- RPO elects new chairwoman
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra’s board of directors voted to make Dawn Lipson chairman, effective Sept. 1, upon the conclusion of Elizabeth Rice two-year term.
- Non-profit teams up with firm on for-profit effort
- Organizations look for revenue in new places
- Newly merged Red Cross branches name new CEO
The newly merged Red Cross branches in the Western New York and Finger Lakes Regions have a new leader. Nancy Blaschak has been named regional CEO of Red Cross in Western New York and the Finger Lakes Region.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: Geva Theatre Center
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: Eight 4 Third World Hope
- East House receives largest gift in its history
East House Corp. has received a $524,898 gift, the largest in its history, from one of its founders. The gift was from a trust established by Paul Wolk, who in 1966 joined five others in establishing East House
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: Coordinated Care Services Inc.
- Addiction recovery agency takes new direction
- Non-profits here seek to buck national trend
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: The Memorial Art Gallery
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: Theatre Young Kids Enjoy Inc.
- RPO annual meeting details deficit, ousting of Remmereit
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. held its annual meeting Wednesday, detailing a year in which it had a $746,000 operating deficit.
- RPO to perform at festival at Carnegie Hall in 2014
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra has been selected to play in a Spring for Music festival next May at Carnegie Hall.
- Eastman students to perform at presidential inauguration event
Four students from the Eastman School of Music will get a chance to play for a big audience—the president of the United States.
- Red Kettle campaign reaches goal, raises nearly $600K
The Salvation Army of Greater Rochester surpassed its goal for the 2012 Red Kettle Campaign. It is the second year in a row it has exceeded its target.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: Flower City Habitat for Humanity Inc.
Flower City Habitat for Humanity Inc. builds homes and revitalizes neighborhoods in the city of Rochester. Since 1984 it has built more than 190 homes in low-income neighborhoods, including 34 in the JOSANA area west of downtown, where its goal is to build 100.
- A battle with the unknown: Non-profits face hurdle to woo year-end givers
Uncertainty on federal tax changes for 2013 has created a challenge for non-profits looking to raise funds during the key year-end giving period.
- NON-PROFIT REPORT: The American Red Cross, Finger Lakes NY Region
- Non-Profits, Part 1
Information was provided by individual charitable organizations, cultural organizations or human service providers in Monroe County that are designated non-profit by New York and that responded to an email survey, or from copies of IRS Form 990 filed by each organization. Ranked by expenditures for fiscal year 2011.