- Community Foundation marks record year
Five area philanthropists were honored Thursday as the Rochester Area Community Foundation celebrated a year of record giving—both from donors and to grantees.
- JCC to mark completion of $15M project
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester Inc. is slated to celebrate the completion of its $15 million renovation and expansion project Friday.
- Nonprofit Report: Blackfriars of Rochester, N.Y.
- Area museums received $417,000 in funding
Three Rochester museums are in line to receive a total of more than $400,000 in federal funds targeted to expand their projects and collections.
- Urban Land Institute New York seeks project nominations
Urban Land Institute New York has opened nominations for its second annual Awards for Excellence in Development, a statewide contest for responsible land use and development practices.
- A dozen finalists announced for the National Toy Hall of Fame
Pinball, Nerf, the Care Bears and bubble wrap are four of the finalists announced Tuesday by the Strong for induction into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- New campaign kicks off for Fashion Week
Fashion Week of Rochester 2016 has a new campaign as it prepares for its events next month, officials announced Monday.
- Upstate Venture Association gets new executive director
The Upstate Venture Association of New York has a new executive director.
- Kilbourn receives fresh look
- RPO to kick off new season with Carnevale!
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. kicks off its new season with Carnevale! The Venetian gala and fundraiser is slated to take place Sept. 14 at the Wintergarden at One Bausch and Lomb Place, officials announced Tuesday.
- RIT, Genesee Country Village to partner
Rochester Institute of Technology and the Genesee Country Village and Museum officials on Tuesday signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate.
- Nominees sought for Canandaigua Athena Award
The Canandaigua Athena Steering Committee seeks nominees for its Canandaigua Athena Award and its Canandaigua Athena Young Professional Leadership Award.
- Community service celebrated at National Philanthropy Day
Honoring area individuals and organizations for helping others, National Philanthropy Day will be held Nov. 4 this year.
- Greater Rochester Awards spotlight achievement in nonprofit arena
Thirteen individuals and six organizations have been selected as honorees or finalists for the 2016 Greater Rochester Awards.
- Nonprofit Report: Rochester School for the Deaf
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- House of Mercy launching capital campaign
House of Mercy Inc. is launching a capital campaign to help finish the renovation of its new building at 285 Ormond St. that is expected eventually to provide almost 90 emergency shelter beds along with more kitchen, dining and office space.
- The Strong looks to adults for growth
- PepsiCo, Tops partner to provide help to families in need
About 800 Rochester families received food and personal care products from an annual partnership involving PepsiCo Inc., Tops Friendly Markets and the nonprofit Feed the Children.
- Nonprofit Report: Rochester Rotary Charitable Trusts Inc.