- Sequels Home Furnishings to hold opening in Victor
Sequels Home Furnishings LLC will hold the opening of its 5,000-square-foot store in Victor, Ontario County, on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m., officials said Thursday. The new showroom is located at 5 Railroad St.
- Brite Computers hires BrandOrchard founder
Victor-based Brite Computers has hired Michael Stone, founder of BrandOrchard Inc., to guide the firm’s brand planning and growth strategy.
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
- Area gas prices continue to plummet
Gas prices continued to plummet both locally and nationally this week, following a drop in U.S. crude oil prices to a six-year low of below $40 a barrel.
- Wegmans' pharmacies earn high marks in JD Power study
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. earned the highest ranking among supermarket pharmacies in a J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Pharmacy Study, officials said.
- Pop-up shows gain traction, create avenues for ideas
- Entertainment district transforms, offers variety
- Retailent announces kickoff pub crawl event Saturday
Retailent, a collaboration among local organizations to create a “Shark Tank” competition, announced details for its kickoff event, called the Envision St. Paul Pub Crawl. It’s noon to 4 p.m. Aug. 15.
- Backyard Burger & Rib fest to celebrate 10 days of blues
The Great American Backyard Burger & Rib Festival begins Aug. 21 at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- Atlanta-based kid-centric hair salon to open in Henrietta
Atlanta-based hair salon franchise Pigtails & Crewcuts opens Tuesday at its location at 100 Marketplace Drive in Henrietta, across from Marketplace Mall. The business has five employees.
- His view at 100: Burton August Sr. reflects on Monro, his own philanthropy
- Wegmans to open new store near Boston
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is opening a 125,000-square-foot store in Natick, Mass., officials said Wednesday. The location, roughly 10 miles west of Boston, currently is occupied by JCPenney.
- Foodlink opens newly remodeled store
Foodlink Inc. has opened a new, remodeled store in Rochester, part of an initiative to create healthy spaces in city neighborhoods.
- Tops to take over Wade's Market in Farmington
Tops Markets LLC will take over operations at Wade’s Market in Farmington, officials said Tuesday.
- Online retailers provide model for tech upgrades
First Niagara Financial Group Inc. wants its technology upgrades to look more like Amazon.com and less like a bank.
- His business is fun and games
CEO Jason Arena has grown video game developer Workinman Interactive to 45 employees
- The Record
- Vuzix's eyewear available in safety-glass format
Vuzix Corp. Tuesday said its Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses product is now available in a prescription-capable, safety-glass format.
- Eclectic business is a joy but not yet a victory