- Maya Angelou visit to RIT canceled
Maya Angelou’s visit to Rochester Institute of Technology has been canceled after the renowned poet and author was hospitalized.
- Graduate Degree Programs
Information was provided by individual institutions that responded to an email survey. Ranked by total enrollment.
- Nazareth launches $45M capital campaign, plans for facility
Nazareth College of Rochester on Friday announced plans for a $16.5 million Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute intended to serve as a national model for health care education.
- Sponsored research vital to schools, region
- Private Schools
Information was provided by individual private schools in Monroe County that responded to an email survey; ranked by total enrollment.
- Nazareth launches plan to reduce cost of college
Nazareth College of Rochester is unveiling a plan to reduce the cost of college by restructuring academic programs and making better use existing resources.
- RIT to hold symposium on interaction between liberal arts, business
Rochester Institute of Technology plans a symposium to discuss the role of liberal arts in business.
- RIT sets record for research funding
Rochester Institute of Technology set a record for number of researchers securing funding for 2012, with an increase of 5 percent over the previous year.
- Nazareth College earns national service award
Nazareth College of Rochester has been named a Presidential Award winner the 2013 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest honor a college or university can receive for commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement.
- Windstream donates equipment to RIT
Windstream Corp. has donated $150,000 in communications equipment to Rochester Institute of Technology.
- URMC pursues pacts in Asia
- St. John Fisher raises $52 million in capital campaign
St. John Fisher has ended its six-year capital campaign by raising more than $52 million, beating its goal of $50 million and laying a path for growth at the college.
- Excellus donates $1 million to St. John Fisher
St. John Fisher College has received a $1 million donation from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield to expand primary health care, mental health care, social services and adult education for Rochester’s underserved populations.
- The new head of school sees growth for Harley
- College starts programs to fill area's skills gaps
- RIT names new chairman
Rochester Institute of Technology has named a new chairman of its board of trustees. Brian Hall of Colorado Springs, Colo., received an MBA from RIT in 1978, retired in 2007 as vice chairman of the Thomson Corp., a global information company that merged with Reuters Corp. in 2008 to become Thomson Reuters Corp.
- Nazareth College tops for Fulbright recipients
Nazareth College of Rochester has placed in the No. 1 spot among master’s institutions on the Chronicle of Higher Education’s Top Producers of U.S. Fulbright Students list.
- St. John Fisher names new CFO
St. John Fisher College has appointed a new chief financial officer. Jacqueline DiStefano also will serve as vice president for finance.
- SUNY Brockport honored as 'College of Distinction'
SUNY College at Brockport is being featured on a website honoring schools for excellence in student-focused higher education.
- Colleges and Universities
Institutions contacted are members of the Consortium of Rochester Area Colleges Inc. or are in Allegany, Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties and grant degrees; ranked by full-time enrollment.