Media & Marketing News
- Report ranks N.Y. economy among top 10
New York ranks as the eighth best state for its economy, a new report from WalletHub states.
- Esquire salutes Good Luck, Swan Market as top U.S. bars
Two area establishments—Good Luck Restaurant Inc. and Swan Market Inc.—have made Esquire’s list of the 18 Best Bars in America, officials announced Thursday.
- Linchpin Strategy, Dixon Schwabl win marketer of the year
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association’s fourth annual Pinnacle Awards were held Thursday night, with some 200 professionals in attendance.
- RBJ writer receives N.Y. press award
- Area financial executives honored at annual event
Five financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors were winners Thursday at the 2016 Financial Executive of the Year Award event.
- Gannett raises offer for Tribune
Gannett Co. Inc.—parent of USA Today and the Democrat and Chronicle Media Group—said Monday it has increased its bid to acquire Tribune Publishing Co. after Tribune rejected a lower offer this month.
- Marketing Communications Firms
- With 98PXY, a fresh step for RBJ's Fast Start
Fast Start’s evolution continues. Through a partnership with 98PXY, the rising stars we feature will be on the air.
- WXXI's Silverstein receives media award
Norm Silverstein, president of WXXI Public Broadcasting Council, has been honored with the Media Award for 2016 by the Upstate New York Chapter of the Peace Island Institute and the Turkish Cultural Center of Rochester for his service to the community, officials said.
- Martino Flynn accelerates research efforts
- 'Absolutely Abby' featured at upcoming workshop
The Rochester Professional Consultants Network will play host to Abby Kohut for a workshop on “Using Your Brand to Move From New to Known.”
- New platform measures employee engagement
- Three area firms makes list of Best Workplaces for Giving Back
Three area firms were honored for their generosity by being named to Fortune magazine’s 50 Best Workplaces for Giving Back.
- Balduzzi Group wins honors for political advertising
The Balduzzi Group Inc.—a Democratic political consulting firm—has been recognized 14 times for excellence in television and direct mail political advertising, officials announced Friday.
- Butler/Till logs record revenue, adds staff
- Improving website should be an ongoing process
- Flower City Comic Con expected to draw 2,000
A new convention is coming to Rochester and is expected to draw 2,000 attendees.
- Black Button Distilling named a 'Next Great Consumer Brand'
Black Button Distilling will participate in the sixth annual Next Great Consumer Brands event, officials announced Thursday. The local grain-to-glass distillery has been named a “Next Great Consumer Brand.”
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.