Restaurants & Food News
- Tops opens locations in Walworth, Lyons
Tops Friendly Markets LLC opened locations in Walworth and Lyons this week, creating 165 jobs.
- Wegmans to open first NYC store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is moving into New York City. The grocery retailer has announced it will anchor the $140 million redevelopment of Admirals Row at the 300-acre Brooklyn Navy Yard. It will add 450 initial jobs with a projection of 600 positions in total.
- Williamson-based cidery wins gold at San Francisco competition
Apple Country Spirits—a Williamson-based farm distillery and cidery—won a gold medal for its Pear Brandy at the annual San Francisco Spirits Competition. The company also took home a bronze medal this year for its AppleJack.
- Tops parent reports preliminary results with net sales drop
Tops Holding II Corp.—parent company of Tops Friendly Markets LLC—reported a 4.4 percent drop in net sales to $722.9 million in its preliminary financial results for the period ending April 18.
- LiDestri, U.K. firm to form $17M joint venture for beets
LiDestri Foods Inc. is partnering with a United Kingdom-based firm to create Love Beets USA LLC, a $17 million Rochester-based joint manufacturing venture.
- Cupcakes shop to open in Hilton
Rachael B. Cupcakes—a catering bakery that offers a range of flavors for its baked goods such as Bacon Maple Caramel and Banana Foster—is opening a location at 10 Old Hojack Lane in Hilton.
- Bakery to open second location
Donna Marie’s Gluten Free Bakery LLC is expanding to a second location.
- Black Button to launch Lilac Gin next week
Black Button Distilling plans to launch its limited edition Lilac Gin on May 1. The first grain-to-glass craft distillery in Rochester is launching the product as a tribute to city’s botanical heritage and the annual Rochester Lilac Festival.
- Rooney's again tops fine-dining picks
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents appear to really enjoy Rooney’s Restaurant. The Rochester eatery again this year ranks as readers’ favorite place for fine dining in the Rochester area.
- Report shows growing impact of N.Y.'s craft beer industry
The New York craft beer industry grew by 59 percent last year with an estimated economic impact of $3.5 billion, a report states.
- Checkers looks to add restaurant sites in the region
The Florida-based Checkers & Rally’s Inc. restaurant company has its eye on an Upstate New York expansion—including Rochester—after its new distribution deal with Kirkwood, Broome County-based Willow Run Foods Inc.
- Domino's franchisee to pay $120,000 to settle labor law violations
A former Rochester-area Domino’s Pizza Corp. franchisee has agreed to pay $120,000 to settle multiple labor-law violation charges, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Tuesday.
- Black Button Distilling expands operations
Black Button Distilling is expanding its capabilities as well as its staff to keep up with increased demand.
- FTC eyes impact of merger
- Fairport Brewing receives trio of honors
Fairport Brewing Co. LLC has earned gold, silver and bronze medals from the 2015 World Beer Championships, officials announced.
- Shop offers brews steeped in wellness
- Analysts expect sales, profits to jump in Q4
- Wegmans tops supermarkets ranking
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has once again been named the top supermarket in the country according to Consumer Reports.
- Challenge aims to change community's nutrition
Roc Eats Real—a six-week community nutrition challenge—is slated to take place from May 3 to June 13.