Technology & Telecom News
- Software giant SAP creates apps for Vuzix glasses
Vuzix Corp. announced SAP SE—an industry giant in backend enterprise, analytics and cloud system software—has released two applications for video eyewear company’s M100 Smart Glasses for enterprise markets.
- JML Optical acquires operating assets of California firm
JML Optical Industries LLC has acquired the operating assets of Harold Johnson Optical Laboratories Inc., the local firm said Tuesday.
- Telecommunications Equipment Providers
Ranked by number of local full-time employees.
- SUNY to install IP.com platform systemwide
The State University of New York has selected Perinton-based IP.com’s InnovationQ platform to be installed across the 64-campus system.
- IEC net income, sales decline in third quarter
IEC Electronics Corp. on Tuesday reported a drop in third-quarter sales and profit.
- Kodak posts smaller Q2 loss
Eastman Kodak Co. on Tuesday reported a smaller second-quarter net loss even as sales declined.
- Telecommunications Providers
Ranked by number of local employees.
- Software Developers
Ranked by number of local Software engineers and programmers.
- Trio of area IT companies make national list
Brite Computers, Finger Lakes Technologies Group Inc. and Synergy Global Solutions Inc. have been named to the 2014 Solution Provider 500 list by CRN, the media arm of the Channel Co.
- IT Support Firms
Ranked by number of local support engineers
- ON Semiconductor completes purchase of Truesense Imaging
ON Semiconductor Corp. has completed its acquisition of Truesense Imaging, a Rochester-based provider of high-performance image sensing devices, for some $95 million in cash.
- Ultralife reports operating loss in Q1 as sales fall
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in first-quarter sales and an operating loss due in part to sluggish sales in its communications systems business.
- Q2 loss narrows, sales rise at IEC Electronics
IEC Electronics Corp. reported Thursday a smaller second-quarter loss as sales increased during the period.
- Digital Rochester to hold personal cloud event
Digital Rochester Inc. plans to hold a personal cloud event to delve into one of the industry’s top trends for 2014. With a personal cloud, users can access data from any device.
- Computer Companies
Ranked by the number of local companies.
- Voting begins for 2014 RBJ Buzz Award
Competition for the 2014 RBJ Buzz Award begins at noon Friday. The award is part of the RBJ Best of the Web Awards and is given to the Rochester company that creates the most “buzz” around its presence in the community through its social media channels.
- AT&T Rochester Civic App Challenge launches
AT&T Inc. launched the AT&T Rochester Civic App Challenge on Thursday. It is two-month virtual hackathon being conducted along with sponsors Rochester Institute of Technology, Digital Rochester, High Tech Rochester Inc. and Hack Upstate. Developers are expected to build smartphone apps that serve the community,
- 5Linx generates $6.7M return for retirement fund
5Linx Enterprises Inc. has generated an estimated $6.7 million return, nearly four times the initial investment, for the New York State Common Retirement Fund, the state comptroller said Thursday.
- Web Design Firms
Ranked by number of local Web designers.
- Internet Service Providers
Ranked by number of area employees.