work best for state agriculture.
- Casa Larga expands tour offerings
Casa Larga Vineyards Inc. is expanding its winery tour program to include tours conducted in American Sign Language and Spanish.
- Schumer touts cider plan in Wayne County
Sen. Charles Schumer on Wednesday unveiled a plan to allow the sale of hard cider at a fruit farm in Williamson.
Information was provided by individual wineries that responded to an email or fax survey. The survey area was the Finger Lakes Region.
- Seneca Foods repurchases shares
Seneca Foods Corp. has repurchased shares in a private transaction totaling roughly $25 million, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- NY, Finger Lakes farms among leading producers
New York continues to be a leading agricultural state, with 36,300 farms producing $4.7 billion in products annually, a report from the state Comptroller’s Office shows.
- Wegmans tills organic surge
- Seneca Foods appoints new CFO
Seneca Foods Corp. has named a new chief financial officer and treasurer, effective June 11.
- Firm's technology used to grow food indoors
- Seneca Foods, Allens terminate negotiations on planned merger
Seneca Foods Corp. and Allens Inc. Friday morning said their merger negotiations have been terminated.
- Allens to become Seneca Foods unit in pending merger
- Leader is nuts about the job and the product
- Finger Lakes' beauty reaps big benefits for wineries
- Fast Start: Rochester's farmers markets
- Bumper crop proves a bummer for Seneca Foods