Banking & Finance News
- Outlook on area economy is mixed
Recent data have sent mixed signals about the Rochester-area economy, and respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll reflect the outlook.
- Brighton Securities expands headquarters
Brighton Securities has expanded its offices, adding three new conference rooms, a larger reception and waiting area, eight new offices and a dedicated wing for tax services.
- Five Star Bank parent reports rise in net income
Financial Institutions Inc. reported net income available to common shareholders of $8.1 million in the third quarter, up from $7.95 million a year ago.
- 'Shark Tank' star to speak at SMP event
SMP Corp.’s 5th annual Oktoberfest will feature Robert Herjavec of ABC’s “Shark Tank.” Herjavec is an author and founder and CEO of the Herjavec Group, officials said.
- Comparing index mutual funds and active managers
- Financial startup enters the Rochester market
- Impact investing takes root upstate
- Trade publication honors area retirement advisers
Financial Times has named a trio of area advisers to its annual Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors list, which lauds the top retirement advisers in the nation.
- CPA Firms
- M&T still top bank in share
- Financial aid strategies evolve with growing need
- Brokerage Firms
- Schumer: IRS contracts to add 600 jobs at ConServe, Pioneer
Two upstate companies, Perinton-based ConServe and Wyoming County-based Pioneer Credit Recovery Inc., have been awarded federal contracts to serve as private contractors helping the Internal Revenue Service collect unpaid taxes, Sen. Charles Schumer said Monday. The contracts are expected to bring 600 jobs across the two firms.
- An IP audit can help uncover potential problems
- Avoiding conflicts of interest requires diligence
- Accounting software can benefit small businesses
- Northwest expands WNY footprint
Northwest Bank has expanded its footprint in Western New York with the acquisition of 18 offices and one drive-thru facility from First Niagara Bank.
- Financing new equipment at end of year even smarter in 2016
- Credit Unions
- Bank chief is up for the challenge