- Pactech Packaging receiving industry honor
Ogden-based Pactech Packaging LLC is being honored this week by the Flexible Packaging Association for a product the firm co-developed.
- VirtualScopics posts bigger loss for Q4, year
VirtualScopics Inc. on Thursday reported a net loss for the fourth quarter of $1.1 million, or 38 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $1 million, or 35 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year ago.
- B&L helps Valeant deliver strong '14 results
- Affordable Furniture owner charged with tax fraud
An area furniture store owner accused of pocketing sales tax that should have been turned over to the state is charged with tax evasion.
- B&L parent Valeant shares jump on news of deal to buy Salix
Sent sharply higher by Sunday’s news that it plans to acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares on Monday continued to hold ground they gained at the market’s opening bell.
- Carestream tries to recoup recall costs
- IEC to submit plan of compliance to NYSE
IEC Electronics Corp. plans to submit a plan of compliance to the New York Stock Exchange after receiving a letter from the exchange stating the company was not in compliance with certain regulations.
- Conditions for N.Y. manufacturers improve modestly
Business activity continued to expand at a modest pace in February for New York manufacturers, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey reports.
- Former IEC president named CEO
IEC Electronics Corp.’s former number-two executive is now its CEO. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the electronics manufacturer named Jeffrey Schlarbaum as president and CEO.
- Panel, leaders optimistic for area economy
- RBJ Daily
- Ultralife reports jump in net income, dip in revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday its net income jumped to $853,000 from $69,000.
- National publication features Rochester distributing company
Regional Distributors Inc. has made the cover of the January/February edition of the national Maintenance Sales News magazine.
- Kodak Alaris names leader to oversee Greater China operations
Kodak Alaris Inc. named a new managing director to lead the firm’s business in Greater China. Frank Le will also be responsible for designing and executing the business strategy.
- BioWorks upgrades manufacturing, laboratory space
Victor-based BioWorks Inc. has upgraded its manufacturing areas and laboratory space to increase safety, efficiency and employee engagement and satisfaction, the company said Tuesday.
- Yancy's Fancy gets grants from National Grid for expansion
National Grid PLC has awarded grants of up to $350,000 to Yancey’s Fancy Inc.’s Genesee County operations.
- New IEC Electronics board terminates CEO Gilbert
IEC Electronics Corp.’s new board of directors has terminated CEO Barry Gilbert, a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission states. The termination took effect immediately, the filing Friday evening states.
- Harris to acquire Exelis in $4.75B deal; firms employ 3,250 here
Harris Corp. is acquiring Exelis Inc. in a $4.75 billion cash and stock deal expected to close in June. The companies are two of the region’s largest manufacturers.