- Gas prices fall but still higher than '15
- Trucking for four generations
Kenneth Johnson leads Leonard’s Express, which logged $200M in revenues in 2015.
- Genesee & Wyoming beats 3Q earnings forecasts
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. this week reported solid third-quarter financials, beating street estimates for earnings, but falling short of revenue expectations.
- New-car sales remain down
New-car sales in Monroe County in September continued to trail 2015 sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Gas prices rising in Rochester this week
Gas prices are on the rise this week as repairs are being made on the Colonial Pipeline and OPEC has announced it will cut back oil production.
- Taking flight
- COMIDA OKs tax breaks for Seisenbacher Rail Interiors facility
Seisenbacher Rail Interiors Inc. received approval Tuesday for sales tax exemptions from the Monroe County Industrial Development Agency for a project that will bring its first United States-based manufacturing facility to Rochester.
- Greater Rochester International Airport gets $2.8M grant
The Greater Rochester International Airport has received a $2.8 million grant from the Department of Transportation for airport improvements.
- Meineke plans to add 13 locations in Rochester area
Meineke Car Care Centers Inc. plans to open 13 new locations in the Rochester area over the next five years, the Charlotte, N.C.-based company said Monday.
- $20M settles lawsuit
- Avon dealership receives FCA US award
Genesee Valley Chrysler Dodge Jeep has earned a FCA Customer First Award for Excellence from FCA US LLC.
- Mitchell Road bridge closing for repairs Friday
The Mitchell Road bridge over the Erie Canal in Pittsford is closing for repairs Friday afternoon, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- Website aiming to fix high price of auto repairs
- Downtown transit center lauded as project of year
The Regional Transit Services downtown transit center in Rochester was recently named a 2016 Public Works Project of the Year by the American Public Works Association.
- Henderson Ford launches book drive for school
Now in its sixth year, Henderson Ford’s “You Share. Kids Explore!” program collects new and used children’s books and donates them to students at School No. 50, Helen Barrett Montgomery. Last year, the program collected more than 1,300 books.
- New-car sales in Monroe County decline in July
New-car sales in Monroe County dropped in July, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Airport to get $1.9M for new facility
Greater Rochester International Airport is slated to receive a $1.9 million grant to build a deicing facility.
- Area's first compressed natural gas station opens
American Natural Gas LLC has opened a public compressed natural gas station in Gates, the Saratoga Springs-based distributor of alternative motor fuels announced this week.
- Buffalo group buys Mazda of West Ridge
Buffalo-based Transitowne Automotive Group has purchased Mazda of West Ridge Inc. for an undisclosed sum. Transitowne has six locations in the Buffalo area.
- Genesee & Wyoming tops expectations for second quarter
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. on Monday reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter, beating Street estimates.