- New Wegmans store on East Avenue set to open
The new Wegmans Food Markets Inc. store on East Avenue slated to open at 7 a.m. Sunday will dwarf its predecessor. The new store is 86,900 square feet, up from 43,000 square feet in the store it replaces. It will have 625 employees, 150 more than before.
- Developer inks deal with Costco for CityGate project
Anthony J. Costello & Son Development LLC is moving forward with its CityGate project, a $250 million mixed-used development on 45 acres in the city. The real estate developer Wednesday said Costco Wholesale Corp. has approved the site for its first membership warehouse club in Western New York.
- Holistic and wellness center marks opening
Holistic and wellness center Energy on East has opened for business on East Avenue.
- Photo-sharing sites can spur sales, firms find
- Union feud pulls in Wegmans
- DirectBuy to pay $500,000 to settle N.Y. lawsuit
DirectBuy has agreed to pay $500,000 and adjust some policies to settle charges that it has misled consumers with deceptive sales pitches, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Thursday.
- Chowder Up dishes out pair of wins in Buffalo
Rochester food truck Chowder Up had a big weekend. The mobile seafood truck won two awards at the Buffalo Soup Festival held Sunday at the Hearthstone Manor banquet center in Depew.
- Holiday season fetches big sales for Crazy Dog
- Reed Eye Associates opens center in Newark
Reed Eye Associates has opened an optical boutique and eye care center in Newark, Wayne County. It is the fifth in the area. Other Reed offices are in Pittsford, Greece, Irondequoit and Sodus, also in Wayne County.
- Area retailers announce Black Friday hours
The Rochester-area malls have announced their schedules for Nov. 23, better known as Black Friday, the kickoff date for the holiday shopping season.
- New look at tower project
- PGA Championship merchandise sale set for Monday
Official merchandise for the 2013 PGA Championship is available for sale Monday, for one day, at Oak Hill Country Club, tournament representatives announced Thursday.
- Big Lots to open store in Wayne County
Big Lots Inc. is getting bigger. The company is ready to open its newest store in Ontario, Wayne County.
- Constellation inks agreement to sell wine at Bills games
Constellation Brands Inc. has signed a three-year agreement with the Buffalo Bills that will give the Victor firm the chance to sell a variety of wines and spirits to fans in the executive suites and premium club area at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park.
- Tops' net income soars in Q2
Tops Holding Corp., parent company of Tops Markets LLC, reported a jump in net income in the second quarter. The company cited cost containment strategies and successful marketing campaigns.
- Skooba wins kudos for customer serviceSkooba Design, a Chili-based company specializing in the design and manufacture of carrying cases for laptops and other tech gear, has been awarded “Elite” designation by Stella Service.
- Monro Muffler reaches agreement with U.S. Labor Department
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. has agreed to institute procedures to protect its workers against hydraulic lift injuries at its more than 800 stores, the result of an Occupational Safety and Health Administration investigation that revealed equipment deficiencies.
- In virtual reality, weather never bothers golfers
- Constellation Brands acquires Mark West wine brand
Constellation Brands Inc. has completed its acquisition of the Mark West wine brand from Purple Wine Co. LLC for roughly $160 million, the Victor firm announced after markets closed Monday.
- Cellular Sales opens Marketplace Mall location
Cellular Sales has opened a new store at Marketplace Mall in Henrietta. The store plans to hire seven new employees in the coming weeks, officials said.