- SUNY Geneseo names executive director for foundation, VP
SUNY College at Geneseo on Thursday named a vice president for college advancement and executive director of the Geneseo Foundation. Johnson Bowles is slated to take the posts, effective July 14.
- Rideout reappointed as UR School of Nursing dean
Kathy Rideout has been reappointed to a five-year term as dean of the University of Rochester School of Nursing, officials announced Tuesday.
- RIT dean to become president of Edinboro University
The leader of the College of Applied Science and Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology is stepping down, officials announced Monday.
- Eight research projects win UR funding
Eight research projects at the University of Rochester received funding totaling a half-million dollars. The University Research Awards, originally the Provost’s Multidisciplinary Awards, are funded $250,000 every year by the president and are matched by the schools for a total of $500,000 annually.
- Bills training camp kicks off July 30 at St. John Fisher
The Buffalo Bills will kick off their 17th annual training camp July 30 at St. John Fisher College, the team announced Thursday.
- UR names new dean for School of Engineering
The Hajim School of Engineering & Applied Sciences at the University of Rochester soon will have its first female leader.
- Research funding climbs
- Student entrepreneurs compete in competition at UR
Aspiring student entrepreneurs at the University of Rochester presented their business models to a panel of judges during the 10th annual Mark Ain Business Model Competition on Wednesday.
- RIT president to retire
William Destler, the president of Rochester Institute of Technology, announced his retirement Monday. Destler has served as RIT’s ninth president since July 1, 2007.
- SUNY Brockport names business school dean
- Voice of the Met to speak at Eastman commencement
A woman whose voice is heard around the world from the Metropolitan Opera will be the speaker at the Eastman School of Music’s commencement ceremony.
- Lacrosse championship coming to Rochester
Rochester will play host to the New York State Boys Lacrosse Championship for the next three years.
- Kodak Tower selected for RIT's big shot
The subject has been selected for Rochester Institute of Technology’s next Big Shot. Kodak Tower, home of the Eastman Kodak Co., will be the focus of the 32nd community photography project, RIT officials said Friday. The photo is slated to be taken soon after sunset on Sept. 18.
- Public Health Institute CEO to discuss care inequities at RIT
Mary Pittman, CEO and president of the Public Health Institute, will discuss health care inequities among the vulnerable during a public appearance at Rochester Institute of Technology Friday.
- New leader faces tasks
- Kress replaces Seligman as co-chairman of regional council
Monroe Community College president Anne Kress has been tapped to serve as the academic co-chairman of the Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council.
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship marks its opening
A new hub for urban entrepreneurial programs and research opened downtown Monday.
- House bill includes $68 million for UR laser lab
Federal funding for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics in fiscal 2017 is moving forward, with $68 million for the lab included in the House of Representatives’ House Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill.
- St. John Fisher names new provost
St. John Fisher College on Tuesday announced the appointment of a new provost.
- Technical communication conference marks 57th year
The longest-running regional conference dedicated to the advancement of technical communication opened Sunday and runs through Tuesday at Rochester Institute of Technology.