Health Care News
- Modifications for home safety driven by family
- Options for exercise abound at local organizations
- Ploys work by triggering an emotional reaction
- $1M gift to establish pediatric dental clinic, fund for med students
A $1 million gift from a dentist and her pediatrician spouse will help the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry upgrade UR Medicine’s pediatric dental services and establish a fund to support work done by medical students in countries with health disparities.
- Health checkup
- DealerDOCX honored for inclusion, diversity
DealerDOCX has been named business partner of the year by the Rochester Rehabilitation Center Inc.’s Employment Connection in partnership with the Job Development Network of Rochester, officials said last week.
- MVP Health Care appoints chief medical officer
MVP Health Care has named Elizabeth Malko M.D. as its new chief medical officer, effective July 18.
- 'Watchful waiting' is appropriate for certain cases
- Ortho Clinical inks deal with Beckman Coulter
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Beckman Coulter Inc. have signed a sales agreement, officials said Thursday.
- Golisano Children's Hospital gets $2.75M in donations
Newly pledged donations totaling nearly $3 million have put Golisano Children’s Hospital closer to completing the second phase of the $190 million pediatric hospital project, UR Medicine officials said Thursday.
- Excell Partners leads seed financing for Traverse Biosciences
Excell Partners was a leader in providing $500,000 in convertible debt financing to support operations and advance product development efforts for Traverse Biosciences, officials announced Wednesday.
- Low-tech changes reducing stress of doctor visits
- How three entrepreneurs improved the medical field
- Massive accumulation of data leads to advances in health care
- Rideout reappointed as UR School of Nursing dean
Kathy Rideout has been reappointed to a five-year term as dean of the University of Rochester School of Nursing, officials announced Tuesday.
- Valeant CEO Papa calls B&L division a 'core franchise'
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. would contemplate selling off some assets but sees Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s ophthalmic division as a “core franchise” it should hang on to, Valeant chairman and CEO Joseph Papa said Monday.
- Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab Practices
- Canandaigua family care practice joins Thompson Health
Finger Lakes Family Care has joined Thompson Health in Canandaigua, which is an affiliate of University of Rochester Medical Center’s UR Medicine health system, officials said.
- Highland Hospital again earns designation for nursing excellence
Highland Hospital has achieved Magnet status for the second time, the hospital announced Wednesday.
- Blues give $87,000 in Community Health awards
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield on Wednesday gave out $87,000 to non-profits in the Rochester region for the 2016 Community Health Awards.