- Blue Angels to kick off Rochester International Airshow
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will again appear at the Rochester International Airshow, which kicks off Friday evening with live music at the Greater Rochester International Airport. It will be the first time Rochester will feature a night airshow.
- Rhinos to play Greater Binghamton in US Open Cup match
On Wednesday, the Rochester Rhinos will play host to Greater Binghamton FC in the second round of the 2015 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup at 7:05 p.m. at Sahlen’s Stadium.
- Tickets still available for Douglas event
There are still tickets available to see Academy Award-winning actor Michael Douglas receive the George Eastman Award Thursday evening.
- DelMonte Hotel Group completes hotel renovations
The East Rochester-based DelMonte Hotel Group has completed renovations aimed at attracting younger clientele at its Binghamton Courtyard by Marriott.
- Downtown Rising event set for May 12
Rochester Downtown Development Corp.’s annual Downtown Rising luncheon is slated for May 12 at the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center.
- Professional Women of the Finger Lakes honor area women
The Professional Women of the Finger Lakes honored recipients of and nominees for the Women of Distinction Award at a dinner Wednesday at the Inn on the Lake in Canandaigua.
- The 75/45 gala
- 'A lot of hard work': Garth Fagan on 45 years
In 1970, Garth Fagan launched a dance company with untrained dancers--the first of many dauntless steps taken by the renowned choreographer over the last 45 years. See the full-length Q&A from today's print edition of the Rochester Business Journal.
- Black Button to launch Lilac Gin next week
Black Button Distilling plans to launch its limited edition Lilac Gin on May 1. The first grain-to-glass craft distillery in Rochester is launching the product as a tribute to city’s botanical heritage and the annual Rochester Lilac Festival.
- Renovations complete at hotel in Greece
The DelMonte Hotel Group announced Thursday the completion of major renovations to its Rochester Residence Inn West. The work involved 90 guest rooms and the lobby.
- Finalists announced for Young Women of Distinction Award
The Women’s Council, a Rochester Business Alliance affiliate, announced 20 finalists for its 16th annual Young Women of Distinction Award.
- Debut performance set for Lyric Theatre
The Rochester Lyric Opera Inc. is holding its first performance at the newly announced Lyric Theatre on Friday. The concert will be a benefit to help raise funds for the new venue, organizers said.
- Splyce eSports wins 2015 Rochester Venture Challenge
The winner of the 2015 Rochester Venture Challenge is Splyce eSports, a gaming company that builds websites to stream information for fans, game developers and event organizers.
- Rooney's again tops fine-dining picks
RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll respondents appear to really enjoy Rooney’s Restaurant. The Rochester eatery again this year ranks as readers’ favorite place for fine dining in the Rochester area.
- There's a New Kingpin in Town from New York
- MCC students honor victims of Holocaust
Monroe Community College students pay tribute to Holocaust victims as part of the college’s 25th annual Yom HaShoah Commemoration.
- Career panel set for Equal Pay Day
The Susan B. Anthony Center at the University of Rochester will hold a career panel Tuesday that will feature women with careers in community health, direct action and community organizing, journalism and media, and law and public policy.