Technology & Telecom News
- Natcore to expand, add jobs at Eastman Business Park
Natcore Technology Inc. will add 27 jobs at its research and development facility at the Eastman Business Park as part of a $914,000 expansion, officials announced Friday.
- IT Support Firms
Information was provided by individual firms that responded to an email or paper survey.
- Toptica grows with focus on scientific fields
- Sky is the limit for new technology venture
- Photo-sharing sites can spur sales, firms find
- Vuzix obtains private placement financing
Vuzix Corp. on Monday said it has obtained $800,000 in private placement financing. CEO Paul Travers said the $800,000 will be used to develop Vuzix’s new M100 Smart Glasses, which are set to reach commercial markets this summer.
- Frontier extends, amends agreement with CEO
Frontier Communications Corp. has entered into an amended agreement with Maggie Wilderotter, its CEO and chairman.
- N.Y. to get $192,000 in Google settlement
Attorneys General of 38 states, including New York, and officials of Washington, D.C., have inked a settlement with Google Inc. over the firms past practice of pulling data off unsecured wireless networks.
- Computer Companies
A computer company is regarded as an organization that provides computer programs and services; ranked by hte number of local employees.
- Retrotech hires new CEO, gears up for growth
- VirtualScopics reports net loss as Q4 revenue falls
VirtualScopics Inc. closed 2012 with a net loss and drop in revenue for the fourth quarter. The medical image analysis company Tuesday reported a net loss available to common stockholders of $814,892, or 3 cents a share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31.
- Web Design Firms
Information was provided by individual Web design firms that responded to an email survey. The survey contacted firms in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- Internet Service Providers
Information was provided by internet service providers in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties taht responded to an email survey or from other sources. Ranked by number of area employees.
- Veteran salesman hits his pitch big on the Web
- Pictometry merges with Seattle-area firm; CEO Hurwitz to depart
Pictometry International Corp., one of the region’s fastest growing companies over the past decade, merged Monday with EagleView Technologies Inc., based in Bothell, Wash.
- Frontier CFO to step down; successor named
Donald Shassian, Frontier Communications Corp. executive vice president and chief financial officer, has resigned.
- IT firms combine to grow
- Natcore reaches solar cell milestone
Natcore Technology Inc.’s research and development center in Rochester has created the first black silicon solar cell for conversion to electricity, company officials announced Thursday.
- Telecommunications Equipment Providers
Information was provided by individual telecommunications equipment providers that responded to an email survey. The survey contacted telecommunications companies with offices in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties; ranked by number of local full-time employees.
- NATO nation orders RF Communications radios
Harris Corp.’s RF Communications division has received a $5.1 million order to supply its handheld radios to an unidentified NATO nation.