- Farash Foundation awards grants to arts organizations
The Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation is giving $100,000 each to five Rochester-area arts organizations for projects encouraging partnerships and creating a community impact.
- MAG chief Holcomb to retire next year
Grant Holcomb, the director of the University of Rochester's Memorial Art Gallery since 1985, plans to retire effective July 1, 2014.
- GRA award recipients recognized
Nearly 450 people attended the 2013 Greater Rochester Awards event today honoring 18 individuals and four organizations for their contributions to the area's non-profits.
- Parker to postpone retirement as RBA chief
Rochester Business Alliance president and CEO Sandra Parker has decided to delay her retirement, nearly five months after she announced plans to step down at the end of the year. Parker cited her desire to help the organization address looming issues facing RBA members and the Rochester community.
- Only hard work wrings benefits from a merger
- Non-profit seeks to bring social impact bonds here
- Grant to help the Strong establish America at Play exhibit
The Strong has received $149,903 grant to aid in the transition of its second floor into an interactive exhibit called America at Play.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: InterVol Inc.
- Awards to honor 22 for work in non-profit arena
Eighteen individuals and four organizations will be honored at the 2013 Greater Rochester Awards for their contributions to the non-profit sector.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: St. John's
- Foundation investing in a healthier Rochester
- RBJ 75: The private company CEOs
- Non-Profit Organizations
Information was provided by representatives of local non-profit organizations that responded to an email or telephone survey, or from IRS Form 990 filed by each organization.
- He campaigns to boost sex offender monitoring
- Happiness House, CP Rochester expand their partnership
- Warplane Museum planning for growth spurt
- Parker to retire as Rochester Business Alliance president, CEO
Sandra Parker plans to retire as president and CEO of the Rochester Business Alliance Inc. at the end of the year. Parker has been the RBA's top executive since becoming CEO in January 2005, after serving as president and chief operating officer upon its formation two years earlier.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: The Coffee Connection
- RPO elects new chairwoman
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra’s board of directors voted to make Dawn Lipson chairman, effective Sept. 1, upon the conclusion of Elizabeth Rice two-year term.
- Non-profit teams up with firm on for-profit effort