Media & Marketing News
- Nielsen Holdings to acquire Harris Interactive for $116.6 million
Nielsen Holdings N.V. has agreed to acquire Harris Interactive Inc. for nearly $117 million. The deal calls for Nielsen to buy all of the outstanding shares of Harris Interactive's common stock for $2 a share in cash.
- McDougall Communications gets new home
McDougall Communications LLC has relocated to 2423 Monroe Ave. in Brighton, a move prompted by its increasing client base.
- DAC Group to add 20 jobs in Rochester
DAC Group, a digital advertising agency, looks to add 20 positions to its Rochester branch before the end of the year.
- Media group launches local business AM radio station
Genesee Media Corp. has launched Business 1310, a business/financial radio station in Western New York.
- Gannett posts 5% drop in 2Q profits, flat revenue
Gannett Co. Inc. on Monday reported a 5.2 percent decline in profits for the second quarter.
- Brand Networks raises millions
- WHEC-TV 10 wins national award for breaking news
WHEC-TV 10 has earned a 2013 national Edward R. Murrow Award for outstanding achievement in breaking news for its coverage of the Christmas Eve shooting in Webster that killed two firefighters.
- Gannett agrees to buy Belo Corp. in $2.2 billion deal
Gannett Co. Inc., owner of more than 80 newspapers, including the Democrat and Chronicle and USA Today, has agreed to acquire broadcast company Belo Corp. for $1.5 billion in cash, along with assumption of debt.
- WXXI, Jazz Festival partner on national programs
WXXI TV and the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival have announced the four concerts at this year’s event that are to be produced into programming and distributed to Public Broadcasting Service stations nationwide.
- Marketing Communications Firms
Information was provided by individual agencies that responded to an email or fax survey. Ranked by 2012 local gross income.
- Roberts Communications wins 'Best of Show' at ADDY Awards
Roberts Communications Inc. was the bigger winner at Thursday night’s annual ADDY Awards, celebrating the top work in the local marketing and advertising industry.
- Longtime RBJ sports columnist Rick Woodson dies
Longtime Rochester Business Journal sports columnist Rick Woodson died Tuesday after a brief illness. Mr. Woodson, 72, had written a sports column for the RBJ since 1996, beginning the assignment after a short stint as an RBJ beat reporter.
- Young Lion Studios to expand its offerings
Young Lion Studios LLC, a 70,000-square-foot film studio at the Rochester Tech Park in Gates, plans to launch two business segments this month to increase revenues and boost the local film industry.
- For advertisers, Sunday is the Super Bowl too
- IT firms combine to grow
- Holiday season fetches big sales for Crazy Dog
- 'Ghost Hunters' episode explores Rochester
They SyFy Channel’s popular show “Ghost Hunters,” where a team of paranormal experts explore places that may be haunted, will feature Rochester on Nov. 28.
- Dixon Schwabl ranks among top places to work
Marketing communications firm Dixon Schwabl Inc. has been named one of the best workplaces for the eighth consecutive year.
- UR ramps up focus on digital media studies
- Spiegel to lead Partners + Napier's NYC office
Partners + Napier Inc. on Monday said marketing veteran Andrea Spiegel has been appointed managing director of the firm’s New York City office.