- New-car sales rev up in February
New-car sales in Monroe County rebounded last month, outpacing both January sales and last year’s sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Gas prices here roughly unchanged from last weekDrivers in Rochester continue to pay more at the gas pump than drivers elsewhere around the country.
- Wilkins RV acquires Ballantyne RV
Wilkins Recreational Vehicles Inc. has purchased Ballantyne RV and Marine’s Victor and Cicero, Onondaga County, facilities for an undisclosed sum. Ballantyne’s locations have been closed while Wilkins RV awaited licensing from the state, but will reopen later this week with a temporary permit, Wilkins RV owner Brian Wilkins said.
- Transit advocates push for state funding
Transit advocates and lawmakers on Friday called on Gov. Andrew Cuomo to partner with the local state delegation to provide additional funding for public transportation in Rochester and the Finger Lakes region.
- Reconnect Rochester to host screening at the Little
Reconnect Rochester will host a screening of short films about moving around Rochester March 15.
- 32nd annual auto show to run March 2-5
The 32nd annual Greater Rochester International Auto Show will roll into town this week, featuring models from each of the dozens of manufacturers offered in the Rochester region.
- Taxi drivers battle ridesharing services
Rochester area taxi drivers spoke out against ridesharing deregulation last Friday, two weeks after the state Senate passed legislation allowing ride-hailing services to operate in Upstate New York.
- RIT, Markin Tubing team up on project
Rochester Institute of Technology’s Center of Excellence in Advanced & Sustainable Manufacturing is teaming up with Wyoming County-based Markin Tubing to better service the automotive industry, officials said.
- Area taxi drivers argue against ridesharing
Rochester-area taxi drivers spoke out against ridesharing deregulation Friday, two weeks after the state Senate passed legislation allowing ride-hailing services to operate in Upstate New York.
- New-car sales jump in January
New-car sales in Monroe County were brisk last month, topping year-ago sales by more than 8 percent, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Rochester drivers don't overspend, report shows
Rochester drivers are pretty good at taking advantage of low interest rates, and appear to know how to balance the amount of their car loans with their income.
- Upstate New York deserves ridesharing too
Rochester is a vibrant and growing community worthy of ridesharing.
- G&W Inc. exceeds fourth quarter estimates
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on Wednesday reported fourth quarter earnings and income that beat Street estimates.
- Monro sales, earnings beat Street in Q3
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. reported record third-quarter sales and earnings on Wednesday, beating Street estimates.
- Report: Inner Loop among nation's worst urban highways
Rochester’s Inner Loop is one of America’s worst urban highways, according to a new report from the Congress for the New Urbanism. Freeways in Syracuse and Buffalo also were cited.
- Car sales were hot in ’16
- Chamber outlines top areas for action in 2017
- New ideas fuel Chili firm’s road to growth
- Bike-share program seeks community support
A new mode of public transportation could be available here this spring, as Reconnect Rochester works with the city of Rochester and Zagster Inc. to bring bike-sharing to downtown.
- Gas prices climbed in Rochester over the weekend
Rochester partygoers paid more at the gas pump last weekend than they did New Year’s Eve a year ago.