Small Business News
- Rochester Eye & Laser completes upgrades
Encouraged by redevelopment of former Inner Loop land next door, Rochester Eye & Laser Center has completed an extensive upgrade of its facility at North Union and Charlotte Streets in the East End.
- Arbitrator orders union to drop complaint against Ajay Glass
- AARP study shows small businesses support retirement plan
Two-thirds of New York’s small businesses want the state to establish a privately managed retirement savings plan for their employees, a new study from AARP New York shows.
- Evoke Healthy Foods to receive funding
Evoke Healthy Foods is receiving up to $50,000 from Launch New York Inc., a venture development organization. The company, which is registered under the name Muesli Fusion Inc., makes muesli cereals with organic and gluten-free ingredients.
- City entrepreneur discovers ‘T-shirt is king’
- Rochester firm expands to light the world
- First novel leads to burgeoning livelihood
- Say goodbye to holding flashlights in your teeth
- Business fueled success for mother, daughter
Traci Adolph is not afraid to take chances, especially when it comes to her company’s growth. That is one of the traits she inherited from her mother.
- Specialists in dirt tackle jobs we can't handle
- Pavia, Weis win 2016 Business Person of the Year award
The 34th annual Small Business Council of Rochester recognized Michael Pavia of Sydor Technologies LLC and Cyndi Weis of Breathe Yoga and Juice Bar Inc. as winners of the 2016 Business Person of the Year award.
- Success as acupuncturist didn't come easily
- The Steps to Follow for a Successful Office Move
- Helping their clients help everyone else
- A breath of fresh air to her community
- Strong culture serves as basis for success
- Paychex hiring to fill 200 area jobs
Paychex Inc. has openings for 200 jobs in Rochester and plans to interview pre-qualified candidates on Wednesday at a special open house.
- GRE accepting applications for Economic Gardening Program
A free program offered by an area organization has helped generate some 540 jobs at 93 companies.
- Company evolves and prospers with the times
- Staffing agency gives emphasis to retention