Real Estate News
- Programs to help low-income homeowners
The Rochester Area Community Foundation and a Syracuse non-profit plan to help launch new programs to help low-income Rochester-area and central New York homeowners make energy saving repairs and improvements, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Rochester Top 100: Agents play critical role in growth of company
Re/Max Plus began with a single employee when it was founded in 2007
- New York single-family home prices rise 8.2 percent
- Home Leasing selected to develop Charlotte Street project
Home Leasing LLC has been named the developer for the Charlotte Street redevelopment project, the city announced Monday afternoon.
- N.Y. ranks 10th most expensive for real estate property taxes
New York ranks among the most expensive state for real estate property taxes but is one of 24 states with no vehicle property tax, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Apartment Complexes
- Downtown Rental Properties
- Gallina acquires Chase Tower
Gallina Development Corp. has acquired Chase Tower in downtown Rochester with plans to redevelop the 26-story structure into a mixed-use building that will include redesigned office space, retail and restaurant space, and high-rise apartments and condominiums.
- Home Properties buys N.J. apartment community for $31 million
Home Properties Inc. has purchased a 241-unit apartment community in New Jersey for $31 million in cash, or some $128,600 per apartment unit.
- Residential Real Estate Firms
- Real Estate Developers
- New beginning for a site with a rich history
One of Rochester’s top companies in the 1800s and 1900s was James Cunningham Son & Co. The company initially made horse-drawn coaches and later automobiles.
- Ferrara Jerum adds investment sales group
Rochester real estate consulting firm Ferrara Jerum International LLC has added an investment sales group led by former First Niagara Bank N.A. executive Nicholas Capanna, officials said Friday.
- Class A Office Parks
Ranked by total square feet.
- Mercier Realty under investigation by state
Henrietta real estate firm Mercier Realty Inc. is among nine companies being investigated for possible predatory lending, state officials said Tuesday.
- COMIDA approves tax breaks for Edge of the Wedge
Buckingham Properties LLC was approved Tuesday for tax exemptions totaling $481,326 to support its $5.2 million Edge of the Wedge development on South Clinton Avenue.
- Thousands attend service for Laurence and Jane Glazer
To say the memorial service held Tuesday for Laurence and Jane Glazer at Temple B’rith Kodesh was well-attended would be a vast understatement. To accommodate those who came to pay respects, the temple opened partitions, adding room for some 2,500 more attendees to its 350-seat sanctuary.
- Conifer plans move to Gleason Business Park
Rochester real estate company Conifer Realty LLC is moving its offices on East Main Street to the Gleason Business Park on University Avenue.