Restaurants & Food News
- Fine-Dining Restaurants
- Wine and spirits trade show set for Thursday
More than 150 vendors are slated to participate at a wine and spirits trade show Thursday in Rochester, officials said Monday.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
Ranked by number of local full-time employees.
Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- Carrols to buy 21 area Burger Kings from Kessler Group
Carrols Restaurant Group Inc. has inked an agreement with Kessler Group Inc. to purchase 21 Burger King restaurants located in or around Rochester and in the Southern Tier. The transaction is expected to close July 22.
- Rochester welcomes two new eateries
The Charleston House and the Gluten Free Chef Market and Bakery held openings last week.
- State to fund research on hops, malting barley
New York will provide $350,000, a portion of which will go to the Cornell Agriculture & Food Technology Park in Ontario County, to research hops and malting barley to determine which varieties work best for state agriculture.
- Constellation CEO's compensation jumps to $10.4 million in 2014
Total compensation for Robert Sands, president and CEO of Constellation Brands Inc., jumped some 30 percent to $10.4 million in 2014, a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows. The company reported Sands’ total compensation rose from $8 million in 2013.
- Arthur Treacher's to open location in Webster
Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips will open a second location in the Rochester area at 4 p.m. Monday at 195 North Ave. in Webster.
- Black Button Distilling eyes statewide distribution
Black Button Distilling plans to double its production of craft spirits soon and distribute them statewide by the end of the summer, the company said Friday.
- Wegman foundation gives $17M to University of Rochester
The University of Rochester has received $17 million from the Wegman Family Charitable Foundation for two major projects, the university announced Tuesday.
- Dunkin' Donuts location opens in Bergen
Dunkin’ Brand Group Inc. has opened a 700-square-foot Dunkin’ Donuts on Clinton Street in Bergen, Genesee County.
- Banquet and Meeting Facilities
Ranked by maximum room capacity, banquet - style.
- Fine-Dining Restaurants
Ranked by average dinner entrée price.
- Sticky Lips owner announces expansion at original location
The owner of Sticky Lips Pit BBQ restaurant in Rochester announced Tuesday plans to renovate the property at Atlantic Avenue and Culver Road.
- Franchisee has the brand on a run
Information was provided by individual wineries that responded to an email or fax survey. The survey area was the Finger Lakes Region.
- 2013 Best Diet Pills Recommended
Phen375 is one of the best supplements for weight loss that you can buy over the counter without a prescription. We also found it to be one of the more popular searched diet pills online which has a huge following and is considered one of the few safe weight loss pills that are actually effective. The only drawback is its high price point but we feel it is worth every penny.
- Seneca Foods reports boost in sales but declining profit in Q1
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a decrease in first-quarter profit, despite an increase in sales.
- Kessler Family LLC selling 35 Friendly's, closing 8 others
Kessler Family LLC is selling 35 of its franchised Friendly’s restaurants—including 11 in the Rochester area—to Friendly’s Ice Cream LLC. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.