Health Care News
- UR researchers get grant to develop app for monitoring Ebola
Researchers from the University of Rochester have received a grant to develop an app to track the spread of Ebola and other infectious diseases, officials announced Friday.
- Aab donates $3 million to Golisano Children's Hospital
Richard Aab, a well-known local entrepreneur and a University of Rochester trustee, has made a $3 million commitment to the Golisano Children’s Hospital Building Fund.
- Gillibrand presses for medical marijuana bill
Joined by members of medical advocacy groups, including the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester Inc., Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on Monday pressed for passage of a bill to make medical marijuana legal under federal law in states that have legalized the drug for medical purposes.
- Program seeks to help women learn job skills
- Key moves herald iCardiac ramp-up
- Fast Start: Redesigning a career at MediSked
- Dentist takes a gamble with gaming industry
After more than 25 years working as a dentist, Ronald Wolff has set his mind to shaking up the casino industry.
- VirtualScopics reports smaller loss, jump in revenues
VirtualScopics Inc. reported a small net loss along with increased revenues in the first quarter.
- Regional Primary Care Network gets nearly $1M grant
The Rochester-based Regional Primary Care Network has been awarded nearly $1 million in Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act funding, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services officials said Tuesday.
- Focusing on Alzheimer's
- Nurse claims she was fired illegally by firm
- Blues have $2.66 million in unclaimed checks
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is looking to connect $2.66 million in checks it wrote in 2011 to more than 13,600 individuals and companies who failed to claim them.
- Carestream, SUNY Buffalo begin clinical trials on system
Carestream Health Inc. and SUNY at Buffalo’s UBMD Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine started clinical trials this week on Carestream’s new 3-D medical imaging system, Carestream officials said Wednesday.
- Drug prices, cancer rates behind move
- Ex-RRHS co-CEO Clement hired by Cincinnati system
Former Rochester Regional Health System president and co-CEO Mark Clement has landed a job as president of a four-hospital health system in Cincinnati.
- Wilmot, two partners to build $10.5M cancer center in Dansville
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Wilmot Cancer Institute, Livingston County-based Noyes Health and Jones Memorial Hospital in Allegany County are partnering to build a $10.5 million cancer center in Dansville.
- Report finds physician workforce increases up slightly
Standing at some 3,500, the Rochester region’s physician workforce’s size has increased slightly, but poor patients could have a hard time finding a doctor, a new Monroe County Medical Society report released on Tuesday found.
- Pair of donations totaling $2.5M to support URMC
Two area couples have announced gifts totaling $2.5 million to support the University of Rochester Medical Center research and teaching.
- Commission focuses on children with mental health issues
To address shortfalls in area services for children with mental health issues, the Greater Rochester Health Foundation has organized a Commission on Children’s Behavioral Health, officials said Thursday.