Technology & Telecom News
- Uber goes far to satisfy frequent, frazzled business travelers
- Digital marketing achieves awareness, direct response
- Finalists announced for GREAT Awards
Digital Rochester Inc. has announced its 2016 finalists for the sixth annual Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievements in Technology Awards.
- Tech Startup Expo set for fall
The Tech Startup Expo, a two-day event connecting the area’s innovators or entrepreneurs, has opened registration, officials announced Friday.
- StadiumPark to launch app at California venue in September
StadiumPark—a startup firm that has created an app to simplify stadium and event parking for users—will launch at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey “Out of This World” event in September at the Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center in Bakersfield, Calif., officials said.
- Telecommunications Providers
- UR lands photonics grant
The University of Rochester has been awarded $2 million in federal funding through the National Science Foundation for photonics research.
- It's early, but virtual reality for the masses has great potential
- Rochester Top 100: IT firm prepares for continued steady growth
- Monro Muffler profit declines but tops expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported a slight increase in fiscal first-quarter sales, but a decline in net income.
- Software Developers
- RIT group headed for Silicon Valley
- Startups connect at event
- Perfectionism, or how to market a thing to death
- SiGNa Chemistry marks opening at Eastman Business Park
SiGNa Chemistry Inc. marked the grand opening of its chemical manufacturing plant and technical center at Eastman Business Park on Thursday, highlighting the company’s role in the growing high-technology manufacturing and energy industries here.
- Communications Systems receives $1.7 billion contract
Harris Corp.’s Communications Systems business in Rochester has received a contract for up to $1.7 billion from the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command to supply secure tactical communication products.
- Taylor to build new Cellular Sales store in Macedon
Cellular Sales of New York, the largest Verizon premium wireless retailer in the country, has awarded Empire Commercial Construction—a division of Taylor The Builders—the contract for a 3,000 square foot location in Macedon, officials said.
- Ortho Clinical inks deal with Beckman Coulter
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics and Beckman Coulter Inc. have signed a sales agreement, officials said Thursday.
- SEC bars ex-IEC Electronics VP, suspends former controller
The Securities and Exchange Commission has barred a former corporate vice president and suspended a former controller behind false accounting at IEC Electronics Corp., following an investigation.
- Excell Partners leads seed financing for Traverse Biosciences
Excell Partners was a leader in providing $500,000 in convertible debt financing to support operations and advance product development efforts for Traverse Biosciences, officials announced Wednesday.