Media & Marketing News
- News10NBC's Lomax announces retirement
After more than four decades in the broadcasting business, including more than 30 years in Rochester, Janet Lomax will step down from her post at News10NBC when she retires in December, officials announced Monday.
- Number of ads on search engine result pages increases to four
Back on May 24, I sat at my desk and watched a live stream of the Google Performance Summit keynote presentation. The annual event provides a glimpse into changes the search giant will be rolling out for advertisers. I know what you’re thinking and you’re right: I am living the dream.
- 'Shark Tank' star to speak at SMP event
SMP Corp.’s 5th annual Oktoberfest will feature Robert Herjavec of ABC’s “Shark Tank.” Herjavec is an author and founder and CEO of the Herjavec Group, officials said.
- Trio of firms received 2016 Ethie Awards
The Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation on Monday night presented its 2016 Ethie Awards to Lewis Tree Service Inc., Tipping Point Communications Inc. and Triplett Machine Inc.
- 3 area firms make list of top workplaces
Three Rochester-area companies have made the national Great Places to Work list of best midsize workplaces in the country and are slated to be featured in Fortune magazine next month.
- Leaders of Sydor, Breathe Yoga honored
- GateHouse Media to buy RBJ
The Rochester Business Journal Inc. has agreed to be acquired by GateHouse Media New York Holdings Inc. The transaction is expected to close Sept. 30.
- Media group in Myanmar taps RIT talent
- Black Button named a top U.S. craft distillery
Black Button Distilling has been named one of USA Today’s “10 Best” as part of the company’s 2016 Readers’ Choice poll, officials announced Tuesday.
- Dixon Schwabl tops best workplaces list
Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work have ranked Victor-based Dixon Schwabl Inc. No.1 on their 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing list for 2016, officials announced Monday.
- Digital marketing achieves awareness, direct response
- A standout in the idea business
Katrina Busch, president of Roberts Communications, focuses on delivering strategic insights
- RBJ receives national press honors
- Clothier offering prices to suit all customers
One Custom Clothier Inc. has shifted its product portfolio to offering customers a wider range of prices, officials said.
- Perfectionism, or how to market a thing to death
- Report ranks N.Y. economy among top 10
New York ranks as the eighth best state for its economy, a new report from WalletHub states.
- Esquire salutes Good Luck, Swan Market as top U.S. bars
Two area establishments—Good Luck Restaurant Inc. and Swan Market Inc.—have made Esquire’s list of the 18 Best Bars in America, officials announced Thursday.
- Linchpin Strategy, Dixon Schwabl win marketer of the year
The Rochester Chapter of the American Marketing Association’s fourth annual Pinnacle Awards were held Thursday night, with some 200 professionals in attendance.
- RBJ writer receives N.Y. press award