- Harris segment gets $38 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received $38 million in orders to provide support services for its advanced tactical radio systems used by an undisclosed nation in Central Asia.
- New contract for Harris segment worth up to $390 million
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has been awarded a multiyear federal contract that could total as much as $390 million.
- 2015 class chosen for Forty Under 40
Recipients of the 21st annual Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 awards have been chosen.
- Harris Communications Systems receives $21 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received a $21 million order from an undisclosed Latin American nation for its tactical radios.
- Schumer: Alstom on track to be provider of Amtrak high-speed trains
Amtrak is expected to select Alstom Transportation Inc.’s Hornell facility as the train provider for a $2.5 billion program to build the next generation of high-speed trains. The move will create more than 750 jobs statewide, including 400 at the facility in Hornell, Steuben County.
- Judge upholds fines issued against American Recycling
A judge has upheld fines issued two summers ago against Rochester packaging firm American Recycling & Manufacturing Co. Inc. The company must pay $154,800 in penalties for 18 alleged violations following an inspection by the Buffalo office of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Harris Communications Systems receives $13M order
Harris Corp’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received a $13 million order from the Air National Guard.
- COMIDA approves incentives for LiDestri facility in Greece
LiDestri Foods Inc. received sales tax exemptions Tuesday for a $2 million renovation project at its facility in Greece from the County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency.
- Business activity for manufactures declines
Business activity for manufacturers declined in September for the second consecutive month, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Empire State Manufacturing survey shows.
- State funding to boost food processing industry
Cornell University’s New York State Agricultural Experiment Station in Geneva, Ontario County, is getting $600,000 in state funding to purchase equipment aimed at helping the food processing industry.
- BAM Enterprises acquires Gates manufacturer
BAM Enterprises Inc. has purchased PMI Industries LLC, a plastic injection molding manufacturer and designer and producer of tooling, officials said Tuesday. BAM will invest $6 million in the Gates firm.
- Crosman gets $20 million in financing to meet demand
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. closed on a $20 million credit facility with Crosman Corp., which the East Bloomfield-based company said will help meet demand for its air rifles.
- The job hoppers: Younger workers are less likely to stick with one employer
- Rochester Top 100: Optics manufacturer sees continuing growth
- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.
- Ultralife gets $8.2 million contract from Thales
Ultralife Corp. has been awarded an $8.2 million contract to supply its communications systems to Thales Defense & Security Inc.
- Slaughter voices support for manufacturing at GM plant tour
Congresswoman Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, is calling on Congress to support manufacturing businesses and job creation following a tour of General Motors Components Holdings LLC on Wednesday.
- Transcat acquires San Diego company
Transcat Inc. has acquired San Diego-based Anmar Metrology Inc.—a calibration and repair firm that targets the life science and defense markets—officials announced Monday.
- Finalists selected for 2015 Ethie Award
Four finalists have been chosen for the 2015 Ethie Award, an annual honor given to local businesses and organizations by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation.