- Funding available for fleet upgrades
The Federal Highway Administration has made up to $1 million available for area communities to make their vehicle fleets more environmentally sound, Genesee Region Clean Communities Inc. announced.
- Warm weather dampens Q3 sales, profit for Monro Muffler Brake
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Tuesday reported increased sales for the third quarter but missed Street estimates for earnings and revenues.
- Auto repair shop owner must repay $4M, serve 12 months
An owner of a Brockport auto repair shop who was convicted in a scheme to collect more than $4 million worth of phony bills from Xerox Corp. has been ordered to repay $4.1 million.
- Maggie Brooks to take new post at RGRTA
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority on Wednesday announced Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks will become the transit organization’s vice president of strategic initiatives.
- Leonard's Express acquires assets of N.C. company
Family-owned Leonard’s Express Inc. has purchased some assets of West Coast Distribution, a North Carolina company.
- Odenbach Shipbuilding remembered with new marker
The town of Greece on Monday unveiled a historic marker for the former site of a company that employed more than 1,500 people to build tankers and barges during World War II.
- Garber Automotive invests in solar energy
Garber Automotive of NY has invested more than $605,000 in solar energy at its facilities in Henrietta.
- Slaughter seeks $2.32 million for Rochester port maintenance
Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-Perinton, is seeking congressional support for the Port of Rochester in a government operations bill.
- Congress restores additional transportation funding for N.Y.
The joint House and Senate Transportation Conference Committee has agreed to restore funding to the 5340 High Density States program in the final transportation bill set to be voted on this week.
- Price of deception
- Car sales rise 9 percent in October
New-car sales in Monroe County in October showed a marked improvement from sales in October 2014, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Taking the airport to new heights
Navy veteran Michael Giardino is director of the Greater Rochester International Airport
- Transit milestone
- Dealer sues IDA over road
- G&W tops expectations despite difficult headwinds
Weakness in commodity groups, foreign currency depreciation and a weak economic environment had a considerable impact on Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s third-quarter earnings, the company reported Friday.
- Uber visits region to rev up support for its service
Uber representatives were in Rochester on Wednesday to tout the ridesharing phenomenon and encourage business leaders and government officials to support legislation that would bring the company to this region.
- Genesee Valley Motors teams up with BBB Foundation
Genesee Valley Motors is teaming up with Better Business Bureau Foundation of Upstate New York to help consumers buy cars.
- New-car sales in September improve from a year ago
New-car sales showed improvement last month from year-ago sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- New-car sales down 2 percent in August
New-car sales fell in August from a year ago, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.