Restaurants & Food News
- The Loop
- Abundance Co-op breaks ground at new South Ave. location
Rochester’s Abundance Co-op has begun construction at its new location at 571 South Ave., officials announced Wednesday.
- Trade magazine features Rootstock Ciderworks
Williamson-based Rootstock Ciderworks has been featured in Cidercraft magazine, officials announced Tuesday.
- Seneca Foods reports dip in profit, jump in sales
Seneca Foods Corp. reported mixed second-quarter results Monday afternoon.
- Wine & Design opens in Chili
Wine & Design, a painting franchise that pairs painting with drinking wine, has opened in Chili with its opening event set for Friday from 5 to 8 p.m., officials said. The franchise has more than 70 locations nationwide.
- Bagel battle goes on: Bankruptcy court judge to revisit earlier ruling
- Iron Smoke touts medals at recent competitions
Iron Smoke Whiskey LLC, now known as Iron Smoke Distillery, has won silver medals at the New York World Wine & Spirits Competition and the recent New York Wine & Food Classic held by the RDP Management and the New York Wine & Grape Foundation.
- Number of state's farm cideries triples in two years in state
The number of farm cideries in New York State has tripled in two years, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced this week.
- Del Lago opens employment office to help fill 1,800 jobs
Del Lago Resort & Casino has opened a recruitment and employment office to help fill 1,800 positions. The employment office is in the Generations Bank building at 20 East Bayard St. in Seneca Falls, Seneca County.
- Report ranks Rochester the 11th best 'foodie city'
Rochester ranks 11th out of 150 cities on WalletHub’s list of 2016’s Best & Worst Foodie Cities, officials announced Tuesday.
- Joe Bean Coffee Roasters founder selected for Yelp event
Joe Bean Coffee Roasters has been selected as one of 100 companies nationwide to participate in Yelp Corp.’s 2nd annual Coast-to-Coast forum aimed at educating and inspiring leaders, officials announced Monday.
- CoreLife Eatery to open restaurant in Henrietta
- CoreLife Eatery to add Henrietta location
CoreLife Eatery LLC—a Binghamton-based health food restaurant—will open a third location in Henrietta at 11 a.m. Oct. 20. The new location is based at 100 Marketplace Drive.
- Analysts expect rise in profit for Constellation
- LiDestri expands, rebrands
A couple of months into a new generation of family leadership, LiDestri Food and Drink has rebranded its business and expanded its reach, including partnering for the first time with another local business to sell craft whiskey across the United States.
- Changes coming at The Bistro at Towpath Cafe
The Bistro at Towpath Cafe in Fairport is closing the coffee shop portion of its restaurant, officials announced Monday. The cafe, which opened in 2009, is to reopen under new management.
- Success of Genesee Brewing shows Rochester's ingenuity
- Wegmans to use PET plastic for pasta sauce jars
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. this fall will begin bottling its Wegmans “Food You Feel Good About” pasta sauce in a jar made from lighter-weight PET plastic, the type used for water and soda bottles, officials announced Monday.
- Good Luck, Black Button partner on new whiskey
Black Button Distilling has partnered with restaurant Good Luck to launch Black Luck, a peated all malt whiskey, the first Scottish style all malt peated whiskey made in Rochester, officials announced Thursday.
- No end in bagel battle