Banking & Finance News
- Bank revs up effort in region
- Citigroup unit to refund $4.5 million to clients
As part of an investigation of improper fees charged by Citigroup’s Citigroup Global Markets Inc. unit, the subsidiary has agreed to refund $4.5 million to more than 15,000 clients, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Successful companies show appreciation with 401(k) match
- Five Star Bank reveals plans for first Brighton location
Five Star Bank has announced plans for its first branch in Brighton, a location in the Twelve Corners Plaza scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2016.
- Online retailers provide model for tech upgrades
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. wants its technology upgrades to look more like Amazon.com and less like a bank.
- UR Medical Faculty Group taps financial expert
The University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group has named Daniel Cavallo as its senior financial director, officials announced Tuesday.
- First Niagara tops expectations for Q2 earnings
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. reported net income of $53.5 million for the second quarter, down more than 20 percent from a year ago, but topping expectations.
- Are you sure your adviser acts in your best interest?
- Five Star Bank parent posts smaller Q2 profit
Financial Institutions Inc., the parent of Five Star Bank, reported a smaller second-quarter profit compared with a year ago.
- Bonadio expands into corporate security
- Bank invests in new technology
- Local banker, former Red Wings president Fred Strauss dies
Local business leader Fred Strauss died Friday morning, on his 88th birthday, family members said. He served as president of Rochester Community Baseball Inc. from 1984 to 1990.
- First Niagara hires former HSBC exec
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. has hired a former HSBC Bank executive to lead its commercial card and payments business.
- Expo aims to ramp up local climate for startups
This October a Tech Startup Expo will bring together community members to invigorate the local startup climate, officials said Monday. The one-day event is presented by ESL Federal Credit Union.
- S&P upgrades city's fiscal outlook
The city of Rochester is getting an upgrade, with Mayor Lovely Warren announcing Friday the city’s fiscal outlook from Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services has improve from stable to positive.
- Lawley targets growth in the Rochester region
- For some, slow and steady growth yields dividends
- Investing in a sales team secures necessary pipeline
- Chase to pay state $11.3 million, $6 million to customers
Chase Bank USA N.A. has agreed to put $11.3 million in New York’s coffers and pay approximately $6 million in restitution to 5,300 customers, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Venture capital firm showcases early-stage companies