Restaurants & Food News
- Analysts eye growth for Constellation
Analysts expect Constellation Brands Inc. to report increases in year-over-year sales and earnings per share when the Victor, Ontario County-based firm reports its second-quarter financial results Wednesday.
- Finger Lakes Craft Cider Week kicks off
The Finger Lakes Craft Cider Week kicks off Friday and runs through Oct. 11. The event is in its fourth year of operation and brings together the region’s variety of ciders.
- Firms make Fortune's Best Workplaces for Women list
Five local firms made the inaugural list of Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Women.
- Red Osier Landmark Restaurant for sale
The owners of Red Osier Landmark Inc., which does business as Red Osier Landmark Restaurant, are seeking a buyer.
- Plenty of space for expansion
- Top Line Restaurants sells eight local Denny's
Arizona-based Top Line Restaurants Inc. has sold eight local Denny’s restaurants to California-based Feast Foods LLC.
- Schumer: Alstom on track to be provider of Amtrak high-speed trains
Amtrak is expected to select Alstom Transportation Inc.’s Hornell facility as the train provider for a $2.5 billion program to build the next generation of high-speed trains. The move will create more than 750 jobs statewide, including 400 at the facility in Hornell, Steuben County.
- COMIDA approves incentives for LiDestri facility in Greece
LiDestri Foods Inc. received sales tax exemptions Tuesday for a $2 million renovation project at its facility in Greece from the County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency.
- Brewing a recipe for growth
Brewing a recipe for growth: A brewery opens roughly every 10 days somewhere across state of New York
- Three eateries on tap
- Cidery takes root at century-old apple farm
- Constellation Brands raises $1M for cancer foundation
Constellation Brands Inc. has raised $1 million for the V Foundation for Cancer. It is the single largest contribution made by the wine, beer and spirits maker to the organization.
- Fast Start: In pursuit of his craft at 2 Vine
Chef Dmitriy Ruzhanskiy challenges the status quo in area’s restaurant scene
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- Wine is the vessel as they head for pinnacle
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for $18M beet-processing facility
The County of Monroe Industrial Development Agency approved Tuesday tax incentives for an $18 million project that is expected to create 89 jobs over the next three years.
- Constellation Brands acquires stake in Crafthouse Cocktails
Constellation Brands Inc. said Tuesday that it has acquired a minority stake in Crafthouse Cocktails, a producer of ready-to-drink, spirits-based cocktails.
- Restaurateur named Hispanic Business Person of Year
Librada “Zury” Brown, owner of the traditional Hispanic restaurant El Pilon Criollo, has been named by the Rochester Hispanic Business Association as the 2015 Hispanic Business Person of the Year.