- NATO nation orders $25M in radios from RF Communications
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division in Rochester has received a $25 million order from an undisclosed NATO nation for tactical radios.
- Kraft, with operations in Avon, to merge with Heinz
H.J. Heinz Co. and Kraft Foods Group Inc.—which has local operations—announced Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create the Kraft Heinz Co., forming the third-largest food and beverage company in North America.
- Paychex reports boost in profit, sales
Paychex Inc. reported $704.3 million in total revenue for its fiscal third quarter, beating analyst expectations and representing what company executives call “good progress” against sales initiatives.
- Gates firm Dayton Rogers to lay off most of its workers by summer
Dayton Rogers of New York LLC will lay off 35 of its 39 workers in Gates by mid-June, a filing with the state Department of Labor shows.
- Bully Hill takes gold in 2015 Best of the Web
- Kodak reports smaller fourth-quarter loss, decline in revenues
Eastman Kodak Co. posted a fourth-quarter net loss of $41 million, compared with a loss of $57 million a year ago. It logged sales of $529 million, down $80 million from the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Survey shows conditions improve slightly for N.Y. manufacturers
Business activity continued to expand at a modest pace for New York manufacturers in March, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Gleason breaks ground on manufacturing facility in India
Gleason Corp. has broken ground on a new manufacturing facility in Bangalore, India, to accommodate the company’s expanding product offerings and capabilities in that country.
- RF Communications gets $47 million order
Harris Corp’s RF Communications operation in Rochester has received a $47 million order for wideband radio systems from an undisclosed nation in the Middle East, as part of county’s continuing tactical communications modernization program.
- VisualDx to move downtown
- Torvec reports net loss, to focus on WAM Watch
Torvec Inc. continued to report losses in revenue and earnings in 2014 and has narrowed its development focus to two products, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- Pactech Packaging receiving industry honor
Ogden-based Pactech Packaging LLC is being honored this week by the Flexible Packaging Association for a product the firm co-developed.
- VirtualScopics posts bigger loss for Q4, year
VirtualScopics Inc. on Thursday reported a net loss for the fourth quarter of $1.1 million, or 38 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $1 million, or 35 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year ago.
- B&L helps Valeant deliver strong '14 results
- Affordable Furniture owner charged with tax fraud
An area furniture store owner accused of pocketing sales tax that should have been turned over to the state is charged with tax evasion.
- B&L parent Valeant shares jump on news of deal to buy Salix
Sent sharply higher by Sunday’s news that it plans to acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares on Monday continued to hold ground they gained at the market’s opening bell.
- Carestream tries to recoup recall costs
- IEC to submit plan of compliance to NYSE
IEC Electronics Corp. plans to submit a plan of compliance to the New York Stock Exchange after receiving a letter from the exchange stating the company was not in compliance with certain regulations.