Restaurants & Food News
- Black Button, NY Wine & Culinary collaborate on Garden Gin
Black Button Distilling and the New York Wine & Culinary center have teamed up to launch Garden Gin, a collaboration spirit that will be released on next week at the NYWCC Fourth Annual Garden Party, officials announced Tuesday.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- Seneca Foods, Monsanto ink 10-year deal on seed-processing operations
Seneca Foods Corp. has inked a 10-year agreement with Monsanto Co. for vegetable large-seed processing operations in the United States.
- Seneca Foods posts net loss in Q1, stock declines
Seneca Foods Corp. reported a first-quarter net loss despite an increase in sales. It reported a net loss of $100,000, or a penny a diluted share, versus net income of $300,000, or 29 cents a diluted share, for the same period the year prior.
- Bagel firm future up to judge
- FLCC program trains for the wine industry
- Constellation Brands adds Tiffany CEO to board
Constellation Brands Inc. has elected Tiffany & Co. CEO Frederic Cumenal to its board of directors, increasing the size of its board to 11 members.
- Healthy eating restaurant to add 3rd location
CoreLife Eatery LLC, a Binghamton-based health food restaurant, has opened two locations in the Rochester area this year, creating some 100 jobs.
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Star bright: Robert Sands aims to grow his firm even faster
- Italian chef provides authenticity to eatery
- New York Wine & Culinary Center bolsters local beer offerings
The New York Wine & Culinary Center has expanded its local beer tap offerings, officials announced Tuesday.
- Naples area seeks replacement for Brown Hound Bistro
- 2 Vine marks its reopening in East End
2 Vine, previously known as Restaurant 2 Vine, has reopened after five weeks of renovation, officials announced Tuesday.
- Qdoba Mexican Eats to open its first area restaurant
Qdoba Mexican Eats plans to open its first location in the Rochester area on Monday at 1897 Empire Blvd. in Webster, officials announced Friday. The location is the third of a larger plan to break into the Upstate New York market, officials said.
- Country Club opens its newly renovated facility
- SPoT Coffee raises $750,000 in private placement
Toronto-based SPoT Coffee (Canada) Ltd. has obtained commitments for private placement financing resulting in total proceeds of $750,000, officials said Tuesday.
- Wegmans to offer invasive Florida Lionfish in six states
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. now is offering Florida Lionfish in stores in six states, officials announced Thursday.
- State expands credit to wine, spirits and cider industries
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday the Beer Production Credit—now known as the Alcohol Production Credit—has been expanded to include the state’s wine, spirits and cider industries.
- Rochester Real Beer Week kicks off Friday
Rochester’s 5th annual Rochester Real Beer Week runs Friday to June 19 at more than 50 sites across the area, including Canandaigua and Brockport.