- Eastview Mall to add upstate's first Tumi store
Eastview Mall will add Tumi—a travel, business and lifestyle accessories retailer—to its offerings starting this fall.
- Major retailers agree to unit pricing for online, mobile apps
A new initiative by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman will bring unit pricing to the websites and mobile apps of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp., Walgreen Co., CVS Caremark Corp., Fresh Direct LLC, and Drugstore.com Inc.
- Hart's Local Grocers plans to open store in downtown's East End
Hart’s Local Grocers plans to open a store in a former auto repair shop on Winthrop Street. It will be the first full-service grocery store downtown in more than a decade.
- Tops store to use VoicePort medication synchronization program
Rochester-based VoicePort LLC has launched its medication synchronization program, called SynchroScript, as well as two other services with a Tops Friendly Markets pharmacy in a Buffalo suburb.
- Shop till you drop? This invention is for you
- Tops holds re-opening event at Brighton store
Tops Friendly Markets Inc. on Tuesday marked the re-opening of its Brighton supermarket following a $4 million renovation.
- Management-led deal for Tops closes
Tops Friendly Markets Inc. announced Monday the acquisition of Tops Holding II by senior managers of the company closed Dec. 1.
- Employees ratify new contract with Wegmans Food Markets
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. announced Thursday evening its Rochester-based distribution and transportation employees, represented by Teamsters Local 118, voted in favor of the chain’s contract proposal.
- Samuelsohn completes Hickey Freeman purchase
Samuelsohn Ltd., a Montreal-based premium menswear brand, has finalized its purchase of Hickey Freeman from W. Diamond Group, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said this afternoon.
- Franchisee has the brand on a run
- Grant to help the Strong establish America at Play exhibit
The Strong has received $149,903 grant to aid in the transition of its second floor into an interactive exhibit called America at Play.
- New Wegmans store on East Avenue set to open
The new Wegmans Food Markets Inc. store on East Avenue slated to open at 7 a.m. Sunday will dwarf its predecessor. The new store is 86,900 square feet, up from 43,000 square feet in the store it replaces. It will have 625 employees, 150 more than before.
- Developer inks deal with Costco for CityGate project
Anthony J. Costello & Son Development LLC is moving forward with its CityGate project, a $250 million mixed-used development on 45 acres in the city. The real estate developer Wednesday said Costco Wholesale Corp. has approved the site for its first membership warehouse club in Western New York.
- Holistic and wellness center marks opening
Holistic and wellness center Energy on East has opened for business on East Avenue.
- Photo-sharing sites can spur sales, firms find
- Union feud pulls in Wegmans
- DirectBuy to pay $500,000 to settle N.Y. lawsuit
DirectBuy has agreed to pay $500,000 and adjust some policies to settle charges that it has misled consumers with deceptive sales pitches, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Chowder Up dishes out pair of wins in Buffalo
Rochester food truck Chowder Up had a big weekend. The mobile seafood truck won two awards at the Buffalo Soup Festival held Sunday at the Hearthstone Manor banquet center in Depew.
- Holiday season fetches big sales for Crazy Dog
- Reed Eye Associates opens center in Newark
Reed Eye Associates has opened an optical boutique and eye care center in Newark, Wayne County. It is the fifth in the area. Other Reed offices are in Pittsford, Greece, Irondequoit and Sodus, also in Wayne County.