- Hickey Freeman to add 50 jobs to factory here
Hickey Freeman Tailored Clothing Inc. will add 50 jobs to its Rochester factory to support a new clothing line for Trunk Club Inc., a Nordstrom Inc.-owned clothing service, U.S. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, announced Thursday.
- Entrepreneurial event to feature Optimax leaders
RocGrowth Candids—a bimonthly gathering of local entrepreneurs to share their lessons learned—will hold an event March 1 featuring Optimax Systems Inc.’s CEO Rick Plympton and President Mike Mandina.
- Kodak inks deal with French firm for tablets
Eastman Kodak Co. has selected France-based consumer electronics firm Archos S.A. as a brand licensee in the European tablet market.
- Can Trump bring back U.S. manufacturing jobs?
Trying to recreate the U.S. manufacturing sector of the 1950s and 1960s would be difficult and costly.
- Gleason buys Swiss software firm
Gleason Corp. has acquired KISSsoft AG, the Rochester manufacturing firm said Thursday. KISSsoft, based in Switzerland, develops design software for gears and power transmission systems.
- Survey reports uptick in NY manufacturing
Manufacturing firms in New York reported that business activity expanded at the fastest pace since 2014, according to this month’s Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing Survey.
- IEC posts Q1 loss on sharp decline in sales
IEC Electronics Corp. posted lower revenues and a net loss for its fiscal first quarter.
- Harris segment receives contract worth up to $403 million
Harris Corp.'s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has been awarded a five-year contract that could reach $403 million from the Defense Logistics Agency for tactical radio spares and components.
- Guiding firm through changes
- New Xerox prepares for big product launch
- Ultralife posts higher fourth-quarter net income, revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in fourth-quarter sales and profit, due, in part, to a recent acquisition along with higher sales in its Communications Systems segment.
- Local units of Harris Corp. see mixed results in second quarter
The local units of Florida-based Harris Corp. reported mixed results for its fiscal second quarter.
- Graham sales rise in third quarter
Graham Corp. posted year-over-year gains in third-quarter sales and profit, due in part to increased sales in the power market.
- Newly split Xerox reports drop in fourth-quarter profit, revenues
Shares of Xerox Corp. were down at midday after the company reported a drop in fourth-quarter sales and profit on Tuesday before markets opened. It was the company’s first report of its financial results since being split into two companies.
- Compensation for IEC chief executive rises 17%
The top executive at IEC Electronics Corp. reported an increase in compensation in 2016 over 2015, a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission shows.
- Xerox adds CEO Jacobson and Motorola chief to its board
Xerox Corp. announced Friday two additions to its board of directors. Jeff Jacobson, Xerox’s CEO, and Greg Brown, chairman and CEO of Motorola Solutions Inc., have been named directors.
- Chamber outlines top areas for action in 2017
- Eastman Business Park to get battery plant with $1.2M ESD grant
Empire State Development, the region’s economic development agency, is providing $1.2 million from the Upstate Revitalization Initiative toward a new manufacturing facility at the Eastman Business Park for the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium Inc.
- FluxData acquired by U.K. firm
FluxData Inc. has been acquired by Halma PLC, a United Kingdom-based safety, health and environmental safety group.
- RIT named core academic partner of new robotics institute
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Golisano Institute of Sustainability has been named as a core academic partner of the Advanced Robotics Manufacturing Innovation Hub announced by the Department of Defense.