Small Business News
- B&L parent Valeant names new CEO
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. stock initially picked up steam Monday on news Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent has named a new CEO, but the shares later wavered.
- Center for Urban Entrepreneurship marks its opening
A new hub for urban entrepreneurial programs and research opened downtown Monday.
- Boat-shares offer options for enthusiast
- Failure Sessions event slated for next week
Digital Rochester Inc. will present The Failure Sessions, an event that aims to celebrate the lessons to be learned from failure, on April 6 at 6 p.m. at the Downstairs Cabaret Theatre.
- Five finalists selected for 2016 Rochester Venture Challenge
The 2016 Rochester Venture Challenge has chosen five finalists out of 29 early stage companies that began the competition. The contest involves entrepreneurs competing for $40,000 in cash and prizes, officials said.
- Loudspeakers spreading sound around the globe
- Trainer teaches clients all aspects of fitness
- Consultant shares breadth of experience
- Hounded by her success, baker yelps for space
Laura Bugajski had spent a decade climbing the corporate ladder, traveling the world and overseeing hundreds of workers.
- Startups on the rise
There has been a notable increase in fledgling businesses.
- High-energy paint classes elicit enthusiasm
Gloria Kreitzberg pours her passion, energy and enthusiasm into everything she does. Her latest venture blends those traits with her love of music, art and dance into a unique experience for the over-21 crowd.
- Cake and coffee--what a winning combination
- TempleSox succeeds by dressing up eyewear
- Small companies strain to fulfill ACA requirements
- Virtual business opens doors for small agency
- Veteran-Owned Businesses
- Fitness and wellness combine for maximum appeal
- Fast grower hits Chapter 11
- Make everything tasteful with your own 'magic oil'