- Mellencamp to perform at Eastman Theatre in April
Grammy Award winner John Mellencamp is coming to Rochester to perform at Eastman Theatre. The Eastman School of Music announced Friday the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer will appear at Kodak Hall at 7:30 p.m. April 22.
- Eastman Museum launches exhibition through Google institute
In celebration of Black History month, the George Eastman Museum has launched an exhibition through the Google Cultural Institute that gives access to the Rochester collection to viewers around the world.
- Richard Dreyfuss to speak at East House Celebration
Academy Award-winning actor Richard Dreyfuss, who portrays Bernie Madoff in the TV miniseries “Madoff,” is coming to Rochester for a special benefit.
- Bakery to launch area's first pastry food truck
Sweet Sammie Jane’s LLC—a bakeshop and catering business on Park Avenue—will open Rochester’s first dessert food truck in the coming weeks, officials said.
- Morgan, Christa close on Hyatt purchase
Local developers Morgan Management LLC and Christa Cos. have closed on the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown in a $16 million deal.
- Wegmans adds stone mill in Pittsford store
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has added a new stone mill in its Pittsford location’s bakery. Officials believe it is the first mill inside a grocery retailer in the country.
- Morgan and Christa to buy Hyatt in $16 million deal
Local developers Morgan Management LLC and Christa Cos. are buying the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown in a $16 million deal.
- Defending champion Rhinos kick off regular season April 24
The defending champion Rochester Rhinos kick off their 2016 regular season on April24.
- Performing arts center to hold grand opening
The Gearan Center for the Performing Arts holds its grand opening this weekend at Hobart and William Smith Colleges in Geneva, Ontario County.
- Trio of courses for sale: Firm seeks to sell its eastside golf facilities
- Kodak gives preliminary update for 2015 results
Eastman Kodak Co. on Wednesday issued a preliminary update on its 2015 financial results.
- Seneca Park Zoo Society reports 15% boost in funding for 2015
The Seneca Park Zoo Society announced Wednesday a nearly 15 percent increase in 2015 in funding for its international conservation efforts.
- Wegmans plans to open store in North Carolina
Wegmans Food Markets Inc. has signed a letter of intent to expand its reach to North Carolina, officials said.
- New leadership set for Garth Fagan Dance
There is a change in leadership at Garth Fagan Dance and the new team is slated to be introduced Wednesday.
- National Urban League leader to deliver MLK Jr. address at UR
Marc Morial, president of the National Urban League and former mayor of New Orleans, will deliver the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Address at the University of Rochester, officials announced Monday.
- Cooks buy Bristol Harbour
The developers of the proposed Everwilde Inn & Spa on Friday purchased the assets of nearby Bristol Harbour Resort, which will be operated under Bristol Harbour Resort Management LLC.
- Lago Resort & Casino rolls for a fast start
- Owning a second home as a winter escape: Is it for you?
- Grant funds effort to grow international tourism for region
- Ballet leaders plan new moves for 2016
Organization sees new creative direction and strong financial footing