- Rochester Top 100: Close attention to customers' needs pays off
- Monro misses Q1 expectations, to acquire 31 stores
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported strong fiscal first-quarter financial results, but narrowly missed Street estimates.
- New-car sales in June rise 10 percent over last year
New-car sales in Monroe County fell from May to June but improved over 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Dallas firm proposes its services to bus RSCD students
A Dallas-based busing company is proposing that the Rochester City School District use its services when school resumes in the fall.
- Auto Dealers
- Gas prices rise here heading into July 4 holiday
Despite a steady rise in gas prices locally, experts predict record-high visitors to state and national parks heading into the Independence Day weekend.
- RGRTA to increase public transit in busy area
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is increasing public transit in one of its busiest areas and is inviting the community to an information session to discuss the changes on Wednesday.
- Hamlin bridge begins $1.1 million rehabilitation
A $1.1 million construction project is underway to rehabilitate the Route 19 bridge in Hamlin, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- Allegiant Air to offer nonstop service to Fort Lauderdale
Allegiant Travel Co. will begin offering nonstop air service from Rochester to Fort Lauderdale in October, the company announced Tuesday.
- Reconnect Rochester gears up for ROC Transit Day
Public transit and environmental enthusiasts are gearing up for a day without cars this week.
- New-car sales in May trail 2014 level
New-car sales in Monroe County improved from April to May, but continued to dip from last year’s sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Jazz Fest fans can ride trolley to venues
Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival fans can take the trolley from one venue to another, at no cost, with a shuttle service sponsored by Harris Beach PLLC, organizers announced.
- Work to begin Tuesday on Inner Loop bridge
Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday on the $5.9 million project to rehabilitate the bridge that carries the Inner Loop over the Genesee River and Brown’s Raceway.
- Atlantic Avenue fixture gets new ownership
- Monro posts record profit, misses expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record fourth-quarter net income, but missed Street estimates.
- Blue Angels to kick off Rochester International Airshow
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will again appear at the Rochester International Airshow, which kicks off Friday evening with live music at the Greater Rochester International Airport. It will be the first time Rochester will feature a night airshow.
- RGRTA to look at vanpooling
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is inviting commuters, employers and residents to participate in a study that looks at their transportation use, particularly vanpooling.
- Monroe County car sales slump in April
New-car sales in Monroe County dipped from March to April, bucking the historical trend, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Auction Direct honored for outstanding service
Auction Direct USA has been recognized by the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association as the 2015 New York State Independent Quality Dealer of the Year.
- Gas prices rise again in Rochester area
Gasoline prices in the Rochester area continue to rise and remain stubbornly above national averages, a weekly survey from GasBuddy.com shows.