- Environmental Services Providers
- Landmark Society identifies five sites for revitalization
The Landmark Society of Western New York Inc. has released its 2015 Five to Revive—a list of historic sites it has identified as opportunities for targeted, strategic revitalization.
- Plenty of space for expansion
- Cidery takes root at century-old apple farm
- Entrepreneur raises latest business on farm
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for $18M beet-processing facility
The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency approved Tuesday tax incentives for an $18 million project that is expected to create 89 jobs over the next three years.
- The adventures of a winery owner
Douglas Hazlitt, co-leader of family-owned Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, is not one to spend his time behind a desk
- Cultural Attractions
- Wegmans bakery team among presenters at organic meeting
The New York Certified Organic meeting is next month in Geneva.
- National Grid helps fund Intergrow expansion
National Grid PLC is providing economic development and energy efficiency grants to support a $15.2 million project at Intergrow Greenhouses Inc. in Orleans County.
- State ranks in top 3 for apple, grape production
New York State is the second-highest producer of apples and the third-highest producer of grapes in the nation, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday.
Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- State to fund research on hops, malting barley
New York will provide $350,000, a portion of which will go to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park in Ontario County, to research hops and malting barley to determine which varieties work best for state agriculture.
- Casa Larga expands tour offerings
Casa Larga Vineyards Inc. is expanding its winery tour program to include tours conducted in American Sign Language and Spanish.
- Schumer touts cider plan in Wayne County
Sen. Charles Schumer on Wednesday unveiled a plan to allow the sale of hard cider at a fruit farm in Williamson.
Information was provided by individual wineries that responded to an email or fax survey. The survey area was the Finger Lakes Region.
- Seneca Foods repurchases shares
Seneca Foods Corp. has repurchased shares in a private transaction totaling roughly $25 million, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- NY, Finger Lakes farms among leading producers
New York continues to be a leading agricultural state, with 36,300 farms producing $4.7 billion in products annually, a report from the state Comptroller’s Office shows.
- Wegmans tills organic surge
- Seneca Foods appoints new CFO
Seneca Foods Corp. has named a new chief financial officer and treasurer, effective June 11.