- New car sales up in March, flat for Q1
New-car sales in Monroe County continue to keep pace with 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Mayor calls for halt of downtown student bus transfers
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren is calling on the Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority and Rochester City School District to stop transferring students in downtown Rochester, following violent incidences at the transit center.
- Officials urge investments in infrastructure
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority joined Genesee Transportation Council and local leaders to participate in the American Public Transportation Association’s nationwide Stand Up 4 Transportation Day on Thursday.
- Alstom to hire 75 at Rochester facility
Alstom Transportation Inc. plans to hire 75 staffers at its Rochester facility this year as a result of federal investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Area car sales down from same time last year
New-car sales in Monroe County fell slightly from year-ago numbers, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- State audit criticizes RGRTA salary bonuses
An audit by state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli has found top executives at Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority collected 57 percent of the organization’s salary bonuses over a three-year period because the authority rewarded collective achievements instead of individual efforts.
- January new-car sales up over prior year
New-car sales in Monroe County last month outpaced January 2014 sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Gas prices here down 32 percent from a year ago
Gas prices in the Rochester area have not budged much in the last three weeks, but they remain far below the average price a year ago, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- His turn at the wheel
With RGRTA since 1999, Miguel Velazquez recently was promoted to COO
- Teamwork is his road to success
- National publication features Rochester distributing company
Regional Distributors Inc. has made the cover of the January/February edition of the national Maintenance Sales News magazine.
- Tech appeal
- Gas prices here fall below $3 a gallon
Holiday travelers will pay less at the pump when they fill up this week, as the average price of a gallon of gas has dropped below $3 in Rochester, a survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- State awards millions for railway, airport repairs
The Rochester region has been awarded more than $1.3 million for railway repairs and more than $1.7 million for airport repairs from the state’s Passenger and Freight Rail Assistance Program.
- Gas prices fall here, but still far above national average
Despite a dramatic fall in prices at the pump, the average price of gasoline in Rochester remains nearly 50 cents per gallon higher than the national average.
- Moving forward
How transportation networks and arteries are set up can have a big impact on development and the quality of life in an urban area.
- Facility transforms transportation, community
The journey to next week’s opening of the RTS Transit Center started more than a decade ago. It wound through state, federal and local agencies, picking up funding and its share of controversy.
- Gasoline prices here hit lowest level since April
Gasoline prices in Rochester this week dropped to their lowest level since April, a weekly survey by GasBuddy shows.
- Auto Dealers
Ranked by number of vehicles sold retail in 2013.
- New vehicle sales climb in May
Sales of new vehicles in Monroe County rose in May, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.