- The Record
- UR dean named first independent director at Sweetwater
Robert Clark, dean of University of Rochester’s Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, has become Sweetwater Energy Inc.’s first independent director, the company said.
- Incentives help pay for energy efficiency
- PSC to hold public hearings on Ginna agreement
The public has a chance to speak out on a plan to keep the R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant operating in Wayne County.
- State site lists record number of available jobs
A record number of available jobs have been posted on the New York State Jobs Express website, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Report ranks N.Y. as third-most eco-friendly state
New York ranks as one of the most eco-friendly states, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- RIT named among top 'green colleges' by Princeton Review
Rochester Institute of Technology has been named one of North America’s greenest universities by the Princeton Review.
- Gas plan fray nears key point
- More builders embrace eco-friendly direction
- Sweetwater Energy plans commercial facility
- Alstom to hire 75 at Rochester facility
Alstom Transportation Inc. plans to hire 75 staffers at its Rochester facility this year as a result of federal investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Cuomo announces $160 million for clean-energy projects
There is $160 million in new funding available for clean-energy projects across New York.
- Gas prices in Rochester dip slightly
Following a month of increasing gas prices, Rochester area drivers saw a slight decline in prices at the pump in the last week, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- Genesee County project gets grant from National Grid
The Genesee Gateway Local Development Corp., the real estate arm of the Genesee County Economic Development Center, has received a grant of $50,000 from National Grid PLC that was used to build the Innovation Zone, an incubator space at the 34-acre Upstate MedTech Park in Batavia.
- More RG&E, NYSEG customers join energy efficiency program
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp., subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA Inc., said Monday that in 2014 some 23,000 more customers took advantage of energy efficiency rebates and incentives.
- Plurality: No ban, tax on plastic bags
Nearly half of respondents support neither a ban nor a tax for single-use plastic bags, while 49 percent of respondents favor a local law banning foam food containers. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Report touts benefits of working from home
Workers in New York State could save nearly $12,000 a year by working from home, a new report from WalletHub shows.