Government & Politics News
- Major retailers agree to unit pricing for online, mobile apps
A new initiative by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman will bring unit pricing to the websites and mobile apps of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp., Walgreen Co., CVS Caremark Corp., Fresh Direct LLC, and Drugstore.com Inc.
- Warren proposes budget with property tax rate rise
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren on Friday proposed a budget of nearly $500 million, up 3.6 percent from the current budget and with a property tax rate increase of nearly 2 percent.
- City of Rochester/REDCO - Assisted Projects
Ranked by amount of financial assistance during 2013
- COMIDA - Assisted Project
Ranked by amount of COMIDA assistance for projects approved during 2013.
- Pudup to run for 134th District Assembly seat
Former Monroe County sheriff’s deputy Gary Pudup will run on the Democratic ticket for the state Assembly’s 134th District seat vacated by Greece Supervisor William Reilich, officials said Friday.
- Rochester repo firm inks deal with AG
A Rochester vehicle repossession company is among 10 firms that inked a deal with state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to stop seizing some borrowers’ cars.
- State commits $3 million for center at Eastman Business Park
The state will commit $3 million to the Eastman Business Park Bioscience Manufacturing Center slated to begin construction later this year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday.
- 5Linx generates $6.7M return for retirement fund
5Linx Enterprises Inc. has generated an estimated $6.7 million return, nearly four times the initial investment, for the New York State Common Retirement Fund, the state comptroller said Thursday.
- Trio of grants support efforts for 19th Ward
Three grants totaling $33,000 will support efforts to nominate four areas in Rochester’s 19th Ward for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, officials announced Monday.
- County seeks operator for public golf courses
Monroe County will assume maintenance responsibilities for its three municipal golf courses in 2015 and is seeking a vendor to provide those services, officials said Friday.
- Snap Poll: Most disapprove of Cuomo's performance
More than half of respondents to this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll disapprove of Gov. Andrew Cuomo's overall job performance.
- Monroe County Taxpayers
Ranked by total county taxable value
- City transfers title to former Midtown Tower to partnership
Rochester Mayor Thomas Richards on Thursday said the city transferred title to the former Midtown Tower to Midtown Tower LLC, a partnership of Buckingham Properties LLC and Morgan Management LLC. The $59 million redevelopment project, now known as The Tower at Midtown, will create a focal point of commercial/retail, office and residential activity.
- NY Green Bank gets $210 million in funding
Gov. Andrew Cuomo Friday announced $210 million in initial funding for NY Green Bank. The funding will be used to kick-start clean energy development, to foster job growth and to help communities become more sustainable.
- City grant, loan aid redevelopment on Vick Park A
A Rochester-area real estate agent is developing a building in the city with the help of a grant and low-interest loan approved by City Council this week.
- City commissioner hired for Greece post
Paul Holahan, commissioner of the Department of Environmental Services for the city of Rochester since 2006, has been appointed finance director for the town of Greece, officials said Friday.
- Mayor-elect Warren to retain Redon as deputy mayor
Rochester Mayor-elect Lovely Warren announced the first selections for her administration Friday, including Deputy Mayor Leonard Redon continuing to serve in that post. The list of seven appointees includes Lisa Bobo, another holdover from Mayor Thomas Richards’ administration.
- State commission recommends property tax freeze
A report released Tuesday by a state commission recommends a two-year freeze on property taxes, with a $2 billion budget surplus used to further reduce taxes, along with lowering rates for businesses.
- Economic development funding announcement due Wednesday
Funding for the state’s regional economic development councils will be announced Wednesday in Albany, officials said Tuesday.
- Defense officials to visit Eastman Business Park, RIT
Two officials from U.S. Department of Defense’s procurement division will tour the Eastman Business Park and two Rochester Institute of Technology manufacturing facilities Monday with Rep. Louise Slaughter, officials said Friday.