- Gas prices rise here heading into July 4 holiday
Despite a steady rise in gas prices locally, experts predict record-high visitors to state and national parks heading into the Independence Day weekend.
- RGRTA to increase public transit in busy area
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is increasing public transit in one of its busiest areas and is inviting the community to an information session to discuss the changes on Wednesday.
- Hamlin bridge begins $1.1 million rehabilitation
A $1.1 million construction project is underway to rehabilitate the Route 19 bridge in Hamlin, the state Department of Transportation announced.
- Allegiant Air to offer nonstop service to Fort Lauderdale
Allegiant Travel Co. will begin offering nonstop air service from Rochester to Fort Lauderdale in October, the company announced Tuesday.
- Reconnect Rochester gears up for ROC Transit Day
Public transit and environmental enthusiasts are gearing up for a day without cars this week.
- New-car sales in May trail 2014 level
New-car sales in Monroe County improved from April to May, but continued to dip from last year’s sales, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported this week.
- Jazz Fest fans can ride trolley to venues
Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival fans can take the trolley from one venue to another, at no cost, with a shuttle service sponsored by Harris Beach PLLC, organizers announced.
- Work to begin Tuesday on Inner Loop bridge
Construction is scheduled to start Tuesday on the $5.9 million project to rehabilitate the bridge that carries the Inner Loop over the Genesee River and Brown’s Raceway.
- Atlantic Avenue fixture gets new ownership
- Monro posts record profit, misses expectations
Monro Muffler Brake Inc. on Thursday reported record fourth-quarter net income, but missed Street estimates.
- Blue Angels to kick off Rochester International Airshow
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will again appear at the Rochester International Airshow, which kicks off Friday evening with live music at the Greater Rochester International Airport. It will be the first time Rochester will feature a night airshow.
- RGRTA to look at vanpooling
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority is inviting commuters, employers and residents to participate in a study that looks at their transportation use, particularly vanpooling.
- Monroe County car sales slump in April
New-car sales in Monroe County dipped from March to April, bucking the historical trend, Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Auction Direct honored for outstanding service
Auction Direct USA has been recognized by the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association as the 2015 New York State Independent Quality Dealer of the Year.
- Gas prices rise again in Rochester area
Gasoline prices in the Rochester area continue to rise and remain stubbornly above national averages, a weekly survey from GasBuddy.com shows.
- RGRTA to stop busing students to city schools, cut 144 jobs
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority will no longer bus students to and from Rochester City schools when its contract expires in June, resulting in the elimination of 144 jobs.
- RGRTA to hold public session on upcoming plans
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority plans to hold a public information session on Monday to discuss upcoming plans for RGRTA.
- New car sales up in March, flat for Q1
New-car sales in Monroe County continue to keep pace with 2014 sales, the Rochester Automobile Dealers’ Association Inc. reported.
- Mayor calls for halt of downtown student bus transfers
Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren is calling on the Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority and Rochester City School District to stop transferring students in downtown Rochester, following violent incidences at the transit center.
- Officials urge investments in infrastructure
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority joined Genesee Transportation Council and local leaders to participate in the American Public Transportation Association’s nationwide Stand Up 4 Transportation Day on Thursday.