Restaurants & Food News
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for $18M beet-processing facility
The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency approved Tuesday tax incentives for an $18 million project that is expected to create 89 jobs over the next three years.
- Constellation Brands acquires stake in Crafthouse Cocktails
Constellation Brands Inc. said Tuesday that it has acquired a minority stake in Crafthouse Cocktails, a producer of ready-to-drink, spirits-based cocktails.
- Restaurateur named Hispanic Business Person of Year
Librada “Zury” Brown, owner of the traditional Hispanic restaurant El Pilon Criollo, has been named by the Rochester Hispanic Business Association as the 2015 Hispanic Business Person of the Year.
- The adventures of a winery owner
Douglas Hazlitt, co-leader of family-owned Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, is not one to spend his time behind a desk
- Quote of the week
- Stellar results for Constellation Brands
- Backyard Burger & Rib fest to celebrate 10 days of blues
The Great American Backyard Burger & Rib Festival begins Aug. 21 at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- The Loop
- Wegmans to open new store near Boston
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is opening a 125,000-square-foot store in Natick, Mass., officials said Wednesday. The location, roughly 10 miles west of Boston, currently is occupied by JCPenney.
- Constellation completes purchase of luxury wine brand Meiomi
Constellation Brands Inc. has completed the acquisition of the Meiomi luxury wine brand, a deal announced last month.
- Study tackles outlook for an arts center
- Frontier CEO joins Constellation Brands board
Constellation Brands Inc. said Friday its board of directors increased the size of the board from nine to 10 members, electing Daniel McCarthy, Frontier Communications Corp. president and CEO, as its newest member.
- Panel recommends $15 hourly wage for fast-food workers
- LiDestri plans $6M expansion, to add 29 jobs
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Wage board recommends $15 an hour for fast-food workers
The New York State Wage Board has unanimously recommended raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour for fast-food workers.
- Dinosaur BBQ partners with Bills, to be served at stadium
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is the Buffalo Bills’ official barbecue and barbecue sauce, officials said Wednesday.
- Center spreads the word with food truck