- The poverty numbers
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
- Nonprofit Report: The Rochester Childfirst Network
- Sulkes receives Golisano Health Leadership Award
Special Olympics New York on Thursday honored Stephen Sulkes M.D. of Rochester as the 2016-17 Golisano Health Leadership Award honoree.
- Nonprofits see relief on health care costs
- Achieving the appropriate level of auditor attestation
- Nonprofit Report: CASA of Rochester/Monroe County Inc.
- Rates of domestic violence here grew from 2014 to 2015
Rates of domestic violence in the city of Rochester are 2.5 times higher than statewide rates and grew 5 percent from 2014 to 2015, a new report states.
- Foodlink makes final funding push for kitchen facility
Foodlink Inc. is looking for contributions from the public to raise the final $600,000 it needs for its new $4.9 million community kitchen.
- Officials mark opening of Eastman Gardens
Home Leasing LLC and New York State Homes and Community Renewal joined elected officials Wednesday to celebrate the opening of Eastman Gardens Senior Housing Community, a $20.7 million project in Rochester’s Marketview Heights neighborhood.
- Nonprofit Report: Water for South Sudan Inc.
- Leading nonprofit to the future
Jewish Senior Life CEO Michael King oversees a $58 million organization
- Community Foundation marks record year
Five area philanthropists were honored Thursday as the Rochester Area Community Foundation celebrated a year of record giving—both from donors and to grantees.
- JCC to mark completion of $15M project
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester Inc. is slated to celebrate the completion of its $15 million renovation and expansion project Friday.
- Nonprofit Report: Blackfriars of Rochester, N.Y.
- Area museums received $417,000 in funding
Three Rochester museums are in line to receive a total of more than $400,000 in federal funds targeted to expand their projects and collections.
- Urban Land Institute New York seeks project nominations
Urban Land Institute New York has opened nominations for its second annual Awards for Excellence in Development, a statewide contest for responsible land use and development practices.
- A dozen finalists announced for the National Toy Hall of Fame
Pinball, Nerf, the Care Bears and bubble wrap are four of the finalists announced Tuesday by the Strong for induction into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- New campaign kicks off for Fashion Week
Fashion Week of Rochester 2016 has a new campaign as it prepares for its events next month, officials announced Monday.
- Upstate Venture Association gets new executive director
The Upstate Venture Association of New York has a new executive director.
- Kilbourn receives fresh look