Real Estate News
- Most readers oppose downtown casino
A new proposal has brought fresh attention to the topic of locating a casino in downtown Rochester—an idea first raised more than a decade ago. As before, the idea has both fans and foes.
- Sibley Building work to begin with closing on $71M of financing
The developers of the Sibley Building downtown said Tuesday afternoon they have closed on $71 million of financing that will kick off construction and redevelopment of nearly 500,000 square feet of the structure downtown.
- Quote of the week
- Broadstone Net Lease acquires properties for $54.6 million
Broadstone Net Lease Inc. on Wednesday announced the acquisition of two properties for a combined purchase price of $54.6 million.
- Nearly 700 attend Downtown Real Estate Revival Power Breakfast
Andrew Gallina believes innovation and creativity are key drivers of growth downtown. He made his remarks at the Downtown Real Estate Revival, part of the Rochester Business Journal's Power Breakfast series.
- $15M site set to open
- Home sales climb nearly 16% in Q1
Area home sales increased 15.9 percent in the first quarter compared with a year ago, the Greater Rochester Association of Realtors Inc. reported Thursday.
- Prominent developer Costello dies
Anthony Costello, the developer behind massive local projects including CityGate and the Reserve on the Erie Canal, has died, his company said Monday. Mr. Costello was the founder, chairman and CEO of the Costello Group and CEO of Anthony J. Costello & Son Development LLC.
- Young Women's College Prep to move to new site
Young Women’s College Prep, Rochester’s first all-girls charter school, announced its relocation Wednesday to a building better suited to its growing size and program needs.
- 80 units headed to East End: DHD Ventures sees July opening for $9M project
- 'Environment of civility' at workplace is the goal
- Faber Homes puts lots for sale at new development
The first nine lots at Faber Homes’ Queen’s Park residential community in Henrietta are now available for sale.
- Morgan Management builds executive team
- Residential Real Estate Firms
- Broadstone buys Va. building leased by Wegmans
Broadstone Net Lease Inc., a private real estate investment trust managed by Broadstone Real Estate LLC, has acquired a property in Sterling, Va. tenanted by Wegmans Food Markets Inc. in a $27 million deal.
- Morgan, Christa close on Hyatt purchase
Local developers Morgan Management LLC and Christa Cos. have closed on the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown in a $16 million deal.
- Morgan and Christa to buy Hyatt in $16 million deal
Local developers Morgan Management LLC and Christa Cos. are buying the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown in a $16 million deal.
- Vacancy rate dips for offices
The Rochester area is seeing a drop in downtown office vacancy rates and the increased need for construction in the industrial arena.
- Owning a second home as a winter escape: Is it for you?