- Canal designated as a National Historic Landmark
The New York State Canal System, which includes the Erie Canal in Rochester, was designated a National Historic Landmark by the National Parks Service on Jan. 11.
- Rochester Rattlers to play 2017 season at Rhinos Stadium
The Rochester Rattlers of Major League Lacrosse will play 2017 season home games at the Rhinos Stadium, officials announced Thursday.
- Final headliner acts for jazz festival announced
The remaining headliner acts for the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival were announced Tuesday. The acts include the United Kingdom rock group King Crimson and British soul singer Joss Stone (at right). All performances are scheduled to take place at 8 p.m. in Kodak Theatre during the nine-day festival, June 23 to July 1.
- The Inn on Church opens in Fairport
The Inn on Church, located in Fairport in the historic Newman-Dean House, has opened after a year of renovations, officials said Thursday.
- RPO tops $500,000 in community challenge
The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Inc. on Tuesday said it raised twice its goal in a recent call to the community.
- Report: Western New York Flash sold, to move to N. Carolina
The Western New York Flash Women’s soccer team will be sold and moved to North Carolina, according to The Equalizer, a professional soccer news outlet.
- Two sports events to draw visitors next week
Two sports events are set to draw nearly 5,000 athletes and out-of-town visitors to the Rochester area next week.
- Museum lands $487K grant for restoration
The windows at the George Eastman Museum are getting a major upgrade through a $486,881 grant announced Wednesday.
- Travelers with special needs have a friend
- Trezise moves to national wine industry post
- Vanpool program for del Lago employees set
Del Lago Resort & Casino in Tyre, Seneca County, is partnering with the city of Rochester and vRide Inc. to offer a vanpool program to employees who need rides for work to and from the soon-to-open venue.
- Women's Hall of Fame honors Rochesterians
Three Rochester women have received the 2016 National Women’s Hall of Fame Keepers of the Flame Award.
- Tourism survey to guide future efforts
The Finger Lakes Region Tourism Council on Tuesday released the findings of a destination market analysis for the Finger Lakes vacation region. The findings could help drive more tourism in the region.
- Comedian to perform at RIT FreezeFest
Comedian T.J. Miller will perform during FreezeFest at Rochester Institute of Technology in February.
- Rochester Chamber Top 100: Diversified product line powers expansion
- Crow, Staples first headline acts for Jazz Festival
The first headline acts for the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival were announced Tuesday. Grammy winner Sheryl Crow and gospel rhythm and blues icon Mavis Staples are slated to perform during the nine-day music festival set for June 23 to July 1.
- New film captures tenacity of female golfing pioneers
- National Women's Hall of Fame to honor 3 Rochester women
The National Women’s Hall of Fame is to honor a trio of Rochester women at a “Keeper of the Flame” ceremony and reception next month.
- Attorney general files lawsuit against Rochester travel agent
Rochester travel agent Constance Catanise and her agency, Escapes Inc., are the subject of a lawsuit filed by the state attorney general alleging she violated an agreement that required her to pay restitution to customers and cease work as a travel agent.
- Driver-Start.com- Boost Your Confidence Level Through DMV Practice Test