- Vuzix acquires pair of patents
Vuzix Corp. has acquired two patents for an undisclosed price. One patent covers gesture controls of 3-D virtual objects; the other focuses on ambient light management in see-through wearable displays.
- Conditions decline for N.Y. manufacturers, report shows
Business activity was flat for New York manufacturers in April, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Graham Corp. sees 6 percent rise in orders for FY2015
Graham Corp. was awarded $136.5 million in orders during fiscal 2015, which is up 6 percent from orders logged in fiscal 2014, the Batavia firm said.
- Black Button Distilling expands operations
Black Button Distilling is expanding its capabilities as well as its staff to keep up with increased demand.
- Corning, OLEDWorks ink agreement
Corning Inc. announced an agreement Monday with OLEDWorks LLC, a Rochester-based company.
- RF Communications receives $27 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications division has received $27 million in orders from the U.S. Special Operations Command for the company’s manpack and handheld tactical radios.
- Fifteen finalists are selected for annual award
Fifteen financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors have been selected as finalists for the 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year.
- FTC eyes impact of merger
- LeChase acquires Westchester County firm C.W. Brown
LeChase Construction Services LLC has acquired C.W. Brown Inc. in Armonk, Westchester County, for an undisclosed sum. Under the agreement, which took effect April 1, C.W. Brown will operate as a division of LeChase, with the same workforce and market focus.
- Allow staff to work at home but clarify expectations, limits
- Stepping stone
- Analysts expect sales, profits to jump in Q4
- Tartan Holdings acquires assets of Moog creates new firm
A new firm—iuvo BioScience LLC—was created last Friday through an acquisition by Tartan Holdings LLC. The new firm is led by former Bausch & Lomb Inc. executives Benjamin Burton and Mary Richardson.
- RF Communications gets $16M order from NATO nation
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester has received a $16 million order from an undisclosed NATO nation for radios from the company’s Falcon line of tactical radios.
- Vice president resigns from IEC Electronics
Newark, Wayne County, manufacturer IEC Electronics Corp. announced Monday the resignation of Brett Mancini, vice president of business development and engineering services, effective April 9.
- Work begins on $4M project for creamery
- NATO nation orders $25M in radios from RF Communications
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester has received a $25 million order from an undisclosed NATO nation for tactical radios.
- Kraft, with operations in Avon, to merge with Heinz
H.J. Heinz Co. and Kraft Foods Group Inc.—which has local operations—announced Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create the Kraft Heinz Co., forming the third-largest food and beverage company in North America.