We invite readers to submit comments in response to articles and other material posted on our Web site. While we encourage active discussion and debate, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below, which are designed to protect the rights and serve the interests of all readers.
By registering to submit comments, and actually posting content to our site, you are consenting to these rules:
1. You agree not to submit abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments. Content considered abusive or inappropriate includes material that is libelous or defamatory; is obscene; infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any individual; violates an individual’s right to privacy; contains language that is degrading to others on the basis of disability, gender, ethnicity, race, national origin, religion or sexual preference; violates any law; is hateful or intended to harass; and advocates unlawful acts.
2. You agree not to submit comments that contain advertising or commercial solicitation.
3. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or affiliation, or to impersonate others.
4. You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You indemnify the Rochester Business Journal Inc. and its officers, managers and employees in regard to any losses, damages or costs that may result from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
5. You agree that we are not responsible for any user submitted content and that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and, without consent, to block, remove or edit any content that we deem inappropriate.
6. You agree that we reserve the right to rescind a user’s privilege to post content on our site.
7. You understand and agree that we are not in any manner endorsing or vouching for the accuracy or reliability of comments posted by readers.
8. You give us permission to use any content you submit. Specifically, you grant to the Rochester Business Journal Inc. a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use this content. Further, you grant to us the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute and otherwise use such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
9. Finally, you agree that you waive any rights you may have in the event content you submitted is edited, altered or changed without your consent.