Public Companies News
- Nominees sought for Canandaigua Athena Award
The Canandaigua Athena Steering Committee seeks nominees for its Canandaigua Athena Award and its Canandaigua Athena Young Professional Leadership Award.
- Portfolio: Frontier Communications Corp. (NAS-FTR)
- Portfolio: General Electric of Fairfield Conn.
- PepsiCo, Tops partner to provide help to families in need
About 800 Rochester families received food and personal care products from an annual partnership involving PepsiCo Inc., Tops Friendly Markets and the nonprofit Feed the Children.
- Kodak reports second-quarter profit, though revenues declined
Eastman Kodak Co. said Tuesday it returned to profitability in the second quarter despite a 9 percent drop in revenues.
- B&L parent's shares jump 25% after second-quarter report
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares were trading nearly 25 percent higher Tuesday afternoon on the Quebec-based Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent’s release of its second-quarter results.
- Portfolio: The Home Depot
- Keeping a focus on the customer
Ragni Mehta leads a roughly $1 billion organization at Xerox
- Xerox plans additional mergers and acquisitions in 2016
- Harris units here post mixed results for fourth quarter
Florida-based Harris Corp. on Tuesday reported mixed results at its local units for the fourth-quarter, with the communications segment posting drops in year-over-year sales and operating income, while the space and intelligence systems segment reported increases in each.
- Seneca Foods posts net loss in Q1, stock declines
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a first-quarter net loss despite an increase in sales. It reported a net loss of $100,000, or a penny a diluted share, versus net income of $300,000, or 29 cents a diluted share, for the same period the year prior.
- Genesee & Wyoming tops expectations for second quarter
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on Monday reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter, beating Street estimates.
- Xerox tops Q2 expectations, gives update on planned split
Shares of Xerox Corp. were up Friday afternoon after the company beat Street estimates on second-quarter earnings per share and announced updated plans on its progress toward separating into two independent publicly traded companies.
- KeyCorp acquisition of First Niagara Financial Group closes
KeyCorp late Friday afternoon said it closed the deal on its acquisition of First Niagara Financial Group Inc., allowing the planned merger of KeyBank and First Niagara Bank to move forward.
- Portfolio: United Technologies Corp. (NY-UTX)
- Monro Muffler profit declines but tops expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported a slight increase in fiscal first-quarter sales, but a decline in net income.
- Ultralife posts smaller profit, higher sales
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in second-quarter net income, while its sales increased, helped by its communications systems’ segment.
- Constellation Brands adds Tiffany CEO to board
Constellation Brands Inc. has elected Tiffany & Co. CEO Frederic Cumenal to its board of directors, increasing the size of its board to 11 members.
- Portfolio: General Motors Co.
- Forecasters expect decline in Xerox's second-quarter revenue