- QVI donates equipment to establish lab at RIT
A new metrology lab is being established at Rochester Institute of Technology with a donation of three measuring systems by Quality Vision International Inc.
- Business activity declines for N.Y. manufacturers
Business activity for New York manufacturers declined for a fourth consecutive month in November, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey shows.
- $20M plant to open in '16
- Company inks deal for 3-D printer work
- Kodak Alaris launches artificial intelligence business
Kodak Alaris Inc. has formed a new business dedicated to helping organizations process and learn from structured and unstructured data through the use of proprietary artificial intelligence technology.
- Harris segment gets $10 million order for radios
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has received a $10 million order to supply its radios to an undisclosed Eastern European nation.
- Three Kraft Heinz plants to stay open for next five years
State leaders announced Wednesday a deal has been made to keep three Kraft Heinz Co. plants in Upstate New York—including one in Livingston County—open for at least the next five years.
- SentrySafe to lay off 301 local jobs beginning in January
The owner of the homegrown firm SentrySafe will begin cutting local jobs in January as the business prepares to move operations out of state.
- Seneca Foods acquires Michigan company
Seneca Foods Corp. has acquired Gray & Co., a Michigan-based provider of maraschino cherries and one of the largest providers of glace or candied fruit products.
- Decision expected soon on fate of Kraft Heinz plant in Avon
A decision is expected shortly on whether the Kraft Heinz Co. will close its plant in Livingston County plant where roughly 400 people work.
- For Rochester Top 100, total revenue and total employment grew
After taking a dip last year, total revenues logged by the firms, as a group, making up the 2015 Rochester Top 100 fastest-growing private companies climbed more than 7 percent. The Top 100 list is made up of independently owned, private companies based in the RBA’s coverage area.
- Hiring stays hot
- Xerox shares slip on third-quarter loss; board authorizes review
Shares of Xerox Corp. lost some ground Monday, after the company reported a third-quarter loss from continuing operations, due largely to a previously announced health enterprise charge and a drop in revenues. The company also announced its board of directors has authorized a review of the company’s business portfolio and capital allocation options.
- Vuzix begins shipping iWear video headphones
Vuzix Corp., a video eyewear firm based in Henrietta, has begun shipping its first production iWear video headphones units.
- Harris unit gets $10M order for wideband tactical radio systems
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems Segment continues to land multimillion-dollar orders. The Rochester-based operation Tuesday said it has received a $10 million order for its wideband radio systems to support an undisclosed Southeast Asia nation.
- Henrietta distributor partners with craft brewer
Shmaltz Brewing Co. is partnering with Henrietta-based distributor Lake Beverage Corp., officials said.
- Harris segment gets $38 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received $38 million in orders to provide support services for its advanced tactical radio systems used by an undisclosed nation in Central Asia.
- New contract for Harris segment worth up to $390 million
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has been awarded a multiyear federal contract that could total as much as $390 million.