Business Services News
- Paychex hiring to fill 200 area jobs
Paychex Inc. has openings for 200 jobs in Rochester and plans to interview pre-qualified candidates on Wednesday at a special open house.
- Private Companies, Part 1
- Private Companies, Part 2
- Fidelis Care expands Rochester presence, adds staff
Fidelis Care plans to significantly ramp up its Rochester-area presence, significantly expanding its local administrative offices, officials of the health insurer said Wednesday.
- Wegmans to use PET plastic for pasta sauce jars
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. this fall will begin bottling its Wegmans “Food You Feel Good About” pasta sauce in a jar made from lighter-weight PET plastic, the type used for water and soda bottles, officials announced Monday.
- Meineke plans to add 13 locations in Rochester area
Meineke Car Care Centers Inc. plans to open 13 new locations in the Rochester area over the next five years, the Charlotte, N.C.-based company said Monday.
- Paychex CEO Mucci sees salary edge up, total compensation dip
Paychex Inc. president and CEO Martin Mucci received total compensation of $5.8 million in 2015, down from $5.9 million in 2014, the company reported in a filing Friday.
- Be proactive with workplace violence prevention
- Website aiming to fix high price of auto repairs
- StadiumPark to launch app at California venue in September
StadiumPark—a startup firm that has created an app to simplify stadium and event parking for users—will launch at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey “Out of This World” event in September at the Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center in Bakersfield, Calif., officials said.
- Studio at peak capacity after 10 years recording hundreds of artists
- Staffing agency manager disputes claims of coup
Accused of illegally commandeering a business, the former manager of the Employment Store says the idea to separate the Rochester staffing agency from its parent company originated with the agency’s Georgia-based parent company’s Mumbai, India-based owners who induced him to start and invest $10,000 of his own money in the same company they are now trying to squelch.
- Keeping a focus on the customer
Ragni Mehta leads a roughly $1 billion organization at Xerox
- Xerox tops Q2 expectations, gives update on planned split
Shares of Xerox Corp. were up Friday afternoon after the company beat Street estimates on second-quarter earnings per share and announced updated plans on its progress toward separating into two independent publicly traded companies.
- Employee Placement Firms
- Kodak assets, Alibaba investment behind new e-commerce firm
Eastman Kodak Co. announced Thursday that a new e-commerce company, eApeiron Partners LLC, has launched, created chiefly from some Kodak assets along with an investment from China-based Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- DealerDOCX honored for inclusion, diversity
DealerDOCX has been named business partner of the year by the Rochester Rehabilitation Center Inc.’s Employment Connection in partnership with the Job Development Network of Rochester, officials said last week.
- Veterans Business Council set for meeting
The Veterans Business Council’s June meeting will include a presentation by Nena Siverd, of the Veterans Outreach Council, who will talk about the agency’s employments services, the Upstate NY Serves Project and career management software.
- Analysts see Paychex nearing $3B in revenues