- Former First Niagara Financial Group CEO tees it up
- Downtown’s revival gets praise, optimism
- Impact Capital to start reviewing investment opportunities
A new Upstate New York investment fund started by a group of regional business executives last year announced plans Tuesday to begin reviewing investment opportunities immediately.
- Cobblestone eyes launch of third fund in spring
- Busier downtown attracts millennials from suburbs
- Commercial real estate on the march downtown
- 2016 shows folly of pundit predictions
- Fresh ideas help banks attract customers into branches
- Finally, bankers foresee return to normal interest rates
- Edward Shill takes the lead at investment firm
- Former investment adviser sentenced to prison
An area investment adviser, once targeted by the Securities and Exchange Commission for alleged improper securities sales but never charged in that alleged scheme, has drawn a year in prison for failure to file federal tax returns.
- Two of oldest companies here plan to combine
- Federal agency moves to seize $6.3M from Eber
- Retirement at risk
- Snap Poll: Most predict bullish stock market in '17
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll are optimistic about the stock market in 2017. And more than two-thirds are generally optimistic about the U.S. economy.
- Trading room gives business students a leg up
- Report: Many in Monroe County unprepared for retirement
Generation Xers and baby boomers in Monroe County are struggling to afford basic necessities and are unprepared for retirement, a new report from AARP New York and Siena College suggests.
- New York ranks among worst states for tax climate
New York State is the second worst state to do business because of its taxes, a new report from the Tax Foundation shows.
- Most local stocks end Q2 on upward trajectory
- Report: Xerox may merge with R.R. Donnelley
Xerox Corp. stock was trading up Tuesday after Bloomberg reported it is in talks to acquire R.R. Donnelley & Sons Co. R.R. Donnelley’s stocks rose, as well.