Health Care News
- ACA repeal and unintended consequences
The risks of repealing the ACA without a plan to take its place are just too great.
- Adarza BioSystems of Henrietta raises $17 million in financing round
Adarza BioSystems Inc., a Henrietta-based company, has raised $17 million in its Series C financing round, officials said Friday.
- Carestream wins patents in U.S., internationally
Carestream Health Inc. won 43 new U.S. patents and 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries in 2016, Carestream officials said Tuesday.
- URMC selected for national community health initiative
The Association of American Medical Colleges has selected the University of Rochester Medical Center to be one of eight U.S. institutions spearheading a national community health initiative.
- MCC named a White House Healthy Campus
Monroe Community College is one of 350 colleges and universities across the country to be named a White House Healthy Campus for its efforts to enroll more students in health insurance plans established by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Excellus to grant funds to nonprofits
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield plans to give $90,000 in grants to area nonprofits.
- B&L parent announces asset sales; stock lags
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. this week announced the first of what chairman and CEO Joseph Papa has promised will be a string of asset sales to help the company chip away at a mountain of debt.
- Bonadio launches consulting arm
The Bonadio Group has created a subsidiary for consulting work in the health care industry.
- Maplewood YMCA recognized for childhood obesity prevention
The Maplewood YMCA Center is being recognized for its work preventing childhood obesity through the Healthy Way to Grow Program.
- Blossom North insurer wants out of case
- Is employee pay a topic
- Growing health costs remain top local concern
- No consensus on what ACA repeal would look like
- Rochester Eye & Laser completes upgrades
Encouraged by redevelopment of former Inner Loop land next door, Rochester Eye & Laser Center has completed an extensive upgrade of its facility at North Union and Charlotte Streets in the East End.
- Taylor constructing Chili medical facility
Taylor, the Builders, has landed a contract to build the Fresenius Medical Care outpatient dialysis center on Scottsville Road in Chili. Construction is underway.
- Home care firm agrees to pay fine
All American Home Care of Rochester has been ordered to pay a $25,000 fine for obtaining and using patient contact information from a competing agency.
- FastStart: Finding her place close to home and heart
- MCC partners with UB pharmacy program
Monroe Community College on Thursday announced a new partnership with the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Paychex marks ‘Season of Small Business’
- UR nursing school receives $1 million donation
An anonymous donor has made a $1 million gift to set up an endowed fund to support the University of Rochester’s nursing school.