- Mindex marks partnerships with E.R. district
Mindex Technologies Inc. on Monday marked its 15-year partnership with East Rochester Union Free School District, officials said. The district was the first to use schooltool, the company’s web-based student management software.
- MCC teams with Eastman Business Park for training center
Monroe Community College is teaming with the Eastman Business Park to create the Finger Lakes Workforce Development Center.
- SUNY Alfred requires applied learning for all students
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred has become the first SUNY college to require applied learning for every student on campus, leaders announced late Monday.
- Fewer enroll at colleges
- Oprah magazine editor to speak at Hobart and William Smith
The editor-in-chief of O, the Oprah magazine is slated to speak at Hobart and William Smith Colleges Dec. 1.
- RIT biophysicist wins NSF grant to study eye
Rochester Institute of Technology biophysicist Moumita Das has won a National Science Foundation grant, officials announced Tuesday.
- Students get close look at photonics and optics
- Colleges and Universities
- Empire State College dedicates Brighton site
The newest site of the SUNY Empire State College system was dedicated in Brighton Thursday at 680 Westfall Road.
- Joint effort aims to combat misuse of prescription medication
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College announced a joint effort Thursday to combat the misuse of prescription medication.
- Simon School ranks on Bloomberg list of top schools
One area college made the list of the top business schools in the country in rankings released Wednesday by Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Trading room gives business students a leg up
- RIT provost emeritus Stanley McKenzie dies
Rochester Institute of Technology provost emeritus Stanley McKenzie died Tuesday in Tucson, Ariz., university officials announced. Mr. McKenzie served for more than four decades in a variety of roles at the university. He retired five years ago from his role of provost and vice president for academic affairs.
- Anselm to lead RIT Center for Electronics Manufacturing
The Center for Electronics Manufacturing and Assembly at Rochester Institute of Technology has a new interim director in Martin Anselm, effective immediately, officials announced this week.
- RIT prof awarded trio of fellowships
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Joel Kastner—professor in RIT’s Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science and the School of Physics and Astronomy—been awarded Smithsonian, Carnegie and Study Abroad International fellowships, officials announced Friday.
- Economists present views at Simon event
- Future curricula adapt to the evolving medical field
- Writing Essays- Utilizing Social Examples to Make Novelty
- Step by step instructions to Article writing
- Gloom Among College Students - An Essay