- Car sales rise 9 percent in October
New-car sales in Monroe County in October showed a marked improvement from sales in October 2014, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Taking the airport to new heights
Navy veteran Michael Giardino is director of the Greater Rochester International Airport
- Transit milestone
- Dealer sues IDA over road
- G&W tops expectations despite difficult headwinds
Weakness in commodity groups, foreign currency depreciation and a weak economic environment had a considerable impact on Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s third-quarter earnings, the company reported Friday.
- Uber visits region to rev up support for its service
Uber representatives were in Rochester on Wednesday to tout the ridesharing phenomenon and encourage business leaders and government officials to support legislation that would bring the company to this region.
- Genesee Valley Motors teams up with BBB Foundation
Genesee Valley Motors is teaming up with Better Business Bureau Foundation of Upstate New York to help consumers buy cars.
- New-car sales in September improve from a year ago
New-car sales showed improvement last month from year-ago sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- New-car sales down 2 percent in August
New-car sales fell in August from a year ago, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.
- Report shows commuters here waste 39 hours a year
Rochesterians spend 39 hours a year sitting in traffic and waste 20 gallons of gas doing it, a new report from Texas A&M Transportation Institute and INRIX Inc. shows.
- Snap Poll: Rochester airport gets fair grades
Nearly 90 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll frequently use Greater Rochester International Airport for business travel and the plurality gave the airport a fair grade for airfare costs and number of daily flights to destinations of choice.
- Rochester ranks No. 6 on walkable midsize cities list
Rochester ranks among the most walkable midsize U.S. cities, according to a list from a national real estate brokerage.
- Perry-Warsaw Airport to receive portion of $2.4M in funding
Two area airports are receiving a total of $2.4 million in federal funding for upgrades and enhancements, Rep. Christopher Collins, R-Clarence, announced Friday.
- Car sales fall here in July despite strong month nationwide
New-car sales in Monroe County fell in July, bucking both a national and local historical trend, data from Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. shows.
- His view at 100: Burton August Sr. reflects on Monro, his own philanthropy
- Schumer reveals results of inspection of rail crossings here
Sen. Charles Schumer is calling on the Federal Railroad Administration to implement new technologies to help railroad companies monitor the status of their warning systems at highway crossings.
- Morelle, upstate Democrats in Assembly oppose airport change
Assembly Majority Leader Joseph Morelle and his upstate colleagues are calling on the Port Authority of New York and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to halt consideration of the lifting of LaGuardia International Airport’s 1,500-mile perimeter rule.
- Genesee & Wyoming earnings drop in Q2
Weakness in utility coal, steel and scrap shipments in the United States hurt Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s second-quarter earnings, the company reported Monday. The results beat Street estimates, however.
- Rochester Top 100: Close attention to customers' needs pays off