Health Care News
- Excellus awards area hospitals quality-incentive payments
- B&L parent Valeant shares jump on news of deal to buy Salix
Sent sharply higher by Sunday’s news that it plans to acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares on Monday continued to hold ground they gained at the market’s opening bell.
- Nazareth, URMC, others to research medical device
- Geneva doctor puts blood on pages of novel
- Carestream tries to recoup recall costs
- Anesthesiologist gets two-year sentence in phony-billing scheme
A Buffalo-area anesthesiologist, convicted last year of filing a false tax return and mail-fraud charges linked to a scheme to bilk University of Rochester Medical Center hospitals out $1.5 million, on Wednesday drew a two-year sentence.
- Rochester Clinical Research names new president
Rochester Clinical Research Inc. has promoted Adam Larrabee to the position of president.
- Agency staff soars
- Brighton firm expands to new practice areas
- $15M rehab slated for site
- Honorees picked for achievement in health care
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—have been selected as recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2015 Health Care Achievement Awards. This year’s group is the 13th to receive the awards.
- Nazareth, URMC, others to research physical therapy device
Nazareth College, the University of Rochester Medical Center, Monroe Community Hospital and Ohio State University plan to join forces in a research project to test Gorbel Medical’s SafeGait physical therapy device, officials of the organizations said Thursday.
- VirtualScopics makes changes to board of directors
VirtualScopics Inc. has announced two appointments to—and one departure from—its board of directors.
- Maximus Inc. to lay off 52 workers in Pittsford
- Cuomo's Medicaid Redesign Team is full steam ahead for reform
- Carestream to donate equipment to RIT program
Carestream Health Inc. plans to donate ultrasound systems worth $1 million to Rochester Institute of Technology, officials said Thursday.
- Foundation donates $1 million for new UR building
The William and Mildred Levine Foundation is donating $1 million to support construction of a new University of Rochester Medical Center building slated to house a pediatric autism clinic, URMC officials said Monday.
- Budget bill includes $122.4 million for local VA project
The just-passed federal budget bill includes $122.4 million to help fund an ambitious expansion of the Veterans Affairs’ Canandaigua health care campus, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said Monday.