- RG&E, NYSEG effort focuses on renewable energy
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp., subsidiaries of Avangrid Inc., are preparing to roll out a new technology to help large-scale producers of renewable energy resources connect to the grid, officials announced Monday.
- Arista Power files Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Ultralife acquires U.K. battery manufacturer for $11 million
Ultralife Corp. has acquired all the outstanding shares of a United Kingdom-based battery designer and manufacturer for roughly $11 million in cash.
- PMC positive on pluses of LED lights
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Beverage distributor installs solar in Henrietta
A Henrietta beverage distributor announced Tuesday a recent solar installation designed to provide 70 percent of the building’s power.
- RG&E, NYSEG using drones for inspections
Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp. are using drones to inspect transmission lines.
- Cybersecurity execs aim to protect grid
Iberdrola USA Inc. has ramped up cybersecurity efforts as it and its parent company bolster efforts to protect the power grid.
- RIT center provides battery prototyping services
- Greentopia event focuses on sustainable communities
A group of leaders in sustainability and the future of cities gathered Wednesday for the 2015 Futures Summit, an event at Monroe Community College that discusses building sustainable communities.
- Energy Suppliers
- Solarize Williamson picks up pace, attracts community interest
- Geothermal systems shed their novelty status, draw homeowners
- Energy storage looks promising for Rochester
- NOHMs gets $1.6M federal contract for batteries
NOHMs Technologies Inc. will partner with the U.S. Department of Energy and leading car manufacturers in a deal to develop electric vehicle batteries and improve performance, affordability and safety.