Public Companies News
- Exelis shareholders approve merger with Harris
Exelis Inc. announced Friday its shareholders approved the merger agreement for the acquisition of Exelis by Harris Corp. during its special meeting of shareholders. The companies expect the merger to close May 29, subject to remaining closing conditions.
- Monro posts record profit, misses expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record fourth-quarter net income, but missed Street estimates.
- Xerox will continue to differentiate itself, CEO tells shareholders
Xerox Corp. chairman and CEO Ursula Burns said the firm will continue to grow the services side of its business and differentiate itself from others in the industry in order to continue to drive long-term growth.
- Portfolio: Ultralife Corp. (NAS-ULBI)
- Martino Flynn wins award for Windstream campaign
Martino Flynn LLC won first place for Public Relations Campaign of the Year at the Business Marketing Association’s 2015 Global ACE Awards. The team’s campaign was designed to support Windstream Holdings Corp.’s business.
- Portfolio: ThermoFisher Scientific International Inc. (NY-TMO)
- VirtualScopics reports smaller loss, jump in revenues
VirtualScopics Inc. reported a small net loss along with increased revenues in the first quarter.
- IEC Electronics restates its financials--again
IEC Electronics Corp. said Thursday it would scrap its previously restated financial statements from fiscal 2014 as additional reporting errors have arisen.
- Kodak Q1 loss grows, revenues drop
Eastman Kodak Co. reported a bigger first-quarter net loss as its revenues declined.
- Earthlink's Q1 loss, revenues better than expected
Atlanta-based Earthlink Holdings Corp.—which has some 500 employees here—reported a net loss of $10.5 million, or 10 cents a share, in the first quarter.
- RF sales down, operating income up; Exelis deal eyed for June
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications business reported a slight drop in third-quarter revenues, but an increase in operating income.
- Fibertech acquired for $1.9B
- Q1 results show Xerox needs to foster growth
- Portifolio: ITT Corp. (NY-ITT)
- RF Communications to get portion of $3.89B Army contract
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based RF Communications business has been awarded a portion of a $3.89 billion, 10-year contract with the U.S. Army for its radios, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, announced.
- Tops parent reports preliminary results with net sales drop
Tops Holding II Corp.—parent company of Tops Friendly Markets LLC—reported a 4.4 percent drop in net sales to $722.9 million in its preliminary financial results for the period ending April 18.
- Valeant reports profit in Q1; CFO steps down
Positive first-quarter results announced by Bausch & Lomb parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. Wednesday were somewhat overshadowed by news that its Chief Financial Officer Howard Schiller is stepping down.
- Uni-Pixel ends joint activities with Kodak
Uni-Pixel Inc. has ended its partnership with Eastman Kodak Co. Kodak plans to move forward on its own with the development of the touch screen technology.
- Xerox sales, profit down in Q1, matches expectations
Xerox Corp. stock was trading down roughly 10 percent Friday after the company reported first-quarter financial results in-line with analyst estimates, but saw profit and revenue decline. The company also lowered its outlook for earnings for the year.