- Uber, Lyft should operate here, most say
Nine out of 10 respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say Albany should enact legislation to allow Uber and Lyft to operate in Upstate New York.
- Analysts eye growth for Constellation
Analysts expect Constellation Brands Inc. to report increases in year-over-year sales and earnings per share when the Victor, Ontario County-based firm reports its second-quarter financial results Wednesday.
- Entrepreneurs' Organization names chapter president
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Western New York chapter has named Rochester’s Michele Nichols as its first female president, officials announced Tuesday.
- Plenty of space for expansion
- Vineyard supplies wine for pope's visit
- Top Line Restaurants sells eight local Denny's
Arizona-based Top Line Restaurants Inc. has sold eight local Denny’s restaurants to California-based Feast Foods LLC.
- Parenting and baby boutique Luvaboos to close doors
Luvaboos Inc. is closing after eight years in operation. The retail business carries cloth diapering, babywearing and eco-friendly products.
- Fashion Week of Rochester to hold launch party
The 2015 Fashion Week of Rochester launch party will be held tonight, hosted by the Center for Youth with support from City Grill and Rochester magazine.
- New-car sales down 2 percent in August
New-car sales fell in August from a year ago, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Retailent Rochester finalizes local judges for contest
Retailent Rochester—a competition for revitalizing retail in the St. Paul quarter—has finalized a panel of area judges for its “Shark Tank” stage of the contest, officials announced Tuesday.
- A push for retail in St. Paul Quarter
- Sequels Home Furnishings to hold opening in Victor
Sequels Home Furnishings LLC will hold the opening of its 5,000-square-foot store in Victor, Ontario County, on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m., officials said Thursday. The new showroom is located at 5 Railroad St.
- Brite Computers hires BrandOrchard founder
Victor-based Brite Computers has hired Michael Stone, founder of BrandOrchard Inc., to guide the firm’s brand planning and growth strategy.
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
- Area gas prices continue to plummet
Gas prices continued to plummet both locally and nationally this week, following a drop in U.S. crude oil prices to a six-year low of below $40 a barrel.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- Pop-up shows gain traction, create avenues for ideas
- Entertainment district transforms, offers variety
- Retailent announces kickoff pub crawl event Saturday
Retailent, a collaboration among local organizations to create a “Shark Tank” competition, announced details for its kickoff event, called the Envision St. Paul Pub Crawl. It’s noon to 4 p.m. Aug. 15.