Media & Marketing News
- Snap Poll: Fantasy sports sites violate law, most say
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel violate New York law on gambling. More than half also say the state law should not be changed to define daily fantasy sports as legal games of skill.
- Two firms here make Advertising Age list
Two of Rochester’s marketing communications agencies—Butler/Till Media Services Inc. and Dixon Schwabl Inc.—have been named to the Advertising Age list of 50 Best Places to Work in Advertising & Media.
- Collaborative culture lies at core of coworking offices
- Makerspaces invite, inspire sharing of innovative ideas
- Company inks deal for 3-D printer work
- 'Tech savvy' is your clue to marketing to millennials
- Three firms find spots on Fortune's Best Workplaces list
Three area firms have been named to Fortune magazine’s Great Place to Work Rankings: 2015 Best Small & Medium Workplaces list.
- Pitoniak honored by Professional Football Writers of America
Rochester Business Journal sports columnist Scott Pitoniak has earned first-place honors in the Professional Football Writers of America’s 2015 Dick Connor Writing Awards.
- Panelists caution on ACA reporting needs
- National experts to participate in Upstate Social Sessions
Upstate Social Sessions—a collaboration of social media experts from national and local companies—begins Oct. 31 at the School of the Arts on Prince Street.
- Arnold to join anchor team of 'Good Day Rochester'
13WHAM News has added Alexis Arnold to the anchor team of “Good Day Rochester,” effective Oct. 12, officials said.
- Firms make Fortune's Best Workplaces for Women list
Five local firms made the inaugural list of Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Women.
- Storytime on the job should model predictable behavior
- Agency expands presence to Buffalo
- 2015 class chosen for Forty Under 40
Recipients of the 21st annual Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 awards have been chosen.
- CMI manages A/V production for World Meeting of Families
CMI Communications Corp. has been contracted to manage the audio and visual production of the first U.S.-based international World Meeting of Families Congress, officials said Friday.
- Inaugural Women's Leadership Summit sells out
More than 600 people attended the inaugural Women’s Leadership Summit Thursday at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center. The event, presented by the Rochester Business Journal and the Women’s Leadership Council of the United Way of Greater Rochester Inc., was sold out.
- Harris Communications Systems receives $21 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment has received a $21 million order from an undisclosed Latin American nation for its tactical radios.
- Dixon Schwabl one of fastest growing woman-led U.S. firms
Dixon Schwabl Inc. has been named to Inc.’s 2015 list of the top 50 fastest-growing private companies led by women in America.
- WHEC-TV to launch newscast at 7 p.m.
WHEC-TV plans to launch next week a newscast at 7 p.m., station officials said.