|PRINT | CLOSE WINDOW|
Do you think you know the history of the PGA Championship and Oak Hill Country Club? Here's a chance to put your knowledge to the test. The answers are on page 28.
1. In the first PGA Championship in 1926, how much money did winner James Barnes receive?
2. How much did Rory McIlroy earn by winning last year's PGA Championship?
3. Since 1916, the PGA Championship has been played every year but three. Name the three years.
4. From 1921 to 1927, only one player other than Rochester-native Walter Hagen won a PGA Championship title. Name him.
5. When was the last match-play PGA Championship?
6. Who was the first player to have four sub-par rounds in the same Championship?
7. In what year did Rochester native Jeff Sluman win the PGA Championship?
8. Shaun Micheel won the 2003 PGA Championship at Oak Hill. What is his best finish at the Championship since then?
9. Jack Nicklaus, who won at Oak Hill in 1980, shares the record for most PGA Championship titles (five). Who is tied with him?
10. Tiger Woods twice has won back-to-back PGA Championships. Name the years.
11. How many of the top 100 players in men's golf competed in the 2012 Championship?
12. Who designed the Oak Hill East Course?
13. Where is the Hill of Fame at Oak Hill located?
14. How many different players have been wire-to-wire winners?
15. Other than Oak Hill, what Western New York golf club has hosted the PGA Championship?
16. Who is the Wanamaker Trophy named after?
8/2/13 95th PGA Championship special supplement (c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.