Technology & Telecom News
- iCardiac rolls out
iCardiac Technologies Inc. has launched QPoint, a platform that supports the growing need for electronic clinical outcome assessment services, known as eCOA, in drug development.
- Windstream moving forward with Earthlink merger
Arkansas-based Windstream Holdings Inc. has acquired the necessary regulatory approvals to move forward with its merger with Atlanta-based EarthLink Holdings Corp.
- Vuzix gets OK to ship its M300 Smart Glasses
Vuzix Corp. is certified to ship its M300 Smart Glasses to Europe, Canada, Australia, India and New Zealand as well as the U.S., the company announced Monday.
- Splyce inks deal with Delaware North
Splyce, an electronic sports franchise, has entered an agreement with Buffalo-based Delaware North Cos. Inc.
- Nominations sought for tech woman of the year
Nominations for Digital Rochester Inc.’s 2017 Technology Woman of the Year are being accepted, officials announced Thursday.
- Ultralife posts higher fourth-quarter net income, revenues
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday an increase in fourth-quarter sales and profit, due, in part, to a recent acquisition along with higher sales in its Communications Systems segment.
- Unisys to lay off 178 in Henrietta
Unisys Corp., a global information technology company, is closing its call center at 280 Kenneth Drive in Henrietta, officials reported Monday in a state filing.
- ROCHESTERCHAMBERtop100-Preparation and speed key to firm’s success
- Silicon Valley firm opens office here
Atypon Systems Inc., a Silicon-Valley publishing technology company, has opened an office in the High Falls business district, with plans to employ 40 people.
- Redcom Laboratories names new president
Victor-based Redcom Laboratories Inc. has a new president: Dinah Gueldenpfennig Weisberg. She replaces Sam Delibert, who has retired from his position as president and chief operating officer.
- NASA features Dimension Technologies' 3-D tech
Dimension Technologies Inc. has been featured in a NASA technical publication on Aviation and Air Transportation.
- Lawsuit targets Spectrum-Time Warner internet speeds
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman on Wednesday announced a lawsuit accusing Spectrum-Time Warner Cable of fraud over the company’s internet services’ claimed download speeds.
- Datto acquires Oregon-based networking firm
Datto Inc. has acquired Open Mesh Inc., a cloud-based networking firm, officials said Tuesday. Open Mesh has its headquarters in Oregon. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- Transcat shares climb on Q3 sales, earnings rise
Transcat Inc. reported record quarterly revenue of $37.8 million in the firm’s fiscal 2017 third quarter as well increased net income.
- Navitar acquires Canadian company
Navitar Inc. has acquired a Canadian digital industrial camera developer.
- ROCHESTERCHAMBERtop100-This company puts its efforts on display
- Datto plans to add 200 jobs in expansion at the Metropolitan
Datto Inc. plans to add 200 high-tech jobs to the local economy through a $2.1 million capital grant of the New York Upstate Revitalization Initiative, officials said Tuesday.
- CooperVision takes new path for its lens
- Important to know internet security’s terminology
- Casual approach to cybersecurity not advisable