- Pictometry, RIT team to create drone research enclosure lab
EagleView Technology Corp.’s subsidiary Pictometry International Corp. has developed an outdoor research lab for sensor research and flight training for unmanned aerial systems at Rochester Institute of Technology, officials said.
- Area universities awarded $4 million for renovations
Four area universities will share $4 million from the Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program to be used for renovations, state Assembly Majority Leader Joseph Morelle, D-Irondequoit, announced Thursday.
- Ex-Fed leader joins UR
- $47M project to add housing for students
- Pause before jumping on the latest training trend
- Roberts Wesleyan approved for new degree programs
Roberts Wesleyan College has been approved by the state Education Department to offer three new degree programs, including one that is a first for Rochester, college leaders said Thursday.
- Report ranks Rochester 55th in U.S. for STEM jobs
Rochester ranks among the bottom half of the nation’s 100 largest metro areas for its STEM jobs, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- UR's Martin Luther King Jr. event postponed
The snowstorm expected to hit the East Coast starting Friday has caused the postponement of the University of Rochester’s Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Address planned for Saturday.
- Hike endowment spending on student aid
We do not want to support a state of affairs in which fund managers, and not students, are the principal beneficiaries of university endowments.
- RIT receives grant to assess electric control center operators
Rochester Institute of Technology officials announced Wednesday a grant to research the readiness and response improvements of operators relying on critical information from electric control systems.
- Fisher team of business students wins Deloitte competition
Five St. John Fisher College School of Business accounting students made history as the first Fisher team to win the national Deloitte FanTAXtic Competition at Deloitte University near Dallas.
- National Urban League leader to deliver MLK Jr. address at UR
Marc Morial, president of the National Urban League and former mayor of New Orleans, will deliver the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Address at the University of Rochester, officials announced Monday.
- Roberts Wesleyan updates logo, brand for 150th
Roberts Wesleyan College is marking its 150th anniversary with an updated brand and logo, leaders announced Monday.
- Business, technology are more interconnected than ever
- RIT gets classified as doctoral university
Rochester Institute of Technology has been classified as a doctoral university by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, officials announced Monday.
- UR, RPD to test emergency response procedures
The University of Rochester’s Department of Public Safety and the Rochester Police Department join forces on Tuesday to test their emergency response procedures on the campus.
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Area colleges named among best value colleges
Seven area colleges and universities have been named to the list of the country’s Top 300 Best College Values of 2016 as ranked by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
- Works by Eastman grads lauded
Several Eastman School of Music musicians have been named to the best recording lists of three national publications.
- Major mover