- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.
- Ultralife gets $8.2 million contract from Thales
Ultralife Corp. has been awarded an $8.2 million contract to supply its communications systems to Thales Defense & Security Inc.
- Gates location has GPI gearing up for growth
After a move to a new location, Global Precision Industries Inc. is gearing up and targeting annual sales of $13 million in the next five years.
- Slaughter voices support for manufacturing at GM plant tour
Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, is calling on Congress to support manufacturing businesses and job creation following a tour of General Motors Components Holdings LLC on Wednesday.
- Transcat acquires San Diego company
Transcat Inc. has acquired San Diego-based Anmar Metrology Inc.—a calibration and repair firm that targets the life science and defense markets—officials announced Monday.
- Finalists selected for 2015 Ethie Award
Four finalists have been chosen for the 2015 Ethie Award, an annual honor given to local businesses and organizations by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation.
- Manufacturers, Part 1
- Manufacturers, Part 2
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for $18M beet-processing facility
The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency approved Tuesday tax incentives for an $18 million project that is expected to create 89 jobs over the next three years.
- Constellation Brands acquires stake in Crafthouse Cocktails
Constellation Brands Inc. said Tuesday that it has acquired a minority stake in Crafthouse Cocktails, a producer of ready-to-drink, spirits-based cocktails.
- Survey finds conditions decline for New York manufacturers
Business activity declined for New York manufacturers in August, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Harris segment to bid for $7B in Army radio orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment is entering a bid for up to $7 billion in radio orders from the U.S. Army, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Friday.
- SBC selects award finalists
- Leaders at Fibertech pass the baton
- The Record
- China and the decline in U.S. manufacturing jobs
A significant part of the decline in U.S. manufacturing employment can be attributed to increasing import competition from China.
- RF Communications posts higher sales, operating income in Q4
The former RF Communications division of Harris Corp. posted increases in its fourth-quarter sales and operating income, driven by growth in its tactical communications’ business.
- IEC posts loss in third quarter, impacted by divestiture
IEC Electronics Corp. reported a third-quarter net loss Wednesday, due in part to the divestiture of its struggling California operation.
- Kodak posts smaller second-quarter loss, drop in revenues
Eastman Kodak Co. reported Tuesday that it sharply reduced its second-quarter net loss while revenues fell.