Media & Marketing News
- Top efforts in marketing honored at event Thursday night
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association on Thursday night announced the winners of the 2014 Pinnacle Awards and the 2014 Marketer of the Year Awards.
- Marketing Communications Firms
Ranked by 2013 local gross income
- GateHouse Media parent posts smaller Q1 loss
New Media Investment Group Inc., parent company of Perinton-based GateHouse Media LLC, reported its net loss narrowed in the first quarter, but its revenues declined.
- Longtime Medina newspaper to stop publishing
The Medina Journal-Register is closing, marking the first time the Orleans County community will not have a local paper in more than 100 years.
- Ben & Jerry's exec speaks at Ad Council event
The Ad Council of Rochester’s 2014 Annual Breakfast Celebration, featuring keynote speaker Sean Greenwood of Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Inc., drew more than 500 attendees to the Rochester Riverside Convention Center on Friday morning.
- Commercial Printers
Ranked my number of local full-time employees.
- Nielsen Holdings to acquire Harris Interactive for $116.6 million
Nielsen Holdings N.V. has agreed to acquire Harris Interactive Inc. for nearly $117 million. The deal calls for Nielsen to buy all of the outstanding shares of Harris Interactive's common stock for $2 a share in cash.
- McDougall Communications gets new home
McDougall Communications LLC has relocated to 2423 Monroe Ave. in Brighton, a move prompted by its increasing client base.
- DAC Group to add 20 jobs in Rochester
DAC Group, a digital advertising agency, looks to add 20 positions to its Rochester branch before the end of the year.
- Media group launches local business AM radio station
Genesee Media Corp. has launched Business 1310, a business/financial radio station in Western New York.
- Gannett posts 5% drop in 2Q profits, flat revenue
Gannett Co. Inc. on Monday reported a 5.2 percent decline in profits for the second quarter.
- Brand Networks raises millions
- WHEC-TV 10 wins national award for breaking news
WHEC-TV 10 has earned a 2013 national Edward R. Murrow Award for outstanding achievement in breaking news for its coverage of the Christmas Eve shooting in Webster that killed two firefighters.
- Gannett agrees to buy Belo Corp. in $2.2 billion deal
Gannett Co. Inc., owner of more than 80 newspapers, including the Democrat and Chronicle and USA Today, has agreed to acquire broadcast company Belo Corp. for $1.5 billion in cash, along with assumption of debt.
- WXXI, Jazz Festival partner on national programs
WXXI TV and the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival have announced the four concerts at this year’s event that are to be produced into programming and distributed to Public Broadcasting Service stations nationwide.
- Marketing Communications Firms
Information was provided by individual agencies that responded to an email or fax survey. Ranked by 2012 local gross income.
- Roberts Communications wins 'Best of Show' at ADDY Awards
Roberts Communications Inc. was the bigger winner at Thursday night’s annual ADDY Awards, celebrating the top work in the local marketing and advertising industry.
- Longtime RBJ sports columnist Rick Woodson dies
Longtime Rochester Business Journal sports columnist Rick Woodson died Tuesday after a brief illness. Mr. Woodson, 72, had written a sports column for the RBJ since 1996, beginning the assignment after a short stint as an RBJ beat reporter.
- Young Lion Studios to expand its offerings
Young Lion Studios LLC, a 70,000-square-foot film studio at the Rochester Tech Park in Gates, plans to launch two business segments this month to increase revenues and boost the local film industry.
- For advertisers, Sunday is the Super Bowl too