- Graham profits and sales fall in third quarter
Graham Corp. reported Friday morning a drop in year-over-year third-quarter income and sales.
- Xerox shares rise after Q4 report, decision to split company
The Street is reacting positively to Xerox Corp.’s early announcement it plans to split into two public companies. Xerox also announced a three-year strategic transformation program targeting a cumulative $2.4 billion in savings across all its segments.
- Next generation takes helm at Victor firm
- Navy taps firm for new ship
Weldrite Closures Inc. has gained a boost to its business through work from the emergency preparation market; users of its products include the U.S. Navy and the New York City subway system.
- 1366 Technologies, GCEDC seeks proposals for suppliers
The Genesee County Economic Development Center and 1366 Technologies seek proposals from local companies interested in potential supply chain or operational opportunities.
- Transcat acquires Canadian firm
Transcat Inc. has acquired Dispersion Laboratory Inc.—a Montreal-based firm that specializes in services for the calibration, repair and product sales of weights, balances, temperature instruments and liquid handling devices, according to officials.
- Buffalo firm acquires Innovative Restaurant Supply in Henrietta
Buffalo-based Lorraine Capital LLC’s portfolio firm BHS Foodservice Solutions has acquired all assets of Innovative Restaurant Supply, a firm based Monroe County.
- Ultralife acquires U.K. battery manufacturer for $11 million
Ultralife Corp. has acquired all the outstanding shares of a United Kingdom-based battery designer and manufacturer for roughly $11 million in cash.
- PMC positive on pluses of LED lights
- Valeant names former CFO as interim chief executive
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. former chief financial officer and current board member Howard Schiller is at least temporarily stepping into the Bausch & Lomb parent’s ailing chairman and CEO’s shoes.
- Small companies strain to fulfill ACA requirements
- Analysts expect more growth from Constellation Brands
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Transcat acquires Pennsylvania company for $11.25 million
Transcat Inc. on Wednesday said it has acquired Spectrum Technologies Inc. for $11.25 million in cash. Spectrum, which has its headquarters in Paxinos, Pa., generates annualized revenue of some $5.8 million.
- Valeant names interim leadership
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., the parent company of Bausch & Lomb Inc., said a trio of executives will lead the firm while its chairman and CEO, Michael Pearson, is on a medical leave of absence.
- Harris segment receives $66 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has received $66 million in orders to provide an undisclosed Middle East nation with wideband tactical radios and accessories as part of an overall communications modernization effort.