- QVI donates equipment to establish lab at RIT
A new metrology lab is being established at Rochester Institute of Technology with a donation of three measuring systems by Quality Vision International Inc.
- RIT receives nearly $2 million from NSF
Rochester Institute of Technology has received nearly $2 million in partnership with Raytheon Vision Systems to develop infrared detectors grown on silicon wafers for ground-based astronomy, university officials said Monday. The technology also could have applications for use in homeland security, remote sensing and biomedical imaging.
- Colleges and Universities
- MCC Foundation to honor GRHF
Monroe Community College Foundation announced Thursday the Greater Rochester Health Foundation is its 2015 recipient of the Salute to Excellence award.
- Slaughter pushes to include $68M in budget for UR's laser lab
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Wednesday she is pushing the United States Congress to include $68 million in its annual budget for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics.
- UR, Simon rank among top 25 for entrepreneurial studies
The University of Rochester and Simon Business School have made the Princeton Review’s list of the nation’s top 25 graduate schools for entrepreneurial studies, coming in at No. 22, officials announced Thursday.
- UR, Nazareth recognized for bike friendly efforts
Nazareth College and the University of Rochester were recognized Monday with Bicycle Friendly University awards by the League of American Bicyclists.
- RIT meets challenge for $1M endowed fund
Rochester Institute of Technology has met the challenge to establish a $1 million endowed fund to support undergraduate research in its College of Science.
- Trustee gives $1 million for iZone at UR library
A $1 million gift to the University of Rochester River Campus Libraries will create a new technology-rich workspace designed to foster the development of young entrepreneurs, officials announced Monday.
- School opens all-ages lab for innovation
- RIT to offer innovative combination degree
Rochester Institute of Technology is launching a bachelor’s degree program that is the first of its kind in the nation, officials said.
- Five new companies graduate from RIT business incubator
Venture Creations, the business incubator at Rochester Institute of Technology, marked the launch of five new businesses Wednesday. The companies collectively bring 31 new jobs to the Rochester region, officials said.
- Study results show local dispenser helps patients
Study results released Wednesday by the faculty at St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Nursing could lead to a breakthrough in the care of those who forget to take their medication, officials said.
- UR's Warner School gets $2M National Science Foundation grant
A $2 million grant has been awarded to the University of Rochester’s Warner School of Education to expand math and science programs in urban schools.
- Fast Start: What I do
- UR names Holly Crawford as CFO
The woman who has worked alongside Ronald Paprocki for eight years at the University of Rochester has been selected to succeed him in the chief financial officer role when he retires in January. Holly Crawford has been named UR’s senior vice president for administration and finance, CFO and treasurer.
- MCC begins work on $78 million downtown campus
A groundbreaking ceremony Tuesday paved the way for construction of the new $78 million downtown campus for Monroe Community College. Work is scheduled to begin within two weeks and be completed by the fall of 2017.
- Thoughtful planning avoids conflict, protects legacy
- RCSD's efforts to improve gain momentum
- New president takes lead at St. John Fisher