Health Care News
- Entrepreneur discovers product a tough sell
- Honorees chosen for achievement in health care
- RCare looks to expand with international push
- Honorees selected for 2017 Health Care Achievement Awards
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—have been selected as recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2017 Health Care Achievement Awards. This year’s group is the 15th to receive the awards.
- URMC television ad to debut during the Super Bowl on Sunday
The University of Rochester Medical Center produced a TV ad to debut during the Super Bowl LI on Sunday between the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots.
- Taking leadership to heart
- Russell Phillips wins contract for 60 hospitals
Russell Phillips & Associates LLC has won a contract to do emergency-preparedness surveys for 60 Pacific Northwest hospitals.
- Rochester stays pessimistic in upstate survey
- Dealing with anger less of a stigma for men these days
- For time-pressed athletes, 30 minutes does the trick
- Program at URMC to get $9 million from CDC
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Emerging Infections Program is in line for up to $9 million in federal money, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- ACA repeal and unintended consequences
The risks of repealing the ACA without a plan to take its place are just too great.
- Adarza BioSystems of Henrietta raises $17 million in financing round
Adarza BioSystems Inc., a Henrietta-based company, has raised $17 million in its Series C financing round, officials said Friday.
- Carestream wins patents in U.S., internationally
Carestream Health Inc. won 43 new U.S. patents and 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries in 2016, Carestream officials said Tuesday.
- Christa, Morgan to begin work on $6M project
- URMC selected for national community health initiative
The Association of American Medical Colleges has selected the University of Rochester Medical Center to be one of eight U.S. institutions spearheading a national community health initiative.
- MCC named a White House Healthy Campus
Monroe Community College is one of 350 colleges and universities across the country to be named a White House Healthy Campus for its efforts to enroll more students in health insurance plans established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Excellus to grant funds to nonprofits
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield plans to give $90,000 in grants to area nonprofits.
- B&L parent announces asset sales; stock lags
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. this week announced the first of what chairman and CEO Joseph Papa has promised will be a string of asset sales to help the company chip away at a mountain of debt.
- Bonadio launches consulting arm
The Bonadio Group has created a subsidiary for consulting work in the health care industry.