Health Care News
- State OKs URMC's application for Brockport surgery center
State officials have given the green light to the University of Rochester Medical Center’s application for a Brockport ambulatory surgery center, URMC officials said Thursday.
- Dental Practices
Ranked by number of dentists.
- Home Health Care Agencies
The survey contacted home health care agencies in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- Schumer urges J&J CEO to retain unit's jobs
Sen. Charles Schumer said Tuesday he had a positive discussion with Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky over the New Jersey-based company’s previously announced intention to reevaluate the status of its Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc. unit.
- Cooper Cos. shares drop after Q4 earnings miss
Shares of Cooper Cos. Inc. stock sank some 6 percent by midday Friday after the company’s fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted earnings missed expectations.
- Finding joy in someone else's misery can be tricky
Any reform plan that truly targets what ails the U.S. health system will be disruptive.
- Sales to Singapore groups key win for Carestream
Two Singapore public health care groups, SingHealth and Eastern Health Alliance, and the Singapore Health Ministry’s IT arm, IHiS, have purchased Carestream Health Inc.’s radiology information system and picture archiving and communications system.
- Caliber Imaging reports third-quarter revenues up, loss narrows
Henrietta-based Lucid Inc., which does business as Caliber Imaging & Diagnostics, reported a smaller third-quarter loss than a year ago.
- More area employers using high-deductible health plans
High-deductible health insurance is gaining significant ground in the Rochester area, the Rochester Business Alliance Inc. found in its 2013 employer survey.
- Assistive Living Communities
Information was provided by assistive living communities that resoonded to an email survey. The survey area was Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- Skilled Nursing Providers
Information was provided by skilled nursing facilities that responded to an email or fax survey.
- 2013 Best Diet Pills Recommended
Phen375 is one of the best supplements for weight loss that you can buy over the counter without a prescription. We also found it to be one of the more popular searched diet pills online which has a huge following and is considered one of the few safe weight loss pills that are actually effective. The only drawback is its high price point but we feel it is worth every penny.
- Rochester has lowest monthly premiums in ACA's exchange
Approved premiums for New York's health insurance marketplace reveal that Rochester has the lowest rates in the state.
- Urgent Care Centers
Information was provided by urgent care centers that responded to an email survey. The survey area included Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- Valeant completes acquisition of B&L, cuts 200 jobs
Bausch & Lomb Inc. employees officially became Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. employees Tuesday, with 200 given layoff notices and another 200 to lose their jobs by early next year, officials said.
- Report: Region has lowest Medicare spending nationally
The Rochester region has lowest monthly Medicare spending of 306 markets surveyed, a July 29 Institute of Medicine report found.
- RBJ 75: Ontario County health systems chart own paths
- Local nurses earn less than downstate, national peers
Rochester-area nurses on average earn less than their counterparts nationally and downstate but are paid comparably to nurses in the Albany and Syracuse regions.
- Date set for URMC purchase of Lakeside assets
The University of Rochester Medical Center is slated to acquire Lakeside Health System’s medical practices and the system’s Spencerport urgent care center at midnight July 15, URMC officials said Thursday.
- White House postpones key health care mandate
The Obama administration has decided to postpone for one year the Affordable Care Act mandate requiring employers with more than 50 full-time employees to provide health care coverage for their workers or pay fines.