Technology & Telecom News
- Firm acquires Kodak business
A Chicago-based firm has acquired an Eastman Kodak Co. business, the companies announced Wednesday.
- Frontier Communications reports widening Q1 loss
Frontier Communications Corp. reported a net loss of $186 million or 16 cents a share in its first quarter, widening the gap from last year’s net loss of $51 million or 5 cents a share a year ago.
- Harris reports increase in Q3 profit, sales
Harris Corp. continues to benefit from its multibillion acquisition last year of Exelis Inc., reporting on Tuesday increases in its year-over-year third-quarter profit and sales.
- New platform measures employee engagement
- Strong leader connects here
Elena Kilpatrick serves as senior vice president and general manager of N.Y. operations for Frontier
- B&L parent Valeant names new CEO
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc. stock initially picked up steam Monday on news Bausch & Lomb Inc.’s parent has named a new CEO, but the shares later wavered.
- Improving website should be an ongoing process
- Bivona is gold winner in 2016 Best of the Web
- House bill includes $68 million for UR laser lab
Federal funding for the University of Rochester’s Laboratory for Laser Energetics in fiscal 2017 is moving forward, with $68 million for the lab included in the House of Representatives’ House Energy and Water Development Appropriations bill.
- Building with features that enhance employee wellness
- Black Button Distilling named a 'Next Great Consumer Brand'
Black Button Distilling will participate in the sixth annual Next Great Consumer Brands event, officials announced Thursday. The local grain-to-glass distillery has been named a “Next Great Consumer Brand.”
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center wins gold at RBJ Best of the Web
Bivona Child Advocacy Center won gold at the Rochester Business Journal’s 19th Best of the Web competition. A crowd of nearly over 300 business professionals attended the event Thursday at the Hyatt Regency Rochester. The event has been held since 1996.
- Hundreds participate in Best of Web contest
More than two decades have passed since the Rochester Business Journal held its first Best of the Web competition.
- Best of the Web Buzz Award finalists
- Three skilled honorees win in new categories
The Rochester Business Journal’s Best of the Web Awards has added three categories this year.
- Business Transformation Award finalists
- Opportunities abound for local tech workers
- Local telecoms at the ready with more bandwidth
- Rochester Top 100: Owners see happy employees as key at firm
- Event focused on preparing for cyber breach
Albany-based TAG Solutions LLC and local firm CloudSmartz Inc. on Thursday were holding an event aimed at helping corporations prepare and understand the details around a cyber breach. More than 30 businesses are expected to attend.