Media & Marketing News
- Genesee County/Batavia ranked 4th among U.S. micropolitans
Site Selection magazine has named Genesee County/Batavia as one of the top micropolitans in the United States for the 11th consecutive year.
- Gannett, Icahn reach agreement
Gannett Co. Inc. on Monday announced its plans for its independent publishing company that will be spun off later this year as a public company.
- 'American Pickers' coming to Canandaigua
The television show “American Pickers” will be filming in Canandaigua next month.
- MCC e-book shows where the jobs are
- Smart companies invest in content marketing to bring in sales
- Geneva doctor puts blood on pages of novel
- Honorees picked for achievement in health care
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—have been selected as recipients of the Rochester Business Journal’s 2015 Health Care Achievement Awards. This year’s group is the 13th to receive the awards.
- Rochester Top 100: Macedon firm makes sure the show goes on
- Gannett to split into two publicly traded firms
Gannett Co. Inc., parent of the Democrat and Chronicle Media Group in Rochester and USA Today, announced a plan Tuesday to split into two publicly traded companies.
- Top efforts in marketing honored at event Thursday night
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association on Thursday night announced the winners of the 2014 Pinnacle Awards and the 2014 Marketer of the Year Awards.
- Marketing Communications Firms
Ranked by 2013 local gross income
- GateHouse Media parent posts smaller Q1 loss
New Media Investment Group Inc., parent company of Perinton-based GateHouse Media LLC, reported its net loss narrowed in the first quarter, but its revenues declined.
- Longtime Medina newspaper to stop publishing
The Medina Journal-Register is closing, marking the first time the Orleans County community will not have a local paper in more than 100 years.
- Ben & Jerry's exec speaks at Ad Council event
The Ad Council of Rochester’s 2014 Annual Breakfast Celebration, featuring keynote speaker Sean Greenwood of Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Inc., drew more than 500 attendees to the Rochester Riverside Convention Center on Friday morning.
- Commercial Printers
Ranked my number of local full-time employees.
- Nielsen Holdings to acquire Harris Interactive for $116.6 million
Nielsen Holdings N.V. has agreed to acquire Harris Interactive Inc. for nearly $117 million. The deal calls for Nielsen to buy all of the outstanding shares of Harris Interactive's common stock for $2 a share in cash.
- McDougall Communications gets new home
McDougall Communications LLC has relocated to 2423 Monroe Ave. in Brighton, a move prompted by its increasing client base.
- DAC Group to add 20 jobs in Rochester
DAC Group, a digital advertising agency, looks to add 20 positions to its Rochester branch before the end of the year.
- Media group launches local business AM radio station
Genesee Media Corp. has launched Business 1310, a business/financial radio station in Western New York.