- Nominees sought for Canandaigua Athena Award
The Canandaigua Athena Steering Committee seeks nominees for its Canandaigua Athena Award and its Canandaigua Athena Young Professional Leadership Award.
- McAlpin to add site, jobs
A $6 million building to house a growing manufacturer and a sports complex is slated to open this fall in Walworth, Wayne County.
- Manufacturers, Part 1
- Manufacturers, Part 2
- Business conditions for N.Y. manufacturers decline
Business activity for manufacturers in New York declined slightly in August, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Doyle Security Systems acquires Syracuse firm's accounts
Doyle Security Systems Inc. has acquired Murphy’s Lock & Alarm Inc. ’s alarm accounts, marking the Henrietta-based company’s first Syracuse-area acquisition in a decade.
- Harris units here post mixed results for fourth quarter
Florida-based Harris Corp. on Tuesday reported mixed results at its local units for the fourth-quarter, with the communications segment posting drops in year-over-year sales and operating income, while the space and intelligence systems segment reported increases in each.
- EMA Design acquires Alabama company
EMA Design Automation Inc. has acquired Accelerated Designs Inc., adding its 7.2 million-part database to its offering for clients, officials announced Tuesday.
- Xerox tops Q2 expectations, gives update on planned split
Shares of Xerox Corp. were up Friday afternoon after the company beat Street estimates on second-quarter earnings per share and announced updated plans on its progress toward separating into two independent publicly traded companies.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Kodak assets, Alibaba investment behind new e-commerce firm
Eastman Kodak Co. announced Thursday that a new e-commerce company, eApeiron Partners LLC, has launched, created chiefly from some Kodak assets along with an investment from China-based Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Next Xerox CEO highlights key role of Rochester-area operations
On his first business trip since being named the next CEO of Xerox Corp., Jeff Jacobson visited Monroe County to meet with employees and customers and to underscore the importance of local operations to the company.
- Jacobson named to become CEO of Xerox after company splits
Xerox Corp. has named Jeff Jacobson to become its CEO following the completion of the company’s planned separation into two publicly traded companies. He currently serves as president of Xerox Technology.
- IEC gets multimillion dollar contract from defense firm
IEC Electronics Corp. has been awarded a three-year, $10.2 million contract.
- Communications Systems receives $1.7 billion contract
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems business in Rochester has received a contract for up to $1.7 billion from the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command to supply secure tactical communication products.
- RIT named partner in Smart Manufacturing Leadership Coalition
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Golisano Institute for Sustainability has been named the academic partner in a new manufacturing initiative announced Monday by President Barack Obama.
- Kodak names new CFO as McMullen joins 3D printer firm
Eastman Kodak Co. has a new chief financial officer.
- Rochester Top 100: International sales pump up manufacturer
- Report gives N.Y. poor marks for manufacturing, tax climate
New York earned abysmal marks for its manufacturing, tax climate and other economic indicators in a new report from Ball State’s Center for Business and Economic Research.