Technology & Telecom News
- Web Design Firms
- Internet Service Providers
- RIT gets grant to establish cybersecurity scholarship program
The National Science Foundation has awarded Rochester Institute of Technology a five-year, nearly $4 million grant that will make the university part of the foundation’s federal scholarship program.
- Document Security Systems prices its offering of common stock
Document Security Systems Inc. expects to raise some $1.49 million in gross proceeds from a public offering. The company on Tuesday set the pricing to the public for the stock at 45 cents a share. DSS is offering 3.3 million registered shares.
- Xerox to sell IT outsourcing business for $1.05B to French firm
Xerox Corp. on Thursday announced it has agreed to sell its information technology outsourcing business to Atos SE for $1.05 billion.
- HTR to locate its business accelerator in Sibley Building
Lt. Gov. Robert Duffy announced Monday that High Tech Rochester Inc.’s Business Cooperative Accelerator has a green light to locate in Rochester’s historic Sibley Building as part of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s commitment to creating high-tech jobs in Monroe County.
- Software giant SAP creates apps for Vuzix glasses
Vuzix Corp. announced SAP SE—an industry giant in backend enterprise, analytics and cloud system software—has released two applications for video eyewear company’s M100 Smart Glasses for enterprise markets.
- JML Optical acquires operating assets of California firm
JML Optical Industries LLC has acquired the operating assets of Harold Johnson Optical Laboratories Inc., the local firm said Tuesday.
- Telecommunications Equipment Providers
Ranked by number of local full-time employees.
- SUNY to install IP.com platform systemwide
The State University of New York has selected Perinton-based IP.com’s InnovationQ platform to be installed across the 64-campus system.
- Telecommunications Providers
Ranked by number of local employees.
- IEC net income, sales decline in third quarter
IEC Electronics Corp. on Tuesday reported a drop in third-quarter sales and profit.
- Kodak posts smaller Q2 loss
Eastman Kodak Co. on Tuesday reported a smaller second-quarter net loss even as sales declined.
- Software Developers
Ranked by number of local Software engineers and programmers.
- Trio of area IT companies make national list
Brite Computers, Finger Lakes Technologies Group Inc. and Synergy Global Solutions Inc. have been named to the 2014 Solution Provider 500 list by CRN, the media arm of the Channel Co.
- IT Support Firms
Ranked by number of local support engineers
- ON Semiconductor completes purchase of Truesense Imaging
ON Semiconductor Corp. has completed its acquisition of Truesense Imaging, a Rochester-based provider of high-performance image sensing devices, for some $95 million in cash.
- Ultralife reports operating loss in Q1 as sales fall
Ultralife Corp. reported Thursday a drop in first-quarter sales and an operating loss due in part to sluggish sales in its communications systems business.
- Q2 loss narrows, sales rise at IEC Electronics
IEC Electronics Corp. reported Thursday a smaller second-quarter loss as sales increased during the period.
- Digital Rochester to hold personal cloud event
Digital Rochester Inc. plans to hold a personal cloud event to delve into one of the industry’s top trends for 2014. With a personal cloud, users can access data from any device.