Restaurants & Food News
- Esquire salutes Good Luck, Swan Market as top U.S. bars
Two area establishments—Good Luck Restaurant Inc. and Swan Market Inc.—have made Esquire’s list of the 18 Best Bars in America, officials announced Thursday.
- Pittsford hotel and spa wins major Marriott award
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa has been recognized as the 2016 Franchise Hotel of the Year Award for the Eastern Region by Marriott International Inc., officials announced Friday.
- Opening event set for Dunkin' Donuts in Ontario
Dunkin’ Brand Group Inc. is holding a grand opening for its new site at 1873 Route 104 in Ontario, Wayne County on Saturday.
- Schramrocks Irish Pub opens in Henrietta
Schramrocks Irish Pub recently opened, offering authentic, traditional Irish and American cuisine, officials said.
- Brown Hound Bistro closes South Bristol site
Brown Hound Bistro—a South Bristol restaurant—has closed, officials said.
- Reluctant baker rises to success
Patrick Bernunzio owns Leo’s Bakery & Deli in East Rochester
- Seminar to focus on franchise opportunities
Franchise representatives from across the country are coming to Rochester next week for a “Meet the Franchisor” seminar.
- Alpina Foods expansion approved for tax breaks
Alpina Foods Inc. was approved for sales and property tax exemptions Thursday by the Genesee County Economic Development Center’s board of directors for a $1.1 million expansion project at its Batavia plant.
- Changes ahead for facility
- Bruegger's moving toward sale
- Danny Wegman: Man with a mission
- Inn on the Lake adds to management team
The Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort and Conference Center has added three new managers to its team, officials said.
- Court clash over bagel firm
- Two area food companies form partnership
Two local businesses have joined forces to give restaurants and other companies a better way to purchase local, sustainable meats sourced directly from local farms.
- 'We can solve this problem'
- Love Beets finding love for its beets
- Black Button Distilling named a 'Next Great Consumer Brand'
Black Button Distilling will participate in the sixth annual Next Great Consumer Brands event, officials announced Thursday. The local grain-to-glass distillery has been named a “Next Great Consumer Brand.”
- Survey ranks Wegmans as nation's favorite grocery store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named America’s based on a survey of more than 10,000 consumers by Market Force Information Inc., officials announced Wednesday.
- New York Wine & Grape Foundation selects its next leader
The New York Wine & Grape Foundation based in Canandaigua will have a new leader starting Jan. 1.
- 2 Vine cooks up a new look
At 24 Winthrop St. there is a restaurant with a 17-year reputation built on its quality of food, service and ambiance.