Health Care News
- Excellus predicts area boost in telemedicine in 2017
Telemedicine visits are expected to surge next year, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield officials predict.
- RRHA ramps up its group-purchasing businesses
- RIT biophysicist wins NSF grant to study eye
Rochester Institute of Technology biophysicist Moumita Das has won a National Science Foundation grant, officials announced Tuesday.
- Medical Society chooses new leader
The Monroe County Medical Society has named Christopher Bell as its next executive director
- CurAegis completes studies for myCadian watch
CurAegis Technologies Inc. has completed validation studies for its myCadian watch, has added staff to accommodate sales opportunities and anticipates production early next year.
- Justice Dept. files criminal charges against former Valeant exec
Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s much battered parent, Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc., took another hit on Thursday as the Justice Department filed criminal charges against a former Valeant executive and the former CEO of Philidor Rx Services LLC, a onetime key distributor of Valeant products.
- Joint effort aims to combat misuse of prescription medication
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College announced a joint effort Thursday to combat the misuse of prescription medication.
- FDA warns of issues at B&L site
- Med students examine meaning in bioethics classes
- Solid strategies keep local nursing faculty stable
- Future curricula adapt to the evolving medical field
- RRH acquires urgent care center in Penfield
Rochester Regional Health has acquired Eastside Medical Urgent Care LLC in Penfield, effective Tuesday, RRH officials said.
- Medicaid-related firm refiles lawsuit
- Buffett firm agrees to buy liability insurer
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. plans to buy New York’s physician-owned medical liability insurance company.
- Optical Society conference kicks off
Rochester is the birthplace of the Optical Society and is serving as the host of the conference marking the organization’s 100th anniversary, which kicked off Monday at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- Longtime leader to retire from medical society
- Assistive Living Communities
- Skilled Nursing Providers
- Limited privacy for donor information in New York
- Older divorcing couples face unique issues