Restaurants & Food News
- Black Button to launch Lilac Gin next week
Black Button Distilling plans to launch its limited edition Lilac Gin on May 1. The first grain-to-glass craft distillery in Rochester is launching the product as a tribute to city’s botanical heritage and the annual Rochester Lilac Festival.
- Rooney's again tops fine-dining picks
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents appear to really enjoy Rooney’s Restaurant. The Rochester eatery again this year ranks as readers’ favorite place for fine dining in the Rochester area.
- Report shows growing impact of N.Y.'s craft beer industry
The New York craft beer industry grew by 59 percent last year with an estimated economic impact of $3.5 billion, a report states.
- Checkers looks to add restaurant sites in the region
The Florida-based Checkers & Rally’s Inc. restaurant company has its eye on an Upstate New York expansion—including Rochester—after its new distribution deal with Kirkwood, Broome County-based Willow Run Foods Inc.
- Domino's franchisee to pay $120,000 to settle labor law violations
A former Rochester-area Domino’s Pizza Corp. franchisee has agreed to pay $120,000 to settle multiple labor-law violation charges, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday.
- Black Button Distilling expands operations
Black Button Distilling is expanding its capabilities as well as its staff to keep up with increased demand.
- FTC eyes impact of merger
- Fairport Brewing receives trio of honors
Fairport Brewing Co. LLC has earned gold, silver and bronze medals from the 2015 World Beer Championships, officials announced.
- Shop offers brews steeped in wellness
- Analysts expect sales, profits to jump in Q4
- Wegmans tops supermarkets ranking
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has once again been named the top supermarket in the country according to Consumer Reports.
- Challenge aims to change community's nutrition
Roc Eats Real—a six-week community nutrition challenge—is slated to take place from May 3 to June 13.
- Penfield eatery recognized in Chinese restaurant competition
Hong Wah Chinese Restaurant in Penfield received the 2014 Top 100 Chinese Restaurant in the USA for Overall Excellence marking its seventh year of recognition, officials said.
- Tops sees smaller loss, higher sales in Q4
In its fiscal fourth quarter Tops Holding II Corp. narrowed its net loss as it logged a slight increase in net sales.
- Work begins on $4M project for creamery
- Tops wins grocery industry award
Tops Friendly Markets LLC has been awarded the Independent Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters—an industry publication based in New York City, the company announced Wednesday.
- Fairport whiskey wins bronze at competition
Fairport-based Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, doing business as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won a bronze medal for its “Rattlesnake Rosie’s Apple Pie” whiskey at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
- Kraft, with operations in Avon, to merge with Heinz
H.J. Heinz Co. and Kraft Foods Group Inc.—which has local operations—announced Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create the Kraft Heinz Co., forming the third-largest food and beverage company in North America.
- Banquet and Meeting Facilities, Part 1
- Banquet and Meeting Facilities, Part 2