- Black Button to launch Lilac Gin next week
Black Button Distilling plans to launch its limited edition Lilac Gin on May 1. The first grain-to-glass craft distillery in Rochester is launching the product as a tribute to city’s botanical heritage and the annual Rochester Lilac Festival.
- College Town plans free block party April 24
The grand opening of College Town will be recognized by a two-day block party kicking off at 4 p.m. April 24.
- Career panel set for Equal Pay Day
The Susan B. Anthony Center at the University of Rochester will hold a career panel Tuesday that will feature women with careers in community health, direct action and community organizing, journalism and media, and law and public policy.
- New owners set to tee it up at Blue Heron
- The Loop
- Verizon Wireless to open new Victor store
Verizon Wireless Inc. is moving its location in Cobblestone Court in Victor to a new location in Eastgate Square.
- Upstate consumer confidence soars in Q1
Confidence among upstate consumers continued to climb in the first quarter, with overall confidence reaching its highest point in a decade, Siena Research Institute reported Wednesday.
- RBTL warns of scam ticket sites
The Rochester Broadway Theatre League Inc. issued a warning about fraudulent websites selling tickets to shows at the Auditorium Theatre.
- Rochester Lyric Opera to turn church into performing arts venue
Rochester will have a new major performing arts venue, the owners announced Wednesday morning. Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. has purchased the former First Church of Christ, Scientist at 440 East Ave. for $1.2 million. The opera group plans to spend an additional $6 million to renovate the 100-year-old landmark structure.
- Fairport Brewing receives trio of honors
Fairport Brewing Co. LLC has earned gold, silver and bronze medals from the 2015 World Beer Championships, officials announced.
- LeChase acquires Westchester County firm C.W. Brown
LeChase Construction Services LLC has acquired C.W. Brown Inc. in Armonk, Westchester County, for an undisclosed sum. Under the agreement, which took effect April 1, C.W. Brown will operate as a division of LeChase, with the same workforce and market focus.
- Allow staff to work at home but clarify expectations, limits
- Wegmans tops supermarkets ranking
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has once again been named the top supermarket in the country according to Consumer Reports.
- Small-business show takes place Wednesday
The 14th annual Small Business Show-SOHO Rochester 2015 takes place 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Joseph A. Floreano Riverside Convention Center.
- Talbots store to open at Waterloo Premium Outlets
The Talbots Inc. is opening a store at the Waterloo Premium Outlets on Thursday.
- Return to Normandy campaign finalist for award
McDougall Communications LLC teamed up with the National Warplane Museum to create a campaign that is now a finalist in the 2015 Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Awards. It is one of 136 finalists out of more than 800 entries.
- Tops sees smaller loss, higher sales in Q4
In its fiscal fourth quarter Tops Holding II Corp. narrowed its net loss as it logged a slight increase in net sales.
- Tops wins grocery industry award
Tops Friendly Markets LLC has been awarded the Independent Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters—an industry publication based in New York City, the company announced Wednesday.
- Steve Gadd to appear at Jazz Fest
Rochester fans might say it is like saving the best for last. Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival producers announced Rochester’s drumming master Steve Gadd and his band will perform as the final headliner for the nine-day event.