Media & Marketing News
- Eastman School alumni up for Grammy awards
The Eastman School of Music announced late Tuesday the nomination of six alums for Grammy Awards.
- Crow, Staples first headline acts for Jazz Festival
The first headline acts for the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival were announced Tuesday. Grammy winner Sheryl Crow and gospel rhythm and blues icon Mavis Staples are slated to perform during the nine-day music festival set for June 23 to July 1.
- Golisano Foundation, Golisano make Forbes list of top givers
The Golisano Foundation and Thomas Golisano, founder and chairman of Paychex Inc., made a Forbes magazine’s list of the top 30 givers and causes announced this month.
- Entrepreneurs tap library for critical info
Jake Muhleman discovered an African palm liquor in the nation of Benin that he was interested in bringing to market in the United States. Mark Juba, a former Eastman Kodak Co. manager, was considering a potential startup involved with organic light-emitting diodes.
- The Loop
- Oprah magazine editor to speak at Hobart and William Smith
The editor-in-chief of O, the Oprah magazine is slated to speak at Hobart and William Smith Colleges Dec. 1.
- Trade magazine features Rootstock Ciderworks
Williamson-based Rootstock Ciderworks has been featured in Cidercraft magazine, officials announced Tuesday.
- CypherWorx partners with Google for digital marketing program
Fairport-based CypherWorx Inc. is partnering with Google Inc. as part of the Google Advantage Program, officials said.
- First novel leads to burgeoning livelihood
- New film captures tenacity of female golfing pioneers
- Young professionals lauded at Forty Under 40 event
More than 750 attendees celebrated 40 young professionals at the 22nd annual Rochester Business Journal Forty Under 40 awards luncheon Thursday afternoon at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- Perinton firm gets grant from national association
Perinton-based BullsEye Communications of Western NY has received a $4,000 2016 Growth Grant from the National Association for the Self-Employed, officials announced Monday.
- A decade of asking readers what they think
- Gannett posts net loss, shares fall
Gannett Co. Inc., the parent of the Democrat & Chronicle and D&C Digital, on Thursday reported a third-quarter net loss of $24.2 million, compared with a profit of $39.2 million, a year earlier.
- New Media Investment Group reports decline in Q3 net income
New Media Investment Group Inc. reported Thursday a decline in third-quarter net income. New Media acquired the Rochester Business Journal Inc. last month.
- News10NBC's Lomax announces retirement
After more than four decades in the broadcasting business, including more than 30 years in Rochester, Janet Lomax will step down from her post at News10NBC when she retires in December, officials announced Monday.
- Number of ads on search engine result pages increases to four
Back on May 24, I sat at my desk and watched a live stream of the Google Performance Summit keynote presentation. The annual event provides a glimpse into changes the search giant will be rolling out for advertisers. I know what you’re thinking and you’re right: I am living the dream.
- 'Shark Tank' star to speak at SMP event
SMP Corp.’s 5th annual Oktoberfest will feature Robert Herjavec of ABC’s “Shark Tank.” Herjavec is an author and founder and CEO of the Herjavec Group, officials said.
- Trio of firms received 2016 Ethie Awards
The Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation on Monday night presented its 2016 Ethie Awards to Lewis Tree Service Inc., Tipping Point Communications Inc. and Triplett Machine Inc.
- 3 area firms make list of top workplaces
Three Rochester-area companies have made the national Great Places to Work list of best midsize workplaces in the country and are slated to be featured in Fortune magazine next month.