Health Care News
- Former RRH co-CEOs given $12.8 million in 2014 payments
Rochester Regional Health gave former co-CEOs Mark Clement and Warren Hern a combined $12.8 million send off when the pair stepped down last year.
- MCC Foundation to honor GRHF
Monroe Community College Foundation announced Thursday the Greater Rochester Health Foundation is its 2015 recipient of the Salute to Excellence award.
- RRH posts $46.1 million surplus in '14
- Kodak Alaris launches artificial intelligence business
Kodak Alaris Inc. has formed a new business dedicated to helping organizations process and learn from structured and unstructured data through the use of proprietary artificial intelligence technology.
- Goldman Sachs forces stock move by Valeant CEO
Goldman Sachs last week forced Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. chairman and CEO Michael Pearson to give up more than 1 million Valeant shares he had pledged as security against a loan.
- Study looks at plans for aging disabled staff
- State to get $8.5M in settlement over alleged Medicaid overcharges
New York will see $8.5 million as its share of a $54 million settlement over alleged Medicaid overcharges by the prescription drug companies AstraZenca L.P. and Israel-based Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Cephalon Inc. U.S. unit, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Effort to curb high blood pressure achieves results here
A local coalition’s five-year effort to curb high blood pressure has paid off, boosting the percentage of area hypertension patients who have brought their blood pressure under control some 20 points higher than the national average, members of the Rochester High Blood Pressure Collaborative said Monday.
- Wegman foundation gives $1M to Rochester Regional Health
The Wegman Family Charitable Foundation has made a $1 million gift to Rochester Regional Health, health system officials said Monday.
- Control clash leads to change at top of RCSD
- Jail medical provider sues predecessor for reimbursement
- Study results show local dispenser helps patients
Study results released Wednesday by the faculty at St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Nursing could lead to a breakthrough in the care of those who forget to take their medication, officials said.
- B&L subject of probe over possible illegal payments to doctors
Bausch & Lomb is the object of a federal criminal probe over possible illegal payments to doctors, eye-care company parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. revealed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday.
- Fast Start: What I do
- State plans to end sheltered workshops
- Bausch & Lomb files suit to protect vitamin
- Danish distributor to sell Response Care's products
Cekura A/S, a Danish distributor of health care alarm systems, plans to incorporate Irondequoit-based Response Care Inc.’s technology into its product line.
- URMC researcher gets grant to study health effects of fracking
A University of Rochester Medical Center researcher has won a $1.5 million grant to study health effects of fracking.
- Finding a richer life through art, music, dance