Health Care News
- Annual awards honor achievement in health care
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—were honored Tuesday at the Rochester Business Journal’s 2015 Health Care Achievement Awards luncheon. This year’s honorees are the 13th group to receive the awards.
- Wilmot Cancer Institute to build facility in Geneva
The University of Rochester Medical Center’s Wilmot Cancer Institute plans to build a new outpatient cancer treatment facility in Ontario County, officials said.
- Physician Group Practices
- Breaking the cycle
Rochester is known for having an extremely philanthropic, resource-rich populace, yet we maintain a large gap between the rich and the poor.
- VisualDx to move downtown
- Borg & Ide, Excellus continue negotiating
- B&L helps Valeant deliver strong '14 results
- CEO embraces her new challenge
At Visiting Nurse Service, Jane Shukitis runs a $60 million home care operation with 900 employees
- Excellus awards area hospitals quality-incentive payments
Eight Rochester-area hospitals are among 45 upstate facilities receiving cash awards under an Excellus BlueCross BlueShield program to encourage quality improvements, Excellus officials said Tuesday.
- B&L parent Valeant shares jump on news of deal to buy Salix
Sent sharply higher by Sunday’s news that it plans to acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares on Monday continued to hold ground they gained at the market’s opening bell.
- Nazareth, URMC, others to research medical device
- Geneva doctor puts blood on pages of novel
- Carestream tries to recoup recall costs
- Anesthesiologist gets two-year sentence in phony-billing scheme
A Buffalo-area anesthesiologist, convicted last year of filing a false tax return and mail-fraud charges linked to a scheme to bilk University of Rochester Medical Center hospitals out $1.5 million, on Wednesday drew a two-year sentence.
- Rochester Clinical Research names new president
Rochester Clinical Research Inc. has promoted Adam Larrabee to the position of president.
- Agency staff soars
- Brighton firm expands to new practice areas
- $15M rehab slated for site