Banking & Finance News
- Moody's Investors gives city high rating for borrowing
The city of Rochester has received the highest rating from Moody’s Investors Services for short-term borrowing, with the service praising the city’s strong fiscal management practices and efforts to close budget gaps and maintain reserves.
- Pa. bank to open shop here
S&T Bank has a long relationship with the Rochester area as a lender to local businesses. Now the Pennsylvania-based bank is setting up shop downtown—with a veteran of the local banking and development industry taking the lead.
- Brighton firm expands to new practice areas
- Panel, leaders optimistic for area economy
- Financial institutions court younger customer base
- Excell Partners receives $2M grant to invest in businesses
Excell Partners LLC has received $2 million to invest in pre-seed stage businesses as part of $5 million in total grants announced Thursday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to support investment firms.
- Good intentions alone are an insufficient driver
- Momentum from 2014 should help economy in new year
- Home Mortgage Lenders
- Engineering Firms
- Genesee Valley Trust board names new CEO
The Genesee Valley Trust Co.’s board of directors has voted unanimously to appoint Joy Ryen Plotnik as CEO, effective immediately.
- Bonadio Group merging with Syracuse CPA firm
The Bonadio Group is merging with Syracuse-based CPA firm Testone, Marshall & Discenza LLP, creating what company officials say will be the largest accounting and consulting organization in Central New York.
- First Niagara, PathStone distribute small-business loan funds
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. is partnering with PathStone Corp. to distribute $500,000 in small-business loan funds locally for businesses unable to receive conventional funding.
Ranked by 2014 total dollar value of local deposits.
- Generations Bank opens Ontario County site
Generations Bank has opened a branch in Ontario County featuring five interactive machines without tellers.
- CPA Firms
Ranked by number of local CPAs
- SBA Lenders
Ranked by dollar volume of 7(a) loans approved locally during the SBA'S last completed fiscal year.
- Vuzix reports switch from EFP to Freed Maxick
EFP Rotenberg LLP no longer is the accounting firm for Vuzix Corp., a filing with Securities and Exchange Commission states. On Oct. 3, Freed Maxick LLP became the independent registered public accounting firm for Vuzix.