- Hilton Garden Inn at College Town opens
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center opened at College Town Tuesday, the hotel chain said.
- Thank your employees, and help them thank others
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Farash Foundation donates $2M to Jewish Family Service
Jewish Family Service of Rochester Inc. received a $2 million gift from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, officials announced Wednesday.
- Ex-Amerk enters plea to gambling charges, to serve community service
A former Rochester Americans and Buffalo Sabres hockey player pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Rochester to gambling-related charges, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Paley piece makes debut
- Jazz festival kicks off Friday
The 14th edition of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival starts Friday and continues through June 27.
- Founding director Flaherty to retire from Writers & Books
For the first time in 35 years, Writers & Books Inc. will have someone other than Joe Flaherty at the helm.
- Fairport toy store to create Rochester-based game
Fairport-based My Favorite Toy Box LLC is creating a game called ROC-OPOLY, a Rochester-focused version of Monopoly, officials said.
- Bills season ticket sales hit record
Season ticket sales for the Buffalo Bills have reached more than 57,500, the highest total in the team’s 55-year history, team officials announced Monday.
- National honor bestowed on Eastman House collection
A collection at George Eastman House is in the national spotlight.
- Five area landmarks nominated for historic designations
Five area landmarks have been nominated to be added to the State and National Registers of Historic Places.
- RBJ 75: For the economy, what matters more than jobs?
- Jazz Fest fans can ride trolley to venues
Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival fans can take the trolley from one venue to another, at no cost, with a shuttle service sponsored by Harris Beach PLLC, organizers announced.
- Genesee Brewery's craft beer makes its way to retailers
Customer demand has prompted Genesee Brewery to sell its Genesee Brew House Pilot Batch series beers at Northeast retailers.
- Rochester ranks among the worst cities for summer travel
Rochester is an expensive place to vacation. The metro area ranked as the sixth worst city for summer travel, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Bills game marks NFL partnership with Yahoo
Yahoo Inc.’s partnership with the National Football League begins with an International Series game between the Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars in London on Oct.25.
- New hotels may put pressure on market initially
- Hospitality, tourism programs remain popular