Woodson among Press-Radio Club award honorees
By - 6/19/2013 2:08:56 PM
Rochester Business Journal columnist Rick Woodson, who died in March, was among the honorees at Tuesday evening’s Rochester Press-Radio Club’s 64th annual Day of Champions Dinner.
Woodson’s wife, Beth, accepted the George Beahon Award for sportswriting.
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick received the Coca-Cola Sports Personality of the Year award. Former Democrat and Chronicle sports columnist Scott Pitoniak did a question-and-answer session with Kaepernick at the dinner.
The event was at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. All proceeds benefit Rochester children’s charities.
Craig Harmon, Oak Hill Country Club’s head golf pro, received the Major Donald Holleder Award.
And Colleen Wegman, Wegmans Food Markets Inc. president, received the Morrie Silver Award.
Other awards and recipients:
- Charlie Wagner Award: Jeff Calkins
- Christine Wagner Welch Inspiration Award: Marian Turner
- Coach of the Year presented by the Rochester RazorSharks: Mark Morris
- Democrat and Chronicle Media Group Amateur Athlete Award: Cole Bardreau
- Democrat and Chronicle Media Group Pro Athlete Award: Meghan Musnicki
- Democrat and Chronicle Media Group Pro Athlete Award: Abby Wambach
- Democrat and Chronicle Media Group Pro Athlete Award: Jenn Suhr
- Eddie Meath Award: Bill Fortino
- Elliot Cushing Award: Joe Walters
- ESL Volunteer Award: Gary Larder
- Gary Smith Award: Thad Brown
- Harvey Anderson Awards: Kara Houppert, Ben Kelly, Ashley Miller and Corey Hollister
- Jean Giambrone Award: Marty Martin
- Jerry Flynn Award: Kendall D'Amore
- Paychex Female College Athlete Award: Carissa Risucci
- Paychex Male College Athlete Award: John DiBartolomeo
- Press-Radio High School Athlete Award presented by the Rochester Knighthawks: Luisa Schirmer
- Press-Radio High School Athlete Award presented by the Rochester Knighthawks: Jeff Williamson
- Rich Funke Jr. Award: Spenser Thomas of Webster Thomas High School
(c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.