- Mitchell Road bridge closing for repairs Friday
The Mitchell Road bridge over the Erie Canal in Pittsford is closing for repairs Friday afternoon, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- Downtown transit center lauded as project of year
The Regional Transit Services downtown transit center in Rochester was recently named a 2016 Public Works Project of the Year by the American Public Works Association.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- New-car sales in Monroe County decline in July
New-car sales in Monroe County dropped in July, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Airport to get $1.9M for new facility
Greater Rochester International Airport is slated to receive a $1.9 million grant to build a deicing facility.
- Area's first compressed natural gas station opens
American Natural Gas LLC has opened a public compressed natural gas station in Gates, the Saratoga Springs-based distributor of alternative motor fuels announced this week.
- Buffalo group buys Mazda of West Ridge
Buffalo-based Transitowne Automotive Group has purchased Mazda of West Ridge Inc. for an undisclosed sum. Transitowne has six locations in the Buffalo area.
- Genesee & Wyoming tops expectations for second quarter
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on Monday reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter, beating Street estimates.
- Rochester ranks in top third for fewest vehicle thefts
Rochester ranks among the top third of the nation’s 380 metro areas for its vehicle thefts, a report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau shows. Because the rankings are based on the number of thefts per 100,000 residents, the higher the rank number, the safer the metro area.
- Car show to benefit Arc of Monroe, Golisano Children's Hospital
Nearly 100 classic, muscle and performance cars will be on display in Henrietta this weekend to raise money for two local charities.
- Rochester Top 100: Expansion has firm’s future looking good
- Monro Muffler Brake CEO's total pay jumps 30 percent in 2015
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. CEO John Van Heel’s total compensation topped $1 million in 2015, a 30 percent increase from 2014, a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission states.
- Auto Dealers
- Auction Direct USA's CEO receives industry honor
Auction Direct USA CEO Todd Hoagey has been named the inaugural recipient of the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association’s CPO Dealer of the Year Award.
- Ford dealers give vehicle to BOCES 2 for auto tech program
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Career and Technical Education will receive a 2013 Ford Fusion and related technical and computer support as part of an annual program from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers.
- Finger Lakes region to receive $1.7M in rail grants
The Finger Lakes region will receive nearly $1.7 million in grants for rail infrastructure improvements, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday.
- For ridesharing customers, reaching a destination is all in the app
- Divided over Uber: Taxi industry, others debate proposals for upstate rides
Melkie Demissie pays $4,200 a year for car insurance. It is not that he is a bad driver. But that is what taxi drivers in Rochester pay for car insurance.
- Haven for bikers, and others, opens in Macedon
- Gas prices at lowest mark in a decade at summer-driving start
Gas prices continued to climb through the Memorial Day weekend, but both locally and nationally the price at the pump starting the summer driving season was the lowest in more than a decade.