- Auto Dealers
Ranked by number of vehicles sold retail in 2013.
- New vehicle sales climb in May
Sales of new vehicles in Monroe County rose in May, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Harsh weather slams profit in Q1 at Genesee & Wyoming
Adverse weather had a heavy impact on Genesee & Wyoming Inc. as the company’s net income and earnings per share toppled in the first quarter.
- Sales of new cars sink in January
Sales of new vehicles in Monroe County dropped in January, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Retail gasoline prices up this week in region
Retail gasoline prices have averaged $3.66 a gallon in the past week, rising a total of 8 cents, GasBuddy Organization Inc.’s survey of 319 Rochester gas outlets found.
- Delta Air Lines to expand service from Rochester
Delta Air Lines Inc. will expand its service from Rochester to four locations, including two more round-trip flights to New York City’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, as of April, officials said Friday.
- Vehicle sales in Monroe County climb in October
Sales of new and used vehicles improved in October, with a 20 percent increase in new-car sales from a year ago, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Vehicle sales continue to top 2012 numbers
New- and used-car sales in Monroe County continue to surpass 2012 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Monro Muffler falls shy of quarterly estimates
Despite an increase in first-quarter sales, Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday missed Street estimates for earnings and revenue.
- Auto Dealers
Information was provided by individual new-car dealerships that responded to an email and fax survey. The survey area was Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties.
- New car sales up in March; used-car sales drop
New-car sales in Monroe County improved last month, while used-car sales fell from last year, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Monro Muffler misses earnings expectations for quarter
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. reported an increase in sales for the third quarter but fell short of Street earnings estimates, a result of consumers delaying purchases and spending less on maintenance and repair.
- Area car sales for 2012 at decade-high level
New and used vehicle sales in Monroe County last year eclipsed 2011 numbers and reached their highest point in the last decade, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Genesee & Wyoming details post-acquisition job cuts
Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s acquisition of RailAmerica Inc. is complete. The $1.4 billion deal combines the two largest short-line railroad companies in North America.
- Company leader serving up rapid growth
- AirTran in Rochester to convert to Southwest in April
AirTran Airways operations at Greater Rochester International Airport will be converted to Southwest Airlines in April, officials announced Thursday.
- GM to shut down fuel-cell research facility in Honeoye Falls
General Motors Co. plans to move its fuel-cell research operation from Honeoye Falls to Pontiac, Mich., the company told employees Friday. The majority of the 220 people who work at the hydrogen fuel-cell facility will be offered jobs in GM’s global powertrain engineering headquarters in Michigan.
- RTS Transit Center receives final OKs; excavation to start Monday
Final approvals were granted Thursday for a $50 million transit center on Mortimer Street. Excavation work is to begin Monday. The new facility will allow outdoor stops along Main Street, St. Paul Street and Clinton Avenue to be consolidated at one indoor location.
- Trade magazine honors Auction Direct
Auction Direct USA LLC has been named the top independent used-vehicle retailer of the year by Auto Dealer Monthly Magazine.
- Auto Dealers
Information was provided by individual new-car dealerships that responded to an e-mail and fax survey. The survey area was Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans and Wayne counties; ranked by number of vehicles sold retail in 2011.