- URMC wins $1.65M grant for nurse practitioner residency
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Department of Family Medicine has won a $1.65 million grant to fund creation of nurse practitioner residency, URMC officials said Wednesday.
- IBM collaborates with RIT on cybersecurity program
IBM Corp. is teaming up with Rochester Institute of Technology to advance education for students in the cybersecurity program.
- University of Rochester earns StormReady certification
The University of Rochester is the first private university in New York to be certified StormReady by the National Weather Service, officials announced Wednesday.
- Bills training camp kicks off Friday at St. John Fisher
The 16th annual Buffalo Bills Training Camp starts with the first practice at 9 a.m. Friday at St. John Fisher College.
- Inaugural class at UPrep charter has 94% grad rate
The first class of University Preparatory Charter School for Young Men marked its commencement ceremony with a 94 percent graduation rate, school leaders announced Friday.
- Bryant & Stratton College names Felser as CEO
Bryant & Stratton College has appointed Francis Felser as its new president and CEO.
- Roberts Wesleyan makes Chronicle of Higher Education list
The Chronicle of Higher Education has released its 2015 Great Colleges to Work For list, and Roberts Wesleyan College is one of the few New York schools to make it, officials announced Monday.
- State OKs new MCC health care program
Monroe Community College has been approved by the state Education Department to add a program designed to address a growing need in the local health care job market, the college announced Friday.
- Robots coming to RIT in partnership with GM
Two industrial robots are coming to the Rochester Institute of Technology campus as part of a new partnership between the university and General Motors Corp.
- URMC wins $3.5M grant to study tooth decay in kids
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Eastman Institute of Oral Health has won a $3.5 million grant to investigate the role stress and family dynamics might play in causing tooth decay in small children, URMC officials said Wednesday.
- MCC gets funds to help students achieve academic success
Monroe Community College is receiving a $1.25 million grant to help low-income, first-generation students and students with disabilities to succeed in the classroom.
- UR, RIT students win awards at Tibetan Innovation Challenge
Students from two area universities took top honors in a business plan contest and received awards from the Dalai Lama.
- Pittsford is top Regents, SAT performer
Among the 27 public school districts in Monroe and Ontario counties, Pittsford is the top performer overall in Regents diplomas earned and SAT test scores.
- Degree addresses OT labor shortage
Bryant and Stratton aims at filling occupational therapist jobs
- Inside the 11th edition of the Report Card
- A mission to provide alternative education
- Details on the schools data used in this guide
- An eye on the bottom line at private schools
- Sweeping reforms address failing schools
- Schools agree on advantages of technology