Restaurants & Food News
- Dave & Buster's to open at Marketplace Mall
Texas-based restaurant chain Dave & Buster’s is opening its first location in Rochester at The Marketplace Mall in March.
- Seneca Foods sees boost in profit from year ago
Seneca Foods Corp. reported Tuesday after markets closed an increase in year-over-year profit, despite a drop in sales.
- Bakery to launch area's first pastry food truck
Sweet Sammie Jane’s LLC—a bakeshop and catering business on Park Avenue—will open Rochester’s first dessert food truck in the coming weeks, officials said.
- Constantino's Market at College Town to close
College Town’s Constantino’s Market will close Feb. 13, officials announced Monday. The grocery retailer in the mixed-use district has not been able to be profitable.
- Wegmans adds stone mill in Pittsford store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has added a new stone mill in its Pittsford location’s bakery. Officials believe it is the first mill inside a grocery retailer in the country.
- Wegmans warns of fraudulent coupon on Facebook
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. officials are asking customers to be wary of a fraudulent Facebook Inc. post that bears the Wegmans name, the company said Monday.
- Restaurateurs create together
Joshua and Jenna Miles oversee a growing group of businesses
- Tops to unveil $1 million renovation of Farmington store
Tops Friendly Markets LLC plans to unveil the $1 million renovation of its Farmington, Ontario County, store at 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- Ritter's plans a foray onto Abbott's turf
- Tenders & Tots replaces Macarollin at Marketplace
Tenders & Tots—a fried chicken and gourmet tater tots establishment—opened Wednesday in the food court of The Marketplace Mall, mall officials said.
- Wegmans plans to open store in North Carolina
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has signed a letter of intent to expand its reach to North Carolina, officials said.
- Wegmans 2015 Check Out Hunger campaign raises $1.84M
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. customers contributed $1.84 million—a new record—during the retailer’s fall 2015 Check Out Hunger campaign. The campaign aims to help the hungry in each community Wegmans serves, officials said.
- Buffalo firm acquires Innovative Restaurant Supply in Henrietta
Buffalo-based Lorraine Capital LLC’s portfolio firm BHS Foodservice Solutions has acquired all assets of Innovative Restaurant Supply, a firm based Monroe County.
- Black Button Distilling returns to self-distribution
Black Button Distilling is returning to self-distribution in the Rochester, Syracuse and Buffalo areas this year, officials announced Thursday.
- Legal fray follows rival liquor stores' plans
- Constellation tops Q3 estimates, to build $1.5 billion brewery
Beer continues to be big—and growing—business for Constellation Brands Inc., with the Victor, Ontario County-based alcohol beverage provider posting Thursday morning increases in its third-quarter profit and sales.
- Broadstone Net Lease buys Red Lobster properties for $74.4M
Broadstone Net Lease Inc. announced Tuesday the acquisition of 18 Red Lobster properties in 14 states. The properties were purchased through two separate sale-leaseback transactions for some $74.4 million.
- Report: Wegmans revenues neared $8 billion in 2015
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. sales from its 88-store footprint brought in an estimated $7.9 billion last year, according to Supermarket News, a grocery industry trade publication.
- Fine-Dining Restaurants