Health Care News
- Berk to step down as URMC CEO
to head new research institute
University of Rochester Medical Center CEO Bradford Berk M.D. plans to step down at the end of the year to establish and head a new UR research organization, the Rochester Neurorestorative Institute, officials said Wednesday. Mark Taubman M.D., dean of the School of Medicine and Dentistry, will take over as medical center CEO.
- MVP Health Care to discontinue two Medicare Advantage plans
Pressed by continuing cuts in Medicare Advantage reimbursements, MVP Health Care is dropping two such plans, CEO Denise Gonick said Tuesday.
- Medication technician admits to stealing narcotics
A Rochester medication technician has pleaded guilty to stealing some 650 prescription narcotics from patients at the Heather Heights assisted living facility in Pittsford, officials said Friday.
- Urgent Care Centers
Ranked by number of annual patient visits
- Retirement Communities
Ranked by number of units
- Strong West conversion to ED approved by state health officials
State officials have green-lighted Strong West’s conversion from an urgent care center to a freestanding emergency department, University of Rochester Medical Center officials said Monday.
- Fine Trust makes $2 million gift to UR
A $2 million gift from the Robert H. Fine Trust will establish the third University of Rochester endowed chair in the Fine family’s name, UR Medical Center officials said Monday.
- UR receives $3.7 million for cancer research
The University of Rochester has received $3.7 million in federal funding to conduct clinical trials aimed at improving cancer control and protection.
- Ill.-based firm to open facility in Brockport, employ 40
An Illinois-based medical supplies company plans to open a 260,000-square-foot distribution center in Brockport.
- Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab Practices
Ranked by number of licensed physical therapists
- RGHS-Unity merger clears final regulatory hurdle
The Federal Trade Commission has cleared the way for Rochester General Health System and Unity Health System to merge.
- Physician Group Practices
Ranked by number of M.D.'s
Ranked by total full-time personnel
- Workspace design morphs, reflects corporate culture
- State OKs URMC's application for Brockport surgery center
State officials have given the green light to the University of Rochester Medical Center’s application for a Brockport ambulatory surgery center, URMC officials said Thursday.
- Dental Practices
Ranked by number of dentists.
- Home Health Care Agencies
The survey contacted home health care agencies in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- Schumer urges J&J CEO to retain unit's jobs
Sen. Charles Schumer said Tuesday he had a positive discussion with Johnson & Johnson CEO Alex Gorsky over the New Jersey-based company’s previously announced intention to reevaluate the status of its Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc. unit.
- Cooper Cos. shares drop after Q4 earnings miss
Shares of Cooper Cos. Inc. stock sank some 6 percent by midday Friday after the company’s fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted earnings missed expectations.
- Finding joy in someone else's misery can be tricky
Any reform plan that truly targets what ails the U.S. health system will be disruptive.