Public Companies News
- Graham shares jump 14% after posting Q1 profit
Graham Corp. on Thursday reported flat income for its fiscal 2016 first quarter and a decline in revenues.
- Golisano Foundation gives $25 million to Special Olympics
The Golisano Foundation has committed $25 million to Special Olympics. It marks the largest single private gift in the Special Olympics organization's 47-year history.
- Frontier CEO joins Constellation Brands board
Constellation Brands Inc. said Friday its board of directors increased the size of the board from nine to 10 members, electing Daniel McCarthy, Frontier Communications Corp. president and CEO, as its newest member.
- Xerox plans to lay off 3,000 workers companywide
Xerox Corp. said Friday it plans to decrease its companywide workforce by some 3,000 employees this year as part of a restructuring effort on the services side of the business.
- Portfolio: New York Stock Exchange - (NY-T)
- Five Star Bank parent posts smaller Q2 profit
Financial Institutions Inc., the parent of Five Star Bank, reported a smaller second-quarter profit compared with a year ago.
- Monro misses Q1 expectations, to acquire 31 stores
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported strong fiscal first-quarter financial results, but narrowly missed Street estimates.
- B&L parent Valeant posts Q2 loss, jump in revenues
Bausch & Lomb Inc. parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. on Thursday reported a net loss of $53 million, or 15 cents a diluted share. Eye-care company sales accounted for $243.1 million of the Quebec-based Valeant’s $2.7 billion in second-quarter revenues.
- 'Go-shop' period ends on Home Properties acquisition
Home Properties Inc. announced Thursday the "go-shop" period set forth in the previously announced merger agreement entered into with affiliates of Lone Star Funds and UDR Inc. has expired.
- Portfolio: United Technologies Corp.
- Analysts see declines in Q2 for Xerox
- Xerox changes health care strategy, to take $145 million charge
Xerox Corp. said Friday it will change its government health care strategy, a move that will have an impact on its second-quarter financial results slated to be reported next week.
- Harris to add 100 jobs in Rochester within a year
Harris Corp. will add 100 new jobs to the Rochester area over the next 12 months, with the potential to later add another 50 positions, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., announced Wednesday.
- Midtown Parking Garage opens again
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren announced Monday the Midtown Parking Garage is available for monthly and hourly parking. The garage will be open seven days a week, with entry on Clinton Avenue between Court and East Broad streets.
- Portfolio: General Motors Co.
- The Record
- IEC sells Southern California Braiding for $2.5 million
IEC Electronics Corp. said Friday it has sold its Southern California Braiding Co. Inc. business to Los Angeles-based DCX-CHOL Enterprises Inc. for roughly $2.5 million--one-tenth of the price it paid for the firm less than five years ago.
- Harris Communication Systems segment to be based here
Harris Corp. on Friday said it will base its new Communication Systems segment in Rochester. The Florida-based company also plans to keep its corporate headquarters and two of its newly formed segments in the Sunshine State. A fourth segment is to be based in Herndon, Va.
- Constellation Brands cuts 11 positions
Constellation Brands Inc. recently reduced its local workforce by 11 employees, but the Victor, Ontario County-based firm has more employees than it did last year.
- Portfolio: Verizon Communications Inc. - (NY-VZ)