- OFD Foods to build $25 million facility, add 30 jobs in Henrietta
A leading supplier of freeze-dried food to the U.S. Military plans to build a $25 million, 50,000-square-foot facility in Henrietta. The move is expected to add 30 local full-time jobs.
- Pollock and his team have Optimation growing again after Kingsburys demise
What a difference a few years make.
- Rochester Midland acquires company based in Georgia
Rochester Midland Corp. has acquired WellBeing Hygiene Inc. in an asset purchase.
- UK firm to add 80 jobs here
Ultra Electronics PLC will locate an $11 million shared services center at its Ontario County subsidiary, Flightline Electronics Inc.
- Kodak reports declines in Q4, posts profit for 2016
Eastman Kodak Co. on Tuesday reported its fourth-quarter profit declined 58 percent while its revenues fell 8 percent. But the company reported its first annual profit since emerging from bankruptcy.
- Grant program provides job training
A new federal grant program that covers the cost of tuition for two advanced manufacturing job training programs at Finger Lakes Community College is available to select students.
- Michael Pavia: Keeping his focus on imaging
It was more than a decade ago when members of the local optics community traveled to a trade event in San Diego and spent some free time riding the Pacific Ocean on boats that raced in the America’s Cup.
- Carestream leader drives productIn the medical imaging equipment market, Carestream Health Inc. is a relatively small player. Jianqing Bennett plans to change that.
- MCC program posts strong growth
Monroe Community College is helping local precision machining firms find skilled workers by training potential employees and getting them into the workforce faster than was done in the past.
- Hickey Freeman to add 50 jobs to factory here
Hickey Freeman Tailored Clothing Inc. will add 50 jobs to its Rochester factory to support a new clothing line for Trunk Club Inc., a Nordstrom Inc.-owned clothing service, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, announced Thursday.
- Entrepreneurial event to feature Optimax leaders
RocGrowth Candids—a bimonthly gathering of local entrepreneurs to share their lessons learned—will hold an event March 1 featuring Optimax Systems Inc.’s CEO Rick Plympton and President Mike Mandina.
- Kodak inks deal with French firm for tablets
Eastman Kodak Co. has selected France-based consumer electronics firm Archos S.A. as a brand licensee in the European tablet market.
- Can Trump bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs?
Trying to recreate the U.S. manufacturing sector of the 1950s and 1960s would be difficult and costly.
- Klein back at the helm
Joseph Klein is back at the helm of Klein Steel Service Inc. nearly 11 years after stepping back from the business to pursue other endeavors.
- Gleason buys Swiss software firm
Gleason Corp. has acquired KISSsoft AG, the Rochester manufacturing firm said Thursday. KISSsoft, based in Switzerland, develops design software for gears and power transmission systems.
- Survey reports uptick in NY manufacturing
Manufacturing firms in New York reported that business activity expanded at the fastest pace since 2014, according to this month’s Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey.
- IEC posts Q1 loss on sharp decline in sales
IEC Electronics Corp. posted lower revenues and a net loss for its fiscal first quarter.
- Harris segment receives contract worth up to $403 million
Harris Corp.'s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has been awarded a five-year contract that could reach $403 million from the Defense Logistics Agency for tactical radio spares and components.
- Guiding firm through changes
- New Xerox prepares for big product launch