Technology & Telecom News
- Frontier, Victor Merchants Group partner
Frontier Communications Corp. and the Victor Merchants Group are partnering to support the town and village of Victor, officials said.
- Mitel recognizes Frontier as top U.S. business partner
Frontier Communications Corp. has been recognized by Mitel Networks Corp. as its leading revenue-generating partner in the U.S., company officials said.
- Verizon Wireless activates cell sites in area
Verizon Wireless Inc. has activated one new cell site and three “small cells” in Rochester along with adding 4G XLTE technology to one additional cell site, officials said.
- Smart companies invest in content marketing to bring in sales
- Net neutrality matters
Net neutrality has been debated long enough. The FCC should act now.
- Majority supports net neutrality rules
Roughly three in five respondents to this week’s RBJ Snap Poll support the proposed FCC net neutrality rules.
- Carestream tries to recoup recall costs
- VirtualScopics makes changes to board of directors
VirtualScopics Inc. has announced two appointments to—and one departure from—its board of directors.
- Digital Rochester to launch seminar series for CEOs
Digital Rochester Inc. will launch its 2015 CEO/President Special Interest Group seminar series Thursday.
- RIT computing college dean to attend White House Summit
The dean of the B. Thomas Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences at Rochester Institute of Technology has been invited to attend the White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection at Stanford University in California.
- Frontier to buy Verizon wireline assets in 3 states for $10.5 billion
Frontier Communications Corp. plans to acquire Verizon Communications Inc.’s wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas in a $10.54 billion cash deal, the telecommunications firms announced Thursday.
- Harris to acquire Exelis in $4.75B deal; firms employ 3,250 here
Harris Corp. is acquiring Exelis Inc. in a $4.75 billion cash and stock deal expected to close in June. The companies are two of the region’s largest manufacturers.
- Tech appeal
- New IT platform holds key
- Leader has tech firm running fast
Ken Rosenfeld is CEO of eHealth Global Technologies, which has grown rapidly since he co-founded it in 2006
- Web Design Firms
- Internet Service Providers
- RIT gets grant to establish cybersecurity scholarship program
The National Science Foundation has awarded Rochester Institute of Technology a five-year, nearly $4 million grant that will make the university part of the foundation’s federal scholarship program.
- Document Security Systems prices its offering of common stock
Document Security Systems Inc. expects to raise some $1.49 million in gross proceeds from a public offering. The company on Tuesday set the pricing to the public for the stock at 45 cents a share. DSS is offering 3.3 million registered shares.
- Xerox to sell IT outsourcing business for $1.05B to French firm
Xerox Corp. on Thursday announced it has agreed to sell its information technology outsourcing business to Atos SE for $1.05 billion.