Government & Politics News
- Home Rochester gets $15M loan to renovate homes
Up to 70 dilapidated homes in the city of Rochester are about to get an upgrade.
- Anti-Poverty Initiative appoints director, members
The Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative has appointed a director and announced members of six working groups, steps that organizers say will allow the initiative to put its focus on addressing the region’s deep poverty.
- Work to begin Tuesday on Inner Loop bridge
Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday on the $5.9 million project to rehabilitate the bridge that carries the Inner Loop over the Genesee River and Brown’s Raceway.
- Rochester region sees increase in jobs in April
Rochester’s economy continued its upward climb last month, with an increase in both non-farm and private-sector jobs, the state Department of Labor reported Thursday.
- Aab donates $3 million to Golisano Children's Hospital
Richard Aab, a well-known local entrepreneur and a University of Rochester trustee, has made a $3 million commitment to the Golisano Children’s Hospital Building Fund.
- Schumer backs industry push for full funding of bureau
U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer was at Black Button Distilling on Railroad Street to promote change within the distilling industry.
- Conditions improve slightly for N.Y. manufacturers in May
Conditions improved slightly for New York manufacturers in May, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Prospects for Tower280 occupancy look bright
- The RBA One Job initiative is ready to match workers with jobs
- 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award
- 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award: LARGE ORGANIZATIONS
- Changing riverfront reflects new kind of city living
- Engineers view competition as part of the game
- Monroe County car sales slump in April
New-car sales in Monroe County dipped from March to April, bucking the historical trend, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- L-3 Global lands $81.8 million contract from Raytheon Australia
L-3 Global Communications Solutions Inc. in Victor has been awarded an $81.8 million contract from Raytheon Australia to supply the Australian Defence Force with satellite communications equipment, additional support equipment and training.
- Gillibrand presses for medical marijuana bill
Joined by members of medical advocacy groups, including the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester Inc., Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on Monday pressed for passage of a bill to make medical marijuana legal under federal law in states that have legalized the drug for medical purposes.
- Firm gets big Army contract
- Drone technology is taking off, but so are its regulations
- Former sheriff praised for commitment, caring
- Proactive measures ease pressure after working years