Technology & Telecom News
- Mindex marks partnerships with E.R. district
Mindex Technologies Inc. on Monday marked its 15-year partnership with East Rochester Union Free School District, officials said. The district was the first to use schooltool, the company’s web-based student management software.
- Digital Rochester event to focus on electronic medical records
Digital Rochester plans a discussion titled “Reinventing the EMR Experience” this month at Irondequoit Country Club. Speakers will address challenges of implementing electronic medical records, officials said.
- CypherWorx partners with Google for digital marketing program
Fairport-based CypherWorx Inc. is partnering with Google Inc. as part of the Google Advantage Program, officials said.
- Students get close look at photonics and optics
- CurAegis completes studies for myCadian watch
CurAegis Technologies Inc. has completed validation studies for its myCadian watch, has added staff to accommodate sales opportunities and anticipates production early next year.
- Charter Communications to add 228 jobs in city, Henrietta
Charter Communications LLC, a broadband communications firm, will add 228 full-time jobs in Rochester and Henrietta, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday.
- Perinton firm gets grant from national association
Perinton-based BullsEye Communications of Western NY has received a $4,000 2016 Growth Grant from the National Association for the Self-Employed, officials announced Monday.
- New cybersecurity regulations need clarification
- VP Supply Corp. buys Maynards Electric Supply
- Anselm to lead RIT Center for Electronics Manufacturing
The Center for Electronics Manufacturing and Assembly at Rochester Institute of Technology has a new interim director in Martin Anselm, effective immediately, officials announced this week.
- Company makes first aid kits interactive
- Interactive cellphone apps propel company
- Search underway for site to serve as AIM hub here
- New York Photonics honors four for their contributions
- Frontier Communications posts 3Q loss, announces restructuring
Frontier Communications Corp. reported a net loss of $80 million in its third quarter, up from a net loss of $14 million during the same quarter a year ago. The Norwalk, Conn.-based company also announced plans to restructure the company after its acquisition of Verizon Wireline Operations in California, Texas and Florida markets on April 1.
- Software engineering Confirmations Prerequisites
- RIT School of Design gets No. 10 ranking
Rochester Institute of Technology’s School of Design in the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences has been ranked No. 10 among the 30 best design schools worldwide in a study by California-based Ranker Inc.
- RIT buys liquid metal 3D printing system
Rochester Institute of Technology has purchased its first liquid metal 3D printing system from Buffalo-based Vader Systems LLC, officials announced Tuesday.
- City site keeps firm on growth path
- Info tech firm Just Solutions acquires AstraNetworks