Banking & Finance News
- Advantage opens branch at URMC
Advantage Federal Credit Union has opened its eighth branch in Rochester at the University of Rochester Medical Center, officials said Wednesday.
- Processing payroll is vital to your business; get it done the right way
- Five Star launches its bank of the future
- Goldman Sachs forces stock move by Valeant CEO
Goldman Sachs last week forced Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. chairman and CEO Michael Pearson to give up more than 1 million Valeant shares he had pledged as security against a loan.
- Going metro
Going metro: The Chase Tower sports a new name and plans for residential tenants to arrive in the spring.
- First look at Q3 GDP shows expansion at a tepid pace
- Banks expect opportunities from merger
- Tompkins Financial reports record Q3 results
Tompkins Financial Corp. reported its best third quarter in company history, with diluted earnings increasing 4.4 percent to 96 cents a share and net income increasing 5.6 percent to $14.5 million.
- KeyCorp to acquire First Niagara in $4.1 billion deal
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group announced Friday morning that they have reached a definitive agreement for KeyCorp to acquire First Niagara in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at some $4.1 billion.
- Northwest Savings Bank's parent posts profit in Q3
Northwest Bancshares Inc., the holding company of Northwest Savings Bank, reported a profit in its third quarter.
- ESL CEO Fiedler to retire; Masood named successor
Faheem Masood has been named CEO David Fiedler’s successor at ESL Federal Credit Union, officials said Monday. Fiedler, who has been at the helm since March 2003, will retire from the post March 1, 2016.
- First Niagara meets expectations for Q3 net income
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. on Friday reported net income available to common shareholders of $52.9 million, or 15 cents a diluted share, in the third quarter. Earnings matched analyst expectations.
- SBA Lenders
- New No.1 in SBA lending
- UR names Holly Crawford as CFO
The woman who has worked alongside Ronald Paprocki for eight years at the University of Rochester has been selected to succeed him in the chief financial officer role when he retires in January. Holly Crawford has been named UR’s senior vice president for administration and finance, CFO and treasurer.
- M&T shares fall after bank misses Street expectations
M&T Bank Corp. increased its earnings but failed to meet analyst expectations for the third quarter. On Monday, the Buffalo-based bank reported diluted earnings per share of $1.93, up from $1.91 a year ago.
- Public Companies
- Rookie managers channel confidence, readiness to adapt
- Consider bank-based solutions to employee retention