Banking & Finance News
- UR Medical Faculty Group taps financial expert
The University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group has named Daniel Cavallo as its senior financial director, officials announced Tuesday.
- First Niagara tops expectations for Q2 earnings
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. reported net income of $53.5 million for the second quarter, down more than 20 percent from a year ago, but topping expectations.
- Are you sure your adviser acts in your best interest?
- Five Star Bank parent posts smaller Q2 profit
Financial Institutions Inc., the parent of Five Star Bank, reported a smaller second-quarter profit compared with a year ago.
- Bonadio expands into corporate security
- Bank invests in new technology
- Local banker, former Red Wings president Fred Strauss dies
Local business leader Fred Strauss died Friday morning, on his 88th birthday, family members said. He served as president of Rochester Community Baseball Inc. from 1984 to 1990.
- First Niagara hires former HSBC exec
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. has hired a former HSBC Bank executive to lead its commercial card and payments business.
- Expo aims to ramp up local climate for startups
This October a Tech Startup Expo will bring together community members to invigorate the local startup climate, officials said Monday. The one-day event is presented by ESL Federal Credit Union.
- S&P upgrades city's fiscal outlook
The city of Rochester is getting an upgrade, with Mayor Lovely Warren announcing Friday the city’s fiscal outlook from Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services has improve from stable to positive.
- Lawley targets growth in the Rochester region
- For some, slow and steady growth yields dividends
- Investing in a sales team secures necessary pipeline
- Chase to pay state $11.3 million, $6 million to customers
Chase Bank USA N.A. has agreed to put $11.3 million in New York’s coffers and pay approximately $6 million in restitution to 5,300 customers, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Venture capital firm showcases early-stage companies
- Gaining currency
- Seil leaves post with county to join Five Star
- Two area firms recognized as best workplaces for millennials
Two local companies have earned praise as great places to work for millennials.
- Fast Start: Chase Tower tour
- New partnership key to Horizon growth