Government & Politics News
- Cuomo announces $30 million in mentoring help for Rochester
As part of Rochester’s efforts to fight poverty, three programs aimed at getting more people into the workforce will benefit from $30 million in public and private dollars, according to an announcement made by Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday.
- Abundance Co-op breaks ground at new South Ave. location
Rochester’s Abundance Co-op has begun construction at its new location at 571 South Ave., officials announced Wednesday.
- MCC teams with Eastman Business Park for training center
Monroe Community College is teaming with the Eastman Business Park to create the Finger Lakes Workforce Development Center.
- Trump tax plan reminiscent of Reagan reforms
- Dueling data make it hard to size up the economy
- Republicans aim to block ACA payouts
- Area unemployment rate increases
Rochester’s economy continued to improve last month, despite a slight increase in the unemployment rate, area economists say.
- State Pollution Prevention Institute announces grants
The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute has announced a dozen recipients of the 2016-17 Community Grants Program, including some $240,000 for environmental initiatives locally, officials said.
- RIT biophysicist wins NSF grant to study eye
Rochester Institute of Technology biophysicist Moumita Das has won a National Science Foundation grant, officials announced Tuesday.
- OLEDWorks to test lighting in $1M project
- Lighting of buildings makes downtown sparkle
- Historic designation underlines area's bygone days
- Vision for Village Gate to continue
- Original tower was jewel of national wonder
- A new crown at Midtown
- Glazer, Morgan reflect on $59 million project
- New tower attracts residents and businesses
- A tower reborn
The renamed Tower280 at Midtown stands as a testament to the vision of a few and the hard work of many.
- COMIDA OKs tax incentives for $9.9M project
A developer is receiving tax incentives to undertake a multimillion project in the city’s Culver University East Neighborhood.
- Trump win fuels uncertainty