Technology & Telecom News
- Perfectionism, or how to market a thing to death
- SiGNa Chemistry marks opening at Eastman Business Park
SiGNa Chemistry Inc. marked the grand opening of its chemical manufacturing plant and technical center at Eastman Business Park on Thursday, highlighting the company’s role in the growing high-technology manufacturing and energy industries here.
- Communications Systems receives $1.7 billion contract
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems business in Rochester has received a contract for up to $1.7 billion from the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command to supply secure tactical communication products.
- Taylor to build new Cellular Sales store in Macedon
Cellular Sales of New York, the largest Verizon premium wireless retailer in the country, has awarded Empire Commercial Construction—a division of Taylor The Builders—the contract for a 3,000 square foot location in Macedon, officials said.
- Ortho Clinical inks deal with Beckman Coulter
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Beckman Coulter Inc. have signed a sales agreement, officials said Thursday.
- SEC bars ex-IEC Electronics VP, suspends former controller
The Securities and Exchange Commission has barred a former corporate vice president and suspended a former controller behind false accounting at IEC Electronics Corp., following an investigation.
- Excell Partners leads seed financing for Traverse Biosciences
Excell Partners was a leader in providing $500,000 in convertible debt financing to support operations and advance product development efforts for Traverse Biosciences, officials announced Wednesday.
- Wine educators group coming to the Finger Lakes region
The Society of Wine Educators brings one of its signature mini conferences to the Finger Lakes region on Thursday and Friday, Visit Rochester leaders have announced.
- Data security topic of forum to be held at RIT
Logical Operations Inc. is hosting the Upstate New York Regional Cybersecurity Forum this month. It's June 14 at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- EagleView, parent of Pictometry, names new CEO, president
EagleView Technology Corp., the parent of EagleView Technologies Inc. and Pictometry International Corp. in Henrietta, has named Bill Bunker as CEO effective June 8, officials announced Tuesday.
- Low-tech changes reducing stress of doctor visits
- PaeTec's IT team spawns startup EagleDream
- Longtime staffer becomes CEO, buys IT company
- How three entrepreneurs improved the medical field
- DSS plan to regain listing compliance accepted
Document Security Systems Inc.’s plan to regain compliance with New York Stock Exchange listing rules has been accepted, NYSE MKT LLC officials said this week.
- Rochester Precision Optics names new president
Rochester Precision Optics LLC has named Dane Hileman as president, effective June 13.
- Burns to serve as chairman of post-split document tech firm
Xerox Corp. chairman and CEO Ursula Burns will serve as chairman of the document technology company, but not its CEO, following the completion of the separation of Xerox into two independently public companies, the Xerox board of directors announced Friday.
- Photonics fuels Victor firm's expansion
- New service drives growth at city company
- Monro shares fall after Q4 earnings, revenues misses
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. stocks were down more than $8 a share in early morning trading Thursday, after reporting fourth-quarter results that missed Street estimates.