- SED rebrands, partners with Vt.-based SunCommon
Sustainable Energy Developments Inc., a renewable energy company based in Ontario, Wayne County, announced Tuesday it is rebranding through a partnership with the Vermont-based SunCommon.
- Colleges join clean energy initiative
Five area colleges and universities are among 62 eligible to receive funding from a $2 million program announced by Gov. Andrew Cuomo to support clean energy initiatives on campus.
- Geothermal heating advocates push for tax credit
Advocates for geothermal heating are calling on Gov. Andrew Cuomo to include a tax credit for the alternative energy resource in the upcoming state budget.
- Greentopia seeks millions for projects
- Future projects for the High Falls Eco-District
- Building a green focus
- OLEDWorks to test lighting in $1M project
- Credit for geothermal installations hoped for
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges unveils pair of solar farms
The largest solar installation at any institution of higher education in New York is set to open Thursday at a site owned by Hobart and William Smith Colleges, officials said.
- Grants power UR researcher's battery work
- Funding fuels future: NOHMs Technologies gets $6.5M in venture capital
- Finding local sites for wind turbines is complicated
- NYSERDA launches programs to reduce energy use
Industrial and manufacturing facilities across the state are in line to receive grants for energy efficiency from two new initiatives totaling $10 million announced this week.
- Urban Land Institute New York seeks project nominations
Urban Land Institute New York has opened nominations for its second annual Awards for Excellence in Development, a statewide contest for responsible land use and development practices.
- Western New York Energy president dies at 43
Michael Sawyer, the president and CEO of Western New York Energy LLC, died unexpectedly Aug. 18 while hiking in the Adirondacks. He was 43 years old.
- Ultralife posts smaller profit, higher sales
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in second-quarter net income, while its sales increased, helped by its communications systems’ segment.
- Avon completes largest public school solar project
The largest public school solar project in the state is complete in Avon, state officials announced Thursday.
- Department of Energy honors UR scientist
An assistant professor from the University of Rochester is one of 49 scientists recognized this year by the Department of Energy as one of the nation’s exceptional researchers in the early stage of his or her career.
- Three area projects rejected in N.Y. contest