- Work to begin Tuesday on Inner Loop bridge
Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday on the $5.9 million project to rehabilitate the bridge that carries the Inner Loop over the Genesee River and Brown’s Raceway.
- Atlantic Avenue fixture gets new ownership
- Monro posts record profit, misses expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record fourth-quarter net income, but missed Street estimates.
- Blue Angels to kick off Rochester International Airshow
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will again appear at the Rochester International Airshow, which kicks off Friday evening with live music at the Greater Rochester International Airport. It will be the first time Rochester will feature a night airshow.
- RGRTA to look at vanpooling
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is inviting commuters, employers and residents to participate in a study that looks at their transportation use, particularly vanpooling.
- Monroe County car sales slump in April
New-car sales in Monroe County dipped from March to April, bucking the historical trend, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Auction Direct honored for outstanding service
Auction Direct USA has been recognized by the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association as the 2015 New York State Independent Quality Dealer of the Year.
- Gas prices rise again in Rochester area
Gasoline prices in the Rochester area continue to rise and remain stubbornly above national averages, a weekly survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- RGRTA to stop busing students to city schools, cut 144 jobs
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority will no longer bus students to and from Rochester City schools when its contract expires in June, resulting in the elimination of 144 jobs.
- RGRTA to hold public session on upcoming plans
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority plans to hold a public information session on Monday to discuss upcoming plans for RGRTA.
- New car sales up in March, flat for Q1
New-car sales in Monroe County continue to keep pace with 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Mayor calls for halt of downtown student bus transfers
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren is calling on the Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority and Rochester City School District to stop transferring students in downtown Rochester, following violent incidences at the transit center.
- Officials urge investments in infrastructure
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority joined Genesee Transportation Council and local leaders to participate in the American Public Transportation Association’s nationwide Stand Up 4 Transportation Day on Thursday.
- Alstom to hire 75 at Rochester facility
Alstom Transportation Inc. plans to hire 75 staffers at its Rochester facility this year as a result of federal investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Area car sales down from same time last year
New-car sales in Monroe County fell slightly from year-ago numbers, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- State audit criticizes RGRTA salary bonuses
An audit by state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has found top executives at Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority collected 57 percent of the organization’s salary bonuses over a three-year period because the authority rewarded collective achievements instead of individual efforts.
- January new-car sales up over prior year
New-car sales in Monroe County last month outpaced January 2014 sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Gas prices here down 32 percent from a year ago
Gas prices in the Rochester area have not budged much in the last three weeks, but they remain far below the average price a year ago, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- His turn at the wheel
With RGRTA since 1999, Miguel Velazquez recently was promoted to COO
- Teamwork is his road to success