Restaurants & Food News
- Changes coming at The Bistro at Towpath Cafe
The Bistro at Towpath Cafe in Fairport is closing the coffee shop portion of its restaurant, officials announced Monday. The cafe, which opened in 2009, is to reopen under new management.
- Success of Genesee Brewing shows Rochester's ingenuity
- Wegmans to use PET plastic for pasta sauce jars
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. this fall will begin bottling its Wegmans “Food You Feel Good About” pasta sauce in a jar made from lighter-weight PET plastic, the type used for water and soda bottles, officials announced Monday.
- Good Luck, Black Button partner on new whiskey
Black Button Distilling has partnered with restaurant Good Luck to launch Black Luck, a peated all malt whiskey, the first Scottish style all malt peated whiskey made in Rochester, officials announced Thursday.
- No end in bagel battle
- Black Button named a top U.S. craft distillery
Black Button Distilling has been named one of USA Today’s “10 Best” as part of the company’s 2016 Readers’ Choice poll, officials announced Tuesday.
- Rhinos team up with Zweigle's
The Rochester Rhinos have partnered with Zweigle’s Inc. for the remainder of the 2016 season, officials announced Monday.
- Black Button, NY Wine & Culinary collaborate on Garden Gin
Black Button Distilling and the New York Wine & Culinary center have teamed up to launch Garden Gin, a collaboration spirit that will be released on next week at the NYWCC Fourth Annual Garden Party, officials announced Tuesday.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- Seneca Foods, Monsanto ink 10-year deal on seed-processing operations
Seneca Foods Corp. has inked a 10-year agreement with Monsanto Co. for vegetable large-seed processing operations in the United States.
- Seneca Foods posts net loss in Q1, stock declines
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a first-quarter net loss despite an increase in sales. It reported a net loss of $100,000, or a penny a diluted share, versus net income of $300,000, or 29 cents a diluted share, for the same period the year prior.
- Bagel firm future up to judge
- FLCC program trains for the wine industry
- Constellation Brands adds Tiffany CEO to board
Constellation Brands Inc. has elected Tiffany & Co. CEO Frederic Cumenal to its board of directors, increasing the size of its board to 11 members.
- Healthy eating restaurant to add 3rd location
CoreLife Eatery LLC, a Binghamton-based health food restaurant, has opened two locations in the Rochester area this year, creating some 100 jobs.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Star bright: Robert Sands aims to grow his firm even faster
- Italian chef provides authenticity to eatery
- New York Wine & Culinary Center bolsters local beer offerings
The New York Wine & Culinary Center has expanded its local beer tap offerings, officials announced Tuesday.