- 2 Vine marks its reopening in East End
2 Vine, previously known as Restaurant 2 Vine, has reopened after five weeks of renovation, officials announced Tuesday.
- M&T, REF collect instruments at Jazz Fest
During the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival, which opened Friday and runs through July 2, M&T Bank Corp. and Rochester Education Foundation will collect musical instruments to distribute to Rochester City School District students.
- Country Club opens its newly renovated facility
- Designation would boost the region
- Hotels and Motels
- Library kicks off next phase of Rundel building renovation
The public phase of a $1.4 million capital campaign to renovate and restore the Central Library of Rochester and Monroe County began Wednesday, the Friends & Foundation of the Rochester Public Library announced.
- Seneca Park Zoo gets a new addition
The Seneca Park Zoo is celebrating a birth and another milestone for its species survival program, officials said Tuesday.
- Future zoo
- Sterling Renaissance Festival marks 40th year
The Sterling Renaissance Festival begins July 2, marking its 40th anniversary with a new venue and several new performances, organizers announced.
- New media and technologies experts coming to RIT
Hundreds of experts in the field of new media and technologies are attending a conference this week held by the Center for Media, Arts, Games, Interaction and Creativity at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- $100 million first phase of Sibley Square project kicks off
Developers of the Sibley building, now called Sibley Square, held a groundbreaking event at the downtown site Monday. The $100 million first phase of the $200 million redevelopment project includes the construction of 96 apartments, retail, office space, senior living residences and a rehabilitation of the facade and windows.
- St. John Fisher to build $3.4 million chapel
St. John Fisher College plans to construct a new chapel. The Hermance Family Chapel of St. Basil the Great is slated to be built adjacent to Kearney Hall.
- Bristol Mountain to unveil Zipline Canopy Tour
Bristol Mountain is hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Aerial Adventures Zipline Canopy Tour on at 10 a.m. June 10.
- Rochester Real Beer Week kicks off Friday
Rochester’s 5th annual Rochester Real Beer Week runs Friday to June 19 at more than 50 sites across the area, including Canandaigua and Brockport.
- Wine educators group coming to the Finger Lakes region
The Society of Wine Educators brings one of its signature mini conferences to the Finger Lakes region on Thursday and Friday, Visit Rochester leaders have announced.
- Casino shoots to open Feb. 1
The $440 million del Lago Resort & Casino in Tyre, Seneca County, is on track to open Feb. 1, its leaders said this week. The first employees have been hired with plans to add more than 1,000 workers beginning by year-end.
- Two dozen contractors on the job
- Morgan sees casino as key for downtown
- AIMS center opens in Victor
An Adventures in Movement and Sensation Inc. center has opened in Victor, Ontario County.
- Meeting business growing: Tourism, hospitality has $1 billion impact