Media & Marketing News
- Harris Corp. stock drops 10 percent after second-quarter report
Shares of Harris Corp. were down Tuesday afternoon after the Florida-based firm reported a second-quarter net loss, despite an operating profit in one of its local business segments.
- Rhythm Connect closing location, to team with Spotlight Studios
Fairport-based Rhythm Connect LLC is closing its location after more than five years in business, officials announced Monday. The business will team up with Spotlight Studios—a performing arts firm—by Feb. 29.
- Wegmans warns of fraudulent coupon on Facebook
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. officials are asking customers to be wary of a fraudulent Facebook Inc. post that bears the Wegmans name, the company said Monday.
- Area forensic accounting experts help author book
A pair of EFPR Solutions LLP professionals are among a team of forensic accountants to author “Corporate Fraud: The Executive Survival Guide.”
- New name matches organization's mission
- Advertising Council becomes Causewave Community Partners
After 65 years the Advertising Council of Rochester has changed its moniker to Causewave Community Partners, officials announced Tuesday.
- Panel to review, judge Super Bowl ads
On Tuesday Feb. 9, the Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association will judge Super Bowl ads at Pomodoro Grill & Wine Bar, officials announced Monday.
- CEO guides WXXI future
Norm Silverstein marks his 20th year at the helm of the non-profit
- Submissions sought for annual Pinnacle Awards
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association is accepting submission for its annual Pinnacle Awards, officials announced Thursday. The awards celebrate the area’s best marketers.
- Marketing firms share location in Pittsford
- Henrietta firm makes Food Logistics list
Food Logistics magazine has named Henrietta-based Retrotech Inc. to its FL100+ list, officials announced Tuesday.
- Works by Eastman grads lauded
Several Eastman School of Music musicians have been named to the best recording lists of three national publications.
- Wegmans launches 100th anniversary logo
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has launched its 100th anniversary logo to coincide with the retailer’s grand opening of the Wegmans Wonderplace at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, which is slated to open Wednesday.
- Virtual business opens doors for small agency
- Snap Poll: Fantasy sports sites violate law, most say
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel violate New York law on gambling. More than half also say the state law should not be changed to define daily fantasy sports as legal games of skill.
- Collaborative culture lies at core of coworking offices
- Makerspaces invite, inspire sharing of innovative ideas