- Pet Supplies Plus to hold opening event for Greece store
Pet Supplies Plus LLC—a national retailer of pet products—plans an opening event May 7 and 8 at its Greece store at 3177 Latta Road.
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.
- Survey ranks Wegmans as nation's favorite grocery store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has been named America’s based on a survey of more than 10,000 consumers by Market Force Information Inc., officials announced Wednesday.
- Kitty Van Bortel named 2016 Time Dealer of the Year
Mary Catherine Van Bortel, president of Van Bortel Group, was named the 2016 TIME Dealer of the Year. Van Bortel, known as Kitty, received the award at the 99th annual National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Exposition in Las Vegas on Friday evening.
- CountryMax in Henrietta moves to new location
CountryMax has moved its location to a new superstore at 4575 West Henrietta Road. It previously was located on East Henrietta Road.
- Reflecting on 40 years
Retiring vice chairman Paul Speranza Jr. has helped guide Wegmans
- $10.2M project on track: Three more buildings coming to Village Gate
- Valeant's woes could prompt sale of B&L
- Geva's 'Mockingbird' production sets box office record
The Geva Theatre stage production of “To Kill a Mockingbird” has become the highest-selling non-musical production in Geva’s history, theatre officials announced Tuesday.
- Buyers sign letter of intent to buy Shadow Lake Golf Club
Fritz Odenbach, senior vice president of the Dolomite Group, and Gary Haseley, a former owner and CEO of Zeller Corp., signed a letter of intent to purchase the assets of Shadow Lake Golf and Racquet Club from the Dolomite Group.
- Quantum Sails launches affiliate, new site
Quantum Sails Rochester LLC, a sail-making firm located on Hudson Avenue, has launched a new affiliate and website, sailsNcanvas.com.
- Letchworth building year-round nature center
- Adrian Jules co-owner now past president of national association
The co-owner of Adrian Jules Custom Clothiers—a Brighton-based custom clothing manufacturer—has completed a one-year term as president of Custom Tailors & Designer Association.
- Home builders form group to aid small firms
- Two-year transformation projected for downtown
- Paddle event to benefit EquiCenter
Midtown Athletic Club’s 5th Annual Paddle for Saddles Tournament—a men’s and women’s doubles tournament that benefits the EquiCenter—is slated for March 5.
- Aldi's to hold hiring event for manager trainee positions
Aldi Inc.—a national grocery retailer—plans to hold two hiring events to fill 65 manager trainee positions for multiple locations, including Rochester, on March 2, officials announced Tuesday.
- Odenbach-led investor group to buy Greystone Golf Club
The former president and CEO of the Dolomite Group is leading a group of investors who plan to purchase the Greystone Golf Club in Walworth, Wayne County, from the company.
- Firm marks its 50th year in business
Rochester Picture Framing Inc. is marking its 50th in business this year, officials said.
- Faber Homes puts lots for sale at new development
The first nine lots at Faber Homes’ Queen’s Park residential community in Henrietta are now available for sale.