- PSC to hold public hearings on Ginna agreement
The public has a chance to speak out on a plan to keep the R.E. Ginna Nuclear Power Plant operating in Wayne County.
- State site lists record number of available jobs
A record number of available jobs have been posted on the New York State Jobs Express website, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Report ranks N.Y. as third-most eco-friendly state
New York ranks as one of the most eco-friendly states, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- RIT named among top 'green colleges' by Princeton Review
Rochester Institute of Technology has been named one of North America’s greenest universities by the Princeton Review.
- Gas plan fray nears key point
- More builders embrace eco-friendly direction
- Sweetwater Energy plans commercial facility
- Alstom to hire 75 at Rochester facility
Alstom Transportation Inc. plans to hire 75 staffers at its Rochester facility this year as a result of federal investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Cuomo announces $160 million for clean-energy projects
There is $160 million in new funding available for clean-energy projects across New York.
- Gas prices in Rochester dip slightly
Following a month of increasing gas prices, Rochester area drivers saw a slight decline in prices at the pump in the last week, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- Genesee County project gets grant from National Grid
The Genesee Gateway Local Development Corp., the real estate arm of the Genesee County Economic Development Center, has received a grant of $50,000 from National Grid PLC that was used to build the Innovation Zone, an incubator space at the 34-acre Upstate MedTech Park in Batavia.
- More RG&E, NYSEG customers join energy efficiency program
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp., subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA Inc., said Monday that in 2014 some 23,000 more customers took advantage of energy efficiency rebates and incentives.
- Plurality: No ban, tax on plastic bags
Nearly half of respondents support neither a ban nor a tax for single-use plastic bags, while 49 percent of respondents favor a local law banning foam food containers. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Report touts benefits of working from home
Workers in New York State could save nearly $12,000 a year by working from home, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- National Grid helps fund Intergrow expansion
National Grid PLC is providing economic development and energy efficiency grants to support a $15.2 million project at Intergrow Greenhouses Inc. in Orleans County.
- Rochester to participate in new energy competition
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday announced funding for a new energy competition that will award up to $20 million for the most forward-thinking, advanced energy projects in Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Yonkers.
- Emergency heating fund program gets $410,000 in donations
A program that helps Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp. customers who are facing an energy emergency got donations of $410,000, officials announced last week.