- Snap Poll: Fantasy sports sites violate law, most say
Nearly two-thirds of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll say daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel violate New York law on gambling. More than half also say the state law should not be changed to define daily fantasy sports as legal games of skill.
- Strathallan acquires Century Club
The Strathallan, a DoubleTree by Hilton and Hilton HHonors Hotel, has acquired the Century Club of Rochester, the historic mansion on East Avenue, across from the hotel.
- Rochester's homeowners are among the most-content residents
Rochester-area homeowners are among the most content with where they live, a recent study from Porch.com Inc. and Redfin shows.
- UR, Nazareth recognized for bike friendly efforts
Nazareth College and the University of Rochester were recognized Monday with Bicycle Friendly University awards by the League of American Bicyclists.
- Anti-casino group files new lawsuit challenging project
Local residents opposed to Wimorite Inc.’s plans to build a casino in the Seneca County town of Tyre have thrown a new roadblock in the way of the $425 million Lago Resort & Casino project.
- Legacy Global Sports hires regional hockey manager
Portsmouth, N.H.-based Legacy Global Sports announced Monday it has hired Michael Muhs as its regional hockey manager. Muhs will operate out of the Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex, officials said.
- Hiring stays hot
- Rhinos' Lilley wins USL top coach honor
Rochester Rhinos’ coach Bob Lilley on Wednesday was named the 2015 USL Coach of the Year by the United Soccer League.
- Club passes go on sale for jazz fest
Club passes for the 2016 Xerox International Jazz Festival went on sale Friday.
- North Star guides good books downtown
- Finding a richer life through art, music, dance
- Disney CEO named to Toy Industry Hall of Fame
The chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Co. is the 2016 inductee to the Toy Industry Hall of Fame, housed at the Strong museum.
- Pitoniak honored by Professional Football Writers of America
Rochester Business Journal sports columnist Scott Pitoniak has earned first-place honors in the Professional Football Writers of America’s 2015 Dick Connor Writing Awards.
- Non-Profit Report: Rochester Regional Library Council
- Championing arts in the community
Former Kodak manager Janice Gouldthorpe leads the Genesee Center for the Arts & Education
- Artist Kentridge donates his works to George Eastman Museum
William Kentridge, an artist and South African activist, has donated his complete set of films, videos and digital works to the George Eastman Museum, officials said Thursday.
- Henrietta distributor partners with craft brewer
Shmaltz Brewing Co. is partnering with Henrietta-based distributor Lake Beverage Corp., officials said.
- Holiday Inn Rochester Downtown plans opening
Business travelers and other visitors to the area will have a new hotel option with the Holiday Inn Rochester Downtown grand opening Friday.
- Some thoughts on Yogi, Tyrod, the Pearl and Brady's bunch