- Harris reorganizes segments; Mehnert gets new role
Harris Corp. announced Wednesday it will reorganize its business segments as a result of its recent acquisition of Exelis Inc.
- Excel Machines donates equipment to FLCC program
A local distributor of advanced machine tools has donated equipment worth $82,500 for use in the Finger Lakes Community College advanced manufacturing machinist training program at ITT Goulds Pumps Inc. in Seneca Falls.
- Thank your employees, and help them thank others
- CooperVision parent's earnings drop in second quarter
Cooper Cos. Inc. posted a drop in profit for the second-quarter. The company, which owns CooperVision Inc., Tuesday reported net income of $60.7 million or $1.23 a diluted share.
- SentrySafe plant to close, costing 350 local jobs
Less than a year after acquiring SentrySafe, its owner is closing the local plant by next summer in a move that will affect some 350 local workers.
- Slaughter visits Lumetrics to tout Export-Import Bank
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, toured Lumetrics Inc. Monday in an effort to highlight the need for action to save the Export-Import Bank, which will lose its authority to issue business loans on June 30 unless Congress acts.
- Big move set for Main St.
- Pictometry parent EagleView to be acquired by California firm
EagleView Technology Corp.—parent of EagleView Technologies Inc. and Pictometry International Corp.—will be acquired by San Francisco-based Vista Equity Partners to help bolster growth, officials announced Tuesday. The deal is expected to close later this year.
- CFO to leave Constellation Brands
Constellation Brands Inc. soon will soon have a new chief financial officer, with its current CFO leaving the company.
- Impact of RBJ 75 more than payroll alone
The top employers also are big purchasers of local goods, services
- RBJ 75: New economy built on knowledge creation
- Global journey began with Kate Gleason
- Going from a tiny shop to an industry leader
- CEO sees acquisitions, overseas expansion
- BlackBox Biometrics gets $9.4 million defense contract
Henrietta-based BlackBox Biometrics Inc. has received a $9.4 million contract from the Department of Defense, Rep. Louise Slaughter announced Thursday.
- Harris RF gets $55M order from Australian Defence Force
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications business in Rochester has received a $55 million order to provide the Australian Defence Force with technical and logistics support for its tactical radios.
- At work, embracing wellness as a way of life
- The Loop
- Harris completes $4.75 billion acquisition of Exelis
Harris Corp. completed its acquisition of Exelis Inc. on Friday. The deal combines two companies that together generate $8 billion in annual revenue and employ more than 3,200 workers in the Rochester region.