- Insurance Auto Auctions opens facility Genesee County
Insurance Auto Auctions Inc. has opened a facility in Bergen, Genesee County.
- Blues have $2.36 million payments for uncashed checks
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield is holding $2.36 million in unclaimed payments that should have been made to subscribers in 2012, Blues officials said Monday.
- Lawley begins office expansion
Lawley is breaking ground on a newly expanded Rochester office. The insurance broker has started the expansion of its North Union Street office, adding 2,000 square feet to its current office.
- Areas among least expensive spots in N.Y. for car insurance
Geneva, Webster and Fairport are among the 10 least expensive places in New York to get car insurance, a new report from ValuePenguin shows.
- Excellus reports rebound to black ink in 2015
- Excellus ends use of A.M. Best bond rating service
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and its wholly owned for-profit subsidiary MedAmerica Inc. are pulling out of A.M. Best Co.’s bond rating service.
- Commercial Insurance Firms
- Buffalo-based firm acquires Pittsford insurance agency
Buffalo insurance agency Walsh Duffield Cos. Inc. has acquired Pittsford agency Barry York Inc.
- Tompkins Insurance acquires Batavia firm
Tompkins Insurance Agencies Inc. has completed the acquisition of Shepard, Maxwell & Hale Insurance, a move officials say will strengthen company’s presence in Western New York and grow its client base.
- Rochester couple charged with insurance fraud
A Rochester couple stands accused of bilking clients of their insurance agency out of some $167,000.
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Renew U.S. tax credits for solar energy
New York is setting an example for the future of American energy by updating its electric industry.
- The Record
- State OKs health insurance rate increases
The state Department of Financial Services on Friday announced health insurance rates for 2016, including increases for the Rochester area’s two largest insurers ranging from roughly 5.75 percent to nearly 16 percent.
- The Record