- New-car sales in September improve from a year ago
New-car sales showed improvement last month from year-ago sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- New-car sales down 2 percent in August
New-car sales fell in August from a year ago, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- MCC program receives Ford Fusion from car dealers
Monroe Community College’s automotive technology program has received a 2013 Ford Fusion from the Rochester-Area Ford Dealers as part of the Ford Future Techs program.
- Report shows commuters here waste 39 hours a year
Rochesterians spend 39 hours a year sitting in traffic and waste 20 gallons of gas doing it, a new report from Texas A&M Transportation Institute and INRIX Inc. shows.
- Snap Poll: Rochester airport gets fair grades
Nearly 90 percent of respondents to this week’s RBJ Daily Report Snap Poll frequently use Greater Rochester International Airport for business travel and the plurality gave the airport a fair grade for airfare costs and number of daily flights to destinations of choice.
- Rochester ranks No. 6 on walkable midsize cities list
Rochester ranks among the most walkable midsize U.S. cities, according to a list from a national real estate brokerage.
- Perry-Warsaw Airport to receive portion of $2.4M in funding
Two area airports are receiving a total of $2.4 million in federal funding for upgrades and enhancements, Rep. Christopher Collins, R-Clarence, announced Friday.
- Car sales fall here in July despite strong month nationwide
New-car sales in Monroe County fell in July, bucking both a national and local historical trend, data from Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. shows.
- His view at 100: Burton August Sr. reflects on Monro, his own philanthropy
- Schumer reveals results of inspection of rail crossings here
Sen. Charles Schumer is calling on the Federal Railroad Administration to implement new technologies to help railroad companies monitor the status of their warning systems at highway crossings.
- Morelle, upstate Democrats in Assembly oppose airport change
Assembly Majority Leader Joseph Morelle and his upstate colleagues are calling on the Port Authority of New York and Gov. Andrew Cuomo to halt consideration of the lifting of LaGuardia International Airport’s 1,500-mile perimeter rule.
- Genesee & Wyoming earnings drop in Q2
Weakness in utility coal, steel and scrap shipments in the United States hurt Genesee & Wyoming Inc.’s second-quarter earnings, the company reported Monday. The results beat Street estimates, however.
- Rochester Top 100: Close attention to customers' needs pays off
- Monro misses Q1 expectations, to acquire 31 stores
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported strong fiscal first-quarter financial results, but narrowly missed Street estimates.
- New-car sales in June rise 10 percent over last year
New-car sales in Monroe County fell from May to June but improved over 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Dallas firm proposes its services to bus RSCD students
A Dallas-based busing company is proposing that the Rochester City School District use its services when school resumes in the fall.
- Auto Dealers
- Gas prices rise here heading into July 4 holiday
Despite a steady rise in gas prices locally, experts predict record-high visitors to state and national parks heading into the Independence Day weekend.
- RGRTA to increase public transit in busy area
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is increasing public transit in one of its busiest areas and is inviting the community to an information session to discuss the changes on Wednesday.
- Hamlin bridge begins $1.1 million rehabilitation
A $1.1 million construction project is underway to rehabilitate the Route 19 bridge in Hamlin, the state Department of Transportation announced.