- Golisano Foundation, Golisano make Forbes list of top givers
The Golisano Foundation and Thomas Golisano, founder and chairman of Paychex Inc., made a Forbes magazine’s list of the top 30 givers and causes announced this month.
- Entrepreneurs tap library for critical info
Jake Muhleman discovered an African palm liquor in the nation of Benin that he was interested in bringing to market in the United States. Mark Juba, a former Eastman Kodak Co. manager, was considering a potential startup involved with organic light-emitting diodes.
- RPO announces community challenge
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. announced a $250,000 community challenge Thursday that will double donations to the orchestra’s annual fund through the end of the year.
- Abundance Co-op breaks ground at new South Ave. location
Rochester’s Abundance Co-op has begun construction at its new location at 571 South Ave., officials announced Wednesday.
- Roc the Day raises nearly $750,000 for area nonprofits
Donations made through ROC the Day will benefit more than 500 area nonprofits, as almost $750,000 was contributed during the 24 hours of so-called Giving Tuesday.
- Arc Foundation plans push to expand funding
- Nonprofit Report: The Regional Center for Independent Living Inc.
- Center for Dispute Settlement leader to step down at yearend
The president and CEO of The Center for Dispute Settlement Inc. has announced plans to step down at the end of this year after almost 12 years at the helm.
- Nonprofit Report: R Community Bikes Inc.
- The best way to eliminate nasty bosses is to manage yourself
- CEO uses patience, resolve
James Norman has led Action for a Better Community since 1992
- Nonprofit Report: The Society for the Protection and Care of Children
- ABW founder Korn wins Farash Prize, $100,000 for Willow
Phyllis Korn, former executive director of Willow Domestic Violence Center, received the 2016 Farash Prize for Social Entrepreneurship on Tuesday night. She is past executive director for Alternatives for Battered Women Inc., which was rebranded in 2015 as Willow, and founder of its first shelter.
- 2016 Greater Rochester Awards
- Awards celebrate local dedication to giving back
- The poverty numbers
Dozens of organizations and thousands of area residents are committed to the long battle against poverty here.
- Nonprofit Report: Rochester City Ballet Inc.
- Nonprofit Report: The Rochester Childfirst Network
- Sulkes receives Golisano Health Leadership Award
Special Olympics New York on Thursday honored Stephen Sulkes M.D. of Rochester as the 2016-17 Golisano Health Leadership Award honoree.
- Nonprofits see relief on health care costs