Small Business News
- Excell Partners leads seed financing for Traverse Biosciences
Excell Partners was a leader in providing $500,000 in convertible debt financing to support operations and advance product development efforts for Traverse Biosciences, officials announced Wednesday.
- Haven for bikers, and others, opens in Macedon
- Tails wagging over Barkshop's doggie snacks
- Home and garden center sees a resurgence
This year New Grossmans Garden & Home benefits from both longevity and its fresh start.
- Seminar to focus on franchise opportunities
Franchise representatives from across the country are coming to Rochester next week for a “Meet the Franchisor” seminar.
- Report: Rochester moves up as a city to start a career
Rochester ranks in the bottom half of cities nationwide to start a career, a new report from WalletHub shows. But its ranking has improved since last year.
- Operating overseas involves meticulous planning
- B&L parent Valeant names new CEO
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. stock initially picked up steam Monday on news Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent has named a new CEO, but the shares later wavered.
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship marks its opening
A new hub for urban entrepreneurial programs and research opened downtown Monday.
- Equipment is also supplied to meet needs of any social or corporate occasio
- Boat-shares offer options for enthusiast
- Failure Sessions event slated for next week
Digital Rochester Inc. will present The Failure Sessions, an event that aims to celebrate the lessons to be learned from failure, on April 6 at 6 p.m. at the Downstairs Cabaret Theatre.
- Five finalists selected for 2016 Rochester Venture Challenge
The 2016 Rochester Venture Challenge has chosen five finalists out of 29 early stage companies that began the competition. The contest involves entrepreneurs competing for $40,000 in cash and prizes, officials said.
- Loudspeakers spreading sound around the globe
- Trainer teaches clients all aspects of fitness
- Consultant shares breadth of experience
- Hounded by her success, baker yelps for space
Laura Bugajski had spent a decade climbing the corporate ladder, traveling the world and overseeing hundreds of workers.
- Startups on the rise
There has been a notable increase in fledgling businesses.
- High-energy paint classes elicit enthusiasm
Gloria Kreitzberg pours her passion, energy and enthusiasm into everything she does. Her latest venture blends those traits with her love of music, art and dance into a unique experience for the over-21 crowd.