Restaurants & Food News
- Rhinos team up with Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Two of Rochester’s long-standing organizations, The Rochester Rhinos and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, are partnering at Capelli Sport Stadium.
- OFD Foods to build $25 million facility, add 30 jobs in Henrietta
A leading supplier of freeze-dried food to the U.S. Military plans to build a $25 million, 50,000-square-foot facility in Henrietta. The move is expected to add 30 local full-time jobs.
- Black Button Distilling to expand
Black Button Distilling will open a Buffalo tasting room in June, officials announced Thursday.
- Wilmorite proposes project at Schoen Place
Wilmorite Inc. is proposing a boutique hotel-spa-restaurant at Schoen Place in Pittsford, the Scottsville-based firm announced Thursday.
- Radio Social appoints head chef
Radio Social has appointed Steven Eakins, a Rochester native, as head chef of its in-house restaurant, He will transition to the role in March.
- Top 100: Company builds its market for generations
Sixth-generation businesses are hard to come by.
- North American Breweries breaks ground on Eco-Brewery District
North American Breweries Inc., the parent company of the Genesee Brewing Co., broke ground Tuesday on a 13,000-square-foot brewery “cold block” on St. Paul Street. The groundbreaking is part of the brewery modernization project.
- Domino's franchisee to appear in national commercial
A franchisee of Domino’s Pizza Inc. locations in Rochester area will be one of five owners in a national commercial for the pizza chain, officials said Tuesday.
- New facility is first of its kind in U.S.
A new food safety testing facility in Ontario County is the first in the United States.
- Rochester downtown development event draws nearly 500 attendees
More than 490 people attended the downtown development event Tuesday morning, part of the RBJ Power Breakfast Series. The panel included Buckingham Properties LLC managing partner Ken Glazer, who said: "I can see Rochester on the cover of a magazine in five years with the headline, 'Here’s a city that did it right.'"
- Ice wine event slated for Saturday
The ninth annual New York Ice Wine & Culinary Festival is Saturday and the host, Casa Larga Vineyards, is debuting three new ice wines.
- Area wines win recognition, awards
Wines from the Finger Lakes are in the national spotlight. They include several Finger Lakes wines that took top honors in the 2017 Florida State Fair International Wine Competition.
- Casa Larga to offer larger tasting room
- Wegmans customers donate $1.74 million for hunger relief
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. customers donated $1.74 million last fall to help hunger relief.
- Casino ready to roll
- Bakery's products to be sold at Wegmans in Perinton
Donna Marie’s Gluten Free Bakery’s products are now available in the Wegmans Food Markets Inc.’s Perinton location, bringing the company’s total offering at the grocery retailer to three stores, officials said.
- Constellation Brands creates COO post, makes executive moves
Constellation Brands Inc. has named William Newlands as chief operating officer, a new position within the company.
- Sales, net income fall at Seneca Foods
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a drop in its fiscal 2017 third-quarter sales and profit.
- Genesee Brewing Co. taps Dixon Schwabl
- Hart’s Local Grocers picked for program