Health Care News
- Rochester Regional Health to create $26M center in Irondequoit
Aided by a $5 million Riedman Foundation gift, Rochester Regional Health is planning a $26 million ambulatory care center in Irondequoit.
- Planned Parenthood names regional president, CEO
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York has named Michele Casey president and CEO, Planned Parenthood officials said this week.
- Fidelis Care expands Rochester presence, adds staff
Fidelis Care plans to significantly ramp up its Rochester-area presence, significantly expanding its local administrative offices, officials of the health insurer said Wednesday.
- Bridge Art Gallery at URMC serves dual purpose
- FDA approves Carestream system for U.S. sales
The Food and Drug Administration has green lighted Carestream Health Care Inc.’s new OnSight 3D Extremity System for U.S. sales, company officials said Thursday.
- URMC research team wins $2.3 million grant
A University of Rochester Medical Center research team has won a $2.3 million Department of Defense grant to investigate a new way of limiting secondary damage in stroke, cardiac arrest patients.
- NLRB allows graduate students to unionize
- Medical industry sees room for improvement in ACA
- New York premium increases approved for 2017
- YourCare opens enrollment center downtown
YourCare Health Plan Inc. marked the grand opening of a new downtown Rochester Enrollment Center Wednesday morning.
- Urgent Care Centers
- Retirement Communities
- Finger Lakes Gastroenterology joins FLH Medical
Finger Lakes Gastroenterology has joined FLH Medical P.C., Finger Lakes Health’s affiliated physician network.
- B&L parent's shares jump 25% after second-quarter report
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares were trading nearly 25 percent higher Tuesday afternoon on the Quebec-based Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent’s release of its second-quarter results.
- MCC launching homeland security program
Monroe Community College has announced a new certificate and degree program to begin this fall in homeland security.
- Surgical procedure has improved outcomes
- Some conditions carry unexpected heart risks
- Heart malfunctions can occur in various ways
- iCardiac CEO named to list
Alex Zapesochny, CEO of iCardiac Technologies Inc., has been named to the 12th annual PharmaVOICE 100 list.
- St. John Fisher pharmacy school accredited
Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College has received accreditation for eight years from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, the national agency for the accreditation of professional degree programs in pharmacy.