- Reflecting on some of my favorite traditions in sports
Rituals add to our enjoyment of games; here’s a look at some other sports traditions that resonate.
- Genesee Brew House to host festival, 5K race
The Genesee Brew House is playing host to “Tap It Forward Fest and 5K” on Aug. 30. The event will have live entertainment from Dave McGrath, Johnny Bauer and LoCash.
- Rochester ranks No. 6 on walkable midsize cities list
Rochester ranks among the most walkable midsize U.S. cities, according to a list from a national real estate brokerage.
- Entertainment district transforms, offers variety
- Snap Poll: Readers share book recommendations
The majority of readers—56 percent— of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll prefer non-fiction for summer reading. Of those, 15 percent prefer to spend their time on business-related nonfiction. The remaining 44 percent of respondents would rather get lost in fiction.
- New York ranks among best states for women's equality
New York State is among the best states for women’s equality, a new report from WalletHub shows.
- Bills to honor Van Miller in ceremony before tonight's game
The Buffalo Bills will honor Van Miller—the team’s longtime broadcaster—in a private ceremony at 5:45 p.m. today at the broadcast radio booth on the 50-yard line of Ralph Wilson Stadium.
- Backyard Burger & Rib fest to celebrate 10 days of blues
The Great American Backyard Burger & Rib Festival begins Aug. 21 at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- Finger Lakes tourism ranks fourth, but spending lags
- Economic impact of tourism in Monroe County tops $1 billion
For the first time in Monroe County, visitors contributed more than $1 billion to the economy in 2014, numbers released by the tourism division of the state Department of Economic Development showed Tuesday.
- Rochester welcomes largest convention of the year
The largest convention of the year arrived in Rochester on Monday, bringing an estimated $2.5 million economic boost to Monroe County, Visit Rochester officials said.
- Renovations complete at Victor Microtel
Perinton-based Indus Hospitality Group Inc. has completed a $1.3 million renovation of its 94-room Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.
- Study tackles outlook for an arts center
- His business is fun and games
CEO Jason Arena has grown video game developer Workinman Interactive to 45 employees
- The Record
- Bills training camp kicks off Friday at St. John Fisher
The 16th annual Buffalo Bills Training Camp starts with the first practice at 9 a.m. Friday at St. John Fisher College.
- Bills president Brandon named president of Sabres
Buffalo Bills president Russ Brandon is now president and alternate governor of the Buffalo Sabres, officials said Monday. He continues as managing partner and president of the Bills.
- Dinosaur BBQ partners with Bills, to be served at stadium
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is the Buffalo Bills’ official barbecue and barbecue sauce, officials said Wednesday.
- Wine & Culinary Center to share $1.25M in state funds
New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua and Genesee County Chamber of Commerce will share part of more than $1.25 million in state grant money designated to boost tourism.
- Genesee Country Village & Museum launches online tour
Fans of the Genesee Country Village & Museum no longer need to travel to the site to see the exhibits.