- OLEDWorks to test lighting in $1M project
- Credit for geothermal installations hoped for
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges unveils pair of solar farms
The largest solar installation at any institution of higher education in New York is set to open Thursday at a site owned by Hobart and William Smith Colleges, officials said.
- Grants power UR researcher's battery work
- Funding fuels future: NOHMs Technologies gets $6.5M in venture capital
- Finding local sites for wind turbines is complicated
- NYSERDA launches programs to reduce energy use
Industrial and manufacturing facilities across the state are in line to receive grants for energy efficiency from two new initiatives totaling $10 million announced this week.
- Urban Land Institute New York seeks project nominations
Urban Land Institute New York has opened nominations for its second annual Awards for Excellence in Development, a statewide contest for responsible land use and development practices.
- Western New York Energy president dies at 43
Michael Sawyer, the president and CEO of Western New York Energy LLC, died unexpectedly Aug. 18 while hiking in the Adirondacks. He was 43 years old.
- Ultralife posts smaller profit, higher sales
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in second-quarter net income, while its sales increased, helped by its communications systems’ segment.
- Avon completes largest public school solar project
The largest public school solar project in the state is complete in Avon, state officials announced Thursday.
- Department of Energy honors UR scientist
An assistant professor from the University of Rochester is one of 49 scientists recognized this year by the Department of Energy as one of the nation’s exceptional researchers in the early stage of his or her career.
- Three area projects rejected in N.Y. contest
- Ultralife Corp. reports lower Q1 profit, higher revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a year-over-year drop in first quarter profit, along with an increase in sales.
- DEC files suit against company over water woes
- Portfolio: Exelon Corp. (New York Stock Exchange--EXC)
- ROCSPOT launches Solarize the Flower City campaign
ROCSPOT’s Solarize the Flower City Campaign 2016 has kicked off with group rate discounts on solar installations for residents and businesses in Monroe County from now until Sept. 15.
- Taking the lead for solar power
CEO Charles Provini moved Natcore Technology’s headquarters and research center here
- Monroe County among top counties in N.Y. for solar jobs
Monroe County is among the top 10 counties statewide for its number of solar jobs, a new report from the Solar Foundation shows, and New York State ranks fourth in the country.