- Kress replaces Seligman as co-chairman of regional council
Monroe Community College president Anne Kress has been tapped to serve as the academic co-chairman of the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council.
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship marks its opening
A new hub for urban entrepreneurial programs and research opened downtown Monday.
- House bill includes $68 million for UR laser lab
Federal funding for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics in fiscal 2017 is moving forward, with $68 million for the lab included in the House of Representatives’ House Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill.
- St. John Fisher names new provost
St. John Fisher College on Tuesday announced the appointment of a new provost.
- Technical communication conference marks 57th year
The longest-running regional conference dedicated to the advancement of technical communication opened Sunday and runs through Tuesday at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.
- Eastman associate dean accepts OSU post
- 30,000 people expected to attend 2016 Imagine RIT event
Rochester Institute of Technology has announced the dates of its festival the university expects to draw 30,000 people to campus.
- MCC, Toyota upgrade program to include more apprenticeships
Monroe Community College and Toyota Motor Corp. are overhauling their affiliation to address a shortage of highly skilled technicians.
- Finalists selected for Tiger Tank 2016
Student entrepreneurs from Rochester Institute of Technology pitch their business ideas to local investors Wednesday in Tiger Tank 2016.
- Budget agreement to boost aid to schools locally
All schools in Monroe County, including the Rochester City School District, are slated to gain their largest funding increase in over a decade as part of the final 2016-2017 state budget agreement, lawmakers said Friday.
- $6.3 million project at Mercy completed
- Trio of UR faculty receive national grants
Three University of Rochester faculty members have been awarded grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities, UR said Thursday.
- RIT exhibit showcases NBA champion Rochester Royals
An exhibit chronicling the professional basketball team from Rochester that won the NBA title in 1951 opened Tuesday in the Wallace Center at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- RIT leads $1.6 million NIH-funded study
Rochester Institute of Technology is leading a $1.6 million National Institutes of Health-funded study designed to improve a quality-of-life measure for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- RIT names dean for Golisano College
Rochester Institute of Technology has named its first female dean of the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences.
- E-learning ventures proving to be a draw for students
- Faculty have learned to embrace online courses