Public Companies News
- Uni-Pixel ends joint activities with Kodak
Uni-Pixel Inc. has ended its partnership with Eastman Kodak Co. Kodak plans to move forward on its own with the development of the touch screen technology.
- Xerox sales, profit down in Q1, matches expectations
Xerox Corp. stock was trading down roughly 10 percent Friday after the company reported first-quarter financial results in-line with analyst estimates, but saw profit and revenue decline. The company also lowered its outlook for earnings for the year.
- Gannett tops profit expectations, misses on revenue
Gannett Co. Inc. on Tuesday reported $112.8 million in first-quarter net income, excluding special items, a 4 percent increase from a year ago.
- ConServe exec wins HR Executive of the Year Award
The Rochester affiliate of the National Human Resources Association on Tuesday named George Huyler the 2015 HR Executive of the Year Winner and Outstanding Strategic Leadership Award Winner. The second annual luncheon was held at Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford.
- Harris gives early look at Q3 results
Harris Corp. announced Tuesday preliminary fiscal third-quarter financial results, in order to expand timing options for completing the permanent debt financing for its pending acquisition of Exelis Inc.
- RF Communications gets $74 million in orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications has received $74 million in orders from an undisclosed international customer to deliver tactical radios as the next phase of the country’s tactical communications modernization program.
- M&T, Hudson City extend deadline for merger
M&T Bank Corp. could be taking a bit longer to move forward on a planned merger with New Jersey-based Hudson City Bancorp Inc.
- Vuzix acquires pair of patents
Vuzix Corp. has acquired two patents for an undisclosed price. One patent covers gesture controls of 3-D virtual objects; the other focuses on ambient light management in see-through wearable displays.
- Portfolio: Earthlink Holdings Corp.
- Analysts look for Q1 profit drop at Xerox
- Graham Corp. sees 6 percent rise in orders for FY2015
Graham Corp. was awarded $136.5 million in orders during fiscal 2015, which is up 6 percent from orders logged in fiscal 2014, the Batavia firm said.
- Corning, OLEDWorks ink agreement
Corning Inc. announced an agreement Monday with OLEDWorks LLC, a Rochester-based company.
- RF Communications receives $27 million order
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications division has received $27 million in orders from the U.S. Special Operations Command for the company’s manpack and handheld tactical radios.
- Portfolio: Eastman Kodak Co. (NYS-KODK)
- FTC eyes impact of merger
- Fifteen finalists are selected for annual award
Fifteen financial executives from the business and non-profit sectors have been selected as finalists for the 2015 Financial Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes contributions to their organizations and the community during the past year.
- LeChase acquires Westchester County firm C.W. Brown
LeChase Construction Services LLC has acquired C.W. Brown Inc. in Armonk, Westchester County, for an undisclosed sum. Under the agreement, which took effect April 1, C.W. Brown will operate as a division of LeChase, with the same workforce and market focus.
- Xerox CEO Burns pay package jumps in 2014
Ursula Burns, Xerox Corp. chairman and CEO, received a flat base salary in 2014 compared with 2013, but a 40 percent increase in her total compensation, the company’s proxy statement filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows.
- Allow staff to work at home but clarify expectations, limits
- Portfolio: Home Properties Inc. (NY-HME)