Technology & Telecom News
- Eastman Business Park to get battery plant with $1.2M ESD grant
Empire State Development, the region’s economic development agency, is providing $1.2 million from the Upstate Revitalization Initiative toward a new manufacturing facility at the Eastman Business Park for the New York Battery and Energy Storage Technology Consortium Inc.
- Carestream wins patents in U.S., internationally
Carestream Health Inc. won 43 new U.S. patents and 52 additional patents in European and Asian countries in 2016, Carestream officials said Tuesday.
- Rochester ranks 23rd in U.S. for STEM workers
Rochester ranks among the top 25 metro areas nationwide for science, technology, engineering and math workers, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Cuomo announces $10 million photonics competition
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday announced the state will establish a $10 million, multiyear Photonics Venture Challenge in Rochester.
- Tech firm D4 expands here
- Don’t fall for spam that promises better search engine rankings
- Under attack: Big firms to small firms
- Ride-sharing services are needed in upstate cities
- Eastman Business Park facility selected for AIM testing site
New York State Photonics Board of Officers’ announced Wednesday that it has selected ON Semiconductor’s Eastman Business Park facility as the site for the American Institute for Manufacturing Photonics’ Testing, Assembly and Packaging facility, the only such facility in the United States.
- Creative avenues abound for financing your developing business
- Mindex marks partnerships with E.R. district
Mindex Technologies Inc. on Monday marked its 15-year partnership with East Rochester Union Free School District, officials said. The district was the first to use schooltool, the company’s web-based student management software.
- Medical technology spawns company
- Rochester firm expands to light the world
- Digital Rochester event to focus on electronic medical records
Digital Rochester plans a discussion titled “Reinventing the EMR Experience” this month at Irondequoit Country Club. Speakers will address challenges of implementing electronic medical records, officials said.
- CypherWorx partners with Google for digital marketing program
Fairport-based CypherWorx Inc. is partnering with Google Inc. as part of the Google Advantage Program, officials said.
- Students get close look at photonics and optics
- CurAegis completes studies for myCadian watch
CurAegis Technologies Inc. has completed validation studies for its myCadian watch, has added staff to accommodate sales opportunities and anticipates production early next year.
- Charter Communications to add 228 jobs in city, Henrietta
Charter Communications LLC, a broadband communications firm, will add 228 full-time jobs in Rochester and Henrietta, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.
- Perinton firm gets grant from national association
Perinton-based BullsEye Communications of Western NY has received a $4,000 2016 Growth Grant from the National Association for the Self-Employed, officials announced Monday.
- New cybersecurity regulations need clarification