- Bills training camp kicks off Friday at St. John Fisher
The 16th annual Buffalo Bills Training Camp starts with the first practice at 9 a.m. Friday at St. John Fisher College.
- Bills president Brandon named president of Sabres
Buffalo Bills president Russ Brandon is now president and alternate governor of the Buffalo Sabres, officials said Monday. He continues as managing partner and president of the Bills.
- Dinosaur BBQ partners with Bills, to be served at stadium
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is the Buffalo Bills’ official barbecue and barbecue sauce, officials said Wednesday.
- Wine & Culinary Center to share $1.25M in state funds
New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua and Genesee County Chamber of Commerce will share part of more than $1.25 million in state grant money designated to boost tourism.
- Genesee Country Village & Museum launches online tour
Fans of the Genesee Country Village & Museum no longer need to travel to the site to see the exhibits.
- Boost predicted in women's pro soccer
Two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll predict the U.S. win will boost women’s professional soccer in this country.
- RIT announces first endowed coaching position
Rochester Institute of Technology on Tuesday announced the Bruce B. Bates Women’s Hockey Coach endowment, its first endowed coaching position for Tiger athletic programs.
- Warren seeks grant to renovate Cadillac Hotel into apartments
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren is asking City Council to endorse a $500,000 grant request to the state from Rochester Economic Development Corp. to help with a plan to renovate the Cadillac Hotel downtown into market rate apartments.
- Fast Start: On the canal
- Hilton Garden Inn at College Town opens
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/University & Medical Center opened at College Town Tuesday, the hotel chain said.
- Hotels and Motels
- Thank your employees, and help them thank others
- Wegmans donates $1.5 million to open exhibit at Smithsonian
“Wegmans Wonderplace” will open in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in December as the first exhibition directly geared for children ages 6 and younger, officials said.
- Farash Foundation donates $2M to Jewish Family Service
Jewish Family Service of Rochester Inc. received a $2 million gift from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, officials announced Wednesday.
- Ex-Amerk enters plea to gambling charges, to serve community service
A former Rochester Americans and Buffalo Sabres hockey player pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Rochester to gambling-related charges, federal prosecutors said Monday.
- Paley piece makes debut
- Jazz festival kicks off Friday
The 14th edition of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival starts Friday and continues through June 27.