Public Companies News
- Ultralife gets $8.2 million contract from Thales
Ultralife Corp. has been awarded an $8.2 million contract to supply its communications systems to Thales Defense & Security Inc.
- Xerox acquires Massachusetts firm, expands offerings
Xerox Corp. has acquired inVentive Patient Access Solutions LLC, a patient access and reimbursement services business for pharmaceutical companies.
- Home Properties sets meeting for deal approval
Home Properties Inc. plans to hold a special meeting of stockholders in October asking for approval to be acquired by a global private-equity firm.
- Xerox launches new brand strategy
Xerox Corp. has launched a new brand strategy that focuses on making work easier to navigate.
- CooperVision plans opening for new local offices
CooperVision Inc. plans a Thursday grand opening for its new local offices.
- Xerox agrees to acquire Ill. company
Xerox Corp. said Monday it has signed definitive agreement to acquire Illinois-based RSA Medical LLC, a provider of medical assessment and medical management for patients interacting with life and health insurance companies.
- Transcat acquires San Diego company
Transcat Inc. has acquired San Diego-based Anmar Metrology Inc.—a calibration and repair firm that targets the life science and defense markets—officials announced Monday.
- Paychex moves strengthen its national reputation
Paychex Inc. has made strides over the last several years to establish itself as a resource of small-business sector expertise. Now company officials say those efforts are paying off in the form of inroads with potential clients and a growing national reputation.
- Portfolio: Frontier Communications Corp. (NY-FTR)
- Harris segment to bid for $7B in Army radio orders
Harris Corp.’s Rochester-based Communications Systems segment is entering a bid for up to $7 billion in radio orders from the U.S. Army, Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Friday.
- Portfolio: General Electric Fairfield
- Stellar results for Constellation Brands
- Portfolio: Time Warner Cable Inc. of New York (NY-TWC)
- RF Communications posts higher sales, operating income in Q4
The former RF Communications division of Harris Corp. posted increases in its fourth-quarter sales and operating income, driven by growth in its tactical communications’ business.
- Windstream posts second-quarter loss
Windstream Holdings Inc., parent of Arkansas-based telecommunications firm Windstream Corp., reported a second-quarter loss.
- IEC posts loss in third quarter, impacted by divestiture
IEC Electronics Corp. reported a third-quarter net loss Wednesday, due in part to the divestiture of its struggling California operation.
- Five Star Bank reveals plans for first Brighton location
Five Star Bank has announced plans for its first branch in Brighton, a location in the Twelve Corners Plaza scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2016.
- Wolters Kluwer hires Nole; Carestream promotes Bennett
Netherlands-based Wolters Kluwer NV on Tuesday said it has named Carestream Health Inc. executive Diana Nole as CEO of its health division starting Sept. 8. Separately, Carestream announced the appointment of Jianqing Bennett to head the digital medical solutions business unit Nole led.
- Constellation completes purchase of luxury wine brand Meiomi
Constellation Brands Inc. has completed the acquisition of the Meiomi luxury wine brand, a deal announced last month.