- Conditions improve slightly for N.Y. manufacturers in May
Conditions improved slightly for New York manufacturers in May, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Ryco expands as demand grows
- Kodak Q1 loss grows, revenues drop
Eastman Kodak Co. reported a bigger first-quarter net loss as its revenues declined.
- RF sales down, operating income up; Exelis deal eyed for June
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications business reported a slight drop in third-quarter revenues, but an increase in operating income.
- RF Communications to get portion of $3.89B Army contract
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications business has been awarded a portion of a $3.89 billion, 10-year contract with the U.S. Army for its radios, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, announced.
- LiDestri, U.K. firm to form $17M joint venture for beets
LiDestri Foods Inc. is partnering with a United Kingdom-based firm to create Love Beets USA LLC, a $17 million Rochester-based joint manufacturing venture.
- Uni-Pixel ends joint activities with Kodak
Uni-Pixel Inc. has ended its partnership with Eastman Kodak Co. Kodak plans to move forward on its own with the development of the touch screen technology.
- Xerox sales, profit down in Q1, matches expectations
Xerox Corp. stock was trading down roughly 10 percent Friday after the company reported first-quarter financial results in-line with analyst estimates, but saw profit and revenue decline. The company also lowered its outlook for earnings for the year.
- Optimax president to participate in White House summit
A local business leader is participating in a White House national summit Friday focused on the need to “upskill” America’s workforce.
- Schumer says DOT proposal would hurt area manufacturers
Sen. Charles Schumer is urging the U.S. Department of Transportation to reconsider and clarify a proposal that could hurt Rochester-area manufacturers of buses and trains and put hundreds of jobs at risk.
- State site lists record number of available jobs
A record number of available jobs have been posted on the New York State Jobs Express website, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Harris gives early look at Q3 results
Harris Corp. announced Tuesday preliminary fiscal third-quarter financial results, in order to expand timing options for completing the permanent debt financing for its pending acquisition of Exelis Inc.
- RF Communications gets $74 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications has received $74 million in orders from an undisclosed international customer to deliver tactical radios as the next phase of the country’s tactical communications modernization program.
- Vuzix acquires pair of patents
Vuzix Corp. has acquired two patents for an undisclosed price. One patent covers gesture controls of 3-D virtual objects; the other focuses on ambient light management in see-through wearable displays.
- Export-supported jobs increasing
- Conditions decline for N.Y. manufacturers, report shows
Business activity was flat for New York manufacturers in April, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Graham Corp. sees 6 percent rise in orders for FY2015
Graham Corp. was awarded $136.5 million in orders during fiscal 2015, which is up 6 percent from orders logged in fiscal 2014, the Batavia firm said.
- Black Button Distilling expands operations
Black Button Distilling is expanding its capabilities as well as its staff to keep up with increased demand.
- Corning, OLEDWorks ink agreement
Corning Inc. announced an agreement Monday with OLEDWorks LLC, a Rochester-based company.