Health Care News
- URMC to buy Lakeside Hospital building, other assets
The University of Rochester Medical Center has struck a deal with Lakeside Health System and First Niagara Financial Group Inc., the bank holding Lakeside’s debt, to buy the recently closed Lakeside Hospital building and other Lakeside assets, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- Carestream inks contract for Norwegian hospitals
Carestream Health Inc. has won a contract to supply 35 Norwegian hospitals with digital imaging equipment and picture-archiving systems.
- Newark-Wayne Community Hospital unveils new ED
A newly constructed $9.9 million Emergency Department was dedicated Friday at Newark-Wayne Community Hospital.
- Nazareth launches $45M capital campaign, plans for facility
Nazareth College of Rochester on Friday announced plans for a $16.5 million Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute intended to serve as a national model for health care education.
- URMC researcher named to national post
University of Rochester Medical Center pediatric researcher Kate Ackerman M.D. has been named secretary-treasurer-elect of the Society for Pediatric Research.
- Bausch & Lomb files for IPO
Bausch & Lomb Holdings Inc. has filed a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission signaling its intent to go public.
- Physician Group Practices
Information was provided by physician group practices with offices in Monroe County that responded to an email or fax survey; ranked by number of M.D.'s.
Information was provided by representatives of individual hospitals that responded to an email survey. The surveyincludes hospitals in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties. Ranked by total full-time personnel.
- PHYSICIAN HONOREE: James Wood M.D.
- Newark-Wayne Community Hospital ED to get new name
Newark-Wayne Community Hospital plans to dub its renovated emergency department the Daniel Alexander M.D. Emergency Department, Rochester General Health System officials said Tuesday.
- Upstate residents more likely to be insured than state, nation
Upstate New York’s single-digit uninsured rate was significantly lower than the rest of New York State’s rate, an Excellus BlueCross BlueShield report released Wednesday shows.
- VirtualScopics reports net loss as Q4 revenue falls
VirtualScopics Inc. closed 2012 with a net loss and drop in revenue for the fourth quarter. The medical image analysis company Tuesday reported a net loss available to common stockholders of $814,892, or 3 cents a share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31.
- Lakeside Hospital to convert to outpatient, urgent care facility
Brockport’s Lakeside Hospital is converting to an outpatient and urgent care facility. Lakeside Health System is working with state Department of Health officials on a plan to wind down its acute care facilities acting CEO James Cummings said Thursday.
- Aging population, demand for new sites inject optimism
- B&L completes deal for Technolas Perfect Vision
Bausch & Lomb Inc. has completed an acquisition of Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH, officials announced Monday. Technolas Perfect Vision was established in 2009 as a joint venture of Bausch & Lomb and 20/10 Perfect Vision AG.
- Dental Practices
Information was provided by individual dental practices in Monroe County that responded to an email or fax survey. Ranked by number of dentists.
- Nursing leadership is vital to the health care system
Nurses have a proven track record of billion-dollar savings while improving the health of populations.
- Hospitals see first impacts of new model
- Medicaid reform: as risky as changing horses in midstream
- The Blues, hospitals partner for employee fitness contest
Rochester’s hospitals and Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, in a partnership with the American Heart Association, launched a fitness contest among its employees.