Technology & Telecom News
- Slaughter pushes to include $68M in budget for UR's laser lab
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, said Wednesday she is pushing the United States Congress to include $68 million in its annual budget for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics.
- City of Rochester, Monroe County unite to improve fiber ring
The city of Rochester and Monroe County are working together to find ways to study the current fiber optic system and make improvements to fiber connectivity throughout the county.
- Company inks deal for 3-D printer work
- FLTG expands network into Monroe County
- Kodak Alaris launches artificial intelligence business
Kodak Alaris Inc. has formed a new business dedicated to helping organizations process and learn from structured and unstructured data through the use of proprietary artificial intelligence technology.
- Fast Start: Creating the gig of his dreams
- Appetite for data fuels demand for innovative courses
- OLEDWorks completes acquisition of Royal Philips assets
Rochester-based OLEDWorks LLC has completed the acquisition of key organic light-emitting diode light source assets and intellectual property from Koninklijke Philips N.V., officials said Monday.
- Trustee gives $1 million for iZone at UR library
A $1 million gift to the University of Rochester River Campus Libraries will create a new technology-rich workspace designed to foster the development of young entrepreneurs, officials announced Monday.
- School opens all-ages lab for innovation
- Before you get down and dirty with your iPad case, look again
- E-discovery firm finds a growing global market
- Shares jump after Ultralife swings to profit in Q3
Ultralife Corp. reported a third-quarter profit and an increase in sales, driven partly by increased interest in new products.
- RIT to offer innovative combination degree
Rochester Institute of Technology is launching a bachelor’s degree program that is the first of its kind in the nation, officials said.
- Fibertech co-founder Purcell to headline event
John Purcell, co-founder and former CEO and chairman of Fibertech Networks LLC, is the keynote speaker at Upstate Venture Association of New York Inc.’s annual dinner next month.
- Study results show local dispenser helps patients
Study results released Wednesday by the faculty at St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Nursing could lead to a breakthrough in the care of those who forget to take their medication, officials said.
- 'Tech savvy' is your clue to marketing to millennials
- RBJ Daily
- Learning at work evolves with influx of digital media
- Digitronik gears up for its best year yet