Banking & Finance News
- CNB parent reports 29% rise in net income
Canandaigua National Corp. reported a 29 percent increase in third-quarter net income attributable to shareholders in what it expects to be its last public filing.
- SBA Lenders
In case of ties, lenders are ranked by numbers of loans in fisical year 2013.
Ranked by 2013 total dollar value of local deposits.
- Women in Banking Conference coming to Rochester
The New York Bankers Association is holding its Women in Banking Conference in Rochester on Oct. 30 at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event includes area and statewide banking officials serving on panels and breakout sessions.
- First Niagara tops Street estimates in Q3
First Niagara Financial Group Inc.’s third-quarter net income jumped 41 percent, with earnings per share beating Wall Street estimates by a penny, the company reported Friday.
- CPA Firms
Infomation was provided by individual CPA Firms that responded to an email survey. Ranked by number of local CPAs.
- Bonadio to merge with Buffalo-area CPA firm
Bonadio & Co. LLP plans to merge with Buffalo-area CPA firm Gaines Kriner Elliott LLP on Nov. 1, the Perinton-based company announced Thursday.
- Credit Unions
Information was provided by individual credit unions that responded to an email or fax survey. The survey contacted federally chartared credit unions in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties that are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.
- Accounting firm partner Vincent Sirianni dies in crash
Vincent Sirianni Jr., who co-founded Daly, Sirianni and Co. CPAs LLP in 1987 before joining Davie Kaplan CPA P.C. in 2009 as a partner, died this week in a car accident in Canandaigua.
- Judge denies motion by Kodak shareholders
A U.S. Bankruptcy judge has denied an effort by Eastman Kodak Co. stockholders to have the court establish an official committee to represent the interests of equity security holders in the Chapter 11 case.
- Q2 profit declines at CNB parent
Canandaigua National Corp. reported a drop of nearly 9 percent in second-quarter net income, with diluted earnings per share down 21 cents.
- Manning & Napier hits Street expectations
- Market has little reaction to Financial Institutions' Q2
Shares of the parent of Five Star Bank were little changed Thursday, after the company posted a 3 percent increase in net income for the second quarter, beating analysts’ estimates by a penny.
- First Niagara swings to profit in second quarter
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. on Friday reported second-quarter net income of $63.6 million attributable to shareholders, reversing its net loss from a year ago, which stemmed from costs related to its acquisition of HSBC Bank USA N.A. branches.
- M&T Bank profit surges 53%
M&T Bank Corp. on Wednesday reported a 53 percent jump in profits for the second quarter.
- CNB's parent files to take company private
- Coast Professional to add 103 jobs; COMIDA OKs tax breaks
Coast Professional Inc. plans to lease space in Henrietta and add 103 full-time workers, officials said Tuesday.
- Carriero retiring amid bank moves
- Credit union cuts ribbon on Joseph Ave. branch
Lexington Avenue Federal Credit Union officially opened its Joseph Avenue branch Wednesday.
- N.Y. attorney general sues HSBC Bank
HSBC Bank USA is clogging New York courts with stalled foreclosure cases and leaving thousands of the state’s homeowners in legal limbo, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman charges in a lawsuit.