Media & Marketing News
- Exelis shareholders approve merger with Harris
Exelis Inc. announced Friday its shareholders approved the merger agreement for the acquisition of Exelis by Harris Corp. during its special meeting of shareholders. The companies expect the merger to close May 29, subject to remaining closing conditions.
- AMA chapter's awards salute marketing talent
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association held its third annual Pinnacle Awards gala on Thursday evening to recognize the area’s top marketing talent.
- Hospital reflects evolution of care for children
- 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award: SMALL ORGANIZATIONS
- Marketing Communications Firms
- Martino Flynn wins award for Windstream campaign
Martino Flynn LLC won first place for Public Relations Campaign of the Year at the Business Marketing Association’s 2015 Global ACE Awards. The team’s campaign was designed to support Windstream Holdings Corp.’s business.
- Fast Start: Booked up
- Sutherland eyes Nevada
- Gannett tops profit expectations, misses on revenue
Gannett Co. Inc. on Tuesday reported $112.8 million in first-quarter net income, excluding special items, a 4 percent increase from a year ago.
- Daily Messenger to launch Saturday paper
The Daily Messenger newspaper based in Canandaigua will launch a Saturday paper next month, but eliminate its Monday offering.
- DeMarco Murray among award recipients at annual dinner
The 66th annual Rochester Press-Radio Club Day of Champions Children’s Charities’ Dinner is slated for May 4 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- AMA plans Pinnacle Awards gala
The 3rd Annual Pinnacle Awards gala—which celebrates The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association’s best marketing campaigns—is May 21.
- Fast Start: A viral blog post--and new friends in Utica
- Ad Council announces award winners for 2015
Honorees for the Ad Council of Rochester’s 2015 Annual Celebration have been selected.
- Rochester Lyric Opera to turn church into performing arts venue
Rochester will have a new major performing arts venue, the owners announced Wednesday morning. Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. has purchased the former First Church of Christ, Scientist at 440 East Ave. for $1.2 million. The opera group plans to spend an additional $6 million to renovate the 100-year-old landmark structure.
- RBJ earns 10 N.Y. press awards
The Rochester Business Journal received 10 awards—including four first-place honors—and an honorable mention in the New York Press Association’s Better Newspaper Contest for work published in 2014. It is the most NYPA awards RBJ has earned in a single year.
- Blackfriars Theater announces new artistic director
For the first time in 35 years, the Blackfriars Theater will have a new artistic director. Danny Hoskins, current associate artistic director, will take up the position July 1when John Haldoupis retires, theater leaders announced.
- Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield opens $7 million expansion
The Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield unveiled a $7 million, 34,000-square-foot expansion on Monday, making it one of the largest YMCA branches in North America and one of the first medical and wellness complexes of its kind in the area.