Public Companies News
- Icahn becomes Xerox second-largest shareholder; stock rises
News that billionaire investor Carl Icahn has taken a 7.1 percent stake in Xerox Corp. caused the company’s stock to jump in after-hours trading Monday, but it drifted lower Tuesday.
- Portfolio: Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NY-WMT)
- Portfolio: Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NY-GWR)
- Goldman Sachs forces stock move by Valeant CEO
Goldman Sachs last week forced Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. chairman and CEO Michael Pearson to give up more than 1 million Valeant shares he had pledged as security against a loan.
- Portfolio: Virtual Scopics Inc. (NAS-VSCP)
- Harris segment gets $10 million order for radios
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has received a $10 million order to supply its radios to an undisclosed Eastern European nation.
- Harris unit generates $138M in operating income
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment generated $454 million in revenue and $138 million in operating income during its fiscal first quarter.
- Seneca Foods posts profit, sales increase in Q2
Seneca Foods Corp. posted a profit and an increase in sales for its second quarter, driven by a favorable sales mix and higher selling price.
- OLEDWorks completes acquisition of Royal Philips assets
Rochester-based OLEDWorks LLC has completed the acquisition of key organic light-emitting diode light source assets and intellectual property from Koninklijke Philips N.V., officials said Monday.
- Seneca Foods acquires Michigan company
Seneca Foods Corp. has acquired Gray & Co., a Michigan-based provider of maraschino cherries and one of the largest providers of glace or candied fruit products.
- KeyCorp to acquire First Niagara in $4.1 billion deal
KeyCorp and First Niagara Financial Group announced Friday morning that they have reached a definitive agreement for KeyCorp to acquire First Niagara in a cash-and-stock transaction valued at some $4.1 billion.
- Kodak talks, stock slides
- G&W tops expectations despite difficult headwinds
Weakness in commodity groups, foreign currency depreciation and a weak economic environment had a considerable impact on Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s third-quarter earnings, the company reported Friday.
- Analysts find Xerox's future direction unclear
- Portfolio: Constellation Brands Inc. Class A (NY-STZ)
- Shares jump after Ultralife swings to profit in Q3
Ultralife Corp. reported a third-quarter profit and an increase in sales, driven partly by increased interest in new products.
- B&L subject of probe over possible illegal payments to doctors
Bausch & Lomb is the object of a federal criminal probe over possible illegal payments to doctors, eye-care company parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. revealed in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday.
- Xerox shares slip on third-quarter loss; board authorizes review
Shares of Xerox Corp. lost some ground Monday, after the company reported a third-quarter loss from continuing operations, due largely to a previously announced health enterprise charge and a drop in revenues. The company also announced its board of directors has authorized a review of the company’s business portfolio and capital allocation options.
- Kodak leaders outline plans, outlook
Eastman Kodak Co. officials on Friday spent several hours laying out its financial, technological and strategic plans to grow the company and drive its financial performance.