Media & Marketing News
- Rochester interior designer to appear on HGTV
Jason Longo, interior designer and owner of Rochester-based JDL Design Group LLC is slated to appear on HGTV.
- New Gannett shares drop slightly after spinoff
Gannett Co. Inc.’s stock slid again Tuesday, one day after its official spinoff from Tegna Inc.
- Thank your employees, and help them thank others
- Martino Flynn names exec to lead PR, social media team
Martino Flynn LLC has hired Megan Connor Murphy to lead its public relations and social media team.
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Two area firms recognized as best workplaces for millennials
Two local companies have earned praise as great places to work for millennials.
- McDougall Communications to open office in Indiana
McDougall Communications LLC plans to open an office in the Indianapolis area next month. It will be led by Vice President Angela Howland Blackwell.
- Annual PRism Awards honor area's top PR talent
The annual PRism Awards--dedicated to honoring the area’s top public relations talent--were held Thursday at the Rochester Museum and Science Center.
- Small marketing company makes a big impact
Does a company’s size make it wise? Laurie Sagona, president of Sundance Marketing LLC, does not necessarily think so.
- Big move set for Main St.
- Thermo Fisher's Fairport site to be featured on 'Home Factory'
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s local manufacturing facility will be featured the “Home Factory” TV series on FYI.
- RBJ 75: UR, Rochester Regional Health fastest-growing employers
The University of Rochester again ranks as the region’s largest employer and also the second-fastest-growing employer, according to the new RBJ 75 list of the largest private-sector employers in the six-county Rochester region.
- Impact of RBJ 75 more than payroll alone
The top employers also are big purchasers of local goods, services
- Two firms unite in fast deal
- Event to feature Vuzix CEO Travers
RocGrowth Candids—an event aimed at connecting Rochester entrepreneurs—is slated to interview Paul Travers, CEO and founder of Vuzix Corp., on Thursday.
- GateHouse parent to buy Columbus Dispatch
New Media Investment Group Inc.—parent company of Perinton-based GateHouse Media LLC—said it will purchase the print publications of the Dispatch Printing Co. in Columbus, Ohio for an undisclosed price.
- Bills game marks NFL partnership with Yahoo
Yahoo Inc.’s partnership with the National Football League begins with an International Series game between the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars in London on Oct.25.
- Exelis shareholders approve merger with Harris
Exelis Inc. announced Friday its shareholders approved the merger agreement for the acquisition of Exelis by Harris Corp. during its special meeting of shareholders. The companies expect the merger to close May 29, subject to remaining closing conditions.