Health Care News
- Friendly Senior Living picks Albany Memorial exec as CEO
Friendly Senior Living has tapped Albany Memorial Hospital executive director Glen Cooper to lead its organization, officials said Tuesday.
- Grant to fund research on triggers of appetite
A grant of more than $400,000 has been awarded to an associate professor at SUNY College at Brockport to help determine the triggers of appetite and fight obesity, officials said.
- RPCN secures $1.5 million to improve behavioral health issues
The Regional Primary Care Network has won a $1.5 million grant to help it improve care for patients with behavioral health issues, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Fairport, said Tuesday.
- Center at URMC gets high scores on NIH grants
The Center for Musculoskeletal Research at the University of Rochester Medical Center could receive more than $15 million in federal research funding for the year—making it its best year ever, officials said Friday.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute's research director wins $6.3M award
The director of research and co-director at UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute has received a $6.3 million award from the National Cancer Institute.
- UR researcher gets $2M grant for Alzheimer's-related study
A University of Rochester researcher has been awarded a $2 million grant from the National Institutes of Health in a study designed to help in the fight against dementia, officials announced Thursday.
- Eastman Institute for Oral Health gets $3.5 million grant
The Eastman Institute for Oral Health has been awarded $3.5 million for a training program designed to better prepare providers to treat patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Cyberattack hits Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and the affiliated companies of the Lifetime Healthcare Cos. have been the target of a sophisticated cyberattack, officials said Wednesday. More than 10 million individuals are affected.
- Trillium Health, MOCHA Center merge
Trillium Health Inc.’s board of directors announced Friday it is merging with the MOCHA Center Inc.
- URMC to receive $1.26 million in state funding for research
As one of a dozen top-tier awardees in the 2015 round of New York’s Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program, the University of Rochester Medical Center’s clinical research programs is in line to receive $1.26 million over the next two years, state officials said Thursday.
- CooperVision plans opening for new local offices
CooperVision Inc. plans a Thursday grand opening for its new local offices.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- UR to receive more than $1.5M for medical research
The University of Rochester will receive more than $1.5 million in federal grants for medical research.
- Poorly managed conditions can prove deadly in children
- Urgent Care Centers
- Eye-care conflict shifts
- Powerful class of medications offers alternatives
- AEDs play big role in handling sudden cardiac arrest
- RIT to preview fall classes at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology is offering a preview of fall classes at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.