- AIMS center opens in Victor
An Adventures in Movement and Sensation Inc. center has opened in Victor, Ontario County.
- Pittsford hotel and spa wins major Marriott award
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa has been recognized as the 2016 Franchise Hotel of the Year Award for the Eastern Region by Marriott International Inc., officials announced Friday.
- Bills training camp kicks off July 30 at St. John Fisher
The Buffalo Bills will kick off their 17th annual training camp July 30 at St. John Fisher College, the team announced Thursday.
- Country club hits 100
- Cuomo visits Rochester brewery to unveil alcohol-related legislation
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced new legislation aimed at modernizing the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, detailing the changes during a visit to Rochester on Wednesday.
- Investors may move Batavia Muckdogs to Maryland, source says
The Batavia Muckdogs—a minor league baseball team owned and operated by the Rochester Red Wings—have interest from an investment group, according to industry resource ballparkdigest.com.
- Most readers oppose downtown casino
A new proposal has brought fresh attention to the topic of locating a casino in downtown Rochester—an idea first raised more than a decade ago. As before, the idea has both fans and foes.
- Sibley Building work to begin with closing on $71M of financing
The developers of the Sibley Building downtown said Tuesday afternoon they have closed on $71 million of financing that will kick off construction and redevelopment of nearly 500,000 square feet of the structure downtown.
- Eastman School to offer online program
The Eastman School of Music announced Monday a new online career and leadership certificate program available to musicians around the world.
- Changes ahead for facility
- Inductees announced for World Video Game Hall of Fame
The new class of inductees into the World Video Game Hall of Fame at the Strong was announced Thursday.
- Inn on the Lake adds to management team
The Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort and Conference Center has added three new managers to its team, officials said.
- Professional soccer team River Dogz plan home opener
The Rochester River Dogz FC, a professional soccer team founded last year, is preparing for its home opener vs. AFC Cleveland, officials said.
- Haunted History Trail scares up tourism
- Boat-shares offer options for enthusiast
- Snap Poll: Letchworth State Park tops list of favorite parks
When respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll were asked to pick their three favorite parks, Letchworth State Park was named more than any other.
- Flower City Comic Con expected to draw 2,000
A new convention is coming to Rochester and is expected to draw 2,000 attendees.
- Explore Greater Rochester: Accommodations
- Art center builds on innovative fundraiser
- Eastman associate dean accepts OSU post