Health Care News
- Trillium Health, MOCHA Center merge
Trillium Health Inc.’s board of directors announced Friday it is merging with the MOCHA Center Inc.
- URMC to receive $1.26 million in state funding for research
As one of a dozen top-tier awardees in the 2015 round of New York’s Empire Clinical Research Investigator Program, the University of Rochester Medical Center’s clinical research programs is in line to receive $1.26 million over the next two years, state officials said Thursday.
- CooperVision plans opening for new local offices
CooperVision Inc. plans a Thursday grand opening for its new local offices.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- UR to receive more than $1.5M for medical research
The University of Rochester will receive more than $1.5 million in federal grants for medical research.
- Poorly managed conditions can prove deadly in children
- Urgent Care Centers
- Eye-care conflict shifts
- Powerful class of medications offers alternatives
- AEDs play big role in handling sudden cardiac arrest
- RIT to preview fall classes at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Rochester Institute of Technology is offering a preview of fall classes at Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Industrialist's widow pledges $1.5M for endowed professorship
The widow of Clifton Springs industrialist and philanthropist Isaac “Drew” Morris has pledged $1.5 million to fund an endowed University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry chair, UR Medical Center officials said.
- Innovation drives wave of products
- ICardiac acquires key firm
- iCardiac acquires clinical trials division of Colorado firm
iCardiac Technologies Inc. has acquired the clinical trials division of Colorado-based nSpire Health Inc.
- Wolters Kluwer hires Nole; Carestream promotes Bennett
Netherlands-based Wolters Kluwer NV on Tuesday said it has named Carestream Health Inc. executive Diana Nole as CEO of its health division starting Sept. 8. Separately, Carestream announced the appointment of Jianqing Bennett to head the digital medical solutions business unit Nole led.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute to join OmniSeq Genomic Network
UR Medicine’s Wilmot Cancer Institute is joining the OmniSeq Genomic Network, an organization of institutions being formed to help define the future of advanced genomic diagnostics for cancer.
- State OKs health insurance rate increases
The state Department of Financial Services on Friday announced health insurance rates for 2016, including increases for the Rochester area’s two largest insurers ranging from roughly 5.75 percent to nearly 16 percent.
- URMC wins $1.65M grant for nurse practitioner residency
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Department of Family Medicine has won a $1.65 million grant to fund creation of nurse practitioner residency, URMC officials said Wednesday.
- UR Medical Faculty Group taps financial expert
The University of Rochester Medical Faculty Group has named Daniel Cavallo as its senior financial director, officials announced Tuesday.