Banking & Finance News
- Email a common starting point for online fraud, identity theft
- Proxy battle at Financial Institutions fails
- Excell Partners leads seed financing for Traverse Biosciences
Excell Partners was a leader in providing $500,000 in convertible debt financing to support operations and advance product development efforts for Traverse Biosciences, officials announced Wednesday.
- Shareholders 'overwhelmingly' elect Financial Institutions' slate
Financial Institutions Inc. has held off the board bid by a Dallas-based investment firm that expressed intention to explore a sale to a larger bank.
- Proxy fight on tap for annual meeting
- Manufacturing decline takes toll on middle class locally
- New headquarters reflect growth at Genesee Regional
- Going the extra mile in the post-merger transition
- Much to consider when looking for startup funding
- Area financial executives honored at annual event
Five financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors were winners Thursday at the 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award event.
- 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award
Fifteen financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors have been selected as finalists for the 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year. In addition, Lifetime Achievement and Rising Star award recipients have been named.
- Nominees for financial executive awards
- Bonadio Group names leader of its tax practice
The Bonadio Group has a new tax practice leader to replace the retiring Jeffrey Corey. The accounting and financial services firm announced Tuesday Thomas Bruckel would take over the position and also will be serving as a team leader for the firm’s tax team in Rochester.
- Alesco Advisors expands to the West Coast
- Region to get exclusive visit from investors
- Money Managers
- New horizons for virtual lawyering and accounting
- KeyCorp, First Niagara agree to sell 18 Buffalo-area branches
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group Inc. have agreed to sell 18 of First Niagara’s branches around Buffalo, with close to $1.7 billion in deposits, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.
- Financial Institutions posts Q1 profit of $7.6 million
Financial Institutions Inc. has reached a record in net interest income, reporting a total of $24.7 million in its fiscal first quarter ended March 31.
- Tompkins Financial posts record Q1 income
Tompkins Financial Corp. set a record for net income in the first quarter, posting $14.2 million.