- SUNY Brockport surpasses campaign fundraising goal
SUNY College at Brockport has surpassed its $25 million fundraising goal for its first major comprehensive campaign—16 months ahead of schedule.
- The 75/45 gala
- 'A lot of hard work': Garth Fagan on 45 years
In 1970, Garth Fagan launched a dance company with untrained dancers--the first of many dauntless steps taken by the renowned choreographer over the last 45 years. See the full-length Q&A from today's print edition of the Rochester Business Journal.
- Debut performance set for Lyric Theatre
The Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. is holding its first performance at the newly announced Lyric Theatre on Friday. The concert will be a benefit to help raise funds for the new venue, organizers said.
- $1 million gift to transform UR Library
Evans and Susanna Lam have committed $1 million to the River Campus Libraries to establish the Evans and Susanna Lam Library Revitalization Fund. The fund will support the modernization of the patron services area in Rush Rhees Library, which will be named Evans Lam Square.
- Affinity Place to offer new respite service
- Non-Profit Report: Chances and Changes Inc.
- Non-Profit Report: Rochester Area Crime Stoppers Inc.
- Commission focuses on children with mental health issues
To address shortfalls in area services for children with mental health issues, the Greater Rochester Health Foundation has organized a Commission on Children’s Behavioral Health, officials said Thursday.
- Rochester Lyric Opera to turn church into performing arts venue
Rochester will have a new major performing arts venue, the owners announced Wednesday morning. Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. has purchased the former First Church of Christ, Scientist at 440 East Ave. for $1.2 million. The opera group plans to spend an additional $6 million to renovate the 100-year-old landmark structure.
- RBJ Health Care Achievement Awards Picture Page
- Strategic plan should identify strengths and weaknesses
- Non-Profit Report: The Irish Children's Program of Rochester
- Senators urged selection of N.Y. proposal for photonics institute
A joint proposal from Rochester Institute of Technology and the University of Rochester to create an Integrated Photonics Institute for Manufacturing Innovation has received a boost this week.
- Blackfriars Theater announces new artistic director
For the first time in 35 years, the Blackfriars Theater will have a new artistic director. Danny Hoskins, current associate artistic director, will take up the position July 1when John Haldoupis retires, theater leaders announced.
- Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield opens $7 million expansion
The Eastside Family YMCA in Penfield unveiled a $7 million, 34,000-square-foot expansion on Monday, making it one of the largest YMCA branches in North America and one of the first medical and wellness complexes of its kind in the area.
- Non-Profit Report: It's About Caring for Kids Inc.
- $11 million pledge pushes UR above $1.2 billion goal
- Hillside Family of Agencies affiliates with Binghamton-area facility
Hillside Family of Agencies is expanding its footprint to the Binghamton area with a new affiliation with the Stillwater Residential Treatment Facility.