- FluxData acquired by U.K. firm
FluxData Inc. has been acquired by Halma PLC, a United Kingdom-based safety, health and environmental safety group.
- RIT named core academic partner of new robotics institute
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Golisano Institute of Sustainability has been named as a core academic partner of the Advanced Robotics Manufacturing Innovation Hub announced by the Department of Defense.
- Sunnking's new equipment to boost profitability
Brockport-based Sunnking Inc. has purchased new equipment to help the firm become more efficient in dealing in end-of-life electronic equipment, officials said.
- Survey: Business activity grows for N.Y. manufacturers
Business activity continued to grow modestly in New York in January, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicates.
- Kodak to take restructuring charges related to Prosper business
Eastman Kodak Co. expects to take restructuring and related charges of $12 million to $17 million connected to its effort to streamline costs in its Prosper business as it continues to try to sell the operation, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission states.
- OptiPro Systems receives federal honor
OptiPro Systems LLC received the 2016 Tibbetts Award for its achievements in innovation and job creation as a participant in the federal Small Business Innovation Research program.
- B&L parent announces asset sales; stock lags
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. this week announced the first of what chairman and CEO Joseph Papa has promised will be a string of asset sales to help the company chip away at a mountain of debt.
- $140 million to fund RIT clean energy hub
- Ektachrome film to be brought back
Eastman Kodak Co. and Kodak Alaris Holdings Ltd. are bringing back the iconic Ektachrome film. Kodak will produce Ektachrome in Rochester.
- Xerox and Conduent split, begin trading separately
Xerox Corp. on Tuesday reported the completion its separation of Conduent Inc., creating two publicly traded companies. In Monroe County, Xerox employs some 5,500 workers; Conduent has slightly more than 600 local employees.
- FLCC to hold info sessions for training courses
Finger Lakes Community College will serve as host for information sessions in January for two courses that train people in skills in demand among advanced manufacturers in the region.
- Empire Precision Plastics buys assets of Advanced Mold & Tooling
Empire Precision Plastics in Rochester has purchased the assets of Advanced Mold & Tooling Inc. in Gates, a move that expands Empire’s tooling and manufacturing capabilities.
- Hoover named Xerox CTO
Xerox Corp. has named Stephen Hoover chief technology officer, effective Jan. 1, succeeding Sophie Vandebroek, who will retire at the end of this year.
- Eastman Business Park facility selected for AIM testing site
New York State Photonics Board of Officers’ announced Wednesday that it has selected ON Semiconductor’s Eastman Business Park facility as the site for the American Institute for Manufacturing Photonics’ Testing, Assembly and Packaging facility, the only such facility in the United States.
- Company makes first aid kits interactive
- Genesee & Wyoming beats 3Q earnings forecasts
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. this week reported solid third-quarter financials, beating street estimates for earnings, but falling short of revenue expectations.
- American Packaging to expand, build new facility in Chili
American Packaging Corp. is expanding its local operations, building a 350,000-square-foot facility in Chili that will retain 170 employees and create 104 construction jobs, Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office announced Wednesday.
- Rochester Top 100: Tough times helped shape the firm's success
- Trio of firms received 2016 Ethie Awards
The Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation on Monday night presented its 2016 Ethie Awards to Lewis Tree Service Inc., Tipping Point Communications Inc. and Triplett Machine Inc.
- Paychex expecting more strong growth