Media & Marketing News
- Gannett tops profit expectations, misses on revenue
Gannett Co. Inc. on Tuesday reported $112.8 million in first-quarter net income, excluding special items, a 4 percent increase from a year ago.
- Daily Messenger to launch Saturday paper
The Daily Messenger newspaper based in Canandaigua will launch a Saturday paper next month, but eliminate its Monday offering.
- DeMarco Murray among award recipients at annual dinner
The 66th annual Rochester Press-Radio Club Day of Champions Children’s Charities’ Dinner is slated for May 4 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- Marilyn Monroe, The Actress
Although Marilyn never won any Academy awards for any of her films or any such remarkable critical acclamation during her time but she is now considered one of the greatest movie stars of all time
- AMA plans Pinnacle Awards gala
The 3rd Annual Pinnacle Awards gala—which celebrates The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association’s best marketing campaigns—is May 21.
- Fast Start: A viral blog post--and new friends in Utica
- Ad Council announces award winners for 2015
Honorees for the Ad Council of Rochester’s 2015 Annual Celebration have been selected.
- Rochester Lyric Opera to turn church into performing arts venue
Rochester will have a new major performing arts venue, the owners announced Wednesday morning. Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. has purchased the former First Church of Christ, Scientist at 440 East Ave. for $1.2 million. The opera group plans to spend an additional $6 million to renovate the 100-year-old landmark structure.
- RBJ earns 10 N.Y. press awards
The Rochester Business Journal received 10 awards—including four first-place honors—and an honorable mention in the New York Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest for work published in 2014. It is the most NYPA awards RBJ has earned in a single year.
- Blackfriars Theater announces new artistic director
For the first time in 35 years, the Blackfriars Theater will have a new artistic director. Danny Hoskins, current associate artistic director, will take up the position July 1when John Haldoupis retires, theater leaders announced.
- Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield opens $7 million expansion
The Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield unveiled a $7 million, 34,000-square-foot expansion on Monday, making it one of the largest YMCA branches in North America and one of the first medical and wellness complexes of its kind in the area.
- Return to Normandy campaign finalist for award
McDougall Communications LLC teamed up with the National Warplane Museum to create a campaign that is now a finalist in the 2015 Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Awards. It is one of 136 finalists out of more than 800 entries.
- Rochester Top 100: Brighton firm focuses on making an impact
- Roberts Communications founder dies at 89
Roberts Communications Inc.’s founder Walter Roberts died Monday after a battle with cancer. He was 89 years old.
- Annual awards honor achievement in health care
Twenty-four honorees—22 individuals and two organizations—were honored Tuesday at the Rochester Business Journal’s 2015 Health Care Achievement Awards luncheon. This year’s honorees are the 13th group to receive the awards.
- Quick, effective video process produces hits
- Bully Hill takes gold in 2015 Best of the Web
- RBTL announces 2015-16 season
The Rochester Broadway Theatre League on Wednesday evening announced its 2015-16 M&T Bank Broadway Season lineup.