Restaurants & Food News
- Qdoba Mexican Eats to open its first area restaurant
Qdoba Mexican Eats plans to open its first location in the Rochester area on Tuesday at 1897 Empire Blvd. in Penfield, officials announced Friday. The location is the third of a larger plan to break into the Upstate New York market, officials said.
- SPoT Coffee raises $750,000 in private placement
Toronto-based SPoT Coffee (Canada) Ltd. has obtained commitments for private placement financing resulting in total proceeds of $750,000, officials said Tuesday.
- Wegmans to offer invasive Florida Lionfish in six states
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. now is offering Florida Lionfish in stores in six states, officials announced Thursday.
- State expands credit to wine, spirits and cider industries
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday the Beer Production Credit—now known as the Alcohol Production Credit—has been expanded to include the state’s wine, spirits and cider industries.
- Rochester Real Beer Week kicks off Friday
Rochester’s 5th annual Rochester Real Beer Week runs Friday to June 19 at more than 50 sites across the area, including Canandaigua and Brockport.
- Black Button bourbon featured in Inc. Magazine
Local grain-to-glass distillery Black Button Distilling has been featured in Inc. Magazine’s “Glass of 2016: There’s a New Bull Market in Booze” article, officials announced Wednesday.
- Esquire salutes Good Luck, Swan Market as top U.S. bars
Two area establishments—Good Luck Restaurant Inc. and Swan Market Inc.—have made Esquire’s list of the 18 Best Bars in America, officials announced Thursday.
- Pittsford hotel and spa wins major Marriott award
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa has been recognized as the 2016 Franchise Hotel of the Year Award for the Eastern Region by Marriott International Inc., officials announced Friday.
- Opening event set for Dunkin' Donuts in Ontario
Dunkin’ Brand Group Inc. is holding a grand opening for its new site at 1873 Route 104 in Ontario, Wayne County on Saturday.
- Schramrocks Irish Pub opens in Henrietta
Schramrocks Irish Pub recently opened, offering authentic, traditional Irish and American cuisine, officials said.
- Brown Hound Bistro closes South Bristol site
Brown Hound Bistro—a South Bristol restaurant—has closed, officials said.
- Reluctant baker rises to success
Patrick Bernunzio owns Leo’s Bakery & Deli in East Rochester
- Seminar to focus on franchise opportunities
Franchise representatives from across the country are coming to Rochester next week for a “Meet the Franchisor” seminar.
- Alpina Foods expansion approved for tax breaks
Alpina Foods Inc. was approved for sales and property tax exemptions Thursday by the Genesee County Economic Development Center’s board of directors for a $1.1 million expansion project at its Batavia plant.
- Changes ahead for facility
- Bruegger's moving toward sale
- Danny Wegman: Man with a mission
- Inn on the Lake adds to management team
The Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort and Conference Center has added three new managers to its team, officials said.
- Court clash over bagel firm
- Two area food companies form partnership
Two local businesses have joined forces to give restaurants and other companies a better way to purchase local, sustainable meats sourced directly from local farms.