- Project to boost East End
- Taylor to build new Cellular Sales store in Macedon
Cellular Sales of New York, the largest Verizon premium wireless retailer in the country, has awarded Empire Commercial Construction—a division of Taylor The Builders—the contract for a 3,000 square foot location in Macedon, officials said.
- $100 million first phase of Sibley Square project kicks off
Developers of the Sibley building, now called Sibley Square, held a groundbreaking event at the downtown site Monday. The $100 million first phase of the $200 million redevelopment project includes the construction of 96 apartments, retail, office space, senior living residences and a rehabilitation of the facade and windows.
- St. John Fisher to build $3.4 million chapel
St. John Fisher College plans to construct a new chapel. The Hermance Family Chapel of St. Basil the Great is slated to be built adjacent to Kearney Hall.
- Skepticism greets proposals
- Landscape is in flux for non-compete agreements
- Morgan sees casino as key for downtown
- Two dozen contractors on the job
- Major change for $83M
- Building on family firm's legacy
- Most readers oppose downtown casino
A new proposal has brought fresh attention to the topic of locating a casino in downtown Rochester—an idea first raised more than a decade ago. As before, the idea has both fans and foes.
- Shortage of skilled laborers has yet to be stemmed
- Construction projects can move faster with prefabs
- Sibley Building work to begin with closing on $71M of financing
The developers of the Sibley Building downtown said Tuesday afternoon they have closed on $71 million of financing that will kick off construction and redevelopment of nearly 500,000 square feet of the structure downtown.
- Electrical Contractors
- Nearly 700 attend Downtown Real Estate Revival Power Breakfast
Andrew Gallina believes innovation and creativity are key drivers of growth downtown. He made his remarks at the Downtown Real Estate Revival, part of the Rochester Business Journal's Power Breakfast series.
- $15M site set to open
- Fifth generation takes helm
Rufus Judson was named CEO of the Pike Cos. last year
- Home sales climb nearly 16% in Q1
Area home sales increased 15.9 percent in the first quarter compared with a year ago, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors Inc. reported Thursday.