- Q1 economic net income rises 11% at Manning & Napier
Manning & Napier Inc. reported first-quarter economic net income of $27.6 million, up 11 percent from a year ago.
- 5Linx generates $6.7M return for retirement fund
5Linx Enterprises Inc. has generated an estimated $6.7 million return, nearly four times the initial investment, for the New York State Common Retirement Fund, the state comptroller said Thursday.
- Business News & Information in the Big Apple
NYC is the commercial epicentre of the world. Terabytes of news and information flow from New York City each and every minute and big business rules the roost.
- DiNapoli projects securities industry profits to dip
Higher interest rates, litigation costs and uncertainty surrounding the federal government could temper earnings in the securities industry in the second half of 2013, state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli said Tuesday.
- Brokerage Firms
Ranked by number of local workers
- Money Managers
Information was provided by individual money management firms that responded to an email or fax survey. Ranked by total assets managed locally as of Dec. 31, 2012
- COMIDA OKs breaks for I-Square, ITT site and apartment projects
An entity of Rochester real estate development firm Mark IV Enterprises was approved for tax breaks Tuesday on its $7.5 million plan to renovate Alexandrian Apartments on the East End for mixed use.
- Reports: Bausch & Lomb hires Goldman to explore sale
Bausch & Lomb Inc. appears to be on the market. The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg report the company has hired investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to explore a sale after receiving informal expressions of interest from several large health care companies. The articles cite unnamed people familiar with the matter. The eye-care company reportedly is hoping to command a price of at least $10 billion.
- Local stocks outpace indexes in third quarter
- Sooner or later: What's the best time to claim Social Security?
- Soon-to-expire legislation re-ignites interest in irrevocable trusts
- Kodak expects to post positive cash flow in '13
- Waterford Group nears its $100 million target
- Equity funds struggle in tough second quarter
- Stocks see declines in rough second quarter
- Firms offer planning events for Kodak employees, retirees
Two area wealth management firms are planning free events for Eastman Kodak Co. employees and retirees who may have questions in light of recent news of the firm’s uncertain future.
- Local stocks get hammered in third quarter
- Van Dusen starts her own firm
- Moody's cut ratings on Eastman Kodak
Fitch Ratings on Wednesday lowered several debt ratings for Eastman Kodak Co., following Tuesday’s news that Moody’s Investors Service Inc. had downgraded its ratings across the board on the company.
- Shares fall 23 percent after Kodak taps credit line
Shares of Eastman Kodak Co. stock tumbled to near its 52-week low Monday. The company on Friday drew $160 million from its credit line to use for general corporate purposes, Kodak disclosed in a filing with the SEC late Friday.