- Energy Suppliers
Ranked by number of RG&E Customers supplied.
- Brokerage Firms
Ranked by number of local brokers.
- NY Green Bank gets $210 million in funding
Gov. Andrew Cuomo Friday announced $210 million in initial funding for NY Green Bank. The funding will be used to kick-start clean energy development, to foster job growth and to help communities become more sustainable.
- Sweetwater Energy inks deal with Pacific Ethanol for $100M
Sweetwater Energy Inc. has landed its fourth multimillion contract to supply a California firm with industrial sugars for the production of cellulosic ethanol. The 15-year deal is estimated to be worth roughly $100 million.
- Energy Suppliers
Information was provided by engery supply companies that responded to an email survey or was obtained from companies marketing materials. Ranked by number of RG&E customers supplied.
- Webster firm partnering on statewide clean energy effort
Blue Springs Energy LLC in Webster is partnering with the New York State Association of Counties to provide information on clean energy incentives.
- Georgia woman charged in Iberdrola security breach
A Georgia resident has been arraigned on charges of intentionally damaging a protected computer domain at Rochester-based Iberdrola USA Inc., officials said Tuesday.
- Kodak to sell Eastman Business Park utility assets
Eastman Kodak Co. this morning announced a deal with an Illinois-based energy company that plans to buy, upgrade and operate the utility infrastructure of Eastman Business Park.
- Majority favors fracking in state's Marcellus Shale
By a 60-40 ratio, the majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say New York should allow hydraulic fracturing in the Marcellus Shale. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Ultralife sales dip, profit sees uptick
Ultralife Corp. reported a drop in third-quarter sales but a slight increase in profit. The results were affected by the recent sale of its RedBlack Communications business.
- Natcore reaches solar cell milestone
Natcore Technology Inc.’s research and development center in Rochester has created the first black silicon solar cell for conversion to electricity, company officials announced Thursday.
- Sweetwater taps colorado firm for design work
- Green-energy products focus of Cerion move
Cerion Enterprises LLC has moved to a new building at Eastman Business Park as it expands its manufacturing capabilities to green-energy products.
- Iberdrola signs to go up as RGS come down
- Ultralife shares plunge after Q2 loss reported
Ultralife Corp. stock plummeted nearly 14 percent after the Newark firm reported a double-digit decline in second-quarter sales and a net loss.
- $9M invested in energy startup
- PSC report: RG&E failed to protect customer info
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp. failed to adequately protect confidential customer information from unauthorized access by outside parties, the state Public Service Commission said Thursday.
- Sweetwater raises $4 million, SEC filing shows
Sweetwater Energy Inc. has raised $4 million, filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- EnergyWise Partners gets state funding
EnergyWise Partners LLC was awarded $95,000 in state funding for its financing model for renewable energy, company officials said Monday.
- Arista Power selected for Solarize Madison program
Arista Power Inc. is one of two contractors named for a program in Madison County whose goal is to install at least 30 solar photovoltaic systems there.