- Craft brewer's event set for New York Wine & Culinary Center
The New York Wine & Culinary Center will hold its first New York State Craft Brewer’s Holiday Release event on Nov. 5 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- It's time to give Bills Coach Rex Ryan some praise
- Rochester praised for LGBT inclusion in public policy
The city of Rochester scored a perfect 100 in a survey that measured support for LGBT people and workers and their inclusion in public policy.
- Del Lago opens employment office to help fill 1,800 jobs
Del Lago Resort & Casino has opened a recruitment and employment office to help fill 1,800 positions. The employment office is in the Generations Bank building at 20 East Bayard St. in Seneca Falls, Seneca County.
- State Canal Conference kicks off
The 2016 New York State Canal Conference kicked off Thursday with a special tour of a new visitor center designed to show the importance of the Erie Canal to the state’s history and current economy.
- Fringe Festival tops attendance, ticket sales records
It was a record breaker. That’s the word from organizers of the 2016 First Niagara Rochester Fringe Festival.
- Officials mark opening of Eastman Gardens
Home Leasing LLC and New York State Homes and Community Renewal joined elected officials Wednesday to celebrate the opening of Eastman Gardens Senior Housing Community, a $20.7 million project in Rochester’s Marketview Heights neighborhood.
- JCC to mark completion of $15M project
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester Inc. is slated to celebrate the completion of its $15 million renovation and expansion project Friday.
- Success of Genesee Brewing shows Rochester's ingenuity
- A dozen finalists announced for the National Toy Hall of Fame
Pinball, Nerf, the Care Bears and bubble wrap are four of the finalists announced Tuesday by the Strong for induction into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- New campaign kicks off for Fashion Week
Fashion Week of Rochester 2016 has a new campaign as it prepares for its events next month, officials announced Monday.
- New walking path designed to improve heart health
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Monroe County and American Heart Association of Rochester have teamed up to unveil a walking path on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Quaker Pond Trail Loop in Mendon Ponds Park.
- Pair to open Fairport inn
- Kilbourn receives fresh look
- RPO to kick off new season with Carnevale!
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. kicks off its new season with Carnevale! The Venetian gala and fundraiser is slated to take place Sept. 14 at the Wintergarden at One Bausch and Lomb Place, officials announced Tuesday.
- Rhinos team up with Zweigle's
The Rochester Rhinos have partnered with Zweigle’s Inc. for the remainder of the 2016 season, officials announced Monday.
- Report: Travelers to Finger Lakes spent $2.9B in 2015
Tourism in the Finger Lakes accounted for more than 6 percent of all employment in the region last year, a report released Wednesday states. Some 59,000 jobs were generated in the region last year through tourism.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- QB Taylor signs contract extension with Buffalo Bills
The Buffalo Bills on Friday announced quarterback Tyrod Taylor has a signed contract extension with the team. The Bills currently are conducting their annual training camp at St. John Fisher College.