Lifetime Healthcare names Hildebrandt as chairman
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield parent Lifetime Healthcare Cos. Inc. has named Excellus chairman Thomas Hildebrandt as its chairman.
Hildebrandt is special assistant to the president of the Hillside Family of Agencies. Previously Lifetime Healthcare’s vice chairman, he replaces Randall Clark as chairman.
Also newly elected to the Lifetime board are:
- James Norman, president and CEO of Action for a Better Community Inc.
- David Young Jr., business manager for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 86, and president of the Rochester Building and Construction Trade Council;
- Judith Sweet, co-founder and president of Strategic Financial Services in Utica; and
- David Nasca, president and CEO of Evans Bancorp Inc. and Evans Bank N.A. of Buffalo.
Lifetime Healthcare is parent to:
- Excellus, an approximately $6 billion Rochester-based non-profit that runs Blues plans in Rochester, Syracuse, Watertown, Utica-Rome and Finger Lakes-area and the Univera HMO in Western New York;
- Lifetime Care, a Rochester-area non-profit provider of home-care and hospice care;
- Lifetime Health Medical Group, a non-profit that includes primary-care and specialist medical practices and urgent care centers in the Rochester and Buffalo areas;
- MedAmerica Inc., a roughly $150 million national for-profit long-term care insurance company based in Rochester;
- EBS-RMSCO Inc., a for-profit employee benefits firm with offices in Rochester, Buffalo, Albany and Syracuse;
- Support Services Alliance Inc., an Oneida, Madison County-based for-profit employee benefits, payroll and human resources company; and
- The Charles Walker Co., a for-profit wholesale-insurance and specialty-insurance products brokerage with offices in Syracuse and Buffalo.
(c) 2014 Rochester Business Journal. To obtain permission to reprint this article, call 585-546-8303 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.