Restaurants & Food News
- Iron Smoke touts medals at recent competitions
Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, now known as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won silver medals at the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition and the recent New York Wine & Food Classic held by the RDP Management and the New York Wine & Grape Foundation.
- Number of state's farm cideries triples in two years in state
The number of farm cideries in New York State has tripled in two years, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Del Lago opens employment office to help fill 1,800 jobs
Del Lago Resort & Casino has opened a recruitment and employment office to help fill 1,800 positions. The employment office is in the Generations Bank building at 20 East Bayard St. in Seneca Falls, Seneca County.
- Report ranks Rochester the 11th best 'foodie city'
Rochester ranks 11th out of 150 cities on WalletHub’s list of 2016’s Best & Worst Foodie Cities, officials announced Tuesday.
- Joe Bean Coffee Roasters founder selected for Yelp event
Joe Bean Coffee Roasters has been selected as one of 100 companies nationwide to participate in Yelp Corp.’s 2nd annual Coast-to-Coast forum aimed at educating and inspiring leaders, officials announced Monday.
- CoreLife Eatery to open restaurant in Henrietta
- CoreLife Eatery to add Henrietta location
CoreLife Eatery LLC—a Binghamton-based health food restaurant—will open a third location in Henrietta at 11 a.m. Oct. 20. The new location is based at 100 Marketplace Drive.
- Analysts expect rise in profit for Constellation
- LiDestri expands, rebrands
A couple of months into a new generation of family leadership, LiDestri Food and Drink has rebranded its business and expanded its reach, including partnering for the first time with another local business to sell craft whiskey across the United States.
- Changes coming at The Bistro at Towpath Cafe
The Bistro at Towpath Cafe in Fairport is closing the coffee shop portion of its restaurant, officials announced Monday. The cafe, which opened in 2009, is to reopen under new management.
- Success of Genesee Brewing shows Rochester's ingenuity
- Wegmans to use PET plastic for pasta sauce jars
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. this fall will begin bottling its Wegmans “Food You Feel Good About” pasta sauce in a jar made from lighter-weight PET plastic, the type used for water and soda bottles, officials announced Monday.
- Good Luck, Black Button partner on new whiskey
Black Button Distilling has partnered with restaurant Good Luck to launch Black Luck, a peated all malt whiskey, the first Scottish style all malt peated whiskey made in Rochester, officials announced Thursday.
- No end in bagel battle
- Black Button named a top U.S. craft distillery
Black Button Distilling has been named one of USA Today’s “10 Best” as part of the company’s 2016 Readers’ Choice poll, officials announced Tuesday.
- Rhinos team up with Zweigle's
The Rochester Rhinos have partnered with Zweigle’s Inc. for the remainder of the 2016 season, officials announced Monday.
- Black Button, NY Wine & Culinary collaborate on Garden Gin
Black Button Distilling and the New York Wine & Culinary center have teamed up to launch Garden Gin, a collaboration spirit that will be released on next week at the NYWCC Fourth Annual Garden Party, officials announced Tuesday.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- Seneca Foods, Monsanto ink 10-year deal on seed-processing operations
Seneca Foods Corp. has inked a 10-year agreement with Monsanto Co. for vegetable large-seed processing operations in the United States.