- Sunshine Campus opens treehouse for kids with special needs
Rochester Rotary Club, a Rotary International affiliate that owns and operates the Sunshine Campus, on Monday opened a new, fully accessible treehouse for children with paralysis and other physical challenges.
- Urban League gets more than $1 million for job training
The Urban League of Rochester has been awarded $1.05 million to provide job training for at-risk youths, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Friday.
- How to buy a computer on ShopGoodwill.com
- Non-Profit Report: Camp Good Days and Special Times Inc.
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Farash Foundation donates $2M to Jewish Family Service
Jewish Family Service of Rochester Inc. received a $2 million gift from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, officials announced Wednesday.
- VOA to shutter thrift stores, focus on mission-related programs
Volunteers of America Upstate New York plans to close all its upstate thrift stores and recycling operations to focus more fully on mission-related programs.
- Non-Profit Report: Community Design Center of Rochester
- Paley piece makes debut
- Raceway fundraiser to benefit Alzheimer's Association chapter
An indoor motorsports entertainment chain will be partnering with the Alzheimer's Association, Rochester & Finger Lakes Chapter to promote a day-long fundraiser on Sunday in Henrietta.
- RPO CEO announces plans to step down this fall
Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. president and CEO Charles Owens is stepping down in the fall, officials announced Wednesday. A national search for his replacement has begun.
- Founding director Flaherty to retire from Writers & Books
For the first time in 35 years, Writers & Books Inc. will have someone other than Joe Flaherty at the helm.
- National honor bestowed on Eastman House collection
A collection at George Eastman House is in the national spotlight.
- Impact of RBJ 75 more than payroll alone
The top employers also are big purchasers of local goods, services
- Non-Profit Report: The Arc of Monroe County, NYSARC Inc.
- Non-profit firms join in merger
- Non-Profit Report: AutismUp
- Evaluating auditors is tough; these questions can help