- Kodak assets, Alibaba investment behind new e-commerce firm
Eastman Kodak Co. announced Thursday that a new e-commerce company, eApeiron Partners LLC, has launched, created chiefly from some Kodak assets along with an investment from China-based Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Next Xerox CEO highlights key role of Rochester-area operations
On his first business trip since being named the next CEO of Xerox Corp., Jeff Jacobson visited Monroe County to meet with employees and customers and to underscore the importance of local operations to the company.
- Jacobson named to become CEO of Xerox after company splits
Xerox Corp. has named Jeff Jacobson to become its CEO following the completion of the company’s planned separation into two publicly traded companies. He currently serves as president of Xerox Technology.
- IEC gets multimillion dollar contract from defense firm
IEC Electronics Corp. has been awarded a three-year, $10.2 million contract.
- Communications Systems receives $1.7 billion contract
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems business in Rochester has received a contract for up to $1.7 billion from the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command to supply secure tactical communication products.
- RIT named partner in Smart Manufacturing Leadership Coalition
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Golisano Institute for Sustainability has been named the academic partner in a new manufacturing initiative announced Monday by President Barack Obama.
- Kodak names new CFO as McMullen joins 3D printer firm
Eastman Kodak Co. has a new chief financial officer.
- Rochester Top 100: International sales pump up manufacturer
- Report gives N.Y. poor marks for manufacturing, tax climate
New York earned abysmal marks for its manufacturing, tax climate and other economic indicators in a new report from Ball State’s Center for Business and Economic Research.
- Monro shares fall after Q4 earnings, revenues misses
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. stocks were down more than $8 a share in early morning trading Thursday, after reporting fourth-quarter results that missed Street estimates.
- Jamestown Container to have 65 workers at Lyons site
The H.P. Neun Co. Inc. site in Lyons, Wayne County is not closing, but is, instead, part of Jamestown Container Cos. in an acquisition that goes into effect this month.
- No clearcut answer on employee, contractor question
- Kodak posts smaller first-quarter loss, decline in revenues
Eastman Kodak Co. on Thursday afternoon reported a smaller first-quarter net loss but also a double-digit percentage decline in revenues. The per-share loss was 43 cents, compared with a loss of $1.38 a share in the first quarter of 2015.
- Harris reports increase in Q3 profit, sales
Harris Corp. continues to benefit from its multibillion acquisition last year of Exelis Inc., reporting on Tuesday increases in its year-over-year third-quarter profit and sales.
- Harris unit receives $29 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems’ business has received two orders totaling $29 million to provide its tactical radios to an undisclosed customer in Europe.
- Companies serious about social responsibility
- Ultralife Corp. reports lower Q1 profit, higher revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a year-over-year drop in first quarter profit, along with an increase in sales.
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.
- Where light has long shined