Banking & Finance News
- Area financial executives honored at annual event
Five financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors were winners Thursday at the 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award event.
- 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award
Fifteen financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors have been selected as finalists for the 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year. In addition, Lifetime Achievement and Rising Star award recipients have been named.
- Nominees for financial executive awards
- Bonadio Group names leader of its tax practice
The Bonadio Group has a new tax practice leader to replace the retiring Jeffrey Corey. The accounting and financial services firm announced Tuesday Thomas Bruckel would take over the position and also will be serving as a team leader for the firm’s tax team in Rochester.
- Alesco Advisors expands to the West Coast
- Region to get exclusive visit from investors
- Money Managers
- New horizons for virtual lawyering and accounting
- KeyCorp, First Niagara agree to sell 18 Buffalo-area branches
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group Inc. have agreed to sell 18 of First Niagara’s branches around Buffalo, with close to $1.7 billion in deposits, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.
- Financial Institutions posts Q1 profit of $7.6 million
Financial Institutions Inc. has reached a record in net interest income, reporting a total of $24.7 million in its fiscal first quarter ended March 31.
- Tompkins Financial posts record Q1 income
Tompkins Financial Corp. set a record for net income in the first quarter, posting $14.2 million.
- Revealing an investor's true inclinations takes time
- Manning & Napier CEO resigns; cites personal reasons
Patrick Cunningham has resigned from his position as CEO of Manning & Napier Inc. Chairman and co-founder William Manning will replace him, documents filed with the SEC show.
- M&T sees Q1 impact from Hudson City acquisition
Shares of M&T Bank Corp. stock climbed nearly 2 percent Tuesday and is up nearly 3 percent since it beat analysts’ earnings estimates for its first quarter. The quarter was a period in which bank officials said they were pushed by growth across a number of measures.
- Five Star Bank sets its sights on downtown
- Venture fund is launched
- Bonadio awarded local honor as entrepreneur
- Goldman Sachs agrees to pay $5 billion in settlement
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has agreed to pay $5 billion to settle claims that its practices helped fuel the U.S. economy’s 2008 meltdown, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Monday.
- Prepare now for coming changes in lease accounting rules
- Five Star Bank to move regional offices downtown, create jobs
Five Star Bank is moving its regional administrative center to downtown Rochester, bringing roughly 150 employees from its former home in Pittsford and creating an additional 20 to 30 jobs.