Technology & Telecom News
- Schumer seeks change in rule that limits use of security software
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., issued a call to the federal government on Wednesday to suspend a proposed rule that limits Upstate New York’s electrical power grid companies, banks and telecommunication companies from some protections against cyberattacks.
- IBM collaborates with RIT on cybersecurity program
IBM Corp. is teaming up with Rochester Institute of Technology to advance education for students in the cybersecurity program.
- Vuzix's eyewear available in safety-glass format
Vuzix Corp. Tuesday said its Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses product is now available in a prescription-capable, safety-glass format.
- Biden announces photonics institute
Vice President Joe Biden came to Rochester Monday to announce a more than $600 million new photonics institute—the American Institute for Manufacturing Integrated Photonics—that will be launched over the next five years.
- Frontier CEO joins Constellation Brands board
Constellation Brands Inc. said Friday its board of directors increased the size of the board from nine to 10 members, electing Daniel McCarthy, Frontier Communications Corp. president and CEO, as its newest member.
- Eclectic business is a joy but not yet a victory
- Biden slated for Monday visit to Rochester
Vice President Joe Biden is scheduled to visit Rochester Monday. He is expected on Monday to announce Rochester will be the headquarters of a federal photonics manufacturing institute that could mean many jobs for local optical firms and the region.
- Software Developers
- BlackBox devices seen as a way to guard soldiers
- Bonadio expands into corporate security
- Fast Start: Growing up
- Data drives growth: LPA Software adds staffers to new team
- A CEO who uses his energy efficiently
Timothy Wilson took century-old Arnold Magnetic Technologies into an era of innovation.
- New-car sales in June rise 10 percent over last year
New-car sales in Monroe County fell from May to June but improved over 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Genesee Country Village & Museum launches online tour
Fans of the Genesee Country Village & Museum no longer need to travel to the site to see the exhibits.
- N.J.-based Natcore to relocate headquarters to Rochester
Natcore Technology Inc., an N.J.-based solar company, Tuesday said it is moving its headquarters to Water Street in Rochester.
- Expo aims to ramp up local climate for startups
This October a Tech Startup Expo will bring together community members to invigorate the local startup climate, officials said Monday. The one-day event is presented by ESL Federal Credit Union.
- Wegmans tests telemedicine at some stores
- Schools agree on advantages of technology
- Rochester Top 100: Victor IT company sees a bright future
Focus on data network security has helped Brite Computers grow