- Blackfriars Theater announces new artistic director
For the first time in 35 years, the Blackfriars Theater will have a new artistic director. Danny Hoskins, current associate artistic director, will take up the position July 1when John Haldoupis retires, theater leaders announced.
- Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield opens $7 million expansion
The Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield unveiled a $7 million, 34,000-square-foot expansion on Monday, making it one of the largest YMCA branches in North America and one of the first medical and wellness complexes of its kind in the area.
- Non-Profit Report: It's About Caring for Kids Inc.
- Hillside Family of Agencies affiliates with Binghamton-area facility
Hillside Family of Agencies is expanding its footprint to the Binghamton area with a new affiliation with the Stillwater Residential Treatment Facility.
- New York ranks near the bottom for volunteerism rate
New York has the second-lowest rate of volunteerism, a new report from 24/7 Wall St. LLC shows.
- United Way taps Weisberg as next CEO
- Non-Profit Report: Trillium Health Inc.
- Weisberg named to succeed Carpino as United Way president, CEO
The United Way of Greater Rochester Inc. has a new leader. The agency announced Wednesday that Fran Weisberg will become president and CEO beginning in May.
- Non-Profit Report: Urban League of Rochester N.Y. Inc.,
- Breaking the cycle
Rochester is known for having an extremely philanthropic, resource-rich populace, yet we maintain a large gap between the rich and the poor.
- Fast Start: Preserving the future
- Non-profit gets new tools at Dallas event
- Non-Profit Report: The Little Theatre Film Society Inc.
- Passion for mission drives non-profit's leader
Xerox veteran Marlene Bessette took the helm of Catholic Family Center in 2014
- Non-Profit Report: The Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley
- RBTL board reports budget surplus at end of 2014
The Rochester Broadway Theatre League has a six-figure budget surplus for the sixth year in a row. At the first board meeting of 2015, the RBTL’s finance chair reported that fiscal year 2014 ended with a budget surplus of $111,452.
- Golisano Foundation renews campaign to end 'R-Word'
The Golisano Foundation again is leading an effort to help Rochester eliminate the “R-Word.”
- Emergency heating fund program gets $410,000 in donations
A program that helps Rochester Gas and Electric Corp. and New York State Electric & Gas Corp. customers who are facing an energy emergency got donations of $410,000, officials announced last week.