Restaurants & Food News
- Frontier CEO joins Constellation Brands board
Constellation Brands Inc. said Friday its board of directors increased the size of the board from nine to 10 members, electing Daniel McCarthy, Frontier Communications Corp. president and CEO, as its newest member.
- Panel recommends $15 hourly wage for fast-food workers
- LiDestri plans $6M expansion, to add 29 jobs
- Food and Beverage Manufacturers
- Wage board recommends $15 an hour for fast-food workers
The New York State Wage Board has unanimously recommended raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour for fast-food workers.
- Dinosaur BBQ partners with Bills, to be served at stadium
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is the Buffalo Bills’ official barbecue and barbecue sauce, officials said Wednesday.
- Center spreads the word with food truck
- The Loop
- Partnership, grant to boost region's beverage industry
A new partnership and a $200,000 state grant will aid in the growth of the beverage industry in the Finger Lakes region, state Department of Agriculture and Markets commissioner Richard Ball said Wednesday.
- Wegmans tests telemedicine at some stores
- Franchising creates wider avenue to expansion
- Three Heads Brewing breaks ground on new brewery
Three Heads Brewing Inc. has broken ground on a new brewery in the city after more than 14 months of planning.
- Constellation Brands cuts 11 positions
Constellation Brands Inc. recently reduced its local workforce by 11 employees, but the Victor, Ontario County-based firm has more employees than it did last year.
- Up to the challenge
Up to the challenge: North American Breweries CEO Kris Sirchio sees plenty of potential to grow again.
- New restaurant opens at College Town
Grappa, a new Italian restaurant, has opened in College Town. The restaurant offers a menu with Italian Nouveau dishes.
- Constellation profit jumps 15%; firm inks $315M acquisition
Higher beer sales drove increases in first-quarter profit and sales at Constellation Brands Inc. as the wine, beer and spirits maker beat Street estimates Wednesday morning and announced it was acquiring a Napa Valley wine brand for some $315 million.
- Gates restaurateur to pay $308,000 in tax-evasion settlement
Gates restaurateur Konstantinos Votsis has agreed to pay $308,000 to settle federal tax evasion charges.
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Auntie Anne's honors Rochester franchisee
Lancaster, Pa.-based Auntie Anne’s Inc. has awarded local franchisee Karen Harrison of Rochester with the Franchisee of the Year Award for her contributions to the company.
- Tech company's app offers point-of-sale system for restaurants
OrderSnapp Inc. has unveiled a free tablet point-of-sale system for restaurants, officials said.