- Golisano Foundation gives $25 million to Special Olympics
The Golisano Foundation has committed $25 million to Special Olympics. It marks the largest single private gift in the Special Olympics organization's 47-year history.
- Non-Profit Report: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County
- Local banker, former Red Wings president Fred Strauss dies
Local business leader Fred Strauss died Friday morning, on his 88th birthday, family members said. He served as president of Rochester Community Baseball Inc. from 1984 to 1990.
- UR, RIT students win awards at Tibetan Innovation Challenge
Students from two area universities took top honors in a business plan contest and received awards from the Dalai Lama.
- Leading a historic institution
- Community Design Center director to retire in October
Joni Monroe, a founding member of the Community Design Center Rochester, will retire as its executive director Oct. 30. Under Monroe's leadership, the CDC Rochester has grown and extended its outreach to the nine-county Greater Rochester region.
- Non-Profit Report: Epilepsy Pralid Inc.
- Sunshine Campus opens treehouse for kids with special needs
Rochester Rotary Club, a Rotary International affiliate that owns and operates the Sunshine Campus, on Monday opened a new, fully accessible treehouse for children with paralysis and other physical challenges.
- Urban League gets more than $1 million for job training
The Urban League of Rochester has been awarded $1.05 million to provide job training for at-risk youths, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Friday.
- How to buy a computer on ShopGoodwill.com
- Non-Profit Report: Camp Good Days and Special Times Inc.
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Farash Foundation donates $2M to Jewish Family Service
Jewish Family Service of Rochester Inc. received a $2 million gift from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, officials announced Wednesday.
- VOA to shutter thrift stores, focus on mission-related programs
Volunteers of America Upstate New York plans to close all its upstate thrift stores and recycling operations to focus more fully on mission-related programs.
- Non-Profit Report: Community Design Center of Rochester
- Paley piece makes debut
- Raceway fundraiser to benefit Alzheimer's Association chapter
An indoor motorsports entertainment chain will be partnering with the Alzheimer's Association, Rochester & Finger Lakes Chapter to promote a day-long fundraiser on Sunday in Henrietta.
- RPO CEO announces plans to step down this fall
Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. president and CEO Charles Owens is stepping down in the fall, officials announced Wednesday. A national search for his replacement has begun.