- Excellus resource center reopens with expanded offerings June 1
The Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Resource Center in Greece, which opened in October last year for a few months to serve individuals with questions related to Medicare, expands its services beginning Wednesday.
- Buffalo insurance agency acquires Don Allen Agency of Pittsford
Buffalo insurance agency Walsh Duffield Cos. Inc. has acquired Don Allen Agency Inc. in Pittsford. A total of 21 employees are joining Walsh Duffield from the Don Allen Agency, which brings its workforce in Rochester to 28 employees.
- Insurance Auto Auctions opens facility Genesee County
Insurance Auto Auctions Inc. has opened a facility in Bergen, Genesee County.
- Blues have $2.36 million payments for uncashed checks
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is holding $2.36 million in unclaimed payments that should have been made to subscribers in 2012, Blues officials said Monday.
- Lawley begins office expansion
Lawley is breaking ground on a newly expanded Rochester office. The insurance broker has started the expansion of its North Union Street office, adding 2,000 square feet to its current office.
- Areas among least expensive spots in N.Y. for car insurance
Geneva, Webster and Fairport are among the 10 least expensive places in New York to get car insurance, a new report from ValuePenguin shows.
- Excellus reports rebound to black ink in 2015
- Excellus ends use of A.M. Best bond rating service
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and its wholly owned for-profit subsidiary MedAmerica Inc. are pulling out of A.M. Best Co.’s bond rating service.
- Commercial Insurance Firms
- Buffalo-based firm acquires Pittsford insurance agency
Buffalo insurance agency Walsh Duffield Cos. Inc. has acquired Pittsford agency Barry York Inc.
- Tompkins Insurance acquires Batavia firm
Tompkins Insurance Agencies Inc. has completed the acquisition of Shepard, Maxwell & Hale Insurance, a move officials say will strengthen company’s presence in Western New York and grow its client base.
- Rochester couple charged with insurance fraud
A Rochester couple stands accused of bilking clients of their insurance agency out of some $167,000.
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Renew U.S. tax credits for solar energy
New York is setting an example for the future of American energy by updating its electric industry.