- Hilton Garden Inn general manager named
Rochester’s newest downtown hotel has its general manager in place, with an October opening scheduled, officials said Monday.
- Director prepping for Rochester's LPGA finale
- North Shore project in Canandaigua gets $3M in state funding
The North Shore project in Canandaigua has been awarded $3 million in state funds, a move that allows Phase 1 of the $120 million development project to begin this year.
- Ellison Park Cyclocross Festival gets top status
The Ellison Park Cyclocross Festival has been elevated to the highest level of international cycling for October’s seventh annual event, officials announced this week.
- Hotels and Motels
Ranked by average single room rate.
- Upstate Resorts
Ranked by number of sleeping rooms.
- County seeks operator for public golf courses
Monroe County will assume maintenance responsibilities for its three municipal golf courses in 2015 and is seeking a vendor to provide those services, officials said Friday.
- Delta Air Lines to expand service from Rochester
Delta Air Lines Inc. will expand its service from Rochester to four locations, including two more round-trip flights to New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, as of April, officials said Friday.
- Wilmot unveils Finger Lakes casino plan
Developer Thomas Wilmot Sr. has taken the wraps off plans to build a Finger Lakes region casino.
- Air Force Thunderbirds to appear here in 2014
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will return to Rochester next summer after a year’s hiatus because of federal budget cuts, officials said Friday.
- Grant to help the Strong establish America at Play exhibit
The Strong has received $149,903 grant to aid in the transition of its second floor into an interactive exhibit called America at Play.
- A chance to 'shine on a world stage'
- Oak Hill in 'fantastic shape,' Woods says
One week after expressing concerns about the greens at Oak Hill Country Club, Tiger Woods on Tuesday declared "the golf course is in fantastic shape,” saying “it's going to be a great test." Woods, the world’s top-ranked golfer, fielded questions from the media during a half-hour news conference at Oak Hill.
- Jazz Fest picked as favorite summer event
Rochester offers a bounty of special events from May through September, and this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll asked readers to name their favorite. The plurality of respondents (by a wide margin) to this week's poll chose the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival.
- Hotels and Motels
Information was provided by individual lodging facilities in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Wyoming counties that responded to an email or fax survey and have a least 20 guest rooms.
- 2014 Wegmans LPGA Championship moving to Monroe
The 2014 Wegmans LPGA Championship will be played in August at Monroe Golf Club in Pittsford, officials said Thursday. The championship is slated for Aug. 14-17, 2014.
- Cultural Attractions
Paid Admissions were ranked by paid attendance.
- WXXI, Jazz Festival partner on national programs
WXXI TV and the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival have announced the four concerts at this year’s event that are to be produced into programming and distributed to Public Broadcasting Service stations nationwide.
- Hall of Famer gets kick out of front office post
- Maya Angelou visit to RIT canceled
Maya Angelou’s visit to Rochester Institute of Technology has been canceled after the renowned poet and author was hospitalized.