- Rochester drivers 149th for safety on wet roads
Rochester ranks 149th out of the 200 largest cities for collision frequency during precipitation, according to a report issued by Allstate Insurance Co.
- Weighing the costs, benefits of cyberinsurance
- Medicaid-related firm refiles lawsuit
- Fidelis Care expands Rochester presence, adds staff
Fidelis Care plans to significantly ramp up its Rochester-area presence, significantly expanding its local administrative offices, officials of the health insurer said Wednesday.
- Census: 92.9 percent in N.Y. had health insurance in 2015
- New York premium increases approved for 2017
- Care plan sues in split-up
- Excellus resource center reopens with expanded offerings June 1
The Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Resource Center in Greece, which opened in October last year for a few months to serve individuals with questions related to Medicare, expands its services beginning Wednesday.
- Buffalo insurance agency acquires Don Allen Agency of Pittsford
Buffalo insurance agency Walsh Duffield Cos. Inc. has acquired Don Allen Agency Inc. in Pittsford. A total of 21 employees are joining Walsh Duffield from the Don Allen Agency, which brings its workforce in Rochester to 28 employees.
- Insurance Auto Auctions opens facility Genesee County
Insurance Auto Auctions Inc. has opened a facility in Bergen, Genesee County.
- Blues have $2.36 million payments for uncashed checks
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is holding $2.36 million in unclaimed payments that should have been made to subscribers in 2012, Blues officials said Monday.
- Lawley begins office expansion
Lawley is breaking ground on a newly expanded Rochester office. The insurance broker has started the expansion of its North Union Street office, adding 2,000 square feet to its current office.
- Areas among least expensive spots in N.Y. for car insurance
Geneva, Webster and Fairport are among the 10 least expensive places in New York to get car insurance, a new report from ValuePenguin shows.
- Excellus reports rebound to black ink in 2015
- Excellus ends use of A.M. Best bond rating service
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and its wholly owned for-profit subsidiary MedAmerica Inc. are pulling out of A.M. Best Co.’s bond rating service.
- Commercial Insurance Firms
- Buffalo-based firm acquires Pittsford insurance agency
Buffalo insurance agency Walsh Duffield Cos. Inc. has acquired Pittsford agency Barry York Inc.