Public Companies News
- Paychex appoints Bonadio to board
Paychex Inc. has expanded its board of directors to 10 members and appointed Thomas Bonadio to fill the new seat.
- Kodak to take restructuring charges related to Prosper business
Eastman Kodak Co. expects to take restructuring and related charges of $12 million to $17 million connected to its effort to streamline costs in its Prosper business as it continues to try to sell the operation, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission states.
- B&L parent announces asset sales; stock lags
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. this week announced the first of what chairman and CEO Joseph Papa has promised will be a string of asset sales to help the company chip away at a mountain of debt.
- Portfolio: Barnes & Noble Inc.
- Ektachrome film to be brought back
Eastman Kodak Co. and Kodak Alaris Holdings Ltd. are bringing back the iconic Ektachrome film. Kodak will produce Ektachrome in Rochester.
- Constellation Brands beats expectations for Q3 profit, sales
Constellation Brands Inc. on Thursday reported an increase in third-quarter profit and sales, beating Street estimates. Net income attributable to Constellation Brands was $406 million, or $1.98 a share, versus net income of $270.5 million, or $1.33 a share, a year ago.
- Xerox and Conduent split, begin trading separately
Xerox Corp. on Tuesday reported the completion its separation of Conduent Inc., creating two publicly traded companies. In Monroe County, Xerox employs some 5,500 workers; Conduent has slightly more than 600 local employees.
- Xerox's decision to split is region's top business story of 2016
- Constellation Brands shares post modest gain in 2016
Constellation Brands Inc. ended 2016 with a stock-price gain that trailed the S&P 500 Index, after spending most of the year outperforming it.
- Portfolio: Seneca Foods Corp. (NAS-SENEA)
- Hoover named Xerox CTO
Xerox Corp. has named Stephen Hoover chief technology officer, effective Jan. 1, succeeding Sophie Vandebroek, who will retire at the end of this year.
- Paychex exceeds expectations for Q2
Paychex Inc. reported a rise in net income to $202.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2017, surpassing Wall Street expectations.
- Constellation Brands completes sale of Canadian wine business
Constellation Brands Inc. has completed the sale of its Canadian wine business to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for roughly $769 million. The transaction includes Canadian wine brands such as Jackson-Triggs and Inniskillin.
- Portfolio: EnPro Industries Inc. (NY-NPO)
- Portfolio: Parker Hannifin Corp. (NY-PH)
- Xerox names its post-split CFO
Xerox Corp. has named the chief financial officer to serve the company following the completion of Xerox’s planned separation into two publicly traded companies at year end.
- Portfolio: Sears Holding Corp. (NAS-SHLD)
- Vuzix expects to raise $14.5M through sale of shares
Vuzix Corp. has entered into agreements to sell 2 million shares of its common stock at a price of $7.25 a share, officials announced. The sale is expected to close Friday.
- Portfolio: Monroe Muffler/Brake Inc. (NAS-MNRO)
- Portfolio: Walmart Stores Inc.