|PRINT | CLOSE WINDOW|
Fairmount Properties and Gilbane Development Co.—developers of College Town, a development between Mt. Hope and Elmwood avenues—have announced a list of tenants for the renovated area, slated to open in fall 2014.
“We are excited to bring a wonderful variety of businesses to serve the residents of Rochester and University of Rochester community,” said Randy Ruttenberg, principal at Cleveland-based Fairmount Properties.
The list spans both local and national businesses with a complete list of the companies on www.CollegeTownRochester.com.
The list includes familiar names such as:
• The Creator’s Hands: Rochester-based arts, crafts, home decor and gifts, made in the United States;
• Corner Bakery Cafe: specialty breads and sandwiches, hot breakfasts and pastries;
• Saxby’s Coffee: popular Philadelphia-based gourmet coffeehouse;
• Panini’s Bar and Grill: sports-themed restaurant famous for its overstuffed sandwiches;
• Insomnia Cookies: freshly baked cookies with late-night delivery;
• Constantino's Market: a 20,000-square-foot city grocery offering fresh produce, meats, seafood, prepared foods and everyday items;
• Hairzoo: full-service hair salon with several locations in the Rochester area;
• Canandaigua National Bank & Trust: regional bank based in Canandaigua;
• Flight Wine Bar: named one America’s best wine bars by Travel and Leisure magazine; and
• Moe’s Southwest Grill: Fast casual Mexican restaurant and salsa bar.
College Town is a comprehensive plan to redevelop 14 acres of UR-owned property with 500,000 square feet of retail and dining space, hotel and conference facilities, parking and housing. The $100 million project began being formulated in 2008.
“The vision of College Town as a one-of-a-kind new and vibrant place to live, learn, dine, shop, work and play is confirmed with the addition of these new tenants,” said Robert Gilbane, chairman and CEO of Rhode Island-based Gilbane Development.
(c) 2013 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or email email@example.com.