Banking & Finance News
- Credit union issues fundraiser debit card
Advantage Federal Credit Union is offering a new debit card that will help raise funds for Friends of Strong.
- M&T survey indicates economic optimism
A survey of middle market managers and commercial real estate investors by M&T Bank suggests widespread optimism on the U.S. economy just before President Donald Trump took office.
- Pittsford among top areas at money management
Pittsford ranks among the top 20 cities nationwide for its ability to manage money, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- New law on cybersecurity affects banks
The state Department of Financial Services’ new cybersecurity regulations that took effect starting Wednesday are touted as a protective shield for consumer data.
- Fed bides its time as inflation remains below target
In a recent report to both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives, Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen gave a detailed view of the U.S. economy and monetary policy actions.
- Hedging a tool for firms facing currency flux
Doing business internationally comes with a variety of benefits and challenges—not least the risk that currency values will shift in the time between inking a contract and payment.
- Tower once a hub of corporate, legal bustle
Newly reimagined as a mixed-use blend of luxury apartments, high-end offices and retail space, the Metropolitan has been for most of its life home to banks, law firms and corporations.
- Report finds optimism grows among middle-market executives
Middle-market executives are twice as optimistic about the U.S. economy as they were last year, according to a new report from JPMorgan Chase & Co. that surveyed small and midsize businesses just before President Donald Trump took office.
- First American lauded for company culture
First American Equipment Finance in Perinton was recognized for its company culture, ranking 14th among large business on a list developed by Entrepreneur magazine.
- Former First Niagara Financial Group CEO tees it up
- Former First Niagara CEO joins golf ball firm
It could be the punchline for a joke: a former banker lands a dream job involving golf. But here is one time the dream came true. John Koelmel, the former president and CEO of First Niagara Financial Group Inc. has a new career as president of OnCore Golf Inc., which produces innovative and high-performing golf balls.
- Impact Capital to start reviewing investment opportunities
A new Upstate New York investment fund started by a group of regional business executives last year announced plans Tuesday to begin reviewing investment opportunities immediately.
- Cobblestone eyes launch of third fund in spring
- Manning & Napier sees Q4 decline in economic net income
Manning & Napier Inc. reported fourth-quarter economic net income of $12.8 million, or 16 cents per adjusted share, compared with $16.4 million, or 20 cents an adjusted share, a year ago.
- Rochester among best cities for balance transfers
Rochester ranks among the best cities for credit card balance transfers, a new report from SmartAsset shows.
- Home Mortgage Lenders
- Banker joins business development agency
A commercial banker formerly with the Genesee Regional Bank is joining the New York Business Development Corp. as vice president.
- Fed faces difficult call on level of rates
- 2016 shows folly of pundit predictions