Public Companies News
- Windstream to cut 50 positions
here in EarthLink merger
Windstream Holdings Inc. made some major staffing changes in connection to the upcoming closing of its $1.1 billion merger with Atlanta-based EarthLink Holdings Corp., officials announced Friday.
- Conduent posts loss in first solo report
Conduent Inc. reported a year-over-year drop in fourth-quarter sales and a net loss; it was the company’s first separate financial results following its split from Xerox Corp. in January.
- Valeant deal with EyeGate bolsters B&L offerings
Bausch & Lomb Inc. parent Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. has signed an agreement giving the eye-care company exclusive rights to manufacture and market EyeGate Pharmaceuticals Inc.’s post-eye surgery products, officials of the companies said Tuesday.
- Kodak inks deal with French firm for tablets
Eastman Kodak Co. has selected France-based consumer electronics firm Archos S.A. as a brand licensee in the European tablet market.
- IEC posts Q1 loss on sharp decline in sales
IEC Electronics Corp. posted lower revenues and a net loss for its fiscal first quarter.
- Harris segment receives contract worth up to $403 million
Harris Corp.'s Rochester-based Communication Systems’ segment has been awarded a five-year contract that could reach $403 million from the Defense Logistics Agency for tactical radio spares and components.
- Vuzix gets OK to ship its M300 Smart Glasses
Vuzix Corp. is certified to ship its M300 Smart Glasses to Europe, Canada, Australia, India and New Zealand as well as the U.S., the company announced Monday.
- Suit comes amid background check questions
- Manning & Napier sees Q4 decline in economic net income
Manning & Napier Inc. reported fourth-quarter economic net income of $12.8 million, or 16 cents per adjusted share, compared with $16.4 million, or 20 cents an adjusted share, a year ago.
- Portfolio: The Cooper Companies
- Ultralife posts higher fourth-quarter net income, revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in fourth-quarter sales and profit, due, in part, to a recent acquisition along with higher sales in its Communications Systems segment.
- Unisys to lay off 178 in Henrietta
Unisys Corp., a global information technology company, is closing its call center at 280 Kenneth Drive in Henrietta, officials reported Monday in a state filing.
- Portfolio:Berry Plastics Inc. (NY-BERY)
- Local units of Harris Corp. see mixed results in second quarter
The local units of Florida-based Harris Corp. reported mixed results for its fiscal second quarter.
- Monro sales, earnings beat Street in Q3
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. reported record third-quarter sales and earnings on Wednesday, beating Street estimates.
- Graham sales rise in third quarter
Graham Corp. posted year-over-year gains in third-quarter sales and profit, due in part to increased sales in the power market.
- FSB reports Q4 net income of $499K
Net income at FSB Bancorp Inc., the holding company of Fairport Savings Bank, rose to $499,000 in the fourth quarter, up from $134,000 in the same period last year.
- Newly split Xerox reports drop in fourth-quarter profit, revenues
Shares of Xerox Corp. were down at midday after the company reported a drop in fourth-quarter sales and profit on Tuesday before markets opened. It was the company’s first report of its financial results since being split into two companies.
- Compensation for IEC chief executive rises 17%
The top executive at IEC Electronics Corp. reported an increase in compensation in 2016 over 2015, a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission shows.
- Transcat shares climb on Q3 sales, earnings rise
Transcat Inc. reported record quarterly revenue of $37.8 million in the firm’s fiscal 2017 third quarter as well increased net income.