- Snap Poll: Fantasy sports sites violate law, most say
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel violate New York law on gambling. More than half also say the state law should not be changed to define daily fantasy sports as legal games of skill.
- Anti-casino group wants court to halt Lago construction
An anti-casino property owners group in the Seneca County town of Tyre are calling for a court order to halt construction of Wilmorite Inc.’s $425 million Lago Resort and Casino project.
- Mission investing comes to the fore with recent announcements
- Hong Kong firm seeks $1 million from Tan company Dynamax Imaging
A Hong Kong company says murdered Dynamax Imaging LLC CEO Liang Tan had refused to repay some $1 million the Canandaigua firm borrowed in a series of loans dating to 2013.
- Fast grower hits Chapter 11
- Anti-casino group files new lawsuit challenging project
Local residents opposed to Wimorite Inc.’s plans to build a casino in the Seneca County town of Tyre have thrown a new roadblock in the way of the $425 million Lago Resort & Casino project.
- State to get $8.5M in settlement over alleged Medicaid overcharges
New York will see $8.5 million as its share of a $54 million settlement over alleged Medicaid overcharges by the prescription drug companies AstraZenca L.P. and Israel-based Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Cephalon Inc. U.S. unit, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Wednesday.
- Bankruptcy filings climb nearly 11 percent in October
A double-digit uptick in new bankruptcy filings last month was not enough to push the Rochester area’s year-to-date bankruptcy statistics into positive territory.
- Dealer sues IDA over road
- Jail medical provider sues predecessor for reimbursement
- Fast Start: She's at home in the legal field
- Bausch & Lomb files suit to protect vitamin
- State, U.S. courts aim to reduce costs of litigation
Business owners could benefit from recent efforts to lower litigation costs.
- Protect your consumers' privacy from mass telemarketing
- Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
- Best Lawyers® in Rochester -- 2016 Edition
- More about Best Lawyers® and Woodward/White Inc.
- FBI adds twist to dispute
- Flour City firms face legal clash over the name
- Relationship triangle draws third party into perilous waters