- Saxbys closes at College Town
Saxbys—a coffee retailer located in College Town—closed May 20 after three months of trying to find a sustainable plan moving forward, officials said. The efforts over the last few months were successful but not enough.
- Monro shares fall after Q4 earnings, revenues misses
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. stocks were down more than $8 a share in early morning trading Thursday, after reporting fourth-quarter results that missed Street estimates.
- Kost Tire agrees to pay $275,000 settlement on oil charges
Kost Tire Distributors Inc. has agreed to pay a $275,000 settlement to the state of New York for falsely charging customers a fee for recycling their used oil.
- Joint Corp. cracks market
Making its second foray into Upstate New York, Joint Corp. recently opened an office in Perinton.
- Seminar to focus on franchise opportunities
Franchise representatives from across the country are coming to Rochester next week for a “Meet the Franchisor” seminar.
- Henderson Ford lauded as top government sales dealership in NY
Henderson Ford was the top-selling government-sales dealership in New York last year and 12th in the nation, Ford Motor Co.’s government dealer advisory board reported.
- Sibley Building work to begin with closing on $71M of financing
The developers of the Sibley Building downtown said Tuesday afternoon they have closed on $71 million of financing that will kick off construction and redevelopment of nearly 500,000 square feet of the structure downtown.
- No clearcut answer on employee, contractor question
- Pet Supplies Plus to hold opening event for Greece store
Pet Supplies Plus LLC—a national retailer of pet products—plans an opening event May 7 and 8 at its Greece store at 3177 Latta Road.
- For RBJ 75, no single benchmark of success
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.
- Survey ranks Wegmans as nation's favorite grocery store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named America’s based on a survey of more than 10,000 consumers by Market Force Information Inc., officials announced Wednesday.
- Kitty Van Bortel named 2016 Time Dealer of the Year
Mary Catherine Van Bortel, president of Van Bortel Group, was named the 2016 TIME Dealer of the Year. Van Bortel, known as Kitty, received the award at the 99th annual National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Exposition in Las Vegas on Friday evening.
- CountryMax in Henrietta moves to new location
CountryMax has moved its location to a new superstore at 4575 West Henrietta Road. It previously was located on East Henrietta Road.
- Reflecting on 40 years
Retiring vice chairman Paul Speranza Jr. has helped guide Wegmans
- $10.2M project on track: Three more buildings coming to Village Gate
- Valeant's woes could prompt sale of B&L
- Geva's 'Mockingbird' production sets box office record
The Geva Theatre stage production of “To Kill a Mockingbird” has become the highest-selling non-musical production in Geva’s history, theatre officials announced Tuesday.
- Buyers sign letter of intent to buy Shadow Lake Golf Club
Fritz Odenbach, senior vice president of the Dolomite Group, and Gary Haseley, a former owner and CEO of Zeller Corp., signed a letter of intent to purchase the assets of Shadow Lake Golf and Racquet Club from the Dolomite Group.
- Quantum Sails launches affiliate, new site
Quantum Sails Rochester LLC, a sail-making firm located on Hudson Avenue, has launched a new affiliate and website, sailsNcanvas.com.