Technology & Telecom News
- Funding available for fleet upgrades
The Federal Highway Administration has made up to $1 million available for area communities to make their vehicle fleets more environmentally sound, Genesee Region Clean Communities Inc. announced.
- Wegmans warns of fraudulent coupon on Facebook
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. officials are asking customers to be wary of a fraudulent Facebook Inc. post that bears the Wegmans name, the company said Monday.
- Tiny computer costs little, does a lot--just don't eat it
- Report ranks Rochester 55th in U.S. for STEM jobs
Rochester ranks among the bottom half of the nation’s 100 largest metro areas for its STEM jobs, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Warm weather dampens Q3 sales, profit for Monro Muffler Brake
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Tuesday reported increased sales for the third quarter but missed Street estimates for earnings and revenues.
- VirtualScopics, PPD amend their agreement
VirtualSopics Inc. has amended its six-year agreement with Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC —a global contract research organization—to eliminate the marketing exclusivity terms in the pact, effective April 11, officials said.
- Doan to open new facility in Greece
Doan Family of Dealerships is gearing up for the opening of a new $5 million, 33,000-square-foot facility in Greece.
- Time to make company cybersecurity a priority
Time to make company cybersecurity a priority
- Enact security policy to avoid legal woes after a breach
- IT firms see higher demand for their security services
- RIT receives grant to assess electric control center operators
Rochester Institute of Technology officials announced Wednesday a grant to research the readiness and response improvements of operators relying on critical information from electric control systems.
- Web Design Firms
- Internet Service Providers
- Entrepreneur invents his own path
Austin McChord has built Datto into a $100 million company, with some 60 of its 550 staffers here
- Photonics ranks as top story
- Capstone moves to new headquarters
Capstone Information Technologies Inc. has moved its headquarters to Perinton, the company said Monday. The provider of IT computer support services now is located in a 10,000-square-foot space at 656 Kreag Road.
- 'Anybody home?' How to go online to answer the doorbell
- Driven by data
- Xerox to hold fair to fill 200 jobs
Xerox Corp. plans to hold a job fair next week to fill roughly 200 new positions at its customer care center in Webster.