- Program to help some customers lower AC costs
New York State Electric and Gas Corp. and Rochester Gas and Electric Corp., subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA Inc., launched a program to help residential and business customers manage their air-conditioning costs.
- Area gas prices continue to plummet
Gas prices continued to plummet both locally and nationally this week, following a drop in U.S. crude oil prices to a six-year low of below $40 a barrel.
- Williamson goes solar for town power
- The Record
- Project demonstrates ClearCove energy production technology
ClearCove, a renewable energy company in Rochester, on Wednesday said a pilot test shows its technology has the potential to significantly increase energy production.
- Valley Energy expands, hits five-year goal
- Area businesses to receive low-cost power
Several businesses in the region will receive low-cost power in exchange for retaining or creating jobs in New York under the ReCharge NY program, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday.
- The Record
- UR dean named first independent director at Sweetwater
Robert Clark, dean of University of Rochester’s Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, has become Sweetwater Energy Inc.’s first independent director, the company said.
- Incentives help pay for energy efficiency
- PSC to hold public hearings on Ginna agreement
The public has a chance to speak out on a plan to keep the R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant operating in Wayne County.
- State site lists record number of available jobs
A record number of available jobs have been posted on the New York State Jobs Express website, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Report ranks N.Y. as third-most eco-friendly state
New York ranks as one of the most eco-friendly states, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- RIT named among top 'green colleges' by Princeton Review
Rochester Institute of Technology has been named one of North America’s greenest universities by the Princeton Review.
- Gas plan fray nears key point
- More builders embrace eco-friendly direction
- Sweetwater Energy plans commercial facility
- Alstom to hire 75 at Rochester facility
Alstom Transportation Inc. plans to hire 75 staffers at its Rochester facility this year as a result of federal investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Cuomo announces $160 million for clean-energy projects
There is $160 million in new funding available for clean-energy projects across New York.