Banking & Finance News
- KeyCorp, First Niagara agree to sell 18 Buffalo-area branches
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group Inc. have agreed to sell 18 of First Niagara’s branches around Buffalo, with close to $1.7 billion in deposits, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.
- Financial Institutions posts Q1 profit of $7.6 million
Financial Institutions Inc. has reached a record in net interest income, reporting a total of $24.7 million in its fiscal first quarter ended March 31.
- Tompkins Financial posts record Q1 income
Tompkins Financial Corp. set a record for net income in the first quarter, posting $14.2 million.
- Manning & Napier CEO resigns; cites personal reasons
Patrick Cunningham has resigned from his position as CEO of Manning & Napier Inc. Chairman and co-founder William Manning will replace him, documents filed with the SEC show.
- M&T sees Q1 impact from Hudson City acquisition
Shares of M&T Bank Corp. stock climbed nearly 2 percent Tuesday and is up nearly 3 percent since it beat analysts’ earnings estimates for its first quarter. The quarter was a period in which bank officials said they were pushed by growth across a number of measures.
- Five Star Bank sets its sights on downtown
- Venture fund is launched
- Bonadio awarded local honor as entrepreneur
- Goldman Sachs agrees to pay $5 billion in settlement
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has agreed to pay $5 billion to settle claims that its practices helped fuel the U.S. economy’s 2008 meltdown, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Monday.
- Prepare now for coming changes in lease accounting rules
- Five Star Bank to move regional offices downtown, create jobs
Five Star Bank is moving its regional administrative center to downtown Rochester, bringing roughly 150 employees from its former home in Pittsford and creating an additional 20 to 30 jobs.
- Bankruptcy filings climb again in March
Rochester-area bankruptcies rose for the second month in a row in March, bringing the region’s first-quarter filings into positive territory.
- Seventeen are selected for annual honors
- Reflecting on 40 years
Retiring vice chairman Paul Speranza Jr. has helped guide Wegmans
- FNFG, KeyCorp shareholders approve acquisition
First Niagara Financial Group and KeyCorp have moved one step closer to a proposed merger with each company’s shareholders voting in favor of the acquisition on Wednesday.
- Bonadio climbs two spots on list of largest U.S. accounting firms
The Bonadio Group is moving up the list of the largest accounting firms in the United States.
- State grants may strengthen our regional economy
- Bonadio Group partners get new leadership posts
The Bonadio Group announced Tuesday that Gerald Archibald, Mario Urso and Michael Parrinello will take on new leadership roles.
- Community bankers confident in lending market