Restaurants & Food News
- Inn on the Lake adds to management team
The Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort and Conference Center has added three new managers to its team, officials said.
- Court clash over bagel firm
- Two area food companies form partnership
Two local businesses have joined forces to give restaurants and other companies a better way to purchase local, sustainable meats sourced directly from local farms.
- 'We can solve this problem'
- Love Beets finding love for its beets
- Black Button Distilling named a 'Next Great Consumer Brand'
Black Button Distilling will participate in the sixth annual Next Great Consumer Brands event, officials announced Thursday. The local grain-to-glass distillery has been named a “Next Great Consumer Brand.”
- Survey ranks Wegmans as nation's favorite grocery store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named America’s based on a survey of more than 10,000 consumers by Market Force Information Inc., officials announced Wednesday.
- New York Wine & Grape Foundation selects its next leader
The New York Wine & Grape Foundation based in Canandaigua will have a new leader starting Jan. 1.
- 2 Vine cooks up a new look
At 24 Winthrop St. there is a restaurant with a 17-year reputation built on its quality of food, service and ambiance.
- Iron Smoke Distillery racks up 11 medals in four competitions
Fairport-based Iron Smoke Distillery LLC has won 11 medals in four competitions in the past four weeks, officials said.
- Corner Bakery Cafe closes; restaurants, stores opening
Corner Bakery Café in College Town has closed, officials said Monday, but new restaurants and stores are arriving.
- Agness Wine Cellars sees opening for Finger Lakes riesling
- Reflecting on 40 years
Retiring vice chairman Paul Speranza Jr. has helped guide Wegmans
- Restaurant 2 Vine to undergo renovations
Restaurant 2 Vine will begin renovations in mid-April, officials said. The restaurant, at 24 Winthrop St., will undergo interior renovations that will take about five weeks. It’s currently open, but will close April 11 for renovations.
- Iron Smoke Whiskey wins awards
Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC has won silver and bronze awards at the American Craft Distillery Conference in the whiskey and bourbon category, officials said.
- New burger chain debuts in Victor next week
- Seneca Foods' subsidiary acquires supplier of cherries
Seneca Foods Corp. announced its subsidiary, Gray & Co., has completed the acquisition of Diana Fruit Co. Inc., a California supplier of maraschino cherries and fruit cocktail cherries.
- $61M gift to extend Sands philanthropy
- High schoolers learn how to run a restaurant
- Dave & Buster's to open at Marketplace Mall
Texas-based restaurant chain Dave & Buster’s is opening its first location in Rochester at The Marketplace Mall in March.