- Tops sees smaller loss, higher sales in Q4
In its fiscal fourth quarter Tops Holding II Corp. narrowed its net loss as it logged a slight increase in net sales.
- Tops wins grocery industry award
Tops Friendly Markets LLC has been awarded the Independent Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters—an industry publication based in New York City, the company announced Wednesday.
- Steve Gadd to appear at Jazz Fest
Rochester fans might say it is like saving the best for last. Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival producers announced Rochester’s drumming master Steve Gadd and his band will perform as the final headliner for the nine-day event.
- Bully Hill takes gold in 2015 Best of the Web
- Plurality: No ban, tax on plastic bags
Nearly half of respondents support neither a ban nor a tax for single-use plastic bags, while 49 percent of respondents favor a local law banning foam food containers. See dozens of comments from readers.
- Greentopia film festival kicks off next week
The fourth annual Greentopia Film documentary film festival runs March 17 to 21 in partnership with Monroe Community College.
- N.Y. ranks seventh in the nation in cost of gas
With the third-highest state and federal taxes per gallon of gasoline, it may come as little surprise that New York ranks as the seventh-highest state for total gas prices.
- Wegmans makes Fortune best companies list for 18th year
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named No. 7 on Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. It marks the chain’s 18th consecutive year on the list.
- Report touts benefits of working from home
Workers in New York State could save nearly $12,000 a year by working from home, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Boutique opens at Brighton plaza
Silk Bridal Boutique has opened at 1900 Clinton Ave. S. in Brighton.
- Marriott honors DelMonte hotels
The DelMonte Hotel Group has been awarded a Gold and Silver Circle Award by Marriott International.
- Affordable Furniture owner charged with tax fraud
An area furniture store owner accused of pocketing sales tax that should have been turned over to the state is charged with tax evasion.
- Rochester Music Hall of Fame inductees to be named Wednesday
The Rochester Music Hall of Fame 2015 inductees will be announced Wednesday morning at Max of Eastman Place.
- Three new Jazz Fest headliners announced
The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival announced three new headlining acts for the nine-day festival scheduled for June.
- Fashion firm finds right fit for venture
- Office Furniture and Equipment Dealers
- Readers weigh in on Broad St. proposals
Nearly three-quarters of the respondents to this week’s Rochester Business Journal Daily Report Snap Poll say redevelopment of the historic Broad Street Aqueduct is important for future downtown economic development.