- Monro shares fall after Q4 earnings, revenues misses
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. stocks were down more than $8 a share in early morning trading Thursday, after reporting fourth-quarter results that missed Street estimates.
- Kost Tire agrees to pay $275,000 settlement on oil charges
Kost Tire Distributors Inc. has agreed to pay a $275,000 settlement to the state of New York for falsely charging customers a fee for recycling their used oil.
- Henderson Ford lauded as top government sales dealership in NY
Henderson Ford was the top-selling government-sales dealership in New York last year and 12th in the nation, Ford Motor Co.’s government dealer advisory board reported.
- Gas prices continue to climb
Gas prices continued their spring climb this week, with a 7-cent weekly increase at the local pump, a survey by GasBuddy.com shows.
- Insurance Auto Auctions opens facility Genesee County
Insurance Auto Auctions Inc. has opened a facility in Bergen, Genesee County.
- Boat-shares offer options for enthusiast
- Pair of construction projects to close area roads
Two major road construction projects will resume next week, closing some heavily traveled roads locally, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- New-car sales in Monroe County down 6 percent from a year ago
New-car sales in Monroe County last month were up from February but fell more than 6 percent from a year ago, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Nexus enrollment event slated for airport this month
The Greater Rochester International Airport will serve as host for a Nexus enrollment event this month.
- MCC, Toyota upgrade program to include more apprenticeships
Monroe Community College and Toyota Motor Corp. are overhauling their affiliation to address a shortage of highly skilled technicians.
- Kitty Van Bortel named 2016 Time Dealer of the Year
Mary Catherine Van Bortel, president of Van Bortel Group, was named the 2016 TIME Dealer of the Year. Van Bortel, known as Kitty, received the award at the 99th annual National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Exposition in Las Vegas on Friday evening.
- Route 104 work to resume in Webster
Bridge work is set to resume in Webster. The state said the $6 million project to improve the condition of 17 bridge decks along Route 104 will result in long-term lane closures in the area beginning Monday.
- August was leader in business, civic affairs
- Quantum Sails launches affiliate, new site
Quantum Sails Rochester LLC, a sail-making firm located on Hudson Avenue, has launched a new affiliate and website, sailsNcanvas.com.
- Officials push for public transportation funding
Area transportation advocates, lawmakers and labor and business leaders gathered Friday—at two separate press conferences—to urge Gov. Andrew Cuomo to provide additional funding for public transportation in the Rochester and Finger Lakes region.
- Genesee Transportation Council selects new leader
The Genesee Transportation Council has tapped a 16-year veteran of the organization to serve as executive director.
- Rochester launches Smart City challenge effort
Rochester is taking a crack at $40 million to improve safety and address challenges related to transportation.
- RGRTA opens high-tech bus stations near URMC, College Town
Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority has opened six high-tech bus stations in the University of Rochester Medical Center and College Town area.
- Van Bortel nominated for Time national dealer award
Mary Catherine (Kitty) Van Bortel has earned national recognition from Time and Ally Financial Inc. The president of Van Bortel Group has been nominated for the 2016 Time Dealer of the Year Award.
- January new-car sales highest in more than a decade
New-car sales locally continued to surge in January, the Rochester Automobile Dealers Association Inc. reported.