- URMC residency program to receive $300k over four years
The University of Rochester Medical Center has been tapped as one of eight academic medical centers to lead a four-year, nationwide effort to improve residency training for doctors, URMC officials said this week.
- UR appoints a dean of graduate studies
The University of Rochester announced Monday the appointment of a new dean of graduate studies in Arts, Sciences and Engineering.
- Avon completes largest public school solar project
The largest public school solar project in the state is complete in Avon, state officials announced Thursday.
- SUNY Geneseo to partner with RCSD
A second struggling Rochester school may get a boost from a special partnership, this time with SUNY College at Geneseo.
- Roberts Wesleyan, Fisher named great colleges to work for
Two area colleges have been named a 2016 Great College to Work For by the Chronicle for Higher Education. Roberts Wesleyan College and St. John Fisher College are on the list of 93 colleges to be recognized.
- Vertus High School expands with new building
Vertus High School, a year-round charter boys’ high school, opens its new building to the public on Saturday.
- RCSD board reshapes superintendent role
- RIT group headed for Silicon Valley
- Lewis Tree Service donates $100k to create MCC scholarship
Monroe Community College announced a new scholarship fund Wednesday established through a $100,000 donation by the Lewis Tree Service.
- $1M gift to establish pediatric dental clinic, fund for med students
A $1 million gift from a dentist and her pediatrician spouse will help the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry upgrade UR Medicine’s pediatric dental services and establish a fund to support work done by medical students in countries with health disparities.
- NTID appoints associate dean for research
The National Technical Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology has appointed a new associate dean for research. Robert Pollard comes to NTID from the University of Rochester’s School of Medicine.
- School Taxes
- UR leaders take new posts as fiscal year begins
July 1 brings the start of a new fiscal year and the beginning of some new leadership posts at the University of Rochester.
- Work heats up at SUNY colleges
- RIT appoints new dean of graduate education
Rochester Institute of Technology announced Tuesday the appointment of a new dean of graduate education.
- RIT team wins first place in anti-terrorism challenge
Students from Rochester Institute of Technology took top prize Monday in a competition sponsored by the State Department.
- Department of Energy honors UR scientist
An assistant professor from the University of Rochester is one of 49 scientists recognized this year by the Department of Energy as one of the nation’s exceptional researchers in the early stage of his or her career.
- M&T, REF collect instruments at Jazz Fest
During the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, which opened Friday and runs through July 2, M&T Bank Corp. and Rochester Education Foundation will collect musical instruments to distribute to Rochester City School District students.
- RIT college gets interim dean
The College of Applied Science and Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology has an interim dean, officials announced Thursday.
- RIT, the Strong team up to study, preserve games