Restaurants & Food News
- Banquet and meeting Facilities
Information was provided by individual establishments that responded to an email or fax survey; ranked by maximum room capacity, banquet - style.
- Food court proposed for former Bagel Bin property
The former Bagel Bin Cafe property 2600 Elmwood Ave. in Brighton has sold, Re/Max Realty Group Inc. officials announced.
- Constellation Brands expands board, elects two new directors
Constellation Brands Inc. has increased its board of directors from nine to 11 members. The board elected Robert Hanson, CEO of American Eagle Outfitters Inc., and Judy Schmeling, executive vice president and chief financial officer of HSN Inc., to its board.
- Saladworks looks to expand into Rochester
Pennsylvania-based restaurant chain Saladworks LLC has named Rochester as one of the cities it plans to move into in 2013.
- Union feud pulls in Wegmans
- Chowder Up dishes out pair of wins in Buffalo
Rochester food truck Chowder Up had a big weekend. The mobile seafood truck won two awards at the Buffalo Soup Festival held Sunday at the Hearthstone Manor banquet center in Depew.
- Executive VP Wilson to retire from Constellation Brands
Constellation Brands Inc.’s executive Keith Wilson will retire in June, the Victor firm said Friday.
- Fine-Dining Restaurants
The survey contacted restaurants in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties that are open to the public for breakfast , lunch and/or dinner. Ranked by average dinner entree price.
The survey included catering facilities in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Wyoming counties that are open to the public; ranked by number of events catered in 2011.
- Constellation inks agreement to sell wine at Bills games
Constellation Brands Inc. has signed a three-year agreement with the Buffalo Bills that will give the Victor firm the chance to sell a variety of wines and spirits to fans in the executive suites and premium club area at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park.
- Eastview restaurant celebrates grilled cheese
A new restaurant focused on grilled cheese has opened its first location at Eastview Mall.
- Constellation profit tops expectations, sales miss mark
Constellation Brands Inc. reported a drop in second-quarter profit Friday, due in part to increased expenses and a planned increase in promotional spending for its U.S. wine and spirits business.
- Cuomo signs legislation on distilleries
Licensed farm distilleries now can sell their liquor at the New York State Fair, recognized county fairs and non-profit farmers’ markets.
Information was provided by individual wineries that responede to an email or fax survey; ranked by gallons produced in 2011.
- Genesee brew house, museum to open Sept. 8
A museum and brew house on the grounds of the Genesee Brewing Co. will open for business Sept. 8, brewery officials said Tuesday.
- Tops' net income soars in Q2
Tops Holding Corp., parent company of Tops Markets LLC, reported a jump in net income in the second quarter. The company cited cost containment strategies and successful marketing campaigns.
- Perinton firm, Tops expecting Syracuse deal
- Vibe Lounge is latest addition to Village Gate
Vibe Lounge, featuring local entertainment, is the latest addition to Village Gate on North Goodman Street. Friday marked the grand opening of the lounge, which plans to offer jazz trios, funk/blues and neo-soul bands.
- Wegmans tills organic surge
- Seneca Foods expects price oasis with drought