Restaurants & Food News
- Penfield eatery recognized in Chinese restaurant competition
Hong Wah Chinese Restaurant in Penfield received the 2014 Top 100 Chinese Restaurant in the USA for Overall Excellence marking its seventh year of recognition, officials said.
- Tops sees smaller loss, higher sales in Q4
In its fiscal fourth quarter Tops Holding II Corp. narrowed its net loss as it logged a slight increase in net sales.
- Tops wins grocery industry award
Tops Friendly Markets LLC has been awarded the Independent Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters—an industry publication based in New York City, the company announced Wednesday.
- Fairport whiskey wins bronze at competition
Fairport-based Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, doing business as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won a bronze medal for its “Rattlesnake Rosie’s Apple Pie” whiskey at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
- Kraft, with operations in Avon, to merge with Heinz
H.J. Heinz Co. and Kraft Foods Group Inc.—which has local operations—announced Wednesday that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement to create the Kraft Heinz Co., forming the third-largest food and beverage company in North America.
- Banquet and Meeting Facilities, Part 1
- Banquet and Meeting Facilities, Part 2
- Couple buys, to transform Park Avenue coffee shop
- Myer Farm Distillers to release first straight whiskey
Myer Farm Distillers, based Ovid, Seneca County, is slated to release its first straight whiskey called John Myer New York Straight Four Grain Whiskey—Single Barrel on March 28.
- Hart's plans spring vendor market
Hart’s Local Grocers will host a spring vendor market showcasing more than 24 local vendors from noon to 4 p.m. March 28.
- Spot Coffee gets state OK for franchises
Spot Coffee (Canada) Ltd.’s franchise registration has been approved by New York State.
- Owners find their brew at Lost Borough
- Wegmans makes Fortune best companies list for 18th year
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named No. 7 on Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. It marks the chain’s 18th consecutive year on the list.
- Mandate tough for restaurateurs to swallow
- Mexican restaurant opens in Perinton
Mesa Grande Taqueria opened today at the Perinton Square Mall—the regional chain’s largest restaurant location.
- Wegmans bakery team among presenters at organic meeting
The New York Certified Organic meeting is next month in Geneva.
- Black Button earns medal in distilled spirits competition
The 2015 American Craft Spirits Association awarded Black Button Distilling with a bronze medal in the contemporary gin category for its Citrus Forward Gin. The American Craft Spirits Association is a trade group representing the U.S. craft spirits industry.
- State ranks in top 3 for apple, grape production
New York State is the second-highest producer of apples and the third-highest producer of grapes in the nation, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday.
- Restaurant being added to Brighton facility
- 'Ground Round' name challenged by chain