Restaurants & Food News
- Radio Social appoints head chef
Radio Social has appointed Steven Eakins, a Rochester native, as head chef of its in-house restaurant, He will transition to the role in March.
- North American Breweries breaks ground on Eco-Brewery District
North American Breweries Inc., the parent company of the Genesee Brewing Co., broke ground Tuesday on a 13,000-square-foot brewery “cold block” on St. Paul Street. The groundbreaking is part of the brewery modernization project.
- Domino's franchisee to appear in national commercial
A franchisee of Domino’s Pizza Inc. locations in Rochester area will be one of five owners in a national commercial for the pizza chain, officials said Tuesday.
- Rochester downtown development event draws nearly 500 attendees
More than 490 people attended the downtown development event Tuesday morning, part of the RBJ Power Breakfast Series. The panel included Buckingham Properties LLC managing partner Ken Glazer, who said: "I can see Rochester on the cover of a magazine in five years with the headline, 'Here’s a city that did it right.'"
- Ice wine event slated for Saturday
The ninth annual New York Ice Wine & Culinary Festival is Saturday and the host, Casa Larga Vineyards, is debuting three new ice wines.
- Area wines win recognition, awards
Wines from the Finger Lakes are in the national spotlight. They include several Finger Lakes wines that took top honors in the 2017 Florida State Fair International Wine Competition.
- Casa Larga to offer larger tasting room
- Wegmans customers donate $1.74 million for hunger relief
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. customers donated $1.74 million last fall to help hunger relief.
- Casino ready to roll
- Bakery's products to be sold at Wegmans in Perinton
Donna Marie’s Gluten Free Bakery’s products are now available in the Wegmans Food Markets Inc.’s Perinton location, bringing the company’s total offering at the grocery retailer to three stores, officials said.
- Constellation Brands creates COO post, makes executive moves
Constellation Brands Inc. has named William Newlands as chief operating officer, a new position within the company.
- Sales, net income fall at Seneca Foods
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a drop in its fiscal 2017 third-quarter sales and profit.
- Genesee Brewing Co. taps Dixon Schwabl
- Hart’s Local Grocers picked for program
- Tending to a Rochester jewel
- Restaurateur files Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Hart's Local Grocers selected for USDA pilot program
Hart’s Local Grocers in Rochester has been selected to be part of a two-year pilot program with the U.S. Department of Agriculture along with six other retailers across the country, officials announced Thursday.
- Constellation Brands beats expectations for Q3 profit, sales
Constellation Brands Inc. on Thursday reported an increase in third-quarter profit and sales, beating Street estimates. Net income attributable to Constellation Brands was $406 million, or $1.98 a share, versus net income of $270.5 million, or $1.33 a share, a year ago.
- Main Ford General Supply plans addition to Lyell Avenue facility
Main Ford General Supply Co. Inc., a Rochester-based food service equipment and supplies distributor, plans to expand its Lyell Avenue facility.
- Trezise moves to national wine industry post