Technology & Telecom News
- Taking flight
- T&T receives certification, inclusion in database
T&T Materials Inc. has received a special certification related to the aerospace industry and is also now listed in the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System, a searchable database that includes companies with the certification.
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for Seisenbacher Rail Interiors facility
Seisenbacher Rail Interiors Inc. received approval Tuesday for sales tax exemptions from the Monroe County Industrial Development Agency for a project that will bring its first United States-based manufacturing facility to Rochester.
- RIT launches MicroMasters program
Rochester Institute of Technology has announced the launch of a new category of master’s level online education.
- Lightower sees growth after acquisition
A year after completion of the $1.9 billion merger of Fibertech Networks LLC with Lightower Fiber Networks, one of Rochester’s largest telecommunications deals, the combined company is moving forward.
- First tech summit connects IT departments
- Photonics firms agree to settle a bitter dispute
- Technology brings a singular realism to renderings
- New neighborhood takes shape in center city
- RIT to break new ground with video game
Rochester Institute of Technology is breaking new ground in the video game industry with a project students produced at the RIT Center for Media, Arts, Games, Interaction and Creativity.
- Star trackers
- Some local companies are letting go of landlines
- Website aiming to fix high price of auto repairs
- Uber goes far to satisfy frequent, frazzled business travelers
- Digital marketing achieves awareness, direct response
- Finalists announced for GREAT Awards
Digital Rochester Inc. has announced its 2016 finalists for the sixth annual Greater Rochester Excellence and Achievements in Technology Awards.
- Tech Startup Expo set for fall
The Tech Startup Expo, a two-day event connecting the area’s innovators or entrepreneurs, has opened registration, officials announced Friday.
- StadiumPark to launch app at California venue in September
StadiumPark—a startup firm that has created an app to simplify stadium and event parking for users—will launch at the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey “Out of This World” event in September at the Rabobank Arena, Theater and Convention Center in Bakersfield, Calif., officials said.
- Telecommunications Providers
- UR lands photonics grant
The University of Rochester has been awarded $2 million in federal funding through the National Science Foundation for photonics research.