Health Care News
- Board to hold health care career event
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc. will host its 5th Annual Healthcare Career Exploration Day on Tuesday at Finger Lakes Community College in Canandaigua.
- Rochester doc receives Golisano Global Health Leadership Award
A doctor from Rochester is among seven people worldwide honored Monday with the first Golisano Global Health Leadership Awards for their work providing health care to people with intellectual disabilities.
- Key health care agency gets rebranding
Finger Lakes Health Systems Agency, a key player in health care here and statewide, has changed its name to Common Ground Health
- Carestream leader drives productIn the medical imaging equipment market, Carestream Health Inc. is a relatively small player. Jianqing Bennett plans to change that.
- iCardiac rolls out
iCardiac Technologies Inc. has launched QPoint, a platform that supports the growing need for electronic clinical outcome assessment services, known as eCOA, in drug development.
- Valeant deal with EyeGate bolsters B&L offerings
Bausch & Lomb Inc. parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. has signed an agreement giving the eye-care company exclusive rights to manufacture and market EyeGate Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s post-eye surgery products, officials of the companies said Tuesday.
- Entrepreneur discovers product a tough sell
- Honorees chosen for achievement in health care
- RCare looks to expand with international push
- Honorees selected for 2017 Health Care Achievement Awards
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—have been selected as recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2017 Health Care Achievement Awards. This year’s group is the 15th to receive the awards.
- URMC television ad to debut during the Super Bowl on Sunday
The University of Rochester Medical Center produced a TV ad to debut during the Super Bowl LI on Sunday between the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots.
- Taking leadership to heart
- Russell Phillips wins contract for 60 hospitals
Russell Phillips & Associates LLC has won a contract to do emergency-preparedness surveys for 60 Pacific Northwest hospitals.
- Rochester stays pessimistic in upstate survey
- Dealing with anger less of a stigma for men these days
- For time-pressed athletes, 30 minutes does the trick
- Program at URMC to get $9 million from CDC
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Emerging Infections Program is in line for up to $9 million in federal money, URMC officials said Tuesday.
- ACA repeal and unintended consequences
The risks of repealing the ACA without a plan to take its place are just too great.
- Adarza BioSystems of Henrietta raises $17 million in financing round
Adarza BioSystems Inc., a Henrietta-based company, has raised $17 million in its Series C financing round, officials said Friday.
- Carestream wins patents in U.S., internationally
Carestream Health Inc. won 43 new U.S. patents and 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries in 2016, Carestream officials said Tuesday.