Public Companies News
- Xerox names its post-split CFO
Xerox Corp. has named the chief financial officer to serve the company following the completion of Xerox’s planned separation into two publicly traded companies at year end.
- Vuzix expects to raise $14.5M through sale of shares
Vuzix Corp. has entered into agreements to sell 2 million shares of its common stock at a price of $7.25 a share, officials announced. The sale is expected to close Friday.
- Portfolio: Walmart Stores Inc.
- Justice Dept. files criminal charges against former Valeant exec
Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s much battered parent, Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc., took another hit on Thursday as the Justice Department filed criminal charges against a former Valeant executive and the former CEO of Philidor Rx Services LLC, a onetime key distributor of Valeant products.
- Portfolio: The Carlyle Group L.P. (NAS-CG)
- Kodak posts profit in Q3
Eastman Kodak Co. on Wednesday reported net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $16 million for the third quarter, compared with a loss of $22 million a year ago.
- Seneca Foods reports dip in profit, jump in sales
Seneca Foods Corp. reported mixed second-quarter results Monday afternoon.
- New Xerox plans simplified structure
- Portfolio: Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NY-GWR)
- Frontier Communications posts 3Q loss, announces restructuring
Frontier Communications Corp. reported a net loss of $80 million in its third quarter, up from a net loss of $14 million during the same quarter a year ago. The Norwalk, Conn.-based company also announced plans to restructure the company after its acquisition of Verizon Wireline Operations in California, Texas and Florida markets on April 1.
- Genesee & Wyoming beats 3Q earnings forecasts
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. this week reported solid third-quarter financials, beating street estimates for earnings, but falling short of revenue expectations.
- Portfolio: BioTelemetry Inc.
- Ultralife sales rise, net income flat
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in third-quarter sales, due in part to higher sales in its communications systems’ business and an $11 million acquisition completed in January.
- Gannett posts net loss, shares fall
Gannett Co. Inc., the parent of the Democrat & Chronicle and D&C Digital, on Thursday reported a third-quarter net loss of $24.2 million, compared with a profit of $39.2 million, a year earlier.
- New Media Investment Group reports decline in Q3 net income
New Media Investment Group Inc. reported Thursday a decline in third-quarter net income. New Media acquired the Rochester Business Journal Inc. last month.
- Transcat reports record revenues in second quarter
Transcat Inc. reported record revenue in its fiscal second quarter, along with a 2.1 percent rise in net income.
- Portfolio: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc.(NY-DPS)
- Portfolio: Windstream Holdings Inc. (NAS:WIN)
- Public Companies
- Paychex expecting more strong growth