- Kodak to sell Eastman Business Park utility assets
Eastman Kodak Co. this morning announced a deal with an Illinois-based energy company that plans to buy, upgrade and operate the utility infrastructure of Eastman Business Park.
- Majority favors fracking in state's Marcellus Shale
By a 60-40 ratio, the majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say New York should allow hydraulic fracturing in the Marcellus Shale. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Ultralife sales dip, profit sees uptick
Ultralife Corp. reported a drop in third-quarter sales but a slight increase in profit. The results were affected by the recent sale of its RedBlack Communications business.
- Natcore reaches solar cell milestone
Natcore Technology Inc.’s research and development center in Rochester has created the first black silicon solar cell for conversion to electricity, company officials announced Thursday.
- Sweetwater taps colorado firm for design work
- Green-energy products focus of Cerion move
Cerion Enterprises LLC has moved to a new building at Eastman Business Park as it expands its manufacturing capabilities to green-energy products.
- Iberdrola signs to go up as RGS come down
- Ultralife shares plunge after Q2 loss reported
Ultralife Corp. stock plummeted nearly 14 percent after the Newark firm reported a double-digit decline in second-quarter sales and a net loss.
- $9M invested in energy startup
- PSC report: RG&E failed to protect customer info
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp. failed to adequately protect confidential customer information from unauthorized access by outside parties, the state Public Service Commission said Thursday.
- Sweetwater raises $4 million, SEC filing shows
Sweetwater Energy Inc. has raised $4 million, filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- EnergyWise Partners gets state funding
EnergyWise Partners LLC was awarded $95,000 in state funding for its financing model for renewable energy, company officials said Monday.
- Arista Power selected for Solarize Madison program
Arista Power Inc. is one of two contractors named for a program in Madison County whose goal is to install at least 30 solar photovoltaic systems there.
- Graham gets $5M in orders from China
Graham Corp. has been awarded $5 million in new orders, the Batavia firm said Thursday. The orders span two key markets: oil refining and nuclear energy.
- Cuomo nominates First Niagara CEO to head NYPA
John Koelmel, president and CEO of First Niagara Financial Group Inc., is Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s choice to replace Perinton attorney Michael Townsend as chairman of the New York Power Authority.
- Arista Power to team up with GE on new system
Arista Power Inc. is teaming up with General Electric Co.’s energy storage business to promote and market Arista’s Power on Demand system, which will incorporate GE’s Durathon batteries.
- Emphasis on the environment grows, yielding big benefits
- Sweetwater partners with Danish biotech firm
- RG&E gave $4.7M in energy grants, incentives
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. provided $4.7 million in energy incentives and grants to 39 companies for economic development initiatives in 2011, officials announced Thursday.
- Saunders Research Building gets LEED gold certification
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Saunders Research Building has received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Gold certification.