Real Estate News
- California company acquires Closing USA
Closing USA LLC, a national title, escrow and settlement company with offices on Elmgrove Road in Gates, has been acquired by loanDepot LLC, a consumer lending company based in California.
- New tower attracts residents and businesses
- Broadtree Residential acquires Atlanta area portfolio for $8.5M
Broadtree Residential, a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, has acquired a portfolio of 120 single-family residential homes in suburban Atlanta for roughly $8.5 million.
- Home sales drop 8% in third quarter
Area home sales decreased 8.1 percent in the third quarter compared with a year ago, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors Inc. reported Thursday.
- Independent Living Communities
- Assistive Living Communities
- Project work begins: Apartments planned for former fairgrounds site
- REIT acquires Atlanta-area site
- RE/MAX leaders here expect lift from change
- Council considers new law: Some landlords upset by income source rule
A proposal before the Rochester City Council has upset some local landlords, but the same law has been in effect in Buffalo for 10 years without causing many problems, housing officials there said.
- Finger Lakes area residents pay among highest property taxes
Finger Lakes residents pay some of the highest property taxes in the state, a new report from an Albany think tank shows. The highest property tax bills on median-value homes in 2015 primarily were in Pittsford, Mendon and Victor, the report shows.
- Why is epoxy flooring in high demand?
Epoxy flooring and cement flooring is a rapidly growing industry, at the same time it is a profitable alternative for small businesses.
- Property Management Firms
- Region ranks near bottom for renters
Rochester ranks among the bottom quarter of cities for renters, a report from WalletHub shows.
- Deal offers new future for church
- Homes sales up 9.6 percent in Monroe County in Q2
Monroe County home sales increased 9.6 percent in the second quarter compared with a year ago, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors Inc. reported Thursday.
- Deadline for Parcel 5 proposals extended
Mayor Lovely Warren is extending the deadline for proposals to develop Midtown’s Parcel 5 until September.
- RealtyUSA merges with Nothnagle parent Howard Hanna
RealtyUSA in Buffalo is now part of the same firm as Rochester-based Nothnagle Realtors, announcing Wednesday it has merged with Howard Hanna Real Estate Services. Nothnagle merged with Howard Hanna last May.
- Former executive sues after he leaves REIT
Home Properties Inc.’s onetime controller claims the locally based real estate investment trust’s new owner owes him more than $600,000.
- Resource One Realty seeks to grow with its expansion