- Big City Sportswear opens in Marketplace Mall
Big City Sportswear Inc. - a retailer selling brands like Carhartt, Timberland and Under Armour for men and women - has opened a store in the Marketplace Mall.
- Most readers oppose Wegmans boycott
A large majority of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll oppose calls to boycott Wegmans Food Markets Inc. for selling Trump Winery products in some of its stores.
- Top 100: Company builds its market for generations
Sixth-generation businesses are hard to come by.
- Rochester downtown development event draws nearly 500 attendees
More than 490 people attended the downtown development event Tuesday morning, part of the RBJ Power Breakfast Series. The panel included Buckingham Properties LLC managing partner Ken Glazer, who said: "I can see Rochester on the cover of a magazine in five years with the headline, 'Here’s a city that did it right.'"
- Wegmans ranks second on study of companies' reputations
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. placed second out of 100 firms in the 2017 Harris Poll Reputation Quotient Study that ranks the most visible companies. Amazon Inc. took the No. 1 spot and Publix Supermarkets Inc. ranked third.
- Wegmans customers donate $1.74 million for hunger relief
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. customers donated $1.74 million last fall to help hunger relief.
- Execs cite slow growth of jobs, investment here
- Diversification, acquisitions key for firm
- Developer claims Wegmans 'kills Chick-fil-A site' in Brighton
The developer of the Whole Foods Center in Brighton said Thursday plans to put a Chick-fil-A restaurant there are unlikely. Danny Daniele said he believes traffic concerns voiced by Wegmans Food Markets Inc. would make getting approvals and permits for the restaurant too difficult.
- Tending to a Rochester jewel
- Pet-supply chain to open in former Blockbuster store
Pet Supplies Plus, a national retailer, will soon open in a former Blockbuster Video location on Monroe Avenue in the city.
- Henrietta firm agrees to pay penalties
York Furniture Centers Inc. has agreed to pay $10,000 in penalties for false advertising as part of a settlement with state attorney general’s office.
- The Loop
- Area ranks among Top 20 cities for local holiday shopping
Rochester ranks No. 19 out of 20 on Yelp Corp.’s Top 20 Cities for Local Holiday Shopping in 2016, officials announced Tuesday.
- Guiding the family business
Mann’s Jewelers CEO Nancy Mann is a ninth-generation jeweler
- Vision for Village Gate to continue
- New tower attracts residents and businesses
- Charter Communications to add 228 jobs in city, Henrietta
Charter Communications LLC, a broadband communications firm, will add 228 full-time jobs in Rochester and Henrietta, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.
- CountryMax opens 16th store
CountryMax has opened a new location based 2964 State Route 31 in Baldwinsville, Onondaga County, officials said. The new site is the Victor, Ontario County-based company’s 16th store.
- VP Supply Corp. buys Maynards Electric Supply