- Tending to a Rochester jewel
- Pet-supply chain to open in former Blockbuster store
Pet Supplies Plus, a national retailer, will soon open in a former Blockbuster Video location on Monroe Avenue in the city.
- Henrietta firm agrees to pay penalties
York Furniture Centers Inc. has agreed to pay $10,000 in penalties for false advertising as part of a settlement with state attorney general’s office.
- The Loop
- Area ranks among Top 20 cities for local holiday shopping
Rochester ranks No. 19 out of 20 on Yelp Corp.’s Top 20 Cities for Local Holiday Shopping in 2016, officials announced Tuesday.
- Guiding the family business
Mann’s Jewelers CEO Nancy Mann is a ninth-generation jeweler
- Vision for Village Gate to continue
- New tower attracts residents and businesses
- Charter Communications to add 228 jobs in city, Henrietta
Charter Communications LLC, a broadband communications firm, will add 228 full-time jobs in Rochester and Henrietta, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.
- CountryMax opens 16th store
CountryMax has opened a new location based 2964 State Route 31 in Baldwinsville, Onondaga County, officials said. The new site is the Victor, Ontario County-based company’s 16th store.
- VP Supply Corp. buys Maynards Electric Supply
- Wine & Design opens in Chili
Wine & Design, a painting franchise that pairs painting with drinking wine, has opened in Chili with its opening event set for Friday from 5 to 8 p.m., officials said. The franchise has more than 70 locations nationwide.
- Stacy K Floral opens on Russell Street
Stacy K Floral Inc. has opened at 43 Russell St., officials announced this week.
- New-car sales remain down
New-car sales in Monroe County in September continued to trail 2015 sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Del Lago opens employment office to help fill 1,800 jobs
Del Lago Resort & Casino has opened a recruitment and employment office to help fill 1,800 positions. The employment office is in the Generations Bank building at 20 East Bayard St. in Seneca Falls, Seneca County.
- Wescott Group acquires Economy Paper Co.
A Henrietta-based janitorial supply distributor has purchased Economy Paper Co. Inc., officials announced. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- Wal-Mart begins training academy in Batavia
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.’s training academy started Tuesday in Batavia, Genesee County.
- Wal-Mart to open academy in Batavia
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is opening an academy in Batavia, Genesee County, on Tuesday to train front-line supervisors, officials announced Monday.
- From war orphan to altruistic entrepreneur
- Trade group honors area bike shop
Tryon Bike LLC has been named one of America’s Best Bike Shops for 2016 for the third time by the National Bicycle Dealers Association, officials said. Fewer than 3 percent of bike shops in America receive the honor.