- Wilmorite's proposed casino awards $31 million in contracts
The $425 million Lago Resort & Casino, proposed to be built in Tyre, Seneca County, has awarded $31 million in contracts.
- Geva launches $10 million capital campaign
Geva Theatre Center on Thursday announced a $10 million capital campaign to grow its endowment and complete the extensive renovation of its nearly 50,000-square-foot facility.
- Baseball tournament for blind to be played in Hilton
The 2015 World Series of Beep Baseball will be played in the Rochester area this summer, the National Beep Baseball Association announced Monday. Beep baseball is for players who are blind or visually impaired.
- Geneva plays host to annual state canal conference
The 15th New York State Canal Conference begins Sunday in Geneva, Ontario County. The three-day conference includes presentations of significance to canal communities, tourism professionals and others involved in promoting the state’s canal system.
- Fair attendance up 13 percent in 2014
The New York State Fair drew 965,147 visitors this year, with two single-day attendance records fueled by its first Dollar Day promotion on Labor Day and a renewed focus on state agriculture, officials said Tuesday.
- Hilton Garden Inn general manager named
Rochester’s newest downtown hotel has its general manager in place, with an October opening scheduled, officials said Monday.
- Director prepping for Rochester's LPGA finale
- North Shore project in Canandaigua gets $3M in state funding
The North Shore project in Canandaigua has been awarded $3 million in state funds, a move that allows Phase 1 of the $120 million development project to begin this year.
- Ellison Park Cyclocross Festival gets top status
The Ellison Park Cyclocross Festival has been elevated to the highest level of international cycling for October’s seventh annual event, officials announced this week.
- Hotels and Motels
Ranked by average single room rate.
- Upstate Resorts
Ranked by number of sleeping rooms.
- County seeks operator for public golf courses
Monroe County will assume maintenance responsibilities for its three municipal golf courses in 2015 and is seeking a vendor to provide those services, officials said Friday.
- Delta Air Lines to expand service from Rochester
Delta Air Lines Inc. will expand its service from Rochester to four locations, including two more round-trip flights to New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, as of April, officials said Friday.
- Wilmot unveils Finger Lakes casino plan
Developer Thomas Wilmot Sr. has taken the wraps off plans to build a Finger Lakes region casino.
- Air Force Thunderbirds to appear here in 2014
The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will return to Rochester next summer after a year’s hiatus because of federal budget cuts, officials said Friday.
- Grant to help the Strong establish America at Play exhibit
The Strong has received $149,903 grant to aid in the transition of its second floor into an interactive exhibit called America at Play.
- A chance to 'shine on a world stage'
- Oak Hill in 'fantastic shape,' Woods says
One week after expressing concerns about the greens at Oak Hill Country Club, Tiger Woods on Tuesday declared "the golf course is in fantastic shape,” saying “it's going to be a great test." Woods, the world’s top-ranked golfer, fielded questions from the media during a half-hour news conference at Oak Hill.
- Jazz Fest picked as favorite summer event
Rochester offers a bounty of special events from May through September, and this week's RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll asked readers to name their favorite. The plurality of respondents (by a wide margin) to this week's poll chose the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival.
- Hotels and Motels
Information was provided by individual lodging facilities in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne and Wyoming counties that responded to an email or fax survey and have a least 20 guest rooms.