Small Business News
- Real estate services firm celebrates 40th year
- Report shows N.Y. small-business owners upbeat
Small-business owners in New York have a positive outlook for business prospects over the next six months, but hiring plans are down, a new report from American Express Open shows.
- Splyce eSports wins 2015 Rochester Venture Challenge
The winner of the 2015 Rochester Venture Challenge is Splyce eSports, a gaming company that builds websites to stream information for fans, game developers and event organizers.
- Entrepreneur to get Vanden Brul honor
- Window cleaning allows owner to clean up
- Five startup firms compete for title, cash
- Young entrepreneurs make their pitches at RIT's Tiger Tank
It is Rochester Institute of Technology’s version of “Shark Tank.” Teams of student entrepreneurs will have the chance to pitch their business ideas to local investors.
- Shop offers brews steeped in wellness
- Small-business show takes place Wednesday
The 14th annual Small Business Show-SOHO Rochester 2015 takes place 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Joseph A. Floreano Riverside Convention Center.
- Bully Hill takes gold in 2015 Best of the Web
- Quick, effective video process produces hits
- NEXUS-NY selects area teams for new program
New Energy Xcelerator of Upstate New York has selected nine teams, including three based in Rochester, to participate in a new program.
- Hands-on novices make wine their way
- The Entrepreneurs Network seeks applications
Applications are now being accepted for the 18th class of the Entrepreneurs Network.
- Fichter trains athletes who WannaGetFast
- Fast Start: 'Flower hunter' finds holistic growth
Sarah Costello seeks to make the flower-buying experience more ecologically friendly
- Woof, woof! Their business has gone to the dogs