Public Companies News
- Report touts benefits of working from home
Workers in New York State could save nearly $12,000 a year by working from home, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Torvec reports net loss, to focus on WAM Watch
Torvec Inc. continued to report losses in revenue and earnings in 2014 and has narrowed its development focus to two products, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission show.
- Frontier selects new CEO; Wilderotter to serve as executive chairman
Frontier Communications Corp. will have a new CEO effective April 3. The telecommunications company announced Tuesday Daniel McCarthy will become CEO next month, replacing Maggie Wilderotter.
- VirtualScopics posts bigger loss for Q4, year
VirtualScopics Inc. on Thursday reported a net loss for the fourth quarter of $1.1 million, or 38 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $1 million, or 35 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year ago.
- B&L helps Valeant deliver strong '14 results
- Portfolio: The Cooper Companies (NY-COO)
Portfolio is a weekly report compiled from the proxy statement and annual report of a publicly held company with local headquarters or a company with a major division in the area. View this week's Portfolio.
- B&L parent Valeant shares jump on news of deal to buy Salix
Sent sharply higher by Sunday’s news that it plans to acquire Salix Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares on Monday continued to hold ground they gained at the market’s opening bell.
- Portfolio: ADT Corp. (NY-ADT)
- IEC to submit plan of compliance to NYSE
IEC Electronics Corp. plans to submit a plan of compliance to the New York Stock Exchange after receiving a letter from the exchange stating the company was not in compliance with certain regulations.
- Portfolio: Stewart Information Service Corp. - (NY-STC)
- Former IEC president named CEO
IEC Electronics Corp.’s former number-two executive is now its CEO. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the electronics manufacturer named Jeffrey Schlarbaum as president and CEO.
- Panel, leaders optimistic for area economy
- Trust and teamwork, good habits and goals boost success
- RBJ Daily
- VirtualScopics makes changes to board of directors
VirtualScopics Inc. has announced two appointments to—and one departure from—its board of directors.
- Ultralife reports jump in net income, dip in revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday its net income jumped to $853,000 from $69,000.
- Shares climb as Genesee & Wyoming reports profit up
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. shares climbed Tuesday after the company reported fourth-quarter net income of $87.6 million, up from net income of $58.1 million a year ago.
- Transcat moves L.A. area lab to Fullerton, Calif.
Transcat Inc. has relocated its Los Angeles area lab from Anaheim to Fullerton, Calif., officials announced Monday. Both Anaheim and Fullerton are in Orange County, some 25 miles south of Los Angeles.