Media & Marketing News
- Jacobs named editor as RBJ restructures
The Rochester Business Journal and The Daily Record will strengthen the comprehensive coverage of the Western New York business and legal communities that subscribers have come to expect, the papers’ new editor and their publisher say.
- Tipping Point expects new department to drive growth
Tipping Point Communications LLC has formalized its content marketing department and expects it to play a strong role in growing the firm’s revenues by 10 to 15 percent this year. The department was formalized after some 18 months.
- Pair acquires Rochester & Genesee Valley Parent magazine
After some 24 years at the helm of Rochester & Genesee Valley Parent magazine, founder and owner Barbara Melnyk is retiring, officials said Monday.
- Different focus
- Martino Flynn honored at Cancer Awareness Advertising Awards
Martino Flynn LLC has been recognized for the fourth consecutive year at the annual Cancer Awareness Advertising Awards, the agency announced Thursday.
- Truth Collective gets new office, eyes growth
- ROCHESTERCHAMBERtop100-This company puts its efforts on display
- The Big Event
- Roberts acquires company
- African-American bookstore finds a niche
- Business owners weigh in on prospects for new year
- City entrepreneur discovers ‘T-shirt is king’
- Eastman School alumni up for Grammy awards
The Eastman School of Music announced late Tuesday the nomination of six alums for Grammy Awards.
- Crow, Staples first headline acts for Jazz Festival
The first headline acts for the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival were announced Tuesday. Grammy winner Sheryl Crow and gospel rhythm and blues icon Mavis Staples are slated to perform during the nine-day music festival set for June 23 to July 1.
- Golisano Foundation, Golisano make Forbes list of top givers
The Golisano Foundation and Thomas Golisano, founder and chairman of Paychex Inc., made a Forbes magazine’s list of the top 30 givers and causes announced this month.
- Entrepreneurs tap library for critical info
Jake Muhleman discovered an African palm liquor in the nation of Benin that he was interested in bringing to market in the United States. Mark Juba, a former Eastman Kodak Co. manager, was considering a potential startup involved with organic light-emitting diodes.
- The Loop
- Oprah magazine editor to speak at Hobart and William Smith
The editor-in-chief of O, the Oprah magazine is slated to speak at Hobart and William Smith Colleges Dec. 1.
- Trade magazine features Rootstock Ciderworks
Williamson-based Rootstock Ciderworks has been featured in Cidercraft magazine, officials announced Tuesday.
- CypherWorx partners with Google for digital marketing program
Fairport-based CypherWorx Inc. is partnering with Google Inc. as part of the Google Advantage Program, officials said.