Technology & Telecom News
- Rochester Precision Optics names new president
Rochester Precision Optics LLC has named Dane Hileman as president, effective June 13.
- Burns to serve as chairman of post-split document tech firm
Xerox Corp. chairman and CEO Ursula Burns will serve as chairman of the document technology company, but not its CEO, following the completion of the separation of Xerox into two independently public companies, the Xerox board of directors announced Friday.
- Photonics fuels Victor firm's expansion
- New service drives growth at city company
- Monro shares fall after Q4 earnings, revenues misses
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. stocks were down more than $8 a share in early morning trading Thursday, after reporting fourth-quarter results that missed Street estimates.
- Transcat posts dip in net income in Q4
Transcat Inc. posted a drop in net income for its fiscal fourth quarter compared with fourth quarter results a year ago.
- Cuomo visits Rochester brewery to unveil alcohol-related legislation
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced new legislation aimed at modernizing the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, detailing the changes during a visit to Rochester on Wednesday.
- Spookfish enters agreement with EagleView, Pictometry parent
EagleView Technology Corp.—parent of EagleView Technologies Inc. and Pictometry International Corp.—has entered into a partnership with Spookfish Limited, officials announced this week.
- Pa.-based BioTelemetry says VirtualScopics deal to go forward
BioTelemetry Inc. on Tuesday said it had completed its tender offer for shares of VirtualScopics Inc., and it expects the merger to go forward as promptly as possible.
- Irondequoit firm inks deal for Southeast Asia
Response Care Inc. has moved into the Southeast Asia market, inking a distribution deal with JV Vision Sdn. Bhd., Response Care CEO Myron Kowal said Monday.
- IT Support Firms
- Firm acquires Kodak business
A Chicago-based firm has acquired an Eastman Kodak Co. business, the companies announced Wednesday.
- Frontier Communications reports widening Q1 loss
Frontier Communications Corp. reported a net loss of $186 million or 16 cents a share in its first quarter, widening the gap from last year’s net loss of $51 million or 5 cents a share a year ago.
- Harris reports increase in Q3 profit, sales
Harris Corp. continues to benefit from its multibillion acquisition last year of Exelis Inc., reporting on Tuesday increases in its year-over-year third-quarter profit and sales.
- New platform measures employee engagement
- Strong leader connects here
Elena Kilpatrick serves as senior vice president and general manager of N.Y. operations for Frontier
- B&L parent Valeant names new CEO
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. stock initially picked up steam Monday on news Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent has named a new CEO, but the shares later wavered.
- Improving website should be an ongoing process
- Bivona is gold winner in 2016 Best of the Web
- House bill includes $68 million for UR laser lab
Federal funding for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics in fiscal 2017 is moving forward, with $68 million for the lab included in the House of Representatives’ House Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill.