Restaurants & Food News
- Mexican restaurant opens in Perinton
Mesa Grande Taqueria opened today at the Perinton Square Mall—the regional chain’s largest restaurant location.
- Wegmans bakery team among presenters at organic meeting
The New York Certified Organic meeting is next month in Geneva.
- Black Button earns medal in distilled spirits competition
The 2015 American Craft Spirits Association awarded Black Button Distilling with a bronze medal in the contemporary gin category for its Citrus Forward Gin. The American Craft Spirits Association is a trade group representing the U.S. craft spirits industry.
- State ranks in top 3 for apple, grape production
New York State is the second-highest producer of apples and the third-highest producer of grapes in the nation, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday.
- Restaurant being added to Brighton facility
- 'Ground Round' name challenged by chain
- Whole Foods store proposed for Brighton
The Daniele Family—owners and operators of Mario’s and Bazil restaurants, the Royal Car Washes and the Southpoint Marina—are seeking approval for their proposal to develop a luxury retail center in Brighton that would include the first Whole Foods grocery store in the Rochester area.
- Yancy's Fancy gets grants from National Grid for expansion
National Grid PLC has awarded grants of up to $350,000 to Yancey’s Fancy Inc.’s Genesee County operations.
- Project boosts efficiency at Baldwin Richardson Foods
- Zweigle's rolls out changes
- Nola's BBQ challenges city on noise rules
- Fine-Dining Restaurants
- Wine and spirits trade show set for Thursday
More than 150 vendors are slated to participate at a wine and spirits trade show Thursday in Rochester, officials said Monday.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
Ranked by number of local full-time employees.
Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- Carrols to buy 21 area Burger Kings from Kessler Group
Carrols Restaurant Group Inc. has inked an agreement with Kessler Group Inc. to purchase 21 Burger King restaurants located in or around Rochester and in the Southern Tier. The transaction is expected to close July 22.
- Rochester welcomes two new eateries
The Charleston House and the Gluten Free Chef Market and Bakery held openings last week.
- State to fund research on hops, malting barley
New York will provide $350,000, a portion of which will go to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park in Ontario County, to research hops and malting barley to determine which varieties work best for state agriculture.
- Constellation CEO's compensation jumps to $10.4 million in 2014
Total compensation for Robert Sands, president and CEO of Constellation Brands Inc., jumped some 30 percent to $10.4 million in 2014, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows. The company reported Sands’ total compensation rose from $8 million in 2013.