Banking & Finance News
- Former First Niagara CEO joins golf ball firm
It could be the punchline for a joke: a former banker lands a dream job involving golf. But here is one time the dream came true. John Koelmel, the former president and CEO of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. has a new career as president of OnCore Golf Inc., which produces innovative and high-performing golf balls.
- Impact Capital to start reviewing investment opportunities
A new Upstate New York investment fund started by a group of regional business executives last year announced plans Tuesday to begin reviewing investment opportunities immediately.
- Cobblestone eyes launch of third fund in spring
- Manning & Napier sees Q4 decline in economic net income
Manning & Napier Inc. reported fourth-quarter economic net income of $12.8 million, or 16 cents per adjusted share, compared with $16.4 million, or 20 cents an adjusted share, a year ago.
- Rochester among best cities for balance transfers
Rochester ranks among the best cities for credit card balance transfers, a new report from SmartAsset shows.
- Home Mortgage Lenders
- Banker joins business development agency
A commercial banker formerly with the Genesee Regional Bank is joining the New York Business Development Corp. as vice president.
- Fed faces difficult call on level of rates
- 2016 shows folly of pundit predictions
- Fresh ideas help banks attract customers into branches
- Finally, bankers foresee return to normal interest rates
- FSB reports Q4 net income of $499K
Net income at FSB Bancorp Inc., the holding company of Fairport Savings Bank, rose to $499,000 in the fourth quarter, up from $134,000 in the same period last year.
- Tompkins Financial reports jump in Q4 profit
Tompkins Financial Corp. reported a 7.6 percent increase in earnings per share in the fourth quarter.
- Kiva Rochester receives 'key market' designation
An international micro-lending platform is recognizing the city of Rochester as a key market after the local Kiva Rochester program facilitated more than $100,000 in crowd-funded microloans to local entrepreneurs.
- Credit union gets OK to expand into Ontario County
The state Department of Financial Services has given CFCU Community Credit Union authority to expand into Ontario, Seneca and Cayuga counties.
- Financial Institutions' net income up in Q4
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income available to common shareholders of $8.3 million in the fourth quarter, up from $6.3 million a year ago.
- Merger, acquisition drive jump in Northwest profit
Northwest Bancshares Inc., the parent company of Northwest Bank, announced a fourth-quarter net income of $24.5 million, an increase of $8.3 million compared a year earlier.
- Edward Shill takes the lead at investment firm
- Tax & Investment Group joins
with SagePoint Financial
Tax & Investment Group, based in Greece and founded by Kenneth Harzynski, has joined with SagePoint Financial Inc.
- Nocon receives 31st Athena Award
Nannette Nocon, private wealth adviser for Nocon & Associates, Ameriprise Financial Services Inc., received the 2017 Athena Award at a luncheon Thursday. Melisza Campos was the Athena Young Professional Award recipient.