- Marriott honors DelMonte hotels
The DelMonte Hotel Group has been awarded a Gold and Silver Circle Award by Marriott International.
- Affordable Furniture owner charged with tax fraud
An area furniture store owner accused of pocketing sales tax that should have been turned over to the state is charged with tax evasion.
- Rochester Music Hall of Fame inductees to be named Wednesday
The Rochester Music Hall of Fame 2015 inductees will be announced Wednesday morning at Max of Eastman Place.
- Three new Jazz Fest headliners announced
The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival announced three new headlining acts for the nine-day festival scheduled for June.
- Fashion firm finds right fit for venture
- Office Furniture and Equipment Dealers
- Readers weigh in on Broad St. proposals
Nearly three-quarters of the respondents to this week’s Rochester Business Journal Daily Report Snap Poll say redevelopment of the historic Broad Street Aqueduct is important for future downtown economic development.
- RBJ Daily
- Tops Markets to close pharmacy departments in 7 local stores
Tops Friendly Markets LLC will close pharmacy departments in seven Monroe County stores this month to use the space to increase shopper options and to reinvest in its stores, the company said.
- Madewell to open first Upstate New York store
Madewell, part of the J. Crew brand, plans to open its first Upstate New York location at Eastview Mall in early spring.
- Hart's Local Grocer to hold second holiday market
Fueled by its initial success, Hart’s Local Grocers will play host to a second Hart’s Holiday Market on Dec. 20 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Orville's Home Appliances holds opening in Henrietta
Buffalo-based Orville’s Home Appliances Inc. will hold an opening event at its location in Henrietta on Sunday.
- Retirement frees time for new creative venture
- Fleet Feet Sports in Rochester buying Buffalo store
Fleet Feet Inc.—a firm focused on locally owned and operated specialty stores for runners, walkers and fitness enthusiasts—has selected the owners of Fleet Feet Sports in Rochester as the new owners of the Fleet Feet Sports Buffalo location.
Ranked by gallons produced in 2013.
- Eastview Mall to add upstate's first Tumi store
Eastview Mall will add Tumi—a travel, business and lifestyle accessories retailer—to its offerings starting this fall.
- Major retailers agree to unit pricing for online, mobile apps
A new initiative by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman will bring unit pricing to the websites and mobile apps of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp., Walgreen Co., CVS Caremark Corp., Fresh Direct LLC, and Drugstore.com Inc.
- Hart's Local Grocers plans to open store in downtown's East End
Hart’s Local Grocers plans to open a store in a former auto repair shop on Winthrop Street. It will be the first full-service grocery store downtown in more than a decade.