- New York ranks among worst states for tax climate
New York State is the second worst state to do business because of its taxes, a new report from the Tax Foundation shows.
- Most local stocks end Q2 on upward trajectory
- Report: Xerox may merge with R.R. Donnelley
Xerox Corp. stock was trading up Tuesday after Bloomberg reported it is in talks to acquire R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. R.R. Donnelley’s stocks rose, as well.
- OppenheimerFunds names new leaders here; Loughran to retire
Daniel Loughran will be retiring as the longtime leader of OppenheimerFunds Inc.-Rochester Division investment team, the firm announced Thursday.
- City retains Moody's credit rating
The city of Rochester has received a boost in the form of a high credit rating, with Moody’s Investors Services acknowledging, in a report released on Monday, the city’s efforts to promote strong fiscal management.
- Excellus ends use of A.M. Best bond rating service
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and its wholly owned for-profit subsidiary MedAmerica Inc. are pulling out of A.M. Best Co.’s bond rating service.
- Rochester Top 100: Timely investments set company up to soar
- Stocks finish '15 with slow growth in Q4
- SBA Lenders
- Half think market will rise over year
Fifty percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll predict the stock market is headed for a rise over the next 12 months. Of those, 14 percent see a double-digit rise. Nearly a quarter of respondents say the market will be flat.
- Credit Unions
- Big move set for Main St.
- Former financial adviser Galan pleads guilty in federal court
Former Brockport financial adviser Eduardo Galan on Monday pleaded guilty to two felony counts in federal court, admitting to having bilked 38 area investors in a Ponzi scheme that ran from 2005 to 2013.
- Report shows N.Y. small-business owners upbeat
Small-business owners in New York have a positive outlook for business prospects over the next six months, but hiring plans are down, a new report from American Express Open shows.
- Are investments in oil too risky at any price?
- CPA Firms
Ranked by number of local CPAs