Technology & Telecom News
- Info tech firm Just Solutions acquires AstraNetworks
- Number of ads on search engine result pages increases to four
Back on May 24, I sat at my desk and watched a live stream of the Google Performance Summit keynote presentation. The annual event provides a glimpse into changes the search giant will be rolling out for advertisers. I know what you’re thinking and you’re right: I am living the dream.
- Oneida County firm acquires assets of GreyCastle Security
Assured Information Security Inc., based in Rome, Oneida County, has acquired the assets of GreyCastle Security LLC in a stock and cash deal, officials announced Wednesday.
- Learning to innovate
- Telecommunications Equipment Providers
- Verizon to close Henrietta call center, relocating 645 jobs
Verizon Wireless on Wednesday announced it will close several call centers in the U.S., including the one on Calkins Road in Henrietta.
- Joe Bean Coffee Roasters founder selected for Yelp event
Joe Bean Coffee Roasters has been selected as one of 100 companies nationwide to participate in Yelp Corp.’s 2nd annual Coast-to-Coast forum aimed at educating and inspiring leaders, officials announced Monday.
- Tech CEO acquires 2nd firm
- D4 deal to drive growth
- Reddit co-founder sees amazing tech opportunity
- Rochester Chamber Top 100: Company keeps its focus on the future
- Taking flight
- LiDestri expands, rebrands
A couple of months into a new generation of family leadership, LiDestri Food and Drink has rebranded its business and expanded its reach, including partnering for the first time with another local business to sell craft whiskey across the United States.
- Making an impact with high-tech imaging
- T&T receives certification, inclusion in database
T&T Materials Inc. has received a special certification related to the aerospace industry and is also now listed in the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System, a searchable database that includes companies with the certification.
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for Seisenbacher Rail Interiors facility
Seisenbacher Rail Interiors Inc. received approval Tuesday for sales tax exemptions from the Monroe County Industrial Development Agency for a project that will bring its first United States-based manufacturing facility to Rochester.
- RIT launches MicroMasters program
Rochester Institute of Technology has announced the launch of a new category of master’s level online education.
- Lightower sees growth after acquisition
A year after completion of the $1.9 billion merger of Fibertech Networks LLC with Lightower Fiber Networks, one of Rochester’s largest telecommunications deals, the combined company is moving forward.
- First tech summit connects IT departments
- Photonics firms agree to settle a bitter dispute