Banking & Finance News
- Five receive 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award
More than 500 people gathered Thursday to honor five recipients and their fellow finalists of the Financial Executive of the Year Award.
- UR CFO Paprocki to retire in 2016
University of Rochester stalwart Ronald Paprocki will retire after 45 years of service, President Joel Seligman said Wednesday.
- Winners announced in UR business plan competition
Teams of student entrepreneurs from the University of Rochester took top prizes for their ideas in the ninth annual Mark Ain Business Model Competition, UR announced Friday.
- Webster native selected for elite post at FASB
Webster native Joshua Seward has been selected for a prestigious postgraduate assistantship with the Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- State taps Excell Partners to manage new $2M fund
A Rochester-based venture capital firm has been tapped to manage a new $2 million investment fund launched by the state to provide seed funding to certified minority- and women-owned business enterprises.
- Money Managers
- MassMutual Rochester boosts staff by 44%
- Accounting tools augment services, draw more customers
- Scrutiny, awareness raise the stakes for employers
- Interest rate concerns can be managed with hedging
- Wage growth in Rochester has started to accelerate
- Projects boosted by bank: First Niagara provides some $28M in financing
- N.Y. income tax makes up more than half of state taxes
- CNB's Roberts receives 2015 tech woman honor
Digital Rochester Inc.’s 2015 Technology Woman of the year is Sandra Roberts, senior vice president and chief information officer of Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Co.
- Five Star parent reports dip in net income in Q1
Financial Institutions Inc. on Wednesday reported a drop in net income for the 2015 fiscal first quarter, though company officials remain confident in the bank’s long-term strategy for revenue growth and diversification.
- Q1 net income grows at parent of Northwest Savings Bank
Northwest Bancshares Inc., parent of Northwest Savings Bank in the Rochester market, grew its net income by nearly 11 percent in the first quarter. The growth, bank officials said, came through strong loan growth and improvement in asset quality.
- M&T, Hudson City extend deadline for merger
M&T Bank Corp. could be taking a bit longer to move forward on a planned merger with New Jersey-based Hudson City Bancorp Inc.
- Five Star Bank adds funding for its growth
Five Star Bank has plans to expand and expects to have the capital to take advantage of growth opportunities.
- Firm's investment makes impact on growth
- Fifteen finalists are selected for annual award
Fifteen financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors have been selected as finalists for the 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year.