- Lightower sees growth after acquisition
A year after completion of the $1.9 billion merger of Fibertech Networks LLC with Lightower Fiber Networks, one of Rochester’s largest telecommunications deals, the combined company is moving forward.
- Private Companies, Part 1
- Wegmans to use PET plastic for pasta sauce jars
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. this fall will begin bottling its Wegmans “Food You Feel Good About” pasta sauce in a jar made from lighter-weight PET plastic, the type used for water and soda bottles, officials announced Monday.
- European manufacturer to expand to Rochester, add 59 jobs
Seisenbacher Rail Interiors Inc., a manufacturer of rail car interiors, and a leading supplier of rail car interiors in Europe, is expanding into the U.S. market and has selected Rochester as its home base of manufacturing operations, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.
- Slaughter: Harris business here gets $33M federal contract
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems business in Rochester has been awarded a $33 million federal contract, Rep. Louise Slaughter said Monday.
- RIT to break new ground with video game
Rochester Institute of Technology is breaking new ground in the video game industry with a project students produced at the RIT Center for Media, Arts, Games, Interaction and Creativity.
- Star trackers
- Nominees sought for Canandaigua Athena Award
The Canandaigua Athena Steering Committee seeks nominees for its Canandaigua Athena Award and its Canandaigua Athena Young Professional Leadership Award.
- McAlpin to add site, jobs
A $6 million building to house a growing manufacturer and a sports complex is slated to open this fall in Walworth, Wayne County.
- Manufacturers, Part 1
- Manufacturers, Part 2
- Business conditions for N.Y. manufacturers decline
Business activity for manufacturers in New York declined slightly in August, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- Doyle Security Systems acquires Syracuse firm's accounts
Doyle Security Systems Inc. has acquired Murphy’s Lock & Alarm Inc. ’s alarm accounts, marking the Henrietta-based company’s first Syracuse-area acquisition in a decade.
- Harris units here post mixed results for fourth quarter
Florida-based Harris Corp. on Tuesday reported mixed results at its local units for the fourth-quarter, with the communications segment posting drops in year-over-year sales and operating income, while the space and intelligence systems segment reported increases in each.
- EMA Design acquires Alabama company
EMA Design Automation Inc. has acquired Accelerated Designs Inc., adding its 7.2 million-part database to its offering for clients, officials announced Tuesday.
- Xerox tops Q2 expectations, gives update on planned split
Shares of Xerox Corp. were up Friday afternoon after the company beat Street estimates on second-quarter earnings per share and announced updated plans on its progress toward separating into two independent publicly traded companies.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Kodak assets, Alibaba investment behind new e-commerce firm
Eastman Kodak Co. announced Thursday that a new e-commerce company, eApeiron Partners LLC, has launched, created chiefly from some Kodak assets along with an investment from China-based Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.