- Gas prices rise here heading into July 4 holiday
Despite a steady rise in gas prices locally, experts predict record-high visitors to state and national parks heading into the Independence Day weekend.
- Hilton Garden Inn at College Town opens
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center opened at College Town Tuesday, the hotel chain said.
- Thank your employees, and help them thank others
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Vuzix launches retail prescription lenses for its smart glasses
Vuzix Corp. has launched its first retail collection of prescription lenses for its M100 Smart Glasses with National Vision Inc.’s Eyeglass World, a prescription retailer.
- VOA to shutter thrift stores, focus on mission-related programs
Volunteers of America Upstate New York plans to close all its upstate thrift stores and recycling operations to focus more fully on mission-related programs.
- Two area firms recognized as best workplaces for millennials
Two local companies have earned praise as great places to work for millennials.
- Messner launching showroom in Greece
Messner Flooring Re: Source Commercial Carpet and Flooring is opening a new 4,000-square-foot showroom in Greece called Messner Flooring America, officials said. It will be Messner's second area retail showroom.
- Big move set for Main St.
- Paley piece makes debut
- Vuzix to be included in the Russell Microcap Growth Index
Vuzix Corp.’s stock will be included in the Russell Microcap Growth Index when Russell Investments reconstitutes its set of U.S. and global equity indexes on June 26, officials said.
- Thermo Fisher's Fairport site to be featured on 'Home Factory'
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.’s local manufacturing facility will be featured the “Home Factory” TV series on FYI.
- Founding director Flaherty to retire from Writers & Books
For the first time in 35 years, Writers & Books Inc. will have someone other than Joe Flaherty at the helm.
- Fairport toy store to create Rochester-based game
Fairport-based My Favorite Toy Box LLC is creating a game called ROC-OPOLY, a Rochester-focused version of Monopoly, officials said.
- Bills season ticket sales hit record
Season ticket sales for the Buffalo Bills have reached more than 57,500, the highest total in the team’s 55-year history, team officials announced Monday.
- New-car sales in May trail 2014 level
New-car sales in Monroe County improved from April to May, but continued to dip from last year’s sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Abundance Cooperative Market plans new store
Abundance Cooperative Market plans to have a new home in February.
- Impact of RBJ 75 more than payroll alone
The top employers also are big purchasers of local goods, services
- RBJ 75: For the economy, what matters more than jobs?